Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 677178 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP8 (4/12):
« Reply #1275 on: March 29, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »
Wel wrong thread but this one?

That's the one!  China huh?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP8 (4/12):
« Reply #1276 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »

I was thinking it was Europe! LOL  .. okay moving this to the spec thread okay?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1277 on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »
Looks like they're cold once again. Wearing a hat, blowing wind. Probably around 20.
Just here to visit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1278 on: March 29, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
Tammy is talking about nothing specific so I guess it could be from a previous pit stop.   :duno:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:35:29 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1279 on: March 29, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
More often than not the teams have been bunched together on the flight to the final destination, either through an early morning/late night pit start (Russia last year being a good example), an extended pit stop (Guam), or various tasks in the intermediate destination (Paris, Puerto Rico, Hawaii all those times)

I really think T/V are the decoys in this instance.
I agree.  I could see it happening through a U-Turn on leg ten and coming in last on an NEL, and then being unable to make up the time following their Speed Bump on leg eleven.  I don't think they'd be traveling with Phil if they were still in the race.  But if they are, then I assume something would bunch them up.

So if they go out, I think Mark & Michael will be that last F3 team since they slowly seem to be turning into the villains of the race.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1280 on: March 29, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
I agree.  I could see it happening through a U-Turn on leg ten and coming in last on an NEL, and then being unable to make up the time following their Speed Bump on leg eleven.  I don't think they'd be traveling with Phil if they were still in the race.  But if they are, then I assume something would bunch them up.

So if they go out, I think Mark & Michael will be that last F3 team since they slowly seem to be turning into the villains of the race.

For me, I don't see those two fighting - as the witness mentioned to peach, I always have thought that they were cool and very calm/relaxed... even though they had an hour's worth of penalty, they remained quiet all the time. Kisha and Jen seems to be diplomatic in exchanging of words, the only team I see really fighting against each other is V/T...

Oh man, please let T/V go into the F3!!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1281 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
Tammy is talking about nothing specific so I guess it could be from a previous pit stop.   :duno:
I'm looking Chateau,, was it the bob sled in Novosibirsk ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1282 on: March 29, 2009, 11:49:40 PM »
........... :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1283 on: March 29, 2009, 11:50:26 PM »
again to compare, nice try though Chateau!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1284 on: March 30, 2009, 12:02:35 AM »
We can see by the pictures that Tammy's short lived interview is highly probable in Novosibirsk, contrary to what we have seen and thought that it was China!  :wohoo:

Thanks for the screencaps puddin!

Puddin, what's your take on the spoiler at the previous page? are T/V decoys or one of the final 3 teams? hehe...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:10:00 AM by Mooyou »

DavidJunior

« Reply #1285 on: March 30, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
actually, i wouldn't count on Mark/Michael or Kisha/Jen not being the other team that was quarreling

Look at Kynt/Vyxsin of TAR12 (who would've expected them to raise their voices at eachother at all?)

so, anyone could get short with eachother, especially near the end of spending over three weeks with the person literally circling the globe and having to compete in strenuous and stressful tasks all the way through

honestly anyone could be in the final 3, who knows Cara/Jaime and Margie/Luke are the two decoys and the other three made it to F3...

but i think Tammy/Victor might be the decoys in this instance
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:20:59 AM by DavidJunior »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1286 on: March 30, 2009, 05:05:28 AM »
And if they are, I wonder what could've happened?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1287 on: March 30, 2009, 08:21:09 AM »
Ok I don't know if this is correct but atleast as per the info given by peach it just not possible that T/V are in the final 3 yeah their travelling with Phil and BVM is a reason enough to believe so...so that leaves us with only 2 options M/M and K/J but then the quarrel thing can't be related to M/M bcz we've hardly seen them doing so even when they are lost but yeah the sisters do quarrel sometimes and we have seen that on tv...so my pick for the final 3 wud be kisha and jen...and hope that it's true!!! Can't believe it they didn't get the pre show promo thing and they were not spotted after romania and managed to pull it till here :yess:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:26:55 AM by ready2rock »
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1288 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »
Decoys absolutely get filmed AND have camera crews.
The only way T/V could be eliminated in China is if one of the other teams (C/J to be more specific) U-turn T/V.
Huh? When was this law passed? They could be eliminated any leg due to a random chance task or a penalty. They are unlikely to be eliminated on a task involving physical action or brains.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:16:37 AM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1289 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »

but i think Tammy/Victor might be the decoys in this instance

I don't think T/V are decoys, though they bear all the signs. I just don't think that decoy teams buy their own tickets after they are eliminated. Nor would they be buying tickets for their crew, which Victor obviously doing, since he is trying to get window seats for his cameraman and soundman. I would think that decoy teams get tickets handed to them by production.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1290 on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »
Not necessarily. If they're decoys, they do everything as if they're still in the race including buying tickets.
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1291 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »
Not necessarily. If they're decoys, they do everything as if they're still in the race including buying tickets.

We did have Kelly and Christie just watching Andrew and Dan doing their speed bump last season, so they might not always do the exact same as the other teams.  They should have been doing the roadblock or the detour.

Offline mungobuh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1292 on: March 30, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
If the spoilers are to be believed and we're left with a F3 of T/V, M/L and C/J, I pray to the sweet baby Jesus that we're spared a Tammy/Victor win....but mostly because I cannot stand Victor.  I know that Margie/Luke (can be cloying and fishing for sympathy) and Jamie/Cara (ugly americans) have their faults and all...but they must have worked damn hard to get where they got if the spoilers are correct and they were all spotted going from China to Hawaii.

More than all that, it would be SUPER refreshing to see a team that wasn't so. ****ing. inevitable.  Last season wasn't necessarily a turd, but it was too damn predictable with Nick & Starr winning nearly every damn leg and then the whole thing.  I guess a season cannot be so unpredictable...as it has been up till now.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1293 on: March 31, 2009, 05:31:01 AM »

We did have Kelly and Christie just watching Andrew and Dan doing their speed bump last season, so they might not always do the exact same as the other teams.  They should have been doing the roadblock or the detour.

And don't Kelly/Christy just toured the whole of Russia and Kazakhstan, I'm quite sure I've seen their pictures somewhere, probably in their site? I can't recall.  :lol:

We are just assured that C/J M/L and T/V stays alive of the probable next two legs.  :tup:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1294 on: March 31, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »
If the spoilers are to be believed and we're left with a F3 of T/V, M/L and C/J, I pray to the sweet baby Jesus that we're spared a Tammy/Victor win....but mostly because I cannot stand Victor.  I know that Margie/Luke (can be cloying and fishing for sympathy) and Jamie/Cara (ugly americans) have their faults and all...but they must have worked damn hard to get where they got if the spoilers are correct and they were all spotted going from China to Hawaii.

More than all that, it would be SUPER refreshing to see a team that wasn't so. ****ing. inevitable.  Last season wasn't necessarily a turd, but it was too damn predictable with Nick & Starr winning nearly every damn leg and then the whole thing.  I guess a season cannot be so unpredictable...as it has been up till now.

Well, I think that Cara & Jamie and Margie & Luke definitely make the finals.  Tammy & Victor's the question mark, because they were not only seen with Phil but also with the executive producer.  That means they may be a decoy team.  The other two -- not so much.

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1295 on: March 31, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
I hope Tammy & Victor are the decoys! That would make a nice (not so ridiculously predictable) win no matter who!

I think it is just as likely that Tammy & Victor could be in the F3, but do the producers really get that interactive with the teams? To me that implies interference with the fairness of the game. I hope TAR does not go there. :knuckles:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1296 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:21 PM »
If all of this is the case, then Kisha and Jen are most likely 5th.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1297 on: March 31, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »
If all of this is the case, then Kisha and Jen are most likely 5th.
Agreed.  It's looking more and more like Kisha & Jen go out in Guilin (since Bangkok will obviously be an NEL), and then either Tammy & Victor or Mark & Michael go out on the second Beijing leg, leaving the other in the F3, possibly as the fall-behind team that finishes after both the first- and second-place teams.

I have to think Margie & Luke and Jaime & Cara will be first and second.  They wouldn't have continuously mentioned the friendship between the two teams on-air for nothing.  If that happens, at least it won't be as obvious as the setup for Nick & Starr and Ken & Tina being the top two teams.
Jamison

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1298 on: April 01, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »
Hey everyone!!! i found this on one of the websites thought of sharing it with you all.

"Teams eliminated early in the race are then flown to a common location known as "Sequesterville" where teams are allowed to relax and sight-see (though with restrictions), until they are then flown to the final city for the very end of the Race. The 4th, 5th, and 6th place teams do not necessarily go to Sequesterville; instead, they may either accompany production through the last few legs and meet up with the rest of the eliminated teams at the finish line (in order to cut down on travel costs), or they may be asked to perform "decoy runs", usually flying into the final city or a different city with a camera crew, a day or so before the final three teams arrive, in order to throw off potential spoilers for the final teams."

With all this info i am quite sure that T/V are not one of the final 3 teams...what do u'll say???

The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1299 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:33 AM »
Hey everyone!!! i found this on one of the websites thought of sharing it with you all.

"Teams eliminated early in the race are then flown to a common location known as "Sequesterville" where teams are allowed to relax and sight-see (though with restrictions), until they are then flown to the final city for the very end of the Race. The 4th, 5th, and 6th place teams do not necessarily go to Sequesterville; instead, they may either accompany production through the last few legs and meet up with the rest of the eliminated teams at the finish line (in order to cut down on travel costs), or they may be asked to perform "decoy runs", usually flying into the final city or a different city with a camera crew, a day or so before the final three teams arrive, in order to throw off potential spoilers for the final teams."

With all this info i am quite sure that T/V are not one of the final 3 teams...what do u'll say???

ready2rock, thanks for the information, but many of us already know this, what bothers most is why all three teams, including the producers are all in one place at the same time - producers and decoys must or most likely to be ahead of actual teams. That article also states how decoy teams and production perform decoy runs a day before or hours before, not with the actual teams. Peach's spoiler goes only to show a proof of two teams coming to the final 3, with another one bickering. There is really no proof to which T/V really is eliminated or is the final member of the Final 3. Only time and the eleventh episode would tell. :)

And your source is wiki, almost anyone known to the race have might as well read the article there.