Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674608 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1400 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »
I actually have no clue as to who goes in 4th. I almost sense that Mark/Mike are next to go, but for 4th:

Tammy/Victor could be U-Turned for being a threat next leg and end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.
Jaime/Cara could end up having more language issues and end up in 4th.
Kisha/Jen could make a Bangkok-like fatal mistake and end up in 4th.
Margie/Luke could produce more conflict and get U-Turned, end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.

Since Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke were spotted on the same plane, I'm assuming that neither one winds up in fourth.  I think it's between Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and possibly getting further bad luck in Beijing or LaKisha & Jen making a fatal mistake for the fourth place position.  Since Tammy & Victor were spotted in the same area (at least) as Phil and the executive producer, I'm going with Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and maybe having further bad luck, leaving LaKisha & Jen to be in the Final 3.

Belle Book
Unless the three-team pileup on the mat is third through fifth place, and Tammy & Victor are last (which would also explain the title of the next episode -- their parents probably would be unhappy about them being eliminated in the country of their ancestry).  Of course, that would mean Mark & Michael catch up again somehow, probably through a bunch-up.  And supposedly, they had no chance of doing so (though it hasn't been confirmed that everyone arrived FAR ahead of them, and I'm still waiting for it to be confirmed, since there was more than likely a chance for them to catch up if the flights were in the middle of the night).
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1401 on: April 15, 2009, 07:34:58 PM »
Possible, but highly unlikely Ashe, for the simple reason that the eliminated team hasn't said the title in any episode that I remember.  Has any eliminated team said the quote that became the title in any season?

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1402 on: April 15, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Possible, but highly unlikely Ashe, for the simple reason that the eliminated team hasn't said the title in any episode that I remember.  Has any eliminated team said the quote that became the title in any season?

Belle Book

you decide 
a few examples.....
'Bees Are Much Calmer Than All This!'
"I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?"
http://epguides.com/AmazingRace/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:52:06 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1403 on: April 15, 2009, 09:44:31 PM »
I actually have no clue as to who goes in 4th. I almost sense that Mark/Mike are next to go, but for 4th:

Tammy/Victor could be U-Turned for being a threat next leg and end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.
Jaime/Cara could end up having more language issues and end up in 4th.
Kisha/Jen could make a Bangkok-like fatal mistake and end up in 4th.
Margie/Luke could produce more conflict and get U-Turned, end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.

Since Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke were spotted on the same plane, I'm assuming that neither one winds up in fourth.  I think it's between Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and possibly getting further bad luck in Beijing or LaKisha & Jen making a fatal mistake for the fourth place position.  Since Tammy & Victor were spotted in the same area (at least) as Phil and the executive producer, I'm going with Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and maybe having further bad luck, leaving LaKisha & Jen to be in the Final 3.

Belle Book
Unless the three-team pileup on the mat is third through fifth place, and Tammy & Victor are last (which would also explain the title of the next episode -- their parents probably would be unhappy about them being eliminated in the country of their ancestry).  Of course, that would mean Mark & Michael catch up again somehow, probably through a bunch-up.  And supposedly, they had no chance of doing so (though it hasn't been confirmed that everyone arrived FAR ahead of them, and I'm still waiting for it to be confirmed, since there was more than likely a chance for them to catch up if the flights were in the middle of the night).

No such luck, Ashe. All teams except Mark/Michael should be  on the morning flight through Macau and arrive that afternoon, then complete their tasks before Mark/Michael ever arrive in Guilin. Their only serious hope is for a second NEL leg, but they would still be so far behind that they should not be able to catch the other teams in Beijing in the remote possibility that it does happen.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1404 on: April 16, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »
SPECULATION!!

The way I see it, M/M are eliminated in the next episode, # 9.  M/M don't make the same flight as everyone else due to the 3 hour penalty that has been added to the release time.  I think they are so far behind that they aren't even given a chance to do the speed bump.  That gives the show more time to concentrate on the mat meltdown.  I think J/C may arrive first at the mat this time.  According to what I have read here, the mat meltdown appears to be very long.  Since you only see K/J, M/L and T/V, I am going to assume that J/C have already checked in and "left". Since dancing or some kind of routine is apparently involved, J/C should have an edge.  M/L will finally arrive something beside 1st or 4th.  No guess as to which though.

Episode 10 and 11 are both in Beijing.  So possibly 10 is a continuation, i.e. no elimination.  However, either a U-turn or something else happens in 10 or 11 to cause T/V to fall so far behind that they are eliminated in episode 11.  If it is a U-turn, since K/J would probably U-turn M/L, it must be J/C that U-turns T/V since at this moment T/V are the strongest team.

T/V being eliminated is purely based on them being on the same plane as Phil and BVM.  I don't see how they would be allowed to travel on the same plane.  Phil needs to get there ahead of the other teams to do his set up.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1405 on: April 16, 2009, 12:31:10 AM »
SPECULATION!!

The way I see it, M/M are eliminated in the next episode, # 9.  M/M don't make the same flight as everyone else due to the 3 hour penalty that has been added to the release time.  I think they are so far behind that they aren't even given a chance to do the speed bump.  That gives the show more time to concentrate on the mat meltdown.  I think J/C may arrive first at the mat this time.  According to what I have read here, the mat meltdown appears to be very long.  Since you only see K/J, M/L and T/V, I am going to assume that J/C have already checked in and "left". Since dancing or some kind of routine is apparently involved, J/C should have an edge.  M/L will finally arrive something beside 1st or 4th.  No guess as to which though.

Episode 10 and 11 are both in Beijing.  So possibly 10 is a continuation, i.e. no elimination.  However, either a U-turn or something else happens in 10 or 11 to cause T/V to fall so far behind that they are eliminated in episode 11.  If it is a U-turn, since K/J would probably U-turn M/L, it must be J/C that U-turns T/V since at this moment T/V are the strongest team.

T/V being eliminated is purely based on them being on the same plane as Phil and BVM.  I don't see how they would be allowed to travel on the same plane.  Phil needs to get there ahead of the other teams to do his set up.

It sounds plausible, but Jaime/Cara could very well end up 4th. I mean, they may do well at the dance, but the locals they may have major issues with, per preview.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1406 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:23 AM »
SPECULATION!!

It sounds plausible, but Jaime/Cara could very well end up 4th. I mean, they may do well at the dance, but the locals they may have major issues with, per preview.

I considered that.  However, the clues imply that Jaime gets frustrated with the dancing judge not understanding her question.  Other than that, they should do well with a dance routine.  We already know from the Romania episode that most of the others lack the ability to learn a routine quickly and/or are handicapped with a lack of physical co-ordination.  Of course, the dance activity may be a detour and the others do something else.

Or J/C could be soooo far behind at 4th, that the mat meltdown is over with before they arrive.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1407 on: April 16, 2009, 12:58:09 AM »
SPECULATION!!

I considered that.  However, the clues imply that Jaime gets frustrated with the dancing judge not understanding her question.  Other than that, they should do well with a dance routine.  We already know from the Romania episode that most of the others lack the ability to learn a routine quickly and/or are handicapped with a lack of physical co-ordination.  Of course, the dance activity may be a detour and the others do something else.

Or J/C could be soooo far behind at 4th, that the mat meltdown is over with before they arrive.

Ya, they can do well with the routine. But the taxis are an issue. I do feel that they're no way in danger, so I don't care much if they're 1st or 4th.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1408 on: April 16, 2009, 06:58:59 AM »
I say this to all speculating recently in this thread on the absolute positions of teams: "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" This was an important question im medieval times.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:15:54 AM by apskip »

DavidJunior

« Reply #1409 on: April 16, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »
i was just thinking:

a possibility for how T/V could get u-turned

M/L make it to the u-turn first, but can't do anything since they already used theirs

that leaves either K/J or C/J using it on T/V

i think K/J would much rather u-turn T/V than C/J, since they are a stronger team

and the same with C/J

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1410 on: April 16, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
...or they could have bunching to start the second Beijing leg (think the Russian sub last season or Umeda Sky Building in TAR 12). T/V fall behind due to fighting like in Romania (was there a reason for the flashback to ep.3 this past episode?) and are last. This could make the U-Turn on Leg 10, since TPTB like putting at least one hindrance on an NEL most seasons, particularly at F4.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #1411 on: April 16, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »
Just speculating:

Maybe Tammy & Victor will "do a Dallas"? :funny: :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1412 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
Hey! I think Tammy and Victor will be one of the last three teams out of China. If any of you don't know, Victor speaks really good Mandarin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzlaL79NcI&feature=channel_page

This is just a speculation :)

Cheers!

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1413 on: April 16, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »
Also, sorry for a second post, the possibility of a U-Turn in the next leg is great, seeing that M/M has a GREAT disadvantage should there not be one. Maybe C/J gets the U-turn and are the decoys?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:14:11 PM by jovian_w2002 »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1414 on: April 16, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »
Also, sorry for a second post, the possibility of a U-Turn in the next leg is great, seeing that M/M has a GREAT disadvantage should there not be one. Maybe C/J gets the U-turn and are sent home?

Just in case you don't know Jovian, they pre-determine the U-turn.  And Cara and Jaime were seen on a flight to Hawaii with Margie and Luke.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:17:43 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1415 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
Also, sorry for a second post, the possibility of a U-Turn in the next leg is great, seeing that M/M has a GREAT disadvantage should there not be one. Maybe C/J gets the U-turn and are the decoys?

Also, jovian_w2002, a U-Turn has an impact of about 30 minutes. Mark/Micahel need a much larger chunk of time.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)
« Reply #1416 on: April 19, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »
Well as Shakespeare said......."Much ado about nothing." CBS played it way more than it actually was to me. I sat there tryingto figure out which poor, discriminted minority was whining the most.

TAR13 and TAR14 have had the same type Mother/Son team, but they are polar opposites to me. Both have missin, unknown fathers, but radically different approaches to parenting. Toni apparently taught Dallas how to play well with others. I don't remember hearing them whine or complain at all. I also don't remember them being deceitful one time. Margie/Luke are constantly using the poor pitiful us overcoming great discrimination and persecution because Luke is deaf and had been picked on his whole life. Luke walking away from the mat in a tantrum just cemented this to me. "I am just going to take my handicap and leave."

As to the Jen/Luke confrontation, just looked like a lot of that generation these days. Both assume they are entitled to "their" way and damned to anyone else.
Matthew 7:15

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1417 on: April 19, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »
FINALLY! Bird's Nest Stadium!! And a swimming "Olympic" challenge!! :hearts:

But poor Jen....   :'(

karma karma karma for her

agreed - really not feeling pity for her here

same here,,,
they should not have laugh at Luke....
now Luke and Margie are gonna laugh at them....  :neener:

LOL
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1418 on: April 19, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
Hi I'm new here.

I agree that karma strikes back for K/J. Also, I think that K/J were not laughing at Luke. She smiles everywhere. Yeah...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1419 on: April 19, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
Karma this and karma that. I guess many of you seem to forget that this all started in last episode when Margie/Luke told their taxi cab driver to LIE to Kisha/Jen's taxi driver.
Matthew 7:15

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1420 on: April 19, 2009, 11:47:50 PM »
Hi I'm new here.

I agree that karma strikes back for K/J. Also, I think that K/J were not laughing at Luke. She smiles everywhere. Yeah...

Karma is really ready to get back at Jen in EP10!  EP9 quite clearly shows Jen say that this far into the race she is getting competitive and something about "if she sees someone in front of her, she is going to knock them over".  Then later on, after the smackdowns, in reference to M/L, something "pissing them off more, cause I will laugh in their face".  Very unChristian attitude on Jen's part.  I know this is a race, but.....

Luke is not an angel in EP9 either.  He is clearly is ready for payback and gets out of control.  However, you can clearly see how mad he is at the mat.  His face is so red!   He has been a little whiny here and there, but he has certainly carried his weight in the tasks.

My reading of the action at the first clue box is that Jen lived up to her promise to "knock them over".  Luke leaned over the clue box to open it and Jen ran into him, then got upset when Luke tried to fend her off.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1421 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:01 AM »
Getting off episode nine, which is now over, I found a few interesting tidbit from coolboy66 on Sucks:

My friend, Caryn Bland, she works at a airport in Hawaii.

She said she saw Kisha and Jen there a few months ago. I made her watch the show with me tonight and she said she recognized them.

So 4th place-Tammy/Victor??

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/sreply/4316465/t/TAR-14-Spoiler-Thread.html

Neobie, puddin, georgiapeach, make of it what you will.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1422 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:27 AM »
Again, doesn't mean a thing at this point. I do remember in an interview that Preston & Jennifer did saying he was joking with Kisha & Jen at Elimination Station about the time it took him to do the bungy jump. Now, Preston's memory could be sketchy on when that joking took place, but until I hear otherwise, I'm thinking Kisha & Jen are out next.
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1423 on: April 20, 2009, 07:30:32 AM »
Getting off episode nine, which is now over, I found a few interesting tidbit from coolboy66 on Sucks:

She said she saw Kisha and Jen there a few months ago. I made her watch the show with me tonight and she said she recognized them.

Don't all teams arrive at Hawaii too?  :lol: How on earth would the eliminated teams go to the finish line?  :lol: It's still vague until the penultimate episode gets aired.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:44:48 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1424 on: April 20, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »

maybe just running as decoys...