Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674470 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #850 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »
I mean saying that while paragliding. It is 100 percent him!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #851 on: January 30, 2009, 12:14:06 AM »
He won't be the only one sailing though, lol. But I agree that his pants may match the first group shot...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #852 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
peach it is him. Everything matches him. It looks like him. Mike is in the same kinda shot. Mel is heard to say in the exact same shot in his voice "I would lose the race for this. It is definitley him!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #853 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:06 AM »
I think the source meant there that they were not going the right (most direct) way to the PitStop....

So did one of them hurt themselves falling on that Segway? :'(

And the cakes have to be JUST before the PitStop, or they would have been cleaned up before the source saw them, right?

^^ thats why I'm wondering if Cara and Jamie switched detours?

Quote from Michael's Salzburg blogger:
By the way, the team of two women appeared to have no slime on them whatsoever which would imply they had a choice in a previous activity. A Detour?

I went back and read this guy's blog and correspondence. The first team, young couple, he encounters, the one asking directions, has to be either Preston/Jennifer or Amanda/Kris. He says they are a young couple. And they have slime. He also comments on two other things......"lots of make-up and the woman swore" Well, being from the SOUTH, this just shouts Jennifer to me. The same as Jodi/Chrissy putting on make up for landing in Bucherest, lol Southern women dont do anything without their face on.  I know first hand, I used to be married to one. The other thing was the girl "swore." Again, for some reason, and I admit not having seen them in action yet, I think that was Jennifer. Just a hunch. It just doesn't hit me as a California deal, which would be Amanda.

Then at the Schloss, he saw a girl/girl team with dark hair and no slime. That had to be Cara/Jamie. One was hobbling, so looks a little like a segway accident as has been speculated above.  No slime = no detour switch.

The last team he saw was an older couple with slime and from the pics it seems to be Brad/Victoria, since they are tall

I too think the "slime" event is real close to the Pit Stop or they would have cleaned up.

Whoever was corresponding with that guy in Salzburg might shoot him an email and ask him what color the team in the car was wearing, the one he gave directions too. or send him the pic of Preston/Jennifer and Amanda/Kris and let him identify them.  Either orange or the light blue would be my guess and he might remember that if prompted.  Heck, maybe he is reading this and might just post.

GE says it is 23.3 km (16 miles) 25 min. from Schonau am Konigssee, German (segway event) to Schloss Hellbrunn. I would think the torte (cake throwing) event to be in Berchtesgardener Land too. Maybe we can match up that flag in the tent with one of those villages around Berchtesgaden. MsShrek in post 117 in the Promo Screencaps identified a town in Austria wiht a similiar flag, but the colors are reversed. I think we need to find a village in Berchtesgadener Land with red on the right and blue on the left. Again from MsShrek in post 135 in the Promo Screencaps thread, bavarian tents are blue/white striped and Austrian tents are red/white striped.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:13:17 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #854 on: January 30, 2009, 04:39:46 AM »
In regards to the cleaning up, didn't we see six people go through the mean streets of India covered in paint dust quite recently? Those people never cleaned up even though the task was at the start of the leg.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #855 on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:31 AM »
The banner/flag behind the band.......red/blue and something on it.......

The Municipality of Berchtesgaden Coat of Arms from Wikipedia.com

In reading this morning about Coats of Arms, I always thought they were always the same. This morning I found out they could be different, as long as they all had the same elememts. Anyway, I think the torte throwing was in Berchtesgaden somwhere. I think the colors match. All of the other coats of arms from Berchtesgadener Land I found were different colors. Maybe after 1st episode, we will get something else to narrow it down.

I have to give credit to MsShrek. I would have never picked up on the banner/flag in the background. Good eyes, Ms Shrek
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:36:34 AM by DrRox »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #856 on: January 30, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
A few comments are in order at this time:

1. The scene of the beergarden is typically German, not Austrian(even though Salzburg in on the border). It's very easy to cross over to Bertechsgaden, maybe 25 miels from Salzburg. I predict that that task will be in Germany.

2. The ballet is quintessentially Russian. I predict we will see it in one of the Siberian cities.

Dr. Rox, I agree with Bertechsgaden and even predicted it as one possibility.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #857 on: January 30, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
A few comments are in order at this time:

1. The scene of the beergarden is typically German, not Austrian(even though Salzburg in on the border). It's very easy to cross over to Bertechsgaden, maybe 25 miels from Salzburg. I predict that that task will be in Germany.

2. The ballet is quintessentially Russian. I predict we will see it in one of the Siberian cities.

Dr. Rox, I agree with Bertechsgaden and even predicted it as one possibility.

Kudos to you too. I remember the part of the post about the ballet, but I guess I read right past the german part. It might have been my brain thought you meant another place with the misspelling  Bertechsgaden.....but I usually don't do that. If all the right letters are there, I usually get the meaning and just attribute it to a typo. I spent the last 11 years marking papers and sure did circle a lot of bad spelling......maybe by brain refuses to do it anymore. Spelling wasn't a big part of what I did, but I would point it out to my students. They hated that. I know I dont spell everything correctly everytime, but I do try to proof read and catch them. I associate correcting other people's spelling on the internet to throwing rocks at glass houses.

Again, kudos for making that observation on Bavaria and not Austria.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #858 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
A note for Peach and anyone else wondering, it is 45 km (30 miles approx) drive straight up the valley from Ruhpolding (paragliding) to either Schonau am Konigssee (segway event) and Berchtesgaden (possible location of torte throwing (cake/slime event).  Then about a 30 minute drive to the Schloss Hellbrunn and the Pit Stop.

It's a good thing I am not in charge, lol, cuz I know exactly where I would plant that tent or at least where I would put the clue box for the detour information.... :bounce ... but then again, all my close friends know how warped I am and all the RFF people haven't learned yet.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #859 on: January 30, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
BG is definitely involved here.  The banner in our screen caps belongs to Hoffbrauhaus Berchtesgaden And their website.

I can't find where they have the big tent on GE.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #860 on: January 30, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »
thank you chateau! I've been going cross-eyed looking at blue-red striped flags for the past few days.

I guess the tent doesn't necessarily have to be on their premises though. It could be hired and erected in some remote field, and the Hotel just got to hang their flag there because they provided the beer/band/cakes etc

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #861 on: January 30, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
Chateau is on a ROLL! Three for three!  :ty3:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #862 on: January 30, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »
When I was looking thru the various Berchtesgaden websites, I couldn't help thinking it was much too nice a place to just go to and throw cakes at each other.

I'm assuming the beer drinkers are just background scenery, and not part of a detour if the contestants are going to be self driving from there to the pitstop in Salzburg

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #863 on: January 30, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
BG is definitely involved here.  The banner in our screen caps belongs to Hoffbrauhaus Berchtesgaden And their website.

I can't find where they have the big tent on GE.
Good job Chateau  :jumpy:! Honestly i was looking for German beer labels and couldn't connect any with the banner then lost interest, thought I was on the wrong track!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #864 on: January 30, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »
Bravo Bravo Chateau.........as they say in golf."You da mannnnnn"   

(the blue and red stripes in my eyeballs are starting to fade finally!!!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #865 on: January 30, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
From their website: Maybe we'll see some of the same band?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #866 on: January 30, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
What peach, no Hoffbrauhaus Berchtesgaden history lesson? :word:

:neener:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #867 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Okay, who is going to do be the pretty little summary map with all the pinned locations, for the soon-to-be MAPS! thread?

I would love one for Switzerland and one for Bavaria/Salzburg :please:

Boingo? Neobie? :luvu:

puddin: available for a fee! :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #868 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:59 PM »
A map thread sure would be nice *cough*ahem*cough*  :neener:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #869 on: January 30, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »

Offers puddin cough lozenge  ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #870 on: January 30, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
Shut up, I'm working on it! :neener:

and Christmas is coming too! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #871 on: January 30, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »

Offers puddin a laryngectomy.... :touche:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #872 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »

Offers puddin a laryngectomy.... :touche:

offers puddin and peach inflatable sumo wrestling suits, and removes all sharp objects

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #873 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »
peachy puddin' jello/pudding wrestling  :jumpy:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
or there might be some leftover bavarian cream cakes....