Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674383 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »
whoo hoo
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2008, 08:07:53 AM »
puddin! thanks for the detailed explanation, they might be the same though. Nevertheless, 3 FF team way is better than 2, so it's gonna be awesome! Can't wait for season 14! more diversity, FF team in the final 3 and I hope they win!!!! omg! I'm so excited!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
You know how astronomers find new stars by looking where there's a blank spot in the night sky? Yeah that's kind of the way it is with TAR.

Popped by the Phuket Zoo, and the staff there were very reluctant about saying anything to do with filming! There were some pretty lame excuses ("Oh there are many people." "Oh I forget."), so I can pretty much confirm that this is one of our racers' locations!

Which, sad to say, kind of means a monkey show is slated to appear on our TV screens soon.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
You know how astronomers find new stars by looking where there's a blank spot in the night sky? Yeah that's kind of the way it is with TAR.

Popped by the Phuket Zoo, and the staff there were very reluctant about saying anything to do with filming! There were some pretty lame excuses ("Oh there are many people." "Oh I forget."), so I can pretty much confirm that this is one of our racers' locations!

Which, sad to say, kind of means a monkey show is slated to appear on our TV screens soon.
Your awesome Neobie! thank you for the new info!

....and we all hope you are home or at least somewhere safe!  :hugs:  :kuss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »
oh NO! That monkey show at the zoo is the lamest--there are several YouTubes you can watch...

Thanks for sharing Neobie! TAR Detectives in action! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
UPDATE FEB 22 2009
THIS WAS A LIE -- IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I REALLY THINK, GO HERE: http://www.survivorsucks.com/sreply/4099822/t/TAR-14-Spoiler-Thread.html

OK well, I was sent this on facebook,

take it for what it's worth ....

eta: :lies: :lies:  :ahat:

I have some information regarding TAR 14, but unfortunately the website won't send me an activation email, so I am passing this info on the only way possible for me at the moment.

One of my mothers friends saw several teams in Thailand and because she is a TAR fan, she recognized them straight away and began talking to them.

One of the teams was the father/son team

One was the young dating team in orange, one of whom was deaf.

The third team was a team of two male dwarfs (possibly the 'two short men')

She spoke with the deaf woman for a long time in the airport, and she whispered 'we're in a race' to her. The deaf woman also said to trip the dwarfs, they aren't nice people.

There were camera men with every team who were being very careful about people taking photos. In spite of this, she said she managed to get several good photos of the teams she saw.

I will send the photos when I can get my hands on them.

If this were true that would mean the F4 is: two short men, father/son, orange auburn couple, and a f/f team ....

I'm not buying it, but i wanted to post it anyways just in case lol.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:21:45 PM by Michael »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »
I tend to think its legit Michael, we shall see? I have activated the persons account, well I guessed at it thanks to Michaels info, lol
OH pictures!! I want to see them!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2008, 12:07:32 PM »
She "talked" a long time w/ the deaf woman? Does  she sign ?? ???

Pictures will be fabulous, of course!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
She "talked" a long time w/ the deaf woman? Not unless she she signs!  :snicker:
We don't know that she doesn't sign? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I don't think someone would go through so much trouble to make up a story you know? If its fake I'll take the blame so says Michael :D

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
I'm just saying...

if SHE:

was deaf, wouldn't she have hearing aids?

she looks like she's talking to the taxi driver?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:51:52 PM by Michael »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »
Notice in the picture that they are taping her, but the sound guy is occupied with the other van.

Maybe the sound guy isn't recording her because she isn't speaking - just pointing out stuff on the paper.
And why are there two vans?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2008, 01:45:01 PM »
If Michael's emailer has photo's I think he/she will be a godsend. Hoping this information is legit!  :dance:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2008, 01:49:04 PM »
Notice in the picture that they are taping her, but the sound guy is occupied with the other van.

Maybe the sound guy isn't recording her because she isn't speaking - just pointing out stuff on the paper.
And why are there two vans?
2 vans because there are several teams. And who says because she is deaf she cannot speak? even so wouldn't the male be recorded...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »
I think it looks like they are doing a zoom in on the clue. I think if the womens info is legit the blonde auburn women can speak and she can read lips as well as signs so she new what the women was saying. I am just being optimistic hoping this info is legit!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »
Certainly deaf people can speak, it is just that I understood that all of her communication would be captioned, as in "translated", so I assumed that speech might not be her primary mode, which led me to believe that she would be signing.

There is still a division among which route is better for hearing impaired children: do you mainstream them into lip reading and speech or do you go with primarily signing?

The way the info was relayed to me made me think that signing would be the case here, but that could always be my misinterpretation of what I was told. If so, it will be my bad!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #315 on: November 28, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »
A deaf person?  Wow!  I got the chance to meet Heather Whitestone, the first (and I think only) deaf Miss America, and I got her autograph!  It was at the Miss America Boardwalk Parade when it was in Atlantic City.  This is another team I'll be rooting for!

Belle Book

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »
Hello everybody, Michael's emailer here.

Unless my mum is lying to me, and that would mean in turn that mum's friend is lying to her, the info is legit.

It came from a fan of the race, that's why she took all the photos.

And RE: The deaf girl, do we all remember Christa from Survivor a while back who spoke and read lips?

I think this woman would speak to most people because, let's face it, how many people know how to sign?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »
Hello everybody, Michael's emailer here.

Unless my mum is lying to me, and that would mean in turn that mum's friend is lying to her, the info is legit.

It came from a fan of the race, that's why she took all the photos.

And RE: The deaf girl, do we all remember Christa from Survivor a while back who spoke and read lips?

I think this woman would speak to most people because, let's face it, how many people know how to sign?

Thanks for the info Coutzy :jumpy:. I didn't think someone would go through all this trouble to make up a story so went with my gut. Do you know if the friend gave your mom a date?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »
No date has been set at the moment because of the terror situation.

And I'm definitely not making this up, I wouldn't do that to the only people in the world who can match my love for TAR.

Seriously, I'm downloading TAR 13 off youtube because I can't wait two weeks for it to be on Aussie TV, and I can't wait 24 hours for the torrent to download.

That's commitment.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »
Well were looking forward to those photos Coutzy if and when possible. And enjoy the show!! last weeks had one of the funniest moments ever!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
wondering too if and when we could take a look at the photos   :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Coutzy!

Thank you so much for being persistent in finding a way to share this with us, and please thank your Mom's friend as well, I hope she is safe?

What great luck to have a TAR fan see them at the airport! :hearts:

Would it be possible to clarify with her which airport, what date she saw them, and the approximate time? Which way were they headed?

I will be eager to hear more about her description of the hearing impaired racer-- as we all know, Adrian and Collin showed in TARA 2 that winning the race is totally possible for a hearing impaired racer. I think seeing the communication dynamics will be so interesting--perhaps it won't even be an issue!  I remember Adrain and Collin saying that sign language could be a great way for them to communicate privately, so it could be fun to see if that happens here. Clearly they are doing great in the race to make it this far!

And please let me know if I can help with links to TAR13 for you...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
They were headed from Bangkok to Phucket a week or two ago, I'll clarify all of this as soon as I get the chance.

The woman I got the info from is back home, she's just waiting on her friend, who has all the pictures.

The second I get a hold of them, you guys will be the first to know.

EDIT: Also, she only saw three teams on her flight, so there's definitely some separation between teams in Thailand, unless they all caught the same connecting or had an hours of operation leveler.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »
I dont want to sound off, but when i look at the girl in Orange she just looks deaf to me idk why.

But many deaf people dont wear hearing aids [Marlee Matlin doesnt wear any, Christie on Survivor Didnt].  Also she didnt say how deaf the girls was, she could just be deaf in one ear.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
Found this from a blog...not sure exactly WHERE or WHEN, but it was posted on Nov 26th..

About that filming crew, well two braided pigtailed twins in backpacks ran by us as a film crew chased them —we were watching the Amazing Race!! We figured it was the German television version.