Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673293 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and maybe spoilers?
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:27 AM »
The only hits I got were for pumpkin seed oil, a famous product of Austria. Most towns have a Kurbisfest, but they're tame things--no pumpkin rot.

Great find, Michael/Mrs. Shrek!  :wohoo:  :yess:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »
This shot was taken here between 4:45 and 5:15 pm (assumes November 3rd).

(well, I'm talking about just the lower one)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17788.0;attach=110927;image
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:25:47 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »
And so it begins  :jumpy:  :yess:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2008, 02:23:36 AM »
We could extrapolate an approximate order of contestants from the blog.
3 cars are already at the castle when blogger arrives
assume that young pumpkin couple from earlier are one of these cars already here
car 4 is blonde lady and blue shirt
car 5 or 6 is females with sore leg

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2008, 10:39:13 AM »
Very little chance that this is our race but I might as well post it:

first of alllllll, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOLINE LIM JIAJING! haha i shall give you your angsana card likeeeeee, the next time i see you, which is likeeeee, um, heheh.

today's training was quite relaxed coz everyone was damn high? coz beatrice kept saying the word 'high'. like aim high, look high, throw high, jump high. then we became really really high. and nicole and i were the only ones who did a proper cooldown coz the rest were too high to function as per normal. and after trng i cheonged home to change and eat then went to Bishan to meet the throwers for Eugenia's surprise barbecue thing and they were half an hour late. and while waiting for them, i was approached by two groups of people doing some amazing race thing and an aunty who was selling pens.

Bishan is in Singapore right; I'm pretty sure they have their own race type thing.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
 :groan:  shameless product promotion..... looks like they got the cars for free!   :lol:

Daimler BlueTEC

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17788.0;attach=110928;image
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:26:20 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
 :funny:  Looks like a "musical theme" for the Salzburg leg of the next TAR season.  From the "Sound of Music" to who knows what in the birthplace city of Mozart.  Maybe Julie Andrews will be the pitstop greeter.   (:;) :knuckles: :groan: :res: :meow:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:44:51 AM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
:funny:  Looks like a "musical theme" for the Salzburg leg of the next TAR season.  From the "Sound of Music" to who knows what in the birthplace city of Mozart.  Maybe Julie Andrews will be the pitstop greeter.   (:;) :knuckles: :groan: :res: :meow:

I am holding out for the SALT MINES myself--I remember having a blast doing those!

The funicular ride to the top of the fort could be good too...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
wow, this is so cool! i was in salzburg 3 years ago - was in those gardens in the photo above (the Mirabell gardens) and Hellbrunn myself! The Mirabell gardens have these cool dwarves scattered all round - might there be a task having to identify a particular one of these? Maybe they have a Travelocity "dwarf" instead of a "gnome"!

Mirabellgarten (Mirabell Garden)
Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi'.
Mirabell Gardens, Dwarf Gardens
Schloß Mirabell   

Prince Archbishop Johann Ernst Graf von Thun (1687 - 1709) had the famous Mirabell Gardens remodelled in 1690 according to plans by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach. They were redesigned around 1730 by Franz Anton Danreiter. 

The Pegasus, designed by Kaspar Gras from Innsbruck (1661), was placed here in 1913 after having stood on Chapter Square, Mirabell Square, Makart Square and even in a museum (under a staircase). The 4 groups of figures around the fountain were sculpted by Ottavio Mosto (1690) and symbolize the 4 elements: Fire (Aeneas' flight from Troy), Air (Hercules' battle with Antaeus), Earth (Pluto, lord of the Underworld abducting Zeus' daughter Persephone) and Water (Paris carrying off Helen, precipitating the Trojan War).

The mythical figures on the balustrade are the work of Bartholomäus van Opstal and Johann Fröhlich. The copies of the famous "Borghese Fencer" are attributed to Andreas Götzinger (the inner pair) and Michael Bernhard Mandl (the outer, artistically more valuable pair). The pedestals bear the coat of arms of Salzburg's Archbishop Johann Ernst Graf Thun (1687 - 1709). The elaborately decorated vases on the balustrade were built after plans by Fischer von Erlach.

The Heckentheater (Hedge Theater) is located on the west side of the Gardens. Built between 1704 and 1718, it is one of the oldest hedge theaters north of the Alps.

The Zwerglgarten (Dwarf Garden) dates back to Archbishop Franz Anton Graf Harrach, who had a dwarf theater with 28 dwarves set up southwest of the palace. Unfortunately, nothing is known of the creator of these "mysterious figures". These pitiful, misshapen beings, attached to almost all of the Baroque European courts for entertainment purposes, were highly respected and well-treated because of their integrity and loyalty. The dwarves in the Mirabell Gardens, made of Untersberg marble, are representative of these grotesque characters.   

In concern for his wife and their unborn child, Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria had the disfigured creatures with their goitres and hunchbacks removed from the Dwarf Garden (they were to be destroyed). Fortunately, they were only auctioned off and the dwarves were forgotten for over one hundred years. Not until 1921 did the Salzburg Society for the Preservation of Local Amenities recall this part of Salzburg's cultural heritage to mind and convince the city councillors to place the nine dwarves then in the city's possession in their historical positions. Today the carefully restored dwarves are set up in the Bastion Garden and the hope remains that all of the dwarves still preserved will be retrieved and reunited in their historically innate location.

In 1854 Emperor Franz Joseph opened the Mirabell Gardens to the public. It has remained a jewel of horticultural architecture to this day.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
..and the blood and gore on the racers makes me wonder if they did something at the macabre but beautiful st. peter's cemetery and catacombs.. (i was told the scenes from the movie were not filmed there but on a hollywood set though!)

St. Peter's Cemetery
St. Peter's Cemetery with its unique backdrop is one of the oldest and most charming cemeteries in the world. It serves as the final resting place for many notable personalities, artists, scholars and merchants.
Catacombs
The so-called "catacombs" hewn out of the Mönchsberg rock are one of the special attractions at St. Peter's Cemetery (open all year) and probably of early Christian origin. St. Gertrude's Chapel and the Maximus Chapel are especially worth seeing.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations and Spoiler Summary
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »
So let's see if I've got the timing right (adding to above):
Oct 31 - Leave US (maybe SFO) - via Frankfurt/Zurich or Milan - to Locarno, Switzerland
Nov 1- 2: tasks around Locarno, drive to Salzburg
Nov 3: Tasks around Salzburg (Mirabell Gardens/St. Peter's Cemetery/Schloss Hellbrunn), drive to Munich
Nov 4: Fly from Munich to Bucharest (racers seen on direct flight, but others maybe via VIE or FRA)
Nov 5: Tasks around Brasov, Romania.
This is so weird, it's almost real time!

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »
Very little chance that this is our race but I might as well post it:

Bishan is in Singapore right; I'm pretty sure they have their own race type thing.

yeah there are a whole heap of copy cat races that are run thru groups and schools all over Asia, so this is most likely one of them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »
And most likely Vietnam belongs to TAR Israel as the dates are wrong for us....  darn it all! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
I am holding out for the SALT MINES myself--I remember having a blast doing those!

The funicular ride to the top of the fort could be good too...

The salt mines would be awesome - Hallstatt is one of the most gorgeous places I have seen! And the skull church is bizarre too. But I wonder if they would have time to drive there, do the tasks, and drive to Munich to catch that flight on the 4th? It's possible but real tight.  The cable car up to Untersberg near Hellbrunn does seem more likely..

Here's a link to the salt mines and the skull church at Hallstatt: http://www.globosapiens.net/travel-information/Hallstatt-1096.html
Quote" Today, one can visit the salt mine from mid-April to mid-September, assisted by a modern tram that whisks you up the side of the mountain. The tour includes donning miner's clothes, hurtling down two long wooden slides, hiking through rocky tunnels, and even riding a little train. In-between these thrills, they throw in enough history to leave you marveling at this extraordinary place."
Sounds tailor-made for TAR, doesn't it? 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:14:54 PM by sunnyca »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
 :lol:  Did a quick check of the license plate on the white Mercedes the blogger photographed as a TAR car in Salzburg (Austria).  It appears to be a German license plate.  Note the font, the Euro blue, the similar graphics consistent with a German plate.  So if it's not Swiss, and not Austrian, did they drive it all the way from Germany?   :angel:  How does this figure into the flight schedules?   :umn:  Or did they ship these cars in from Germany just for the product promotion.  So many questions....  :funny:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17788.0;attach=110931;image
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:49:40 PM by puddin »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations and Spoiler Summary
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2008, 05:32:29 PM »
So let's see if I've got the timing right (adding to above):
Oct 31 - Leave US (maybe SFO) - via Frankfurt/Zurich or Milan - to Locarno, Switzerland
Nov 1- 2: tasks around Locarno, drive to Salzburg
Nov 3: Tasks around Salzburg (Mirabell Gardens/St. Peter's Cemetery/Schloss Hellbrunn), drive to Munich
Nov 4: Fly from Munich to Bucharest (racers seen on direct flight, but others maybe via VIE or FRA)
Nov 5: Tasks around Brasov, Romania.
This is so weird, it's almost real time!

I'll bet by the time the teams get to Brasov, one or maybe two teams are already out of the Race.  So nine or ten teams are in Romania.

Belle Book

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
:lol:  Did a quick check of the license plate on the white Mercedes the blogger photographed as a TAR car in Salzburg (Austria).  It appears to be a German license plate.  Note the font, the Euro blue, the similar graphics consistent with a German plate.  So if it's not Swiss, and not Austrian, did they drive it all the way from Germany?   :angel:  How does this figure into the flight schedules?   :umn:  Or did they ship these cars in from Germany just for the product promotion.  So many questions....  :funny:

That car was registered in Stuttgart, which is where the Mercedes factory is located. So that ties in with them being a sponsor product. It is quite common to put a bunch of cars on a truck and transport them from A to B in Europe. I would assume they will just pick the cars up and take them back to Stuttgart again on a truck when they are finished - it's only about 125 miles  from Munich - so only an hour or two drive on the autobahn

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »
tar 14 started in los alamitos, california at the military base 100% correct my friends dad works at the military base

posted by future contestant. Post 20 in the Survivor Sucks TAR14 Spoiler Thread. Could be total bull but thought I would post it!  :duno:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
tar 14 started in los alamitos, california at the military base 100% correct my friends dad works at the military base

posted by future contestant. Post 20 in the Survivor Sucks TAR14 Spoiler Thread. Could be total bull but thought I would post it!  :duno:
I was just coming to post the link, I believe it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »
Let us assume that Los Alamitos was the starting point. Since I consider it unlikely for the U.S. military to transport Amazing Race 14 teams all the way to Europe, the logical conclusion you can draw is that they were taken by car or helicopter to the closest airport, which is John Wayne in Orange County. Alternatives are LAX and San Diego.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:36:26 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:20 PM »
The Amazing Race 7 used military helicopters to transport the teams to Long Beach from a military base who's name escapes me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »
Uh Duh to me ..

posted here
Rob
RFF Administrator
      TAR 7 Spoiler - Submitted on the News site!
« on: October 28, 2004, 08:58:47 PM » Modify Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was submitted on the news site, and thought that the forum would be a better place! This is about TAR 7, NOT the Race that is starting in November:

The race will start at Edwards AFB in California. I heard from a friend who works there the show is working with Public Affairs from the base. The taping should be near the end of November.   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
Yippee!! :hearts:

Presents from our Salzburg blogger!

Yes, it was November 3. Whoever guessed the time of 4:45-5:15 was just about spot on. It was indeed a Pitstop because we could see through a side gate the check-in mat, a greeter dressed as Mozart (I'm assuming a man), and Phil. Phil was dressed in jacket, hat, and gloves and looked cold. It was chilly that night but it was a good chilly!

The exact location of the Pitstop was just inside the inner courtyard on the left-hand side. In the Forum Hellbrun overview photo, you see four photo icons/squares in a line across the courtyard when you enter it from the long entry road. The Pitstop was located between the first and second icons on the left.

I'm including two more photos of the team of two women. Not very good ones, but then again, your photo people might have some fun. Finally, there's a photo of the cars the next morning. My wife went jogging out to Hellbrunn at about 6:30am. She said that they'd closed up shop, so it looks like there were no day-late stragglers like there sometimes are (which must drive them insane).

What else? I overheard camera/sound folks expressing frustrations about their teams not having a clue but nothing very specific. It seems after teams check in, their camera/sound folks are done for the day. At different times, crews climbed into a black van and were whisked off into the Hellbrunn grounds, I'm assuming to wherever there was a buffet for staff since it was dinner time, but I have no proof of that.

All the best and good luck with your research!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
 :hearts: :jumpy:
yay
thanks peach!

I'm guessing that the F/F team is not the last team, because there are still three F/F teams left in Romania, and I doubt TAR casted FOUR F/F teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
And some more :jumpy:

No photo of Phil, sorry! I could've been a punk and whipped out my camera while the man guarding the gate was telling me all about what was going on, but I didn't have the nerve.

The Pitstop pinpointing is good. 
   (I sent Chateau's pic for confirmation--peach)

Regarding the gory slime: at first, I thought they'd been involved in a Halloween event even though it was Nov. 3. Halloween is celebrated here but not like it is at home. They sell some "Scream" masks in the stores--that's about it. Anyway, my wife guessed that they could've been taking part in some local custom, maybe something with beer brewing or cheese making. BUT the woman in the car I first saw as well as the older man and woman whom we saw at Hellbrunn had the stuff on them in places you'd figure you would clean up right away, like on your face. It's almost as if they were made up like that and were expected to leave it on. But again, I have no proof. There was some slime on one of the cars that I passed by. I should've taken a sample! By the way, the team of two women appeared to have no slime on them whatsoever which would imply they had a choice in a previous activity. A Detour?

As I thought more about it today, I do remember a crew member saying something about climbing a mountain earlier in the day. Something how his team person saw arrows pointing downward, but she thought it was a trick, so she went back up the mountain. Again, that was a fleeting conversation and I may be messing up the details.
RFF's Golden Rule: