Author Topic: EP7:11/9 My Nose Is on Fire  (Read 59931 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: EP7:11/9 My Nose Is on Fire
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
Next on The Amazing Race:
My Nose Is On Fire
*One racer conducts an overly-thorough, squirm-inducing search for a clue in a bird's home.
*A strict Indian shopkeeper leaves one team teary eyed with a crushing Detour.
*A colorful Roadblock is no party for one racer when they face plant into the ground
*and two unlikely teams join forces to crack a Detour that confounds teams who work alone.

1.  Probably the Speed Bump, which means either Ken or Tina conducts the search.
2.  I think this is the spicy Detour choice, and it would probably be Terence & Sarah.
3.  I think it's Kelly -- or maybe Tina.
4.  Kelly & Christy's definitely one team.  Either Nick & Starr or Andrew & Dan is the other team.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »
*One racer conducts an overly-thorough, squirm-inducing search for a clue in a bird's home

:lol:  well we have the The Jain Bird Hospital for one bird's home:

Address – Digambar Jain Temple Compund, Opposite Red Fort, Delhi

How to Reach – The best way to reach is to take a metro from Rajiv Chowk (Connaught Place) to Chandni Chowk and a rickshaw from there onwards. One could also take an auto or a bus to Chandni Chowk (not recommended due to the traffic situation in Old Delhi)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 10:52:33 PM »
Also way back when we speculated, based on the production pictures that perhaps hauling grains from here to there might be a detour option but then again at the time we didn't know about the "speedbump" this leg so ..

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
like in TARA 1

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:30 AM »
oh and i asked hubby about the HOLI festival

he said oh the festival of colours that is a good one

apparently this is the only time that they get to drink bhang legally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhang

see the key ingredient

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
maybe I am missing something, but I would like to know why the team being eliminated on the next episode would be
Dan/Andrew, Terence/Sarah or Kelly/Christy?

I know there's photo evidence of future legs for Nick/Starr and Toni/Dallas, but how about Ken/Tina? They were spotted somewhere too?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
maybe I am missing something, but I would like to know why the team being eliminated on the next episode would be
Dan/Andrew, Terence/Sarah or Kelly/Christy?

I know there's photo evidence of future legs for Nick/Starr and Toni/Dallas, but how about Ken/Tina? They were spotted somewhere too?

Ken/Tina are spoiled to the second last leg, which is where we think (well not we, but the spoiler implies) that they are eliminated. In the past leg there was a confessional from Ken in Moscow where he is talking about bad directions -- so that adds to my thinking of them being eliminated in Moscow.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »
nothing new here~

TWO UNLIKELY TEAMS JOIN FORCES TO CRACK A DETOUR,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, NOV. 9

"My Nose Is On Fire" — A strict Indian shopkeeper leaves a team teary eyed with a crushing Detour, while another racer conducts an overly-thorough, squirm-inducing search for a clue in a bird's home, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »
Next on The Amazing Race:
My Nose Is On Fire
*One racer conducts an overly-thorough, squirm-inducing search for a clue in a bird's home.
*A strict Indian shopkeeper leaves one team teary eyed with a crushing Detour.
*A colorful Roadblock is no party for one racer when they face plant into the ground
*and two unlikely teams join forces to crack a Detour that confounds teams who work alone.

1) Misreading the clue? First off, the roadblock is another needle-in-a-haystack task. The designated team member has to run around the complex where this recreation of the Holi festival is taking place and find the ladders scatterred everywhere (you can see them in some of the clip-grabs)

Climb a ladder and you're faced with an assortment of different colored clue envelopes. The task is to take a clue envelope, run back to your partner, open the envelope and find out if you've chosen the right one or if you have to return and repeat the process (hence the running back and forth)

Now the bolded part might be someone searching (literally) a bird's nest for a clue, not knowing exactly what to do (remember the lets-dig-for-our-box-in-the-sand?). Just my two cents.
_____

2) Peppers, peppers, peppers... Just like that mean (thank god!) lady that eliminated Ray and Deanna during that roadblock in Botswana
_____

3) uhhh... Belle Book, its clearly Kelly that faceplants after she trips over a bystander's leg
_____

4) The obvious guess is N/S and K/C although I do find it interesting how all of a sudden the editors decided to bring up some tension between K/C and Dandrew last episode..

another tidbit:

Ken does the Roadblock. Tina is shown trying to help guide him (somewhere above? in a higher elevation?) and she's harrassed as she returns to her post by the gates

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »
Phils diary  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Phil finds himself surrounded by cough inducing spices in a New Delhi market

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 07:00:27 PM »
Barry cracks me up!! :lol3:

But confirmed now! Chilis= Detour! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
Phil at the Roadblock

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »
I thought it was most likely Kelly, but I put in Tina's name just in case it wasn't Kelly.

I didn't know that Ken & Tina were spotted in Moscow, but I did see the "Next Week" segment after the episode and Tina was clearly seen in it, as were Kelly & Christy.  More often than not, a team that's prominently featured in the upcoming preview isn't Philiminated, so that's why I decided that Ken & Tina and Kelly & Christy both make it out of India, even if only Ken & Tina are definitely known to have done so.  Terence & Sarah and Andrew & Dan are the only ones who are neither featured in the previews nor are definitely mentioned to have made it past India, so that's why they are the ones I was choosing between for the team that is Philiminated in India.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
Heres the Ken in Moscow screencap and the Ken and Tina sighting in Moscow (leg 10)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
I bet Barry had Johnny Cash the next morning

(ring of fire)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »

(ring of fire)
  omg patlini :lol:

I had a friend that was dared to try a hot chili pepper and he took a nibble, bringing on the reddest face I've ever seen as well as uncontrollable hiccups. We thought for sure he was having heart failure.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »
Puddin - I bet they make my skin tingle.   doesn't Phil say barry's head is red

my brother always sings that song after a good curry   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »
A few frames from a short commercial

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
Who is this? Ken?

Kelly,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:07:48 PM by puddin »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »
Could it be Andrew (or Dan)? Ken had on a L/S shirt when he running (then again, he was also not covered it paint)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Hopefully we get a better commercial tonight  :jumpy:

Whoever it is looks, well, fat!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »

(ring of fire)
  omg patlini :lol:

I had a friend that was dared to try a hot chili pepper and he took a nibble, bringing on the reddest face I've ever seen as well as uncontrollable hiccups. We thought for sure he was having heart failure.

I wouldn't have dared try a hot chili pepper!  I hate spicy stuff -- I don't really handle it well.

Belle Book

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »
Ken's passing by Ramesh Publishing House, which is in Nai Sarak, a center for books, stationery and also some fabric shops.
Slowhatch, great work! Were you also able to find Jiwan JPH Books and ARG, where Dandrew are standing looking lost? Are they near the Ramesh Pub House (4457 Nai Sadak) where Ken is?
I found a Jiwan JPH books in Preet Vihar - too far away. But there is a  ARG Calendars at 4094 Nai Sadak, so likely that where they are - since it looks like they ARE in Nai Sadak , they can't be tooo lost.. 
Also, why is Lawrence Travels in the photos? That's on Janpath near Connaught place - maybe they buy tix for Kazakhstan there?

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »
For my 2c - the detour looks like it's between "Grind something hot" or "Haul something hot" (those sacks of spices on the cart).  The bird's home thing is likely the speedbump, since the roadblock is clearly the fake holi.

I wonder if the "bird" refers to those fortunetelling parrots you find in cages all over India? These are really cool, btw, the parrot comes out, takes a gander at you and pulls out a card from a stack with its beak, and the guy then reads your fortune off the card.  I found it at least as accurate as astrology  :lol: