Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 676517 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1375 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
Speculation:

Cheerleaders suffer Taxi problem in china and eliminated at 5th, M/M survive!
Magrie Luke lost alli and were U-turned and eliminated at 4th!

LOL, Then F3 will be Brothers & Sisters, Sisters Win  :sucks[Kisha Jen Tammy], Brothers Lose  :meow:[Victor, M/M]  :umn:

I am trying to go against the spoilers we have right now :P
Wow.  That'd be a . . . really awful F3, because it'd be too damn obvious Tammy & Victor would win.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1376 on: April 13, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
We were flying on an Air China/ANA code share from Beijing to Tokyo on the 21st of November, flight later ID’d as CA925/NH5702 0930-1350.

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke).  

Once we got on the plane, ...... I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team.

So, which is the "other team fighting"? Is it Kisha/Jen or Tammy/Victor?

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line. I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by, to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall.  
The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawaii, at the same basic times, it just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

So this is MY SPECULATION only and only MINE.

Margie/Luke, Jamie/Cara and Kisha/Jen for Final 3 and Tammy/Victor for a decoy team.

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR. Four years of NCAA sports conditioning  and stamina is starting to show through. If K/J stop making mental mistakes and it is close at the finish line, I can certainly see them outrunning J/C. They might not outrun Luke, but THEY only have to outrun Margie.

(Puddin and Peach: Did I make that clear enough?)

(Edited spelling, grammar, and a brain fart. Added to conclusion)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:00:42 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1377 on: April 13, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »

Margie/Luke, Jamie/Cara and Kisha/Jen for Final 3 and Tammy/Victor for a decoy team.

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR.

Yep.  I think this is it, too.  If this ends up being the second time two women's teams make the F3, I'll have a complete orgasm that'll be heard from miles away.  An orgasm to end all orgasms.

Plus, with the upcoming Margie & Luke/Kisha & Jen feud, it seems likely their teams do make the F3.  So it'll be interesting to see if that does indeed come to fruition.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1378 on: April 13, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
We were flying on an Air China/ANA code share from Beijing to Tokyo on the 21st of November, flight later ID’d as CA925/NH5702 0930-1350.

At the terminal we discovered we had ended up on the same flight as the cheerleaders (Cara/Jaime) and the Mom/son (Margie/Luke).  

Once we got on the plane, ...... I don't honestly remember much else aside from the fact that the cheerleaders were glad another team was fighting and said as much to the Mom/son team.

We then came across Phil at the JAL transfer desk in Tokyo. He was actually traveling with Tammy/Victor and BVM. insert: They were ahead of us in line. I do recall Victor was very nice to the crew and was trying to get the crew members window seats to sleep by, to their next destination...Honolulu. They did film them at the counter if I recall.  
The crew and such traveling with Phil/BVM/Tammy/Victor were considerably nicer than the ones on her flight

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawii, at the same basic times, just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

What is really amazing to me, is how two 6'+ slender, young, attractive, American black females can go from Romania to Hawaii, without apparently being noticed or seen. They really have flown UNDER THE RADAR.

I agree with you -- Cara & Jamie, LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke make the Final 3, leaving Tammy & Victor and Mark & Michael out of luck.  I'm not upset about Mark & Michael -- they're idiots of the first order, but I am a little sad about Tammy & Victor.

Belle Book

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1379 on: April 13, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »

I don't see anything in her statements to suggest that T/V were fighting, either amongst themselves or with another team, at all. Quite the contrary, Victor's demeanor seems quit calm and reserved from her observations. To me, the "other team fighting" is probably much more likely to be Kisha/Jen, especially from the previews for Episode 9. Add the fact that T/V are on the same exact flight with PK/BVM, when there are so many flights to Hawii, at the same basic times, just "ain't right" if they are racing. With so many flights, I just think that TPTB would "prohibit" travel on the same flight with the big wigs, in the travel instructions, ie  "You may not use JAL flight xxxx."

I agree with you -- Cara & Jamie, LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke make the Final 3, leaving Tammy & Victor and Mark & Michael out of luck.  I'm not upset about Mark & Michael -- they're idiots of the first order, but I am a little sad about Tammy & Victor.

Belle Book

I think it a little much to be saying they are idiots of the first order.  Give credit where credit is due.  They have raced well enough to secure their current positions. They may have been a little over the top, but they are certainly not idiotic. (Remember editing is everything) That being said, I'm not sure if they will recover from the penalty imposed.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1380 on: April 13, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

Belle Book

I think it a little much to be saying they are idiots of the first order.  Give credit where credit is due.  They have raced well enough to secure their current positions. They may have been a little over the top, but they are certainly not idiotic. (Remember editing is everything) That being said, I'm not sure if they will recover from the penalty imposed.
I don't agree.  Twice, they should've gone home.  They've only been saved by Christie & Jodi's incompetent driver first getting lost in India, then stopping for gas.  (And the Speed Bump didn't help, either.)  Second, this past leg's performance should've been elimination-worthy, and it wasn't only because it was the standard NEL.

It'll be interesting to see if they are, in fact, way too far behind.  I suspect the editors left in Phil telling them that they'd be so far behind everyone for a reason -- that they are insurmountably far behind and have no chance to catch up.
Jamison

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1381 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
There is the remote possibility that Guilin may be the second of two consecutive NELs. In that case Mark and Michael could make it to Beijing.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
With Mark/Michael's penalties + their speedbump alongside the little snippet from the preview showing us three (supposedly) safe teams checking in together they are practically doomed this next leg.

What I also found interesting is all this talk about Victor and Tammy's horrible Romania leg. They just won't let us forget that a team can go from the top of the pack to the bottom. What does this spell out? A Victor and Tammy elimination of course. (or a last placement on a non-elimination is possible too)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »
There is the remote possibility that Guilin may be the second of two consecutive NELs. In that case Mark and Michael could make it to Beijing.
If they go 10 hours behind the 4th place team in the next leg as speculated, they might as well go home. It's possible they could make up time, but it's awfully hard as the race stands now.

They'll need a lot of help and some bunching.
Just here to visit.

DavidJunior

« Reply #1384 on: April 13, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
i think that belle book's statement that "they are idiots of the first order" is not too far out of place or all that mean for that matter

i wholeheartedly believe they fully deserve that title

and they've technically been spared 3 times on this race (don't forget that if M/L didn't u-turn Amanda/Kris, Mark/Michael probably would've gone home then)

and there have been plenty of races where bumbling idiots have made it a lot farther than they honestly deserved
(Dandrew last season, Kami/Karli of season 5, and in my opinion Nick/Don [esp. after they beat out Nate/Jen (:;) ])

DavidJunior

« Reply #1385 on: April 13, 2009, 10:47:53 PM »
and i think they've been the worst performing top 6 team so far...

not one, but 2 penalties, on two consecutive legs!

i think it's something more than a little slip up, they are constantly making stupid mistakes

and they're mistakes seem to be getting worse as they get farther along in the race

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1386 on: April 14, 2009, 05:42:55 AM »
With Mark/Michael's penalties + their speedbump alongside the little snippet from the preview showing us three (supposedly) safe teams checking in together they are practically doomed this next leg.

What I also found interesting is all this talk about Victor and Tammy's horrible Romania leg. They just won't let us forget that a team can go from the top of the pack to the bottom. What does this spell out? A Victor and Tammy elimination of course. (or a last placement on a non-elimination is possible too)

I'm quite sad, but IM SPECULATING...  :'( :'( :'( It's quite sad!! I don't want them gone...
Tammy and Victor does go out fourth... I agree with the bits and pieces of information everyone has posted. They keep on Reminding the Romania leg was the final touch (not unless they keep on reminding it for us to tell us that they won't win, etc. by now, I THINK TPTB already know us fans have a lot of idea with the final 3 teams - so they might play with us and throw off all our speculations... )

But then...
The insider vids show how great T/V (well Victor is) conversing Mandarin or whatever Chinese is that, making fewer choices of their elimination possible, They've been to Beijing only months before the race filmed (based on an interview) and Bejing is a more of Mandarin speaking country...
The only thing that keeps me boggled is the U-TURN. I SPECULATE it's either Jaime/Cara or Kisha/Jen would use the U-TURN on either Tammy/Victor (iff Jaime and Cara) or Luke and Margie (iff Kisha/Jen)

:)
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1387 on: April 14, 2009, 08:20:09 AM »
Speculation:

Cheerleaders suffer Taxi problem in china and eliminated at 5th, M/M survive!
Magrie Luke lost alli and were U-turned and eliminated at 4th!

LOL, Then F3 will be Brothers & Sisters, Sisters Win  :sucks[Kisha Jen Tammy], Brothers Lose  :meow:[Victor, M/M]  :umn:

I am trying to go against the spoilers we have right now :P
Wow.  That'd be a . . . really awful F3, because it'd be too damn obvious Tammy & Victor would win.

I guess Sisters can beat Tammy Victor....
M/M seems like a 3rd team like the past season to me...yes...rebecca adam, dandrew, Nick Don, Lyn Karlyn....

I guess what we are sure is either the alliance both is Final 3 or Both is out of final 3.....

I am hoping the NEL is on leg 11, so we will see a speed bump in the final leg, lol, it will be funny to slow the speedbump in front of the finish line :P

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #1388 on: April 14, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
Seems possible that Tammy and Victor go out at fourth cos I really can't see any other team going out at fourth, other than Margie and Luke. But I think Margie and Luke make the final three and my predicted final placings:

1. Cara and Jaime
2. Margie and Luke
3. Kisha and Jen

But I'm still holding on to some hope that Tammy and Victor make the final three... Hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1389 on: April 14, 2009, 01:29:18 PM »
I think it depends on what happens next week.  If Mark & Michael somehow catch up (and really, it does seem possible, given they were spotted in an airport at night, and the tasks of the next leg seem to take place during the day -- there's time to meet up at a connection).  If, by some strange occurrence, Jaime & Cara end up eliminated instead, then it's clearly Margie & Luke going out in fourth (can't see it being anyone else, as both teams were spotted together).  If Mark & Michael are, indeed, screwed by the big time gap between them and the other teams, however, then yeah, Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara are at least in the F3, with Kisha & Jen and Tammy & Victor fighting it out for that last spot.

Frankly, I hope it's the latter scenario, as Tammy & Victor being in the F3 with Kisha & Jen and Mark & Michael would be WAY too much of an anticlimax.  Even more of one than last season's F3.  If it is the latter scenario, then I think it'll go like this:

1st: Margie & Luke/Kisha & Jen
2nd: Kisha & Jen/Margie & Luke
3rd: Jaime & Cara

. . . With Jaime & Cara in third possibly (and this is only speculation) because Jaime's taxicab driver treatment karma comes back to bite her sometime on the final leg, and one driver refuses service to her and Cara.  Margie & Luke and Kisha & Jen, based on the upcoming scuffle and subsequent feud, fight it out for the top two spots instead.
Jamison

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1390 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
Good point on the Romania leg! I never thought about that idea. CBS certainly has been messing with our heads a whole lot better than last season.

I dare not hope it, but I think Tammy & Victor are out in fourth. But! Next week's preview has no sign of Jaime & Cara, so there is a very slight possibility that something awful happens to them and then Margie & Luke are out after that. But I also think that Mark & Michael are as good as gone now. It's too bad because I thought they would be different than they have turned out.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1391 on: April 14, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »

. . . With Jaime & Cara in third possibly (and this is only speculation) because Jaime's taxicab driver treatment karma comes back to bite her sometime on the final leg, and one driver refuses service to her and Cara.  Margie & Luke and Kisha & Jen, based on the upcoming scuffle and subsequent feud, fight it out for the top two spots instead.

The final leg is in Hawaii.  Jaime shouldn't have taxi-cab language issues on the final leg, unless it is during the final taxi-cab ride from the departure point to the airport.  However, since she is with M/L during the flight, I don't think she has any final leg taxi-cab issues.

However, I can see her having several meltdowns during the next three legs in China.

Susan

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1392 on: April 14, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
I bet that Jamie would have taxi cab problems on Calle Ocho in her hometown.
Matthew 7:15

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1393 on: April 14, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »

Actually, I think Jaime is just suffering from an accumulation of too much non-English.  She was mostly ok in the beginning, but her temperament has gotten progressively worse each eposide.  Of course, the escalation could just be editing and she was really nasty at the start.

I just found a you-tube clip that may shed some light on the issue. Apparently Jaime gets carsick.  So between nausea and failure to communicate, Jaime  is not a happy traveler.  Why someone that gets car sick and can't deal with non-English wanted to travel the world is beyond me!

DavidJunior

« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2009, 02:02:22 AM »

Actually, I think Jaime is just suffering from an accumulation of too much non-English.  She was mostly ok in the beginning, but her temperament has gotten progressively worse each eposide.  Of course, the escalation could just be editing and she was really nasty at the start.

I just found a you-tube clip that may shed some light on the issue. Apparently Jaime gets carsick.  So between nausea and failure to communicate, Jaime  is not a happy traveler.  Why someone that gets car sick and can't deal with non-English wanted to travel the world is beyond me!

i think it was a bit less of a problem for jaime in the first few legs because they were in europe through leg 3, and in western europe in the first
two (where there tend to be a lot more fluent english speakers than in india, thailand, china, or siberia)

also, in the first few legs (including leg 5), the teams drove themselves a lot more

many countries in europe are almost completely paved roads (including siberia), the other countries, not so much

now (leg 6,7, 8, and prob. 9) they have had to rely on taxi cab drivers who know a butchered form of english at best, while on mainly unpaved, or poorly paved roads.

so, if this was a race that went solely through europe, where teams had to rely on their own driving abilities more than that of a taxi cab driver, i think jaime would be having a wonderful time, and have a lot friendlier demeanor

but, since its not, i think jaime just needs to suck it up in these last couple legs, and stop being so hostile

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1395 on: April 15, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »
Good point on the Romania leg! I never thought about that idea. CBS certainly has been messing with our heads a whole lot better than last season.

I dare not hope it, but I think Tammy & Victor are out in fourth. But! Next week's preview has no sign of Jaime & Cara, so there is a very slight possibility that something awful happens to them and then Margie & Luke are out after that. But I also think that Mark & Michael are as good as gone now. It's too bad because I thought they would be different than they have turned out.

I quite feel that it's everybody's ball game right now. Given that T/V comes in 4th, why must CBS give clues and keep on reminding Romania - IN EVERY FREAKIN' EPISODE and INSIDERS?? It seems like too much of a give away that they reach 4th only - just like everyone's thinking right now. Could they be in the final 3 and end up third?

There are a whole lot of points and contentions here, which makes so much of a jigsaw. CBS, WRP and TPTB must be laughing their asses out right now because of all of us arguing giving out our points and can't actually make a good general idea of how is this show going to end...

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1396 on: April 15, 2009, 06:06:55 AM »
I think they have to drive themselves in the final leg since its in Hawaii

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1397 on: April 15, 2009, 06:18:36 AM »
I actually have no clue as to who goes in 4th. I almost sense that Mark/Mike are next to go, but for 4th:

Tammy/Victor could be U-Turned for being a threat next leg and end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.
Jaime/Cara could end up having more language issues and end up in 4th.
Kisha/Jen could make a Bangkok-like fatal mistake and end up in 4th.
Margie/Luke could produce more conflict and get U-Turned, end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1398 on: April 15, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »
I actually have no clue as to who goes in 4th. I almost sense that Mark/Mike are next to go, but for 4th:

Tammy/Victor could be U-Turned for being a threat next leg and end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.
Margie/Luke could produce more conflict and get U-Turned, end up in 4th for failing to catch up on Beijing 2.

I could see T/V being u-turned or luck as the only reason why they will be eliminated. Victor and Tammy are very good in Chinese based on the Insider videos.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1399 on: April 15, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »

Since Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke were spotted on the same plane, I'm assuming that neither one winds up in fourth.  I think it's between Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and possibly getting further bad luck in Beijing or LaKisha & Jen making a fatal mistake for the fourth place position.  Since Tammy & Victor were spotted in the same area (at least) as Phil and the executive producer, I'm going with Tammy & Victor being U-Turned and maybe having further bad luck, leaving LaKisha & Jen to be in the Final 3.

Belle Book