Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 674378 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1300 on: April 01, 2009, 08:16:32 AM »
And wiki is often wrong about TAR so while the above info is generally correct, we have to take what is on there with a grain of salt.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1301 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
And wiki is often wrong about TAR so while the above info is generally correct, we have to take what is on there with a grain of salt.

Including many early episode titles.

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1302 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »
Hey everyone!!! i found this on one of the websites thought of sharing it with you all.

"Teams eliminated early in the race are then flown to a common location known as "Sequesterville" where teams are allowed to relax and sight-see (though with restrictions), until they are then flown to the final city for the very end of the Race. The 4th, 5th, and 6th place teams do not necessarily go to Sequesterville; instead, they may either accompany production through the last few legs and meet up with the rest of the eliminated teams at the finish line (in order to cut down on travel costs), or they may be asked to perform "decoy runs", usually flying into the final city or a different city with a camera crew, a day or so before the final three teams arrive, in order to throw off potential spoilers for the final teams."

With all this info i am quite sure that T/V are not one of the final 3 teams...what do u'll say???

ready2rock, thanks for the information, but many of us already know this, what bothers most is why all three teams, including the producers are all in one place at the same time - producers and decoys must or most likely to be ahead of actual teams. That article also states how decoy teams and production perform decoy runs a day before or hours before, not with the actual teams. Peach's spoiler goes only to show a proof of two teams coming to the final 3, with another one bickering. There is really no proof to which T/V really is eliminated or is the final member of the Final 3. Only time and the eleventh episode would tell. :)

And your source is wiki, almost anyone known to the race have might as well read the article there.

No my source is not wiki but i found this info on sidereel.com and also one additional reason to post this is that bcoz of the two week break i guess many of the members on this forum have also gone on a break...can't see any more speculation...so just thought of keeping it alive this way   :talk
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1303 on: April 01, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »
At this point, I'll base things on whoever says the title of the finale.  For the past two seasons, the one who has said it has seen his or her team win.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1304 on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »
Hey everyone!!! i found this on one of the websites thought of sharing it with you all.

"Teams eliminated early in the race are then flown to a common location known as "Sequesterville" where teams are allowed to relax and sight-see (though with restrictions), until they are then flown to the final city for the very end of the Race. The 4th, 5th, and 6th place teams do not necessarily go to Sequesterville; instead, they may either accompany production through the last few legs and meet up with the rest of the eliminated teams at the finish line (in order to cut down on travel costs), or they may be asked to perform "decoy runs", usually flying into the final city or a different city with a camera crew, a day or so before the final three teams arrive, in order to throw off potential spoilers for the final teams."

With all this info i am quite sure that T/V are not one of the final 3 teams...what do u'll say???

ready2rock, I say that you are just repeating what has been common knowledge on RFF for years. We don't wait for other websites to post things. There may not a comprehensive in one place summary, but it is embedded in a variety of discussions. What do you have that's new or different?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1305 on: April 01, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »
okay everybody.

Yes the decoy info isn't new to most of us, but still was a nice reminder.

Thanks ready2rock, thanks to all of the rest of you for attempting to be sure everything is as clear and accurate as possible.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion on spoilers!  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #1306 on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
i think that if its common knowledge that eliminated teams generally travel with production staff

and if the reported sightings of T/V getting onto a plane with the production staff are true

then i think it's safe to say that T/V get Philiminated before the final leg

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #1307 on: April 01, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
Ahhh noooooo don't let Tammy and Victor be eliminated! Hmm but I'm kinda getting either a second or fourth-place vibe from them.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1308 on: April 01, 2009, 01:32:39 PM »
I am totally confused now. ??? I'm fairly new to TAR so I'm not up to speed on NEL's, buying tickets for the camera people etc. etc. but it does seem odd that T/V would be on the same plane as Phil. OTOH, he wasn't talking to them, so.... :umn:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1309 on: April 01, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
I am totally confused now. ??? I'm fairly new to TAR so I'm not up to speed on NEL's, buying tickets for the camera people etc. etc. but it does seem odd that T/V would be on the same plane as Phil. OTOH, he wasn't talking to them, so.... :umn:
If they were in that close proximity with him, they've gotta be decoys, whether they actually directly interacted or not.  I'd believe they weren't if they weren't anywhere near Phil, or were on a flight with at least one other team.  Still, the penultimate episode will help determine which is the case, so I can't wait to see what it'll have to say.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1310 on: April 01, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
Usually, Phil tries to fly ahead to the next destination ahead of the teams so he can tape his introductions to the Road Block, Detour and Pit Stop. However, sometimes the teams do catch up. It's rare but it does happen. Do teams often interact with Phil at locations other than the mat? No, but maybe this was one of those rare oddities when Tammy & Victor actually caught up with BVM and Phil. You never know.
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1311 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
Usually, Phil tries to fly ahead to the next destination ahead of the teams so he can tape his introductions to the Road Block, Detour and Pit Stop. However, sometimes the teams do catch up. It's rare but it does happen. Do teams often interact with Phil at locations other than the mat? No, but maybe this was one of those rare oddities when Tammy & Victor actually caught up with BVM and Phil. You never know.

You're right in saying that it might be just one of those rare oddities, TARAsia Fan, and I don't want Tammy & Victor to be Philiminated any more than you do (especially if this puts Mark & Michael in the finale), but I kind of doubt that it's the case.  LaKisha & Jen are probably eliminated in Guillin and Tammy & Victor are most likely (although not definitively) eliminated in Beijing.  A pity.

Belle Book

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1312 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »

In season 9 in Italy, BJ and Tyler were ahead of Phil, and Eric and Jeremy were with him.  Phil was almost too late for BJ and Tyler at the mat.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:26:26 PM by Snooky101 »

DavidJunior

« Reply #1313 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

In season 9 in Italy, BJ and Tyler were ahead of Phil, and Eric and Jeremy were with him.  Phil was almost too late for BJ and Tyler at the mat.

Were Eric/Jeremy just on the same plane as Phil, or were they travelling with him?

What I got from the spoiler, Tammy/Victor were travelling with Phil and that group, not coincidentally on the same flight

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1314 on: April 01, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »

Were Eric/Jeremy just on the same plane as Phil, or were they travelling with him?

What I got from the spoiler, Tammy/Victor were travelling with Phil and that group, not coincidentally on the same flight

They were just on the same plane. 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1315 on: April 01, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »
If I remember right, the teams were in coach while Phil was in First Class.
Just here to visit.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1316 on: April 01, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »
Are we absolutely positive that the person who gave RFF the spoiler is 100% reliable?  Remember that we had spoilers about the deaf "girl" in the race, I believe it was Jen, that they had pictures to support and everything.  If they are indeed decoys, why have them travel with production?  Kind of gives it away.

:duno:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1317 on: April 01, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
Are we absolutely positive that the person who gave RFF the spoiler is 100% reliable?  Remember that we had spoilers about the deaf "girl" in the race, I believe it was Jen, that they had pictures to support and everything.  If they are indeed decoys, why have them travel with production?  Kind of gives it away.

We might as well use what we have, unless we have a spoiler against it...  They HAVE to have economy tickets.

If I remember right, the teams were in coach while Phil was in First Class.

Phil always gets his great comforts!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1318 on: April 01, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »

The info comes from this blogger. I can't see her/him making this up .......
oh BOY!!!

From a blog dated 11/25 but describing events that occured 11/21-23 as best as I can tell: Starts at Beijing airport!

Three airlines, twelve “customer service” representatives and multiple people yelling at each other in Mandarin later we found ourselves on an Air China flight back to Tokyo.  We’re still not sure why or what they were screaming but it seemed to be the norm for the airport.  That said, it was a lovely airport.

During this ordeal we couldn’t help but notice two groups of travelers flashing American passports being flanked by their own teams of cameramen looking a little too giddy to be at the airport in Beijing at 8am. Oddly enough, it seems that we found ourselves in the middle of  CBS’ “Amazing Race” with two teams on our flight.  Without giving too much away, I can assure you that all of the panic and suspense of the actual show comes from some really great editing.  On this particular day we found ourselves watching the double mint twins in matching sweatshirts, bleached teeth and badly dyed red hair preen the entire time for the cameras.
M had to remind me a few times that something are better thought than said aloud and that when calling people “twits” and such it’s best to do it at a volume they can’t hear you.

Forthunately the flight itself wasn’t bad as a nap and bag of M&Ms calmed me down considerable after being cut in front of by the camera crew multiple times had me rather annoyed.

Still we had quite a ways to go and even bumped into the host Phil Keoghan as he waited for his flight to film the finale in Hawaii.  It’s important to note that the running, fighting and begging for seats that you see on TV didn’t really happen and oh yeah, Phil flies business class.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1319 on: April 01, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
That was it. Phil was in Business Class. It appears everyone caught up with Phil/BVM. I'm going to say Tammy & Victor are not eliminated and are in the Final 3.
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1320 on: April 02, 2009, 05:45:45 AM »
Looks like Phil and BVM would be running the race with the actual teams for the finals...  :funny:

I think M/M are toast in Guilin... The Bangkok leg doesn't look good for them.
plus, they don't look like people who would argue outside and make a commotion out of it as the last third team.

Jen/Kiesha gets the 4th place boot most probably in Beijing (First time that a fourth place did not get enough edit?)

T/V most probably would be the first team on the penultimate leg, followed closely by Jaime/Cara, and trailed by Margie/Luke for a longer time, thus J/C w/o M/L seeing T/V quarrel for flights out of Beijing, and when they leave Beijing earlier, C/J just spoils the information to Margie/Luke. It seems to be the most logical reasoning. Everyone meets in Tokyo Airport for the Hawaii flight... 

Plus, the word traveling means many things in the spoiler, it may be identified as on the same plane as well...

I second the motion with Ken that T/V is one of the final 3! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:01:01 AM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1321 on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:09 AM »
Mooyou,
If you have watched past Amazing Races, one of the things you come to expect as a given, unless a team is lagging too far behind to be bunched with the other two teams, is that World Race Productions forces all 3 teams onto the same flight to the destination. Now, since Honolulu to Kahului, Maui has flights every 20 minutes throughout the day, the Honolulu segment effectively becomes that flight. I expect out of Tokyo all teams will be on the same flight, which is in complete agreeement with your thinking. Now, there are 9 daily nonstop flights from Tokyo-Narita to Honolulu so I am not sure how WRP is going to acoomplish it this time. But you can be assured that they will, as they want all teams to be equal as they arrive at the final place. It brings much more drama to the Finale. What happens from Beijing to Narita is irrelevant as long as a team does not fall too far behind.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1322 on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:25 AM »
Mooyou,
If you have watched past Amazing Races, one of the things you come to expect as a given, unless a team is lagging too far behind to be bunched with the other two teams, is that World Race Productions forces all 3 teams onto the same flight to the destination. Now, since Honolulu to Kahului, Maui has flights every 20 minutes throughout the day, the Honolulu segment effectively becomes that flight. I expect out of Tokyo all teams will be on the same flight, which is in complete agreeement with your thinking. Now, there are 9 daily nonstop flights from Tokyo-Narita to Honolulu so I am not sure how WRP is going to acoomplish it this time. But you can be assured that they will, as they want all teams to be equal as they arrive at the final place. It brings much more drama to the Finale. What happens from Beijing to Narita is irrelevant as long as a team does not fall too far behind.

apskip, I also think that they'ed be bunched up in Tokyo, but what I was saying in my previous post is one of I think a reason for Cara/Jaime to say that there is a third team fighting with each other to Margie/Luke, which could probably "prove" Tammy/Victor's "exsitence" still in the game hopefully.. although I may be wrong, because this spoiler made waves...  Could C/J and M/L were just lost in Narita Terminal 1? (But I don't really know since I myself couldn't tell cause I haven't been to Japan), but sadly, we probably wouldn't know what the actual scenes are unless from the interviews, since BVM is cutting almost all airport scenes this season.

What comes after Tokyo/Hawaii flight will only be seen during the race itself, unless some spoilers would again float in the forums...  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #1323 on: April 02, 2009, 07:59:32 AM »
That was it. Phil was in Business Class. It appears everyone caught up with Phil/BVM. I'm going to say Tammy & Victor are not eliminated and are in the Final 3.
Mooyou,

You both make a lot of sense. This clears up a lot for me.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1324 on: April 02, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
They won't show the scenes of Tammy & Victor commiserating with Phil on the show, but maybe they will on the insider clips. It's something to look for.
Just here to visit.