Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 673320 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation and Sightings!
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
New Blog.........

Sunday, November 16, 2008
I love it here
This place is amazing.

Ok. I had always heard that and went "yeah yeah it's probably ok", but it really is a great place.

Beautiful view, cool people and great food.

Oh yeah, plus I was drinking $3 Long Island Iced Teas last night.

I am in the hotel internet, so it is kind of expensive and I don't want to be long.

Exciting news- on my domestic flight going Bangkok- Phuket, the Amazing Race contestents caught the same flight. And as I expected it's all a shame. Camera crews set up and take multiple shots of them running to the ticket counter, and then they got off the plane and ran down the stairs, only to get held up by customs. Stupid f'cking Americans.

Ahh they were wankers. They yelled at the Air stewardess because their large cameras didn't fit in the overhead lockers, they walked around the plane the whole flight to be sure no one was filming them and they were the biggest bunch of knobs.

But hey what do you really expect from American reality shows??

Hope everything is good back in Brisbane...

Peace.

eta: posted at 10:15 AM

Our Aussie blogger has been kind enough to share some more info with us--  :ty3: !!

I asked was it production or the teams who were being jerks, :lol:

(bolds are mine)

And I must admit it wasnt so much the contestants who were jerks, more the production crew. I spoke to one of the contestants, an asian looking man with his girlfriend.

Nice guy.

Also two older men.

The camera guys and production bothered me though, they seemed very pretentious, roaming around the plane like they owned it. As an Australian I do not appreciate this, as i believe everyone is the same, regardless of their fame, wealth, etc.

They all had a picture of a monkey and were looking for that.

our flight details were:

15/nov
Bangkok- phuket
thai airways
flight TG203- 0730

Sorry no pictures the camera crew acted like body guards.

Yes they did do multiple takes, one funny incedent was when we arrived all the teams ran, just to be held up by crowds and customs..that made me laugh.

hope this helps,
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »
Fantastic peach! Thanks you Aussie Blogger  :waves:

"They all had a picture of a monkey and were looking for that." :lol:  :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »
maybe they're looking for the monkey cave (Suwankuha Temple)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
" I think this monkey likes me!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Monkeys, huh? :lol:

A quick Google gives us multiple choices:

Monkey Beach: http://www.phuket.as/monkeybeach.php

Monkey training Schoolhttp://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31498988

Monkey Show at the zoo (please lord no):http://www.flixya.com/video/568356/Phuket_Monkey_Show#

Gibbon Rehab center (better): http://phuket.sawadee.com/grc.htm

Monkey Hill

Please TAR, no trained monkey shows?  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
Why did I just know monkeys were going to be a bad idea? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »
Nothing more... descriptive? 'Cause if that's all the teams had they'd be running around in all directions! (Like we are...)

Would it be a statue or something? (I know, I know, girl on a swing in Auckland...)

Found this in Phuket and this in Krabi town...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:28 AM »
I'm asking, I'm asking! :groan: :pull :lol:

This is nice though: http://www.hasekamp.net/gibbon.htm although I doubt they would go there.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »
Well think of it this way, if it's only a picture they have to go by then it's obviously going to be a very distinct looking monkey. They aren't just going to give them a picture of a common monkey and tell them to find it, especially in a place with so many monkies.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
I am hoping the race will come to one of the Pacific Island countries like Fiji or Palau.  If anyone hears anything please say so. ;)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Locations and Spoiler Summary
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2008, 12:21:27 PM »
I am guessing the race could end anytime between the 20th and the 25th of this month and 11 to 12 legs might be possible if the 14th season began on October 31st and ended before the Thanksgiving holiday. ;)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »
Nothing more... descriptive? 'Cause if that's all the teams had they'd be running around in all directions! (Like we are...)

Would it be a statue or something? (I know, I know, girl on a swing in Auckland...)

Found this in Phuket and this in Krabi town...

Neobie, I thought of Krabi also, but I rejected it as a possibility for AR14. First, the flight was into Phuket, not Krabi. Krabi has its own airport, with Thai Airways daily direct flights from Bangkok, Air Asia from Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur and Tiger Airways direct from Singapore and Darwin. It is about 100 km from Phuket to Krabi, so that would be a long distance to go to somewhere that you can fly into. AR1 went to Krabi, which was the jumping off point for scaling "The King". That does not prevent it from being used again, but I doubt that it was in AR14.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
I'm asking, I'm asking! :groan: :pull :lol:

Please ask him "Did you see or touch any monkeys?" :monkey
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:53:05 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
From TWoP!
 http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2667921&view=findpost&p=11051412

Thanks to ChristineC
 Just Tuned In

While waiting at the Delhi airport on Thursday night Nov.13, I spotted Phil sitting by himself at our boarding area.
He was on his way to Bangkok, but said he was scouting a location in Delhi.
We talked about the show, his career and family, and he asked us what we were doing in Delhi.
Told him we are real fans and he thanked us for that.
I was very impressed with how friendly he was. Got two great pictures with him.
We talked for about ten minutes, but his flight was leaving, so he had to return to his boarding area.
What a nice guy !!!!
Lucky ME !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:44:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
Wow, that tells us that Bangkok or something near it is probably the leg before Phuket. If Phil was in Delhi airport the evening of  Nov. 13, then he had a pitstop start somewhere earlier on Nov. 13. He would arrive in Bangkok Nov. 14, which is too soon by almost 2 days to be in Phuket. I am going to guess that he was coming in from somewhere in Asia, probably somewhere in India. The largest metro area that has not been on Amazing Race is Bangalore.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
It looks like Phil was waiting to catch either

Indian Airlines IC 857 leaving DEL at 12:05 am (on November 14th) and arriving in Bangkok at 5:30 am

or

Thai Airways International TG 316 leaving DEL at 12:05 am (on November 14th) and arriving in Bangkok at 5:35 am
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
From TWoP!
 http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2667921&view=findpost&p=11051412

Thanks to ChristineC
 Just Tuned In

While waiting at the Delhi airport on Thursday night Nov.13, I spotted Phil sitting by himself at our boarding area.
He was on his way to Bangkok, but said he was scouting a location in Delhi.
We talked about the show, his career and family, and he asked us what we were doing in Delhi.
Told him we are real fans and he thanked us for that.
I was very impressed with how friendly he was. Got two great pictures with him.
We talked for about ten minutes, but his flight was leaving, so he had to return to his boarding area.
What a nice guy !!!!
Lucky ME !!!!!!!

A Phil sighting! Nice!! Thanks peach and thanks to ChristineC :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »
Remember that we had a rumor of them going on into Russia?? He could be connecting from there, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
Remember that we had a rumor of them going on into Russia?? He could be connecting from there, right?
Romania, if details are correct, they spent 3 days there so Nov 5 6 7 then off to Russia.  Gosh looking at a map and there are so many options. How about Turkmenistan?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
New Blog.........

Sunday, November 16, 2008
I love it here
This place is amazing.

Ok. I had always heard that and went "yeah yeah it's probably ok", but it really is a great place.

Beautiful view, cool people and great food.

Oh yeah, plus I was drinking $3 Long Island Iced Teas last night.

I am in the hotel internet, so it is kind of expensive and I don't want to be long.

Exciting news- on my domestic flight going Bangkok- Phuket, the Amazing Race contestents caught the same flight. And as I expected it's all a shame. Camera crews set up and take multiple shots of them running to the ticket counter, and then they got off the plane and ran down the stairs, only to get held up by customs. Stupid f'cking Americans.

Ahh they were wankers. They yelled at the Air stewardess because their large cameras didn't fit in the overhead lockers, they walked around the plane the whole flight to be sure no one was filming them and they were the biggest bunch of knobs.

But hey what do you really expect from American reality shows??

Hope everything is good back in Brisbane...

Peace.

eta: posted at 10:15 AM

Our Aussie blogger has been kind enough to share some more info with us--  :ty3: !!

I asked was it production or the teams who were being jerks, :lol:

(bolds are mine)

And I must admit it wasnt so much the contestants who were jerks, more the production crew. I spoke to one of the contestants, an asian looking man with his girlfriend.

Nice guy.

Also two older men.

The camera guys and production bothered me though, they seemed very pretentious, roaming around the plane like they owned it. As an Australian I do not appreciate this, as i believe everyone is the same, regardless of their fame, wealth, etc.

They all had a picture of a monkey and were looking for that.

our flight details were:

15/nov
Bangkok- phuket
thai airways
flight TG203- 0730

Sorry no pictures the camera crew acted like body guards.

Yes they did do multiple takes, one funny incedent was when we arrived all the teams ran, just to be held up by crowds and customs..that made me laugh.

hope this helps,

Okay, so I know the Asian couple makes it to Phuket at least.  Maybe they'll make the finals and even win!  I sure hope so -- I was so disappointed when Ron & Christina came in second last season!

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2008, 08:02:28 AM »
For those interested in viewing Phuket from a culinary and travel perspective, Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods is reprising his Phuket show today at 5pm to 6pm EST on the Travel Channel.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »

I don't think they're going to skip Africa again. Also, they haven't done the Africa-Asia connection since TAR 7 (or TAR10 going in the reverse), so I think the somewheres are in Asia could be in Africa instead. We haven't done North Africa in ages - maybe Tunisia or (if they're really adventurous) Libya.

Unless things have significantly changed in the last 3-6 months, Libya would be off the list because it's very difficult  for an American to get the right visa to get in there to film.   When they filmed Long Way Down going through there not too long ago, their two American crew members could not get permission to enter the country despite months of trying, and they had to skip from Tunisia to Egypt instead of staying with the mostly English/EU team. Which is a shame because it looked like a beautiful place. 

Even if the visa process has been streamlined to some degree, getting every single visa needed for 4-11 teams, plus film crews plus other production crew members in what's usually a pretty tight time frame after casting would probably be impossible at this point.

Kenya's also kind of iffy to make a tv show in right now because of recent ethnic violence.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2008, 01:00:38 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF selkie!! Great info, thanks for sharing! :waves:

(And the Celt in me loves your name!)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum selkie :hithere:

Catching up on "Destination Unknown"
• Maggie's Dubai Adventure
• Russ in Athens
• Russ enjoys Greek food -- in Greece!
• Julie in Paris

The only one that has not had a destination is Harry Smith I guess? So with that I'll guess we should keep our eyes on the Early Show next week for Phil's return? to perhaps wrap up the series.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2008, 08:36:27 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!

As for the screen name, I was a swim team kid growing up, and always seemed to do better in water. I'm a total klutz on land.