Author Topic: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"  (Read 119380 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2008, 11:21:11 PM »
 :2cents: I agree, the falcon business (do they bother to go to the Sunkar farm? probably not, the horses need room to do their thing) is just route info. The cavalry (as well as most of the stuff we saw in the introflashes) is just window dressing. Still not sure about Dandrew walking the boonies.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »
^^ I'll guess they are walking the boonies on a trail to the falcons.

Gosh a team is really leaving this week. I am not emotionally prepared for anyone but Dandrew to leave  :lol:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2008, 06:34:42 AM »
I seem to remember that gingerman28 was pretty good at putting together a time line of events for TAR episodes.  I could sure use one for this episode, especially with the new screencaps.
Gingerman is too busy chasing his wench around Dracula's castle  :lol:  :-[  ;) , and I miss his summaries too gator!

If anyone wants to take a shot at it please do !!

I'll guess but I know its not what you want gator
from airport
Hours of operation at the Chicken plant
Roadblock/ Chickens find the golden egg and the Fast Forward = eat Sheep's ass
Nomad Falcon thingy after the Roadblock get clue to detours
Detour = Deliver something by crane/trucks
Detour = Find the milk place in the cow costume
U-Turn? Dallas & Toni
pitstop

puddin,

Thanks for the help.

gator

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2008, 06:48:25 AM »
from airport
Hours of operation at the Chicken plant
Roadblock/ Chickens find the golden egg and the Fast Forward = eat Sheep's ass
Nomad Falcon thingy after the Roadblock get clue to detours
Detour = Deliver something by crane/trucks
Detour = Find the milk place in the cow costume
U-Turn? Dallas & Toni
pitstop

Here are my thoughts about when the FF clue surfaces.
  • CBS wants us to think the FF clue is in the box that all teams race toward because Hours of Operation bunched the teams
    • If all teams get the FF clue at the same time, more of the teams are likely to try for the FF, creating more drama
    • We all know this, but I will state it again, Ken & Tina are not eligible for the FF
    • If the FF clue surfaces at the end of the Roadblock, Nick/Starr and toT/Sarah likely finish the Roadblock close together - It would be tough to go for a FF if you think a team has a strong lead on you
I look forward to your comments

Offline jose

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2008, 07:03:55 AM »

how long have u been here, i think i can help out  :wohoo:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
Horse & carriage

Is this important or just filler?  I am leaning towards filler.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
The FF is most likely the first clue.

And i believe the Detour is before the Roadblock? I think it is mentioned that the 30,000 chickens is a Roadblock, while another clue says teams pass many chickens to the pitstop?

Am i right? :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:09 AM »
The FF is most likely the first clue.

And i believe the Detour is before the Roadblock? I think it is mentioned that the 30,000 chickens is a Roadblock, while another clue says teams pass many chickens to the pitstop?

Am i right? :duno:
The Roadblock has to be first, we hear Tina at the airport getting in the cab say go to Alel Agro chicken plant and then we see the teams bunched at the gate, the person letting them in the gate is wearing the white overalls and green foot thngys that we see Tina slip on.

The Fast Forward is at Alel Agro cluebox so is before @ the Roadblock. Phil even says "a fast forward race determines who jumps ahead ..", watch the videos.

Horse & carriage

Is this important or just filler?  I am leaning towards filler.

Probably pretty shots of Almaty, a filler.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
If the first task is a ROADBLOCK at the Chicken Factory  - to find the golden egg - why is Dan holding a RED ROADBLOCK ENVELOPE in his hand when he and Andrew are riding in the cab of the red crane truck (they are lost and can't find their way to wherever they are going.)

And I wonder what the shot of the three peasant women sitting on the bench means.  They each place a coin into the hand of someone passing by.

At least TPTB hid Terrance behind a tree when he throws up whatever he managed to eat.

And one unaccounted for shot of Andrew and Dan following a marked path (not orange and yellow arrow on a stake in bg) heading to wherever the horsemen are (and they probably are native Kazaks, and not Mongolian)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
Maybe if we ask Chateau real nice he can give us a time estimate, which team might be ahead  :jam:

The confessional is here about the 8:30 mark

Dallas: when I ask my mom to step it up, she does, shes able to push herself, there's times where she needs a break and uh, and I wouldn't expect her to go all out all the time

I'd say Terance & Sarah's is later than Toni & Dallas.  Both are very close to sunset at 8 pm.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »
If the first task is a ROADBLOCK at the Chicken Factory  - to find the golden egg - why is Dan holding a RED ROADBLOCK ENVELOPE in his hand when he and Andrew are riding in the cab of the red crane truck (they are lost and can't find their way to wherever they are going.)

They might just have that envelope out because the teams are supposed to keep all their clues before they check in at the Pit Stop. It could still be from earlier in the leg.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP8:11/16 "I’m Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »

I'd say Terance & Sarah's is later than Toni & Dallas.  Both are very close to sunset at 8 pm.
Thank you Chateau  :hearts:

And I wonder what the shot of the three peasant women sitting on the bench means.  They each place a coin into the hand of someone passing by.

At least TPTB hid Terrance behind a tree when he throws up whatever he managed to eat.

And one unaccounted for shot of Andrew and Dan following a marked path (not orange and yellow arrow on a stake in bg) heading to wherever the horsemen are (and they probably are native Kazaks, and not Mongolian)

Maybe they have to deliver the golden egg by crane GMan and that why we see the red clue  :funny:? or maybe they haven't put the clue away yet? they don't discard them after the task so? I dunno! I'm hoping for some new scenes during the ND/Navy game!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:54:57 PM by puddin »

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
Maybe they get the Roadblock clue with the FF clue.

Nick/Starr and Terrance/Sarah both dont do the RB and go for the FF

Thus when Terrance and Sarah loose they have to "go back" because they need to do the roadblock back at the place they left.   Otherwise Terrance saying "we need to go back" makes no sense.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Thanks Chateau and I hope you are right.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
Teams usually get the roadblock clue with whatever task is first for the leg.

In this one its the one where we see the race between Andrew & Dan and Nick & Starr for grabbing the clue (no idea who opens it first, since both partners must be near them to do so).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2008, 03:44:39 PM »
Nick grabs the clue out of Dans hand who gets there first and you can see the red and green cards in Nicks hand

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
Well, if Terence & Sarah's confessional is later than Toni & Dallas's, that means Toni & Dallas make it past Kazakhstan at least.

Belle Book

Offline DrAw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »
Sarah looks like a zombie in that pic lol ^
and also...i don't see how Terrence & Sarah could recover from the FF, especially against Toni & Dallas who have one of the ebst placements on this season, coming in 2nd or 3rd for the past few legs. I do believe Nick and Starr achieve the FF, putting them in first, breaking records.

1. Nick & Starr

There is no evidence as to where Ken & Tina is, so i figure they probably have a really good leg if they aren't featured in any of the previews.

2. Ken & Tina

I don't think there is a U-Turn on this leg. There would be no chance for the team with the fast forward to use it, they never put those things on the same leg. So Toni & Dallas should have pretty smooth sailing. I also checked the weather reports for Almaty on that day and it seems it was sunny earlier on and then overcast came in later, and its clear that Toni & Dallas have a sunny interview, putting them ahead of T&S

3. Toni & Dallas

As much as i'd love to see Dandrew get the hell out of the game, i think T&S were a little unlucky here. However, in their interview they look happy as hell. And knowing Terrence, he'd be whining like a complete baby. So it's either non-elimination(which is not the case) or T&S are safe. The other thing is maybe they are talking about losing their passports, laughing it off.

4. Terrence & Sarah
5. Dan & Andrew - Eliminated

perhaps its wishful thinking there. But one of the above two i'm almost certain will come in last. Otherwise this race is just not worth watching Dandrew come in second last!

* May i add that Phil said a team that always makes dumb mistakes will not finish the race because of it. I would guess this is T&S because on the second leg they totally bipassed the taxi parking lot and waited for a long time doing nothing. And in the episode prior to this, they went through the bird pens, shifting through the birdseed to find a clue.

i'd also like to add this from www.ctv.ca
-Racers have a close encounter of the bird kind when 30,000 chickens cross their road to the pit stop. Teams encounter Mongol warriors and receive clues via Falcon Delivery. In a haste to avoid elimination, one team leaves behind something very important. And a team takes a huge risk only to find they can't stomach the meat from a sheep's rear.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:10:39 PM by DrAw »
TAR16 Teams:
Dan & Jordan, Steve & Allie

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains:
Parvati, Russel, Jerri, Colby

American Idol 9:
Lee, Crystal

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »
Well, if Terence & Sarah's confessional is later than Toni & Dallas's, that means Toni & Dallas make it past Kazakhstan at least.

That may be a dangerous leap to make.  The confessionals could be filmed when teams are ready.   When they are ready may not be in the same order as they arrived.   ;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2008, 10:45:08 PM »

That may be a dangerous leap to make.  The confessionals could be filmed when teams are ready.   When they are ready may not be in the same order as they arrived.   ;)
Exactly Chateau. This is not the actual pitstop, well most likely not, as pointed out by Chateau, rather its a place where they set them up to do interviews. No way to know which team is ahead of what team but it gives us some hope :popcorn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »

I don't think there is a U-Turn on this leg. There would be no chance for the team with the fast forward to use it, they never put those things on the same leg.

I agree DrAw  :tup:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2008, 01:55:59 AM »
In TAR history it seems that even a team lost the FF battle still managed to survive in that leg.

For example:
TAR 4 - Kelly/Jon in Malaysia (beat by Richien/Chip), finished 4 out of 5
TAR 6 - Jonathan/Victora in France (beat by Adam/Rebecca), finished 5 out of 6
TAR 7 - Rob/Amber in South Africa (beat by Ray/Deana), finished 5 out of 7
TAR 9 - Joseph/Monica in Greece (beat by Eric/Jeremy), finished 2 out of 6
TAR 9 - Ray/Yolanda in Thailand (beat by BJ/Tyler), finished 3 out of 4

So even Nick/Starr or Terence/Sarah failed to win the FF, from statistics it does not necessarily mean that they would get eliminated.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2008, 04:28:29 AM »
In TAR history it seems that even a team lost the FF battle still managed to survive in that leg.

For example:

So even Nick/Starr or Terence/Sarah failed to win the FF, from statistics it does not necessarily mean that they would get eliminated.

Good statistics. But at the same time, are there any teams who went for the FF and got eliminated because they didn't get it? I know Brandon and Nicole didn't get their FF and wasn't eliminated. Nobody snatched the FF with Nic/Don, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim and David/Mary got their own FF, Oswald/Danny and Uchenna/Joyce got their own FF as well. Maybe... a season of firsts remember?

Well. Maybe not. Momily got eliminated (dang, they could have not been eliminated) because they missed the FF. :(

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »

For example:

Good statistics. But at the same time, are there any teams who went for the FF and got eliminated because they didn't get it? I know Brandon and Nicole didn't get their FF and wasn't eliminated. Nobody snatched the FF with Nic/Don, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim and David/Mary got their own FF, Oswald/Danny and Uchenna/Joyce got their own FF as well. Maybe... a season of firsts remember?

Well. Maybe not. Momily got eliminated (dang, they could have not been eliminated) because they missed the FF. :(

In my mind, I don't remember any situation where a team was eliminated in a FF fight.
Brandon/Nicole's case is different because they just gave up but not beat by another team.
Nancy/Emily could have survived even losing the FF, they were eliminated because of other mistake (not finishing detour).

And here are more examples:
Derek/Drew in TAR 3 failed to get the FF in Leg 1 (Mexico) but still avoided elimination, finished 11 out of 12.
Andrew/Dan failed to get the FF in New Zealand (Leg 4) but finished 6 out of 8.

I remember that only Mary/Peach were eliminated because of not getting the FF in Hong Kong.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »

i'd also like to add this from www.ctv.ca
- In a haste to avoid elimination, one team leaves behind something very important. And a team takes a huge risk only to find they can't stomach the meat from a sheep's rear.

Perhaps the thing left behind is the Golden Egg which teams were supposed to carry with them to the pit stop.  In past TARs teams have located something and had to carry it with them to the end.