Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674416 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »
If the Peak of the Luminous Moon is the Pit Stop in Guillin, that's a cool spot!

Belle Book

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
Might have a reason why Pit Stop arrivals are so late in Guilin...

Post 223 by Nickasingh, from Sucks (thanks hakushu8 for bringing it over!)

Had the incredible luck to connect in Bangkok for a couple of hours, and was able to gather that an "adventure company" was holding an event here at the Phayathai Palace on the 16th of November, and that the point of contact worked for... World Race Productions! (This is our race, guys!)

Other places which may or may not be locations (I can't tell for sure if I completely understood the lady I talked to, but it's worth a look) are...

this place... and

this place!

It's a huge rush getting from Phuket on the 15th, Bangkok on the 16th, to Guilin on the 17th - but it's possible, and the whole point of the race, isn't it? More info in the timetables thread!

Kinda weird that a month AFTER filming, the flag is still there.
If I were Nickasingh I probably would have swiped it :lol:

And... glad to report that I am now the proud (and very illegal) owner of official Amazing Race paraphernalia!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:08:50 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
I didn't even connect Nickasingh to the flag photo, I only remembered the Pekin Express one, sorry about that Neobie :doh: << to me.

Again, very cool info Neobie :jam:  :yess:

eta: You swiped it Neobie!! YESSS!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »
Tell us more!!  :jumpy: Where/what are those places?? 'Phayathai Palace' ??  Who did you talk to? When/where/what/how??

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

LOL at you stealing the flag!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:14:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2009, 10:29:57 PM »
Tell us more!!  :jumpy: Where/what are those places?? 'Phayathai Palace' ??  Who did you talk to? When/where/what/how??

Neobies going to make us search? I can't find these places!!   :lol:

Click here to view map
Phayathai Plaza

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:35:12 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2009, 10:45:40 PM »
What does this say?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
What does this say?

:lol: that we need a magnifying glass?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »
What does this say?

:lol: that we need a magnifying glass?
Crap, that was supposed to be bigger! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2009, 11:09:28 PM »
 :lol: and I'll guess that Neobie is amused too?
So we have a place that looks like some place to eat? and another place with red cross patterns on the roof? not a museum? or is it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2009, 11:18:38 PM »
Bigger=blurry  (:;)

Something parking? :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »
I'm loving it! :lol: The things that could keep you guys up on a Tuesday night!

< Here's the magnifying glass to help you guys out! (That's the best I could get it to go. Blame my shaky hands!)

Oh, all three places share something in common. And it's Googlalbe; one turned up on Page 2, the other on Page 4!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:42:53 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #538 on: January 13, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
I hate you! :lol:

I've been Googling for an hour...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #539 on: January 13, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
 :funny:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline PeeT_Pm52

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2009, 01:46:04 AM »

this is ศิลปาคาร จุมภฏ พันธุ์ทิพย์

www.suanpakkad.com

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2009, 08:08:23 AM »
Thank you PeeT!!!!

Heee...one down, one to go!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Ah a palace museum, I was on the right track but would never have got it, thanks PeeT!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »

Had the incredible luck to connect in Bangkok for a couple of hours, and was able to gather that an "adventure company" was holding an event here at the Phayathai Palace on the 16th of November, and that the point of contact worked for... World Race Productions! (This is our race, guys!)

Other places which may or may not be locations (I can't tell for sure if I completely understood the lady I talked to, but it's worth a look) are...

this place... and

this place!

It's a huge rush getting from Phuket on the 15th, Bangkok on the 16th, to Guilin on the 17th - but it's possible, and the whole point of the race, isn't it? More info in the timetables thread!

Neobie, I absolutely agree that Amazing Races are sometimes scheduled with two legs on back-to-back days, but I have never seen it three legs back-to-back. A possible answer is my friend the TBC, which hasn't been seen since AR6. With a TBC e nding the Phuket leg, there is no pit stop to slow teams from getting to Bangkok. Another possiblity beyone that is the split leg in 2 different places. That has been used recently, including in ARA3 with Bangkok plus chiang Mai, ARA2 where they did Hong Kong (what a farce), then New Zealand and ARA1 where the infamous Singapore Caltex task was sandwiched between departure from Auckland and arrival in Bangkok.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #544 on: January 14, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
I just have some predictions and questions regarding this coming seasons race locations.  First, if the starting line was in Los Angeles (again) how come there hasn't been any reports from LAX airport like the past two seasons.  Also if Romania is the only new country this season there should at least be one other new country.  My prediction is regarding that maybe somewhere along the first or second legs, since the sightings were in Eastern Switzerland; Liechtenstein is kinda near that area and is easily reached by rail from Zurich or to Austria on they way to Salzburg; or after the legs(s) in Siberia before Thailand (we could be looking at Nepal, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, ect as the other new country, since no other info regarding the India sighting of Phil has came out.  My other prediction is that the length of days spent in Romania could indicate two legs and not one.  My last question is the finish line, if its in Hawaii, the only major Hawaiian island that has not hosted the Amazing Race is Molokai; already Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Lanai, and the Big Island had hosted the race in past seasons, I think Molokai might get its chance to get some Amazing Race action.  Also I think with 6 emmy's the Amazing Race might go on for a few more seasons due to its popularity.   :piano:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: January 15, 2009, 12:15:46 AM »
Yep, Suan Pakkad is it!

Here's a map of the three locations - but the last one doesn't allow photography (it's on royal grounds), so I'm wondering if TAR really went there?

Night buses are much more frequent from Phuket to Bangkok than day buses. Will post the timetables in that thread!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #546 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:15 AM »
Where's that Map?? ??? Location #2 has defeated me, :lol:

TAR can go anywhere I'm convinced, they have great powers of convincing!

You did such a wonderful job tracking TAR around--almost like having our own Production team! :thankyou: and I do hope it was as much fun for you as it was for us!  :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #547 on: January 15, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »

this place... and

this place!

Neobie, I absolutely agree that Amazing Races are sometimes scheduled with two legs on back-to-back days, but I have never seen it three legs back-to-back. A possible answer is my friend the TBC, which hasn't been seen since AR6. With a TBC e nding the Phuket leg, there is no pit stop to slow teams from getting to Bangkok. Another possiblity beyone that is the split leg in 2 different places. That has been used recently, including in ARA3 with Bangkok plus chiang Mai, ARA2 where they did Hong Kong (what a farce), then New Zealand and ARA1 where the infamous Singapore Caltex task was sandwiched between departure from Auckland and arrival in Bangkok.

I think you meant AR 10. Just to clarify. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #548 on: January 15, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »

this place... and

this place!

I think you meant AR 10. Just to clarify. :tup:
There's a difference between a TBC and a 'superleg'. The TBC leg in TAR6 was in Hungary when teams went to an internet cafe to find a video message of Phil giving them their next clue, which turned into another leg. The actual 'superleg' concept where either Phil gives racers their next clue (7, 8(?), 9) or they find their next clue in a cluebox (10) wasn't used until season 7. So there is a possibility it could be either/or.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »
Thank you, Hooky and bag, for your clarifiactions. The situation in question is the 9th leg of AR10 at the Helsinki Olympic Tower. I went back and looked at it. it ends with James/Tyler getting a Keep Racing! instruction. Is that a TBC or a superleg? I think it is probably both. I define TBCs whether the action is continuous and you go to a second leg without a pit stop. I don't have a definition for a superleg.

In any case, my memory which told me that there were no TBCs since AR6 was incorrect. I had remembered episode 9 as a double-sized leg, but it isn't. Thank you for the udpate.