Author Topic: Which team gets served with some hard time?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Which team gets served with some hard time?
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »
 :'(  Well we are approaching the half way mark (Damn you CBS, Damn you to hell!)

Is Terence pulled over for speeding or just because he's an ass?  How fast do you think he was going if for speeding?

Does Nick & Starr cement themselves as "team evil"?

Is Puddin back in time for this episode?

Because seriously 2 pages for this episode, whens the last time 4 days before an episode aired that we only had two pages?

Who do you think gets #1 this week?

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
Re: Which team gets served with some hard time?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:21:26 PM »
Is Terence pulled over for speeding or just because he's an ass?  How fast do you think he was going if for speeding? Speeding in the car doing 15 MPH over the speed limit and Speeding with his mouth (running it constantly in his whiny voice

Does Nick & Starr cement themselves as "team evil"? Team Drama Queen is more like it

Is Puddin back in time for this episode? Is the Pope Catholic?

Because seriously 2 pages for this episode, whens the last time 4 days before an episode aired that we only had two pages? I'll guess Never

Who do you think gets #1 this week? Give me Toni and Dallas

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Because seriously 2 pages for this episode, whens the last time 4 days before an episode aired that we only had two pages? I'll guess Never

Oh, puh-leez!!  :groan:  A little spoiled are we??

We have pages and pages and months of work on this episode alone in the spoiler thread--it is probably one of the best detailed legs we have EVER had (excepting perhaps Dubrovnik).

It is all there: times, places, maps, routes, tasks, sightings, spoilers galore. etc. :yess:

We even have production shots of the contestants and Phil in action here... which is something you never ever get to see.

Just because it is not served up nicely all in one place does not negate the hours of hard work that has been done by all of the Detectives.

So kick back, browse the spoilers starting here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15356.msg300226.html#msg300226

and if I get some spare time I'll try to help bring some goodies over to the episode thread for those who don't want to wade through the as-it-happened fun...   :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline randomnzer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
Is Terence pulled over for speeding or just because he's an ass?  How fast do you think he was going if for speeding? Speeding in the car doing 15 MPH over the speed limit and Speeding with his mouth (running it constantly in his whiny voice

It looks like they're driving on the motorway, which could have a speed limit anywhere between 70-100km/hr depending on where they are. The tolerance which the police use is 10km/hr - you're in big trouble (instance licence disqualification + prosecution) if you go 50km/hr over the speed limit. Unless he was doing something very stupid, he would have probably ended up with a speeding ticket and a stern warning, rather than anything serious.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:10:30 PM »
This is New Zealand we are talking about. Where was the last time you saw a speeding ticket issued on reality television? My last time was for ARA1 driving between Dunedin and Queenstown. Now, Andy was going about 36km/hr over the speed limit, so he definitely deserved one. If Terence was going only 15 km/hr over the speed limit, I will bet he did not end up with a ticket. If he was more than that, I'll bet he got a ticket.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 04:45:38 PM »

Oh, puh-leez!!  :groan:  A little spoiled are we??

Spoiled me, but of course.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »
Is Terence pulled over for speeding or just because he's an ass?  How fast do you think he was going if for speeding?  For speeding, although he's also something of an ass.  He was probably driving 15 miles above the speed limit and might not get a ticket.

Does Nick & Starr cement themselves as "team evil"?  Oh yeah!

Is Puddin back in time for this episode?  I think so.

Because seriously 2 pages for this episode, whens the last time 4 days before an episode aired that we only had two pages?  No idea, and I don't think I really care.

Who do you think gets #1 this week?  Terence & Sarah (surprisingly enough).

Who's eliminated:  See ya later, Aja & Ty.  Alternative scenario is that it's a non-elimination leg and they're hit with the Speed Bump.

Belle Book

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
This is New Zealand we are talking about. Where was the last time you saw a speeding ticket issued on reality television? My last time was for ARA1 driving between Dunedin and Queenstown. Now, Andy was going about 36km/hr over the speed limit, so he definitely deserved one. If Terence was going only 15 km/hr over the speed limit, I will bet he did not end up with a ticket. If he was more than that, I'll bet he got a ticket.

randomnzer is correct that in NZ it is generally accepted that you won't get pulled over for speeding unless your speed at least 10 kph (approx 6.5 mph) over the posted limit. Up to 15 kph (approx 9.5 mph) over the limit, the police officer does have discretion on whether to issue a ticket or just a warning after pulling you over and talking to you, but if you are doing above 15 kph over it is a guaranteed ticket up to 50 kph (approx 30mph) over the limit, where you lose your licence automatically and have to go to court.