Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674443 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »
I wonder is that is the new 2nd Fast Forward.......instead of shaved head, now it is a bad red dye job!
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
I was just about to post that one.
Bet they're glad not to be in Bangkok this week...

Amen to that! Prayers for all there:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
My AR14 TImeline already lists Hawaii as one of 3 destinations for the AR14 Finish Line. What I find confusing is that the Asia departure city is Beijing. Beijing is not a typical connecting city between Guilin and the Finish Line. Tokyo was the logical connecting point for going to the Pacific Northwest.

So this leads me to conclude that there was an 11th leg in the Beijing area before a final 12th leg. Otherwise, there would be no reason to go through Beijing airport.

We still don't know where the leg between Phuket and Guilin goes.

I am going to ponder this and make appropriate alterations to tthe AR14 Timeline.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »
Apskip, I believe the blog reads that they are on an Air China flight from Beijiing to Tokyo, but you are probably referring to Guilin>Beijiing here?

Remember too that the Pacific Northwest remains only speculation for now, Tacoma has been pretty much ruled out.

I hope to know more soon! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
I wonder is that is the new 2nd Fast Forward.......instead of shaved head, now it is a bad red dye job!
per the Guilin info posted by TARA maybe?  http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17941.0.html
Cool find peach!! :yes:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »
omg double mint twins...f/f....finale....final three?

THANKS PEACH...

and holy crap Neobie, LOL, it's an EXACT match! good job! :D

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
wow! after 9 seasons we will have a "new" twin team hmmm but what's with the double mint remark? I don't get it...hopefully it's a FF team ;p remember the poster who said that he saw a "sister looking team" maybe that's them or probably a new one that hasn't been spotted yet! ^^ hopefully CBS will show a TAR14 preview in the finale *crossed fingers ^^

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2008, 12:01:08 PM »
thanks Michael! now I got it haha go FF twins!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
wow! after 9 seasons we will have a "new" twin team hmmm but what's with the double mint remark? I don't get it...hopefully it's a FF team ;p remember the poster who said that he saw a "sister looking team" maybe that's them or probably a new one that hasn't been spotted yet! ^^ hopefully CBS will show a TAR14 preview in the finale *crossed fingers ^^

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the team with the badly dyed red hair is the two blondes that were spotted in romania (i think it was romania) that supposedly looked a lot alike....they may not actually be twins. Like DrRox and Puddin speculated I bet one of the tasks or maybe a FF was previously a dye your hair an ugly color or something because it was said that teams had to visit a salon in guilin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
peach and I were just on the phone saying " I wonder when Michael would write......"  OMG F/F FTW :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »
peach and I were just on the phone saying " I wonder when Michael would write......"  OMG F/F FTW :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 :neener: :neener: :neener:
you knew it was only a matter of time.

BUT STILL. I refuse to root for them.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
Yay. I am loving this season already. Hopefully the doublemints will be twins. We havent had them for 9 seasons as manilaguna said!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline manilaguna

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
Michael, the FF teams spotted in Romania were brunettes according to romaniafan. However, enzin77 also spotted a “dustin & kandice-like” FF team in Switzerland and Nijjy saw another FF team who were “looking like sisters wearing green shirts.”

Hmmm…putting it all together it seems plausible that the girls in green tops are indeed the “double mint twins?” who got bleached in China as a part of their task or maybe the Fast Forward as u guys said…bleached teeth is indeed a custom in many parts of Asia but I dunno about bleached hair? ^^  a Fast Forward in the final 4 would be awesome because it never happened before! Whew! I’m so excited now! lol

Furthermore, it seems like we might have 4 female teams this coming soon?
1. dustin-kandice look alike or prolly the double mint twins  (in Switzerland and China)
2. brunettes wearing pink and blue (in Romania & Thailand)
3. older African American team (in  Switzerland & Romania)
4. flight attendants (in Romania)

F/F FTW!!! ^^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »
I think the Kelly Ripa look alike team and flight attendants are one in the same?

Nov 5th
Brasov & Bucharest, Romania
romaniafan:
*I spotted at least four teams coming thru baggage claim at about that time, one of which might have overlapped with the ones my friend spotted
* Asian couple with backpacks
* two girls, looked to be in their 20s
*.. then I saw at least two other teams and their camera crews come running through the doors -
**one was two slightly older African American ladies,
***and another was two rather short men

romaniafans friend who was on flight with the teams:
*She was sitting right next to one of the contestants, my friend said she was a Kelly Ripa lookalike. This contestant had another friend sitting up a few rows, who she kept referring to as Chrissy.
**The lady also told the flight attendant that she and her friend Chrissy are Southwest Airlines flight attendants back home.
***She said she also had noticed one other team of two girls with backpacks and camera crews, which I suspect *may* have been the pair I (romaniafan) saw stalled outside baggage claim, but not sure.
****My friend said the racer sitting next to her on the plane had mentioned that others "from our group" had been on an earlier flight that day. And as I may have already mentioned, she was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of her daughter that said "I love you wherever I go".

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »
yeah puddin i think they're the same too

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »
The race probably ended in the western USA, Hawaii or Alaska as going from China (rumored) to the east makes no sense

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »
Does this mean that there have to be 12 legs? I won't start celebrating prematurely until we know for sure! :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2008, 07:00:04 PM »
oh BOY!!!

From a blog dated 11/25 but describing events that occured 11/21-23 as best as I can tell: Starts at Beijing airport!

Three airlines, twelve “customer service” representatives and multiple people yelling at each other in Mandarin later we found ourselves on an Air China flight back to Tokyo.  We’re still not sure why or what they were screaming but it seemed to be the norm for the airport.  That said, it was a lovely airport.

During this ordeal we couldn’t help but notice two groups of travelers flashing American passports being flanked by their own teams of cameramen looking a little too giddy to be at the airport in Beijing at 8am. Oddly enough, it seems that we found ourselves in the middle of  CBS’ “Amazing Race” with two teams on our flight.  Without giving too much away, I can assure you that all of the panic and suspense of the actual show comes from some really great editing.  On this particular day we found ourselves watching the double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair preen the entire time for the cameras.
M had to remind me a few times that something are better thought than said aloud and that when calling people “twits” and such it’s best to do it at a volume they can’t hear you.

Forthunately the flight itself wasn’t bad as a nap and bag of M&Ms calmed me down considerable after being cut in front of by the camera crew multiple times had me rather annoyed.

Still we had quite a ways to go and even bumped into the host Phil Keoghan as he waited for his flight to film the finale in Hawaii.  It’s important to note that the running, fighting and begging for seats that you see on TV didn’t really happen and oh yeah, Phil flies business class.

Hmm ... I'll bet the bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair were part of a Fast-Forward task -- or at least the badly dyed hair was.  And the blonde women were probably the team who had their hair dyed -- which means they probably make the Final 3!  Well, at least we'll have an all-female team in the finals -- let's hope this team's a good one!

Belle Book

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
so, the final city will be in Honolulu, Hawaii [again] and according to that latest speculation where there's a 3 remaining teams sighted in Beijing airport.  IMO, I believe that the 3 remaining teams were racing on that city (in Beijing) before heading toward to a final city, Honolulu and they'd should get a connecting flight in tokyo as the only way to get there but they're on a waiting list.  Racing to Tokyo before heading to Honolulu, looks like it's impossible to me because there's already been shooting for the upcoming TAR Israel which it was reported according to a witness there and it might cause a confusion there if both of them are filming at the same time in a same city.  So the final leg for TAR 14 might looks like this: from Guilin to Beijing, China and there, the final 3 teams are doing some tasks there [and probably they'll might be visit to Beijing Olympic Stadium there and do a Detour or Road Block task which is based on a olympic games] before heading to the final city, Honolulu. :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »
topaz, that is nice speculation, but PLEASE be sure to say so, okay?

Honolulu is NOT known to be the final city. All we know right now is that teams are heading to Hawaii.  We don't know the final island even,  so to say Honolulu is final city is premature, I think.

We also know that TOKYO is a connection only per the blog itself.  I recall reading nothing about a waiting list.

It is fun to speculate on what may or may not happen, but at this point it is crucial that we all be quite clear about what is and what isn't KNOWN vs SPEC. Otherwise we will all be getting Google alerts saying that RFF says that Honolulu is the final city.  :groan:

We also don't know yet whether teams were in Beijiing for tasks or not, but I am inclined to agree that it could be quite possibly the last leg before the finale.

But as spec I heard quite a bit of chatter from various sources that suggested that the Olympic Stadium in Beijiing was going to be used for a task in TARA 3 , so perhaps that all was meant for TAR 14 and not TARA at all?? I'd love that!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
PHUKET, THAILAND - So I was nosing around Rama IX Park, disturbing everyone unfortunate enough to cross my path - joggers, students, road sweepers... My three-day-old Thai wasn't very helpful, but this is what I found out:

Only about 5% of the conversations were in English, so there might have been quite some miscommunication...

According to the gardeners, a group arrived in the park at about 4pm. Production in the park went on for about two hours, until about 6pm. They gave me the *running motion* *around the lake motion*. Appearing frequently in the conversation was the English word "exercise".

A cyclist told me that production spent time in the Fitness Center - a tiny indoor public gym on the north side of the park. Normal opening hours are 6am to 9.30am and then 5pm to 8.30pm (for the working class), so there might have been an Hours of Operation. The guy who opened the shutters at 5pm couldn't, or wouldn't, communicate anything about what happened.

The Phuket Gazette photo was taken next to a police booth. Nothing from them. The shops along the road outside the park mostly don't know anything, and even those who said they knew, I think those were false positives. (My fault, my Thai sucks.)

I have absolutely no idea what they could have done in that gym. It's just weights machines and stuff. There were photos of a muay thai event on the notice board though, but it looked like a different location. Heading all the way to Phuket, to lift weights??

Oh, by the way? Teams trying to get to "Rama Nine Park" will not get ANYTHING out of the locals. They know it as Seum Luang, and even then it's pronounced quite differently than the way we would...

Your foreign correspondent Neobie, reporting from Phuket.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:10:13 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »
Bless you Neobie!!  :jumpy:  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2008, 11:38:04 PM »
Be safe Neobie!! That's the most important thing!!

Thanks for the info!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
And no surprise to those of us who are following the TIMELINE thread, but I am pleased to be able to confirm from an independent source, that the race did finish 100% on or before 11/23, and almost certainly either on or just before 11/22.  :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
And no surprise to those of us who are following the TIMELINE thread, but I am pleased to be able to confirm from an independent source, that the race did finish 100% on or before 11/23, and almost certainly either on or just before 11/22.  :angel:

you are so good!
GO F/F team!