Author Topic: So You Think You Can Dance Season 5  (Read 8093 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
So You Think You Can Dance Season 5
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »

"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" SEASON FIVE AUDITIONS KICK-OFF THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13 IN NEW YORK CITY

Released by FOX

THE SEARCH BEGINS FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE DANCER

"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" SEASON FIVE AUDITIONS KICK-OFF THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13 IN NEW YORK CITY

Auditions Also Set for Denver, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami and Seattle

While Season Four winner Joshua Allen and the other Top 11 dancers are traveling the nation on their celebrated live tour, the hit summer competition series SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE begins its search for America's Favorite Dancer Thursday, Nov. 13 in New York City. Producers will also travel to Denver, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami and Seattle in search of dancers who best represent the rhythm of the nation.

Audition information for New York City is as follows:

WHEN: Registration begins at 8:00 AM on Thursday, Nov. 13

WHERE: Mark Morris Dance Center

3 Lafayette Ave.

Brooklyn, NY 11217

http://markmorrisdancegroup.org/the_dance_center

Additional dates and venues for Denver, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami and Seattle will be announced shortly.

Registration will begin at 8:00 AM at each venue. Auditioners traveling to cities for the open calls should make arrangements to stay for at least two days following their initial audition in the event of a callback.

For the latest information, auditioners should log on to fox.com/dance.

Contestants must be: (a) U.S. citizens, (b) legal permanent residents of the U.S., (c) possess a valid Employment Authorization Card enabling them to seek employment freely (i.e., without restrictions as to employer) within the U.S., OR (d) be in the process of obtaining an Employment Authorization Card that will enable the person to accept unrestricted employment in the U.S. on or before the first day of Las Vegas callbacks, which are currently scheduled to begin on or about April 1, 2009.

Talented dancers who spark the judges' interest during auditions will be invited to callbacks, where they will work with top choreographers. During the callback week, the judges will choose the Top 20 dancers who will continue in the competition.

Entering its fifth season next summer on FOX, the sizzling series from the creators of AMERICAN IDOL and the producers of "American Bandstand" continues to keep viewers amazed and inspired as amateur dancers compete in everything from Hip-Hop, Krumping and Popping to Salsa, Quickstep and Jive to be named America's Favorite Dancer. Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy will once again judge the competition and many renowned choreographers will return as guest judges.

In its fourth season, the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Wednesday and Thursday telecasts ranked among the summer's Top 5 regular programs in Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods among all key demos. As revealed by host Cat Deeley, the Season Four champion, Joshua Allen, was voted America's favorite dancer and waltzed off with the cash prize of $250,000 and an offer for a featured dance role in the upcoming Adam Shankman film, "Step Up 3-D."

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment, Ltd. and Dick Clark Productions. It is executive-produced by Simon Fuller, Nigel Lythgoe and Barry Adelman.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: So You Think You Can Dance Season 5
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »

TVGUIDE: Hollywood 411

So You Think You Can Dance: Auditions

Dance fans, get ready for another season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!

The show is currently casting for the new season,

and thousands of hopefuls are jumping for the chance to make it on the show.

See what the judges have to say!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! i can't wait!!!

PLUS I make my best music mixes with the songs they use!! LOL
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »
An interesting article on Season 4 Winner Joshua Allen:

'SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE' Winner To Teach Classes At Troy University

Joshua Allen, last season's winner of the TV show "So You Think You Can Dance" will teach two dance classes at Troy University this month.

"We are truly looking forward to having Joshua Allen on campus," said Deborah Hicks, coordinator of dance for the College of Communication and Fine Arts' Department of Theatre and Dance. "Bringing nationally known top-ranked dancers to campus has been part of our vision for our program all along. We hope Joshua is just the beginning of many more to come."

Allen, 19, a Fort Worth, Texas native, walked away with a $250,000 cash prize and a role in an upcoming movie after being named "America's Favorite Dancer" on Fox's fourth season of the reality "So You Think You Can Dance."

Link to the article: http://www.foxreality.com/news.php?id=86944&type=news

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »

:)  SYTYCD Season 5 should air in May when American Idol concludes

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »

THE SEARCH CONTINUES FOR AMERICA’S FAVORITE DANCER

FOX Press Release

“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” SEASON FIVE AUDITIONS CONTINUE TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 IN MIAMI

Auditions Also Set for Los Angeles, Denver, Memphis and Seattle

Following another successful live dance tour and after taking New York by storm with the first set of auditions, the hit summer competition series SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE continues its search for America’s Favorite Dancer Tuesday, Feb. 3 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami. Producers will also travel to Los Angeles, Denver, Memphis and Seattle seeking dancers who best represent the rhythm of the nation. 

Auditions for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE are as follows:

Cities Dates Venues**

Miami, FL Tuesday, Feb. 3  Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts Knight Concert Hall 1300 Biscayne Blvd.  Miami, FL 33132

Los Angeles, CA  Thursday, Feb. 12  The Orpheum Theatre 842 S. Broadway Los Angeles, CA 90014

Denver, CO  Thursday, March 12  Paramount Theatre 1622 Glenarm Pl. Denver, CO 80202

Memphis, TN  Monday, March 16  The Orpheum Theatre 203 South Main St. Memphis, TN 38103

Seattle, WA  Saturday, March 28 The Paramount Theatre 911 Pine St. Seattle, WA 98101

Registration will begin at 8:00 AM at each venue. Auditioners traveling to cities for the open calls should make arrangements to stay for at least two days following their initial audition in the event of a callback.

Contestants must: (a) be U.S. citizens, (b) be legal permanent residents of the U.S., (c) possess a valid Employment Authorization Card enabling them to seek employment freely (i.e., without restrictions as to employer) within the U.S., or (d) be in the process of obtaining an Employment Authorization Card that will enable the person to accept unrestricted employment in the U.S. on or before the first day of Las Vegas callbacks, which are currently scheduled to begin on or about April 1, 2009. Contestants must be no younger than 18 years of age or older than 30 years of age on the first day they register for auditions. Any contestant who is a minor in their state of residence must also have a parent or legal guardian sign all required documents.

Talented dancers who spark the judges’ interest during auditions will be invited to callbacks, where they will work with top choreographers. During the callback week, the judges will choose the Top 20 dancers who will continue in the competition.

Entering its fifth season this summer on FOX, the sizzling series hosted by Cat Deeley from the creators of AMERICAN IDOL and the producers of “American Bandstand” continues to keep viewers amazed and inspired as amateur dancers compete in everything from Hip-Hop, Krumping and Popping to Salsa, Quickstep and Jive with the hopes of being named America’s Favorite Dancer. Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy will once again judge the competition and many renowned choreographers will return as guest judges.

In its fourth season, the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Wednesday and Thursday telecasts ranked among the summer’s Top 5 regular programs in Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 and ranked No. 1 in their respective time periods among all key demos. As revealed by host Cat Deeley, the Season Four champion, Joshua Allen, was voted America’s favorite dancer and waltzed off with the cash prize of $250,000 and an offer for a featured dance role in the upcoming Adam Shankman film, “Step Up 3-D.”

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »

So You Think You Can Dance Season 5

Released by FOX

AMERICA’S HOTTEST DANCE SHOW “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” SWINGS INTO FIFTH SEASONTHURSDAY, MAY 21 AND WEDNESDAY,  MAY 27 ON FOX

Summer sensation SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE kicks off its fifth season with a two-night, four-hour season premiere Thursday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, May 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Hosted by Cat Deeley, the original dance competition series will inspire and amaze viewers as dancers skilled in styles ranging from hip-hop to ballroom compete to be named America’s Favorite Dancer.

Last season’s winner, Joshua Allen, danced off with a $250,000 cash prize, the title of America’s Favorite Dancer and an offer for a featured dance role in the upcoming Adam Shankman film “Step Up 3-D.”

Once the DANCE auditions conclude, weekly performance shows will air on Wednesdays (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and weekly results shows will air on Thursdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Auditions for Season Five are still underway. Dancers can strut their stuff for judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy in Denver on Tuesday, March 12; in Memphis on Monday, March 16; and in Seattle on Saturday, March 28.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 04:04:27 AM »

SUMMER SIZZLES BEGINNING THIS MAY ON FOX

Fox Press Release

“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” BEGINS ANOTHER SEARCH FOR AMERICA’S FAVORITE DANCER MAY 21

NEW MEDICAL DRAMA “MENTAL” DEBUTS MAY 22

GORDON RAMSAY TURNS UP THE HEAT ON “HELL’S KITCHEN” JULY 21

“TEEN CHOICE 2009” CELEBRATES TEEN ICONS MONDAY, AUGUST 10

Television’s hottest summer season begins this May with Season Five of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and the premiere of new medical drama MENTAL. Fan-favorites heat up the summer with the next installment of culinary competition HELL’S KITCHEN and all-new episodes of DON’T FORGET THE LYRICS!, ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, COPS and AMERICA’S MOST  WANTED.

As previously announced, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, the high-stepping summer sensation, again promises to keep viewers moving to a different beat, as dancers skilled in styles ranging from street to ballroom compete to be named America’s favorite. Featuring host Cat Deeley, judges Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe and some of the country’s greatest choreographers, Season Five of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE kicks off with a two-night, four-hour premiere Thursday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, May 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Once the DANCE auditions conclude, weekly performance shows will air Wednesdays (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and weekly results shows will air Thursdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Medical drama MENTAL will debut Friday, May 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The series follows Dr. Jack Gallagher (Chris Vance), a dynamic, young psychiatrist who serves as Director of Mental Health Services at a Los Angeles hospital. At work he must reconcile his effective, yet highly unorthodox treatment methods with his conservative boss, hospital administrator Nora Skoff (Annabella Sciorra), a woman with whom he shares a romantic past. As Gallagher takes on new cases, he is confronted with patients battling unknown, misunderstood and often misdiagnosed conditions. Gallagher delves inside their minds to gain a true understanding of who they are, allowing him to uncover what just might be the key to their long-term recovery.

The summer gets even hotter when the next installment of HELL’S KITCHEN kicks off with a special two-hour premiere Tuesday, July 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The intensity continues Tuesdays beginning July 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) as Chef Gordon Ramsay narrows down the field of competing chefs until only one remains standing in the kitchen.

DON’T FORGET THE LYRICS! returns to lock-in the lyrics with all-new episodes Friday, May 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), and ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? heads back to the classroom for summer session and all-new episodes Friday, July 3 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The most arresting night of television continues on Saturdays with a mixture of all-new and encore episodes of COPS (8:00-8:30 and 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and all-new episodes AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

As previously announced, TEEN CHOICE 2009, the annual special that celebrates the year’s hottest teen icons in film, television, music, sports and fashion, will air Monday, August 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The coolest stars, best films and best TV shows of 2008-2009 will receive coveted Teen Choice Award Surfboards in categories such as Choice Breakout TV Show, Choice Reality/Variety Show, Choice Breakout Artist, Choice Male Hottie, Choice Female Athlete and Choice Hookup.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:46:11 AM »
 :groan: Freaking nutjobs  (:;)

'So You Think You Can Dance' choreographer Alex Da Silva arrested on sexual assault counts

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/42484077.html

TV Choreographer Accused of Multiple Rapes

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/05/tv-choreographer-arrested-for-rape/

Alex DeSilva Arrested For Sexual Assault

http://justjared.buzznet.com/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 01:07:04 AM »

more of the same news spreads like wildfire

'So You Think You Can Dance' Choreographer Alex Da Silva Arrested

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512588,00.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 01:10:51 AM »
more

Celebrity choreographer Alex Da Silva arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090405/ap_en_tv/dancer_arrested_3

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »

TV Choreographer Alex Da Silva Accused Of Rape

http://cbs2.com/local/Alex.Da.Silva.2.976407.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 11:54:51 PM »
Update on the nutjob:

Update: Celebrity Choreographer Faces Further Investigation

Click here for the article: http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/04/72610/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »
No Charges for Alleged "Dance" Rapist

L.A. prosecutors have declined to press charges against Alex Da Silva, one of the choreographers from "So You Think You Can Dance," who was arrested last Saturday night for alleged sexual assaults.

Da Silva has been in jail since he was arrested, but is expected to be released sometime today.

Prosecutors say further investigation is needed and a spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office also says more alleged victims have come forward who have not yet been interviewed.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/07/no-charges-for-alleged-dance-rapist/

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
Anyone watching this?  :duno:
Next week is the Las Vegas round.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 07:05:10 PM »
i am bonzi i got hooled on it bc one of the winners danny is from here and his adopyed mom has a studio that some of the kids i know go to.. i love the way they r useing some of the dancers in dwts lacy!!! chelsy !!! love it!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 07:30:07 PM »
I'm watching!  I've already got a favorite -- Asuka!

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
Banzai is in the house!!  :yess:

:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »
i don't have a fave yet, most likely they r getting no camera time and will show up in the top 20.
joshua was my fav last year threw the whole season i was so glad he won..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »
Do you have a list of 16 girls and 16 guys?

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »
so my dvr missed the first 1/2 hr of the first top 20 show, so i got to see the results show and the re caps thank god for the recaps, i was dissapointed in who when home i realy don't like the girl in the bottom 2 who stayed. she seams anoyed all the time.  :duno: but again i did not c them dance the night b for soo i am making sure the dvr pick it up this week..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »
Any been keeping up??

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »
i compleatly missed last week bc ppl were gone this week and i was like omg. also my dvr messed up again on this week so i only got to see the results. i reset it so sutucd is more in priority, but nothing will come between me and bb, so who nows how next week will go.. :duno:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
i compleatly missed last week bc ppl were gone this week and i was like omg. also my dvr messed up again on this week so i only got to see the results. i reset it so sutucd is more in priority, but nothing will come between me and bb, so who nows how next week will go.. :duno:

Yes, can't miss that Big Brother. I think SYTYCD is a great show but I don't keep up with it too much.

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
I really enjoyed last night's show!  They were all fantastic :tup:  I don't know how people figure out who to vote for.  The dancers have to switch partners next week.