Archive > The Amazing Race 14

The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers

(1/318) > >>

puddin:
Any nonsense will be deleted such as route wish lists etc or dream teams.

Mrs Shrek:
We have our first independent blog sighting of what could be TAR14 underway!!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Hopefully we can find out more details to confirm. :wohoo:

Saturday, November 1, 2008
From Flip-Flops to Snow Shoes

Matty left last night. We all went to the airport to see him off. He had two bags packed solid, and a carry-on with 10 hours worth of books and music. His seat assignment: 38E--the absolute center of the plane in a center seat for t-e-n hours. He left in jeans and a t-shirt, and tied to his bag, was a snow jacket and zip-up fleece. This California boy is trading in his flip-flops for the snowy slopes of Switzerland. Davos, Switzerland to be exact. He will be blogging about his journey, so check it out when you can. He already has a few stories, including running into the Amazing Race contestants at the Frankfurt airport!

Mrs Shrek:
And the link to Matty's own blog from his sisters blog posted above (sharing the credit with puddin for this)  :kuss:

Saturday, November 1, 2008
Day One- Sorry it is so long!
Wow, I am finally here and it is freezing! What a day God gave me today. It started with a wonderful send off in Portland with my family and Kirsten; incredibly blessed to have them in my life. I had a direct flight from Portland to Frankfurt, Germany and sat next to a sweet elderly lady that literally talked to me every moment I was either awake or had my headphones off. She and her husband are on the tail end of their 20 year traveling time or experience or however you'd like to word it. And yes, I said 20 years, they have basically spent my entire life traveling! She proceeded to tell me stories from Africa, Australia, China...Fiji, Argentina, Peru...you get the picture. I was able to sleep for the first two hours of the flight, then I watched the new Indiana Jones movie (not all that good) and Leatherheads (also not very good); so I talked with my new friend most of each movie.
Once I hit Frankfurt, I realized two things that I immediately regretted not bringing. A watch would have come in quite handy walking through an airport where there are virtually no clocks. Plus, my phone couldn't find service so I couldn't use it as a source of time. So I sat down on my computer thinking I could check my email and Skype some people and 10 minutes into using my computer it dies. Where's my power cord? In my checked luggage...fantastic. I was able to reach my lovely mother, however. I decided just to walk to my gate and hang out there and read until my flight boarded, but to my surprise I had the Amazing Race in my waiting room and on my flight. There were 7 teams of two hanging around being interviewed by the crew with their huge cameras and all. Lucky me I was the only one in the whole crowd they decided to interview! So I had two teams come up to me with their camera crew and talk to me about who I am, where I'm from, and a ton of other random questions. I had to fill out a release form so they could put me on TV and everything! Pretty crazy, right?

puddin:
My apologies to gonzalochileno  :tup:

--- Quote from: gonzalochileno on November 01, 2008, 05:10:55 PM ---Hi Guys, I Read It In The Amazing Race Wiki: I live in Ticino, the southern part of Switzerland. Today I saw two separate groups of two people with backpacks running around town, followed by a cameraman and a 4th person. I noticed they were speaking American English.

This was especially strange because I normally hear American-accented English perhaps once or twice a month, even though this place is pretty touristy. Additionally, I saw these Americans talking to a PRIEST outside of church and being filmed doing so. Seriously, what tourists talk to a priest (on camera)?  :yess:

So... One Of The Destinations Is Locarno, Switzerland.  :tup:

--- End quote ---

Is the Amazing Race in Locarno, Ticino? (date posted Nov 1 2008, )

SwissMiss08
Is the Amazing Race in Locarno, Ticino?
Yesterday, 4:48 PM EDT

I live in Ticino, the southern part of Switzerland. Today I saw two separate groups of two people with backpacks running around town, followed by a cameraman and a 4th person. I noticed they were speaking American English.

This was especially strange because I normally hear American-accented English perhaps once or twice a month, even though this place is pretty touristy. Additionally, I saw these Americans talking to a PRIEST outside of church and being filmed doing so. Seriously, what tourists talk to a priest (on camera)?

Short of waiting for season 14 to air, is there any way to find out if this was, in fact, the Amazing Race.       

venzin77 RE: Is the Amazing Race in Locarno, Ticino?
Today, 3:52 PM EST

Yes the amazing race is in Switzerland y help one couple, y make police man job.

Mornig in Locarno, train Station, y help the couple Dustin & Kandice to go in Verzasca Valley. You see the the show and you see my ..... :)

Wiki/Wetpaint  

puddin:
Awesome find Mrs Shrek! And don't listen to her, I deserve no credit it was all Mrs Shreks doing!!

:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version