Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673305 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2008, 10:38:12 PM »

I'm reasonably certain they're entering Rama IX park off of Chao Fah road; there's no Rama V park in Phuket that I could find. Compare the plants and the orange/rattan looking building in the background to this.
You find the best stuff Slowhatch!  :yess: :jam:

I can't get the angle but ......

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:53:02 AM by puddin »

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2008, 11:45:20 AM »
If it's a slightly-built guy in the carriage, it could be a match with the Asian couple seen in Romania earlier in the race.  I dunno, though. I'd expect a little more bicep if the person in the carriage was male.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
It's possible that the male guy isn't heavily built.  In any case, we either have an all-female team or the Asian couple -- and I think somebody said the Asian couple makes it to Phuket.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
It's possible that the male guy isn't heavily built.  In any case, we either have an all-female team or the Asian couple -- and I think somebody said the Asian couple makes it to Phuket.

Belle Book

From the eyewitness/on the Phuket flight *one of the contestants, an asian looking man with his girlfriend. Nice guy

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
Heee... to you guys, old is probably thirty! :groan:

30 is anicent. Old is like 24 for me. (just kidding LOL)
*back to searching blogs*
See and that is why Michael is beloved on this board.....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2008, 12:28:33 AM »
I still think it is TAR Israel! :lol:

Thanks to apple73 at TWoP!

Amazing Race pitstops in Sydney
By David Knox on November 23, 2008 Filed Under News The Amazing Race swept through Sydney last week, shooting episodes of its 14th season.

One reader tells TV Tonight, “I was in Sydney this weekend and they were filming new Amazing Race. They were at the Opera House. Two teams came up running with camera crews -I was so excited! I think they were after Mrs Macquarie’s Chair. I wanted to follow, them I love the show!”

According to news.com.au it was also in Manly: ….for an hour or so there was a sudden stampede of earnest, sweaty, tired types with backpacks clambering on the sand.

It’s not the first time TAR has visited Sydney, previously visiting the Harbour Bridge and Harry’s Cafe de Wheels. It’s also raced through Brissy, Perth, Adelaide, Cairn, Coober Pedy and Darwin.

Of the 14th season, Keoghan has said, “It’s incredible. It’s amazing, quite frankly. We’ll be heading out for the 14th time to go around the world. We keep having this opportunity and for me, it’s the best job I’ve ever had and I love it. And thankfully the viewers love it and it’s always nice to be employed and when you get employed. You get to go around the world and shoot great adventures with people and with an audience, there’s nothing more exciting than that.”

Source: news.com.au, CBS

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/11/amazing-race-pitstops-in-sydney.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2008, 01:11:06 AM »
I think so too, its already posted in the TARI thread thanks to Google Alerts :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2008, 05:22:58 AM »
oops! That's what I get for posting in my sleep!  :zzz  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:11 AM »
Another FWIW thanks to Masem @ Twop

Today @ 11:27 am Post#26
From the very unlikely but let-it-be-known department:

I'm driving into Tacoma, WA this morning along WA-509 around 8am when I saw boards saying "Filming in progress along 509, 6:30 -11:30am". Save for some cops waiting at the edges of this area, I saw no signs of a major film crew or anything they looked like fixed cameras in place. The area right before 509 dumps into downtown Tacoma (crossing to 705) was wetted down, however.

(Downtown Tacoma map; the 509 is the far right of it)

Now, again, this could be a legitimate film shoot, but the schedule is 1) about 23-24 days after the race started in late October, so returning to the US about now would be correct and 2) this follows the usual TAR tradition of an early morning Sunday end date. If I wasn't busy, I would have checked out a few places for TAR flags but I didn't see anything.

Now, why'd they be on the 509 would be likely one of two things (as if they were coming in from anywhere else, they'd be on the I-5): they could have had a task at one of the dockyards to the east, and then had to travel to a point proper inside Tacoma (for example, Defiance Park , which is the upper left part of the map), which makes the 509 appropriate, or they are trying to get to downtown Tacoma proper (like, for example, the Glass museum, a block away from 509/705) which they would come up I-5, onto the 705, and then onto 509 and into the city.
Again, I saw no flags, no film crew, no circling copters, so this simply could be a real film shoot, however it can't hurt to hope :-) (unfortunately today is really foggy, so panaramic shoots would not be great). 

I did a quicky search and came up with this, the Glass Museum would work for the Toyota commercial.

More Filming in Downtown Tacoma - Tomorrow
(20. November 2008, 13:19 ) ~

A film crew will shut down Commerce Street between S. 15th and S. 17th Streets on Friday, Nov. 21. The time frame the production coordinator has provided is 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. However, closure could occur as early as 1 p.m. During the closure, Pierce Transit will operate the Tacoma Link service using Pierce Transit buses.

Here’s the word:

It’ll be a Toyota commercial. They’ll be shooting in front of the Convention Center on Friday. Then, on Sunday, they’ll be down at the 21st Street Bridge and the Museum of Glass
http://www.exit133.com/4876/more-filming-in-downtown-tacoma-tomorrow

Offline TARA

• RFF Not So Newbie
[spoiler from China] TAR 14 comes to ....
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »
I went to a local net-forum of TAR fans in china and someone posted saying TAR14 was visiting china. they saw Phil and the production crew. more than 40 people replied (that's a large number of population in the forum)
and more detailed information was post out
sorry, phil and Mr. Van Munster. I love your show so much, but people here just want to know more about it.
so here it is:
date: nov.18th
l
ocation: Guilin, Guangxi Province, China
a beautiful city with world famous
official tourisim site http://www.guilintourist.com/
Two crusted movements of earth took place about 200 and 180 million years age thrusting the limestone sediments out of the sea bottom. They were forced upwards more than 200 meters to the surface. This Karst formation was molded through many years of erosion by the wind and rain to become the hills and rocks with bizarre shapes. There are numerous complete Karst (limestone sites), which are of high scientific value and tour value.
Strongly recommended by the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Guilin is one of the most picturesque places in the world, making it one of the most ideal tourist destinations. With such an abundance of attractions, it has always possessed a special charm and appeal to visitors, especially to foreign visitors.

a girl said her boyfriend helped the production, seemed like to be one of the local assistant.
she claimed that when her bf told her that, she instantly thought about TAR and could confirm that.

they lived in Sheraton and the pit top was Sun-Moon-Tower.
and a mountain named Di-Tsai was also visited.
They also have been to a steel factory.
It was also said teams had to go to a hair salon to wash their hair.
Phil was described very tall and handsome by her bf.

And for security reasons, all assistants have been asked to remain their position after everyone is on the plane, the left the same day.
so far, no photo evidence.

P.S some others said people see a lot of foreign people running in the subway in Shanghai days b4 that which the city was visited in season 6.

a little about myself: a 19y.o Chinese boy currently studies in the U.S bcuz after watching TAR, I have decided to be a TV producer. AMAZING RACE is really amazing,

did anyone feel about their editing of the show had been worse since S9?
i checked out because BVM became the direcor of the show since that time. I would say S5-S7 were wonderful editing, but now, i don't get the feeling when I first time watch TAR of S5.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:19:05 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: [spoiler from China] TAR 14 comes to ...
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »
I went to a local net-forum of TAR fans in china and someone posted saying TAR14 was visiting china. they saw Phil and the production crew. more than 40 people replied (that's a large number of population in the forum)
and more detailed information was post out
sorry, phil and Mr. Van Munster. I love your show so much, but people here just want to know more about it.
so here it is:
date: nov.18th
l
ocation: Guilin, Guangxi Province, China
a beautiful city with world famous
official tourisim site http://www.guilintourist.com/
Two crusted movements of earth took place about 200 and 180 million years age thrusting the limestone sediments out of the sea bottom. They were forced upwards more than 200 meters to the surface. This Karst formation was molded through many years of erosion by the wind and rain to become the hills and rocks with bizarre shapes. There are numerous complete Karst (limestone sites), which are of high scientific value and tour value.
Strongly recommended by the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Guilin is one of the most picturesque places in the world, making it one of the most ideal tourist destinations. With such an abundance of attractions, it has always possessed a special charm and appeal to visitors, especially to foreign visitors.

a girl said her boyfriend helped the production, seemed like to be one of the local assistant.
she claimed that when her bf told her that, she instantly thought about TAR and could confirm that.

they lived in Sheraton and the pit top was Sun-Moon-Tower.
and a mountain named Di-Tsai was also visited.
They also have been to a steel factory.
It was also said teams had to go to a hair salon to wash their hair.
Phil was described very tall and handsome by her bf.

And for security reasons, all assistants have been asked to remain their position after everyone is on the plane, the left the same day.
so far, no photo evidence.

P.S some others said people see a lot of foreign people running in the subway in Shanghai days b4 that which the city was visited in season 6.

Thanks for the info TARA! I believe this is true. Can you provide a link to the China forum?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:34:40 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: [spoiler from China] TAR 14 comes to ....
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2008, 02:20:42 AM »
Also I took the Guilin, China out of your header/title TARA, some people might not want to know locations, nothing against you I hope you understand :)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2008, 06:29:40 AM »
see, my speculation is quite right.  They went to China alright and probably that will be the 10th leg of the race, and I'm also right that both TAR 14 and TAR Israel will simultaneously feature on that country as well and we're gonna see it next year.  btw, Guilin is located just on the southern part of China, and they're almost near to Hong Kong and Macau, the 2 cities that was filmed for the upcoming TAR Israel and imagine how very close to those places for the production of those 2 versions of TAR franchise.

And next year, it'll be the productions of TAR 15, TARA 4 and TAR LA, simultaneously.  And what country do you think it might feature on the filming of these 3 seasons of different TAR franchise, simultaneously?  Remember when both TAR 12 and TARA 2 was simultaneously filmed, last year, they'd featured Japan but they'd went to a different cities [on TAR 12 it was Osaka while TARA 2 was in Tokyo] and 6 or 7 months ago both TAR 13 and TARA 3, they'd raced to India.  Isn't it coincidence?

So, I'll take a guess, maybe Canada for TAR 15, TARA 4 and TAR LA?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2008, 08:12:56 AM »
"Guilin is located just on the southern part of China, and they're almost near to Hong Kong and Macau." I guess this depends on your definition of almost near. I took a hydrofoil from somewhere in the Guilin area direct to Hong Kong, a trip of over 500 miles. It took over 9 hours at hydrofoil speed. The 500 miles included a bypass of Guangzhou, so as the crow flies the distance is maybe 400 miles. I would not expect AR14 teams to have a 10th leg in Hong Kong due to past races visiting there.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations and Spoiler Summary
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2008, 12:52:35 PM »
I don't have any really good ideas to present. I have the results of some spculation that I have been engaging in. We know that Phil was spotted in Delhi airport in the early hours of Nov. 14. That suggests that leg 7 might have been in India or just adjacent. The 3 most interesting places that prior Amazing Races have not visited are Kathmandu, Bangalore and Goa. I have investigated flights for each one and find that there are plenty of nonstop flights Kathmandu to Bangkok, so AR14 would not likely have gone to Bangkok via Delhi (even if it's just for Phil). From Bangalore to Bangkok there are lots of connections, but few going through Delhi, so I do not think that Bangalore was the lucky city. From Goa, there are no routes through Delhi so it is also unlikely to have been chosen.

So I can tell you which 3 Indian or Nepalese cities it is not likely to be. I have to go back to the drawing boards for other Indian cities that would be most accessible through Delhi. That list would have Bikaner, Varanasi, and Gwalior on it. It is possible that AR14 only had Phil connect in Delhi from somewhere north or west of India, but I doubt this. The rich Amazing Race episodes in India are legendary and I doubt they bypassed India if it was along the way.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »
Ooh, I think I'll enjoy seeing the teams in China!

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations and Spoiler Summary
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
pure spec. but

Leg 1: L.A to Locarno, Switzerland
Leg 2: Switzerland to Domodossola, Italy and Interlaken, Switzerland
Leg 3: Switzerland to Salzburg, Austria
Leg 4: Austria to Brasov/Bucharest, Romania
Legs 5/6: African Countries
Leg 7: Russia: Unsure of timeline?
Leg 8: Phuket
Leg 9: Bangkok
Leg 10: Guilin, China
Finale: Back to homesoil!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline MilkBB

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2008, 06:45:47 AM »
I am searching amazing race 14 while i was seeing this sentences in wikipedia.
People in australia have spotted racers in Sydney filming for the 14th season at the Sydney Opera House

Offline nbase41

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2008, 07:05:01 AM »
pure spec. but

Leg 1: L.A to Locarno, Switzerland
Leg 2: Switzerland to Domodossola, Italy and Interlaken, Switzerland
Leg 3: Switzerland to Salzburg, Austria
Leg 4: Austria to Brasov/Bucharest, Romania
Legs 5/6: African Countries
Leg 7: Russia: Unsure of timeline?
Leg 8: Phuket
Leg 9: Bangkok
Leg 10: Guilin, China
Finale: Back to homesoil!

I don't believe TAR has been to and I wish they would go to:  Cartagena, Colombia - Barbados/ any of the Lesser Antilles, Sri Lanka, Ghana, Suriname, East Timor......some of which might pose travel or security issues. Hey, maybe North Korea huh?

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2008, 07:32:24 AM »
Sri Lanka was in TAR 6. I remember them having to run a disclaimer/memorial for the episode because tsunami happened in between when they filmed and when the episode aired.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »
I am searching amazing race 14 while i was seeing this sentences in wikipedia.
People in australia have spotted racers in Sydney filming for the 14th season at the Sydney Opera House

:welcome: milkBB! We have all the Sydney sightings in the TAR Israel thread Here
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2008, 08:07:43 PM »
Phil in the news! (finally)

Metropolitan News-Enterprise

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Page

Anti-Defamation League Honors Two Attorneys

By a MetNews Staff Writer

The Anti-Defamation League will honor Los Angeles attorney Arthur N. Greenberg and Beverly Hills attorney Samuel Freshman at its annual dinner celebration Dec. 10, the organization has announced.

Greenberg, a founding partner of Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP, will receive the group’s Jurisprudence Award, while Freshman, a founding partner of the Beverly Hills real estate firm Freshman, Marantz, Orlanski, Cooper and Klein, will share the group’s Humanitarian Award with his wife, Ardyth Freshman.

The organization said yesterday that Greenburg, also the former president of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles County, was being honored for his activism and leadership in several national and local Jewish organizations.

Admitted to the State Bar in 1953, he attended college and law school at UCLA.

The group also said that Freshman and his wife were being honored for their initiation and underwriting of the ADL’s Bearing Witness program for the past six years in Los Angeles.

The program is a partnership with the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ Department of Catholic Schools that provides training to Catholic school teachers, seminarians and priests in order to teach about the history of anti-Semitism and the Holocaust.

Freshman attended college and law school at Stanford University, and was admitted to the State Bar in 1957.

The keynote speaker for the celebration, which will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills and begin at 6:30 p.m., will be University of California President Mark G. Yudof. Master of Ceremonies is Phil Keoghan, Emmy-winning host of television’s The Amazing Race.

Tickets for the event are available through the ADL website and are $450 per person. Proceeds help ADL projects combating bigotry, prejudice and anti-Semitism.

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2008/adl112508.htm

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2008, 06:08:01 AM »
You guys owe me a day on Patong Beach! :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »
oh BOY!!!

From a blog dated 11/25 but describing events that occured 11/21-23 as best as I can tell: Starts at Beijing airport!

Three airlines, twelve “customer service” representatives and multiple people yelling at each other in Mandarin later we found ourselves on an Air China flight back to Tokyo.  We’re still not sure why or what they were screaming but it seemed to be the norm for the airport.  That said, it was a lovely airport.

During this ordeal we couldn’t help but notice two groups of travelers flashing American passports being flanked by their own teams of cameramen looking a little too giddy to be at the airport in Beijing at 8am. Oddly enough, it seems that we found ourselves in the middle of  CBS’ “Amazing Race” with two teams on our flight.  Without giving too much away, I can assure you that all of the panic and suspense of the actual show comes from some really great editing.  On this particular day we found ourselves watching the double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair preen the entire time for the cameras.
M had to remind me a few times that something are better thought than said aloud and that when calling people “twits” and such it’s best to do it at a volume they can’t hear you.

Forthunately the flight itself wasn’t bad as a nap and bag of M&Ms calmed me down considerable after being cut in front of by the camera crew multiple times had me rather annoyed.

Still we had quite a ways to go and even bumped into the host Phil Keoghan as he waited for his flight to film the finale in Hawaii.  It’s important to note that the running, fighting and begging for seats that you see on TV didn’t really happen and oh yeah, Phil flies business class.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »
I was just about to post that one.
Bet they're glad not to be in Bangkok this week...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere