Author Topic: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"  (Read 119381 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »
Although it's sad to be eliminated like that..

But the best scenario for me now would be -

Phil: Andrew and Dan, you're team number #1!
Andrew: We beat the Fast Forward!
Dan: Dang! We're good racers!
Andrew: I told you we rock and we are faster than everyone else! I told you!!
Phil: :res: However, the both of you lost your passports. Thus you won't be able to continue on with the race and i'm sorry that both of you are the first team to arrive, first team to lose passports on the race and first team to be eliminated by such a dumb mistake. Bye bye. :waves:

:jumpy:

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
I'm quoting this from another site lol,

The host of TAR was on Extra and said one couple lost some valuables and important documentation and therefore was not able to continue. He also went on to say that they made sure the couple got home, that they have never stranded anyone anywhere in the 13 seasons of the Race http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/30/15348.page

ANOTHER site? You didn't need to go to another site - I posted this way back in Sep - lol
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15354.msg353890.html#msg353890

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »
OK, so here's a completely hypothetical (yet strangely plausible) scenario:
Nick & Starr and Terence & Sarah go for the FF.  N&S finish first (appears that way from the photos too) and take off. T&S realizing they've lost and have to go back and do the detour, take off in a huge hurry and leave their fanny pack under ther table - they're probably sick and nauseous at this stage anyways.  They do the detour, finishing (unsurprisingly) ahead of the hapless loserboys.  Phil tells them, "You're 4th team to arrive. Congratulations you're still in the race!".  And they hug and kiss and cheer and then take off their backpacks to kick back and relax- and find their fanny pack is gone!

Meanwhile the loserboys arrive and Phil tells them " You're in last place. But the good news is your incredible luck has triumphed over your (vast) ineptitude yet again, and I reluctantly have to tell you you're still in the race". 

And then Philiminates T&S.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 06:56:15 PM by sunnyca »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »

ANOTHER site? You didn't need to go to another site - I posted this way back in Sep - lol
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15354.msg353890.html#msg353890
Thats why Michael was crowned the King of the Village Idiots ;)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
Nick & Starr and Terence & Sarah go for the FF.  N&S finish first (appears that way from the photos too) and take off. T&S realizing they've lost and have to go back and do the detour, take off in a huge hurry and leave their fanny pack under ther table - they're probably sick and nauseous at this stage anyways.  They do the detour, finishing (unsurprisingly) ahead of the hapless loserboys.  Phil tells them, "You're 4th team to arrive. Congratulations you're still in the race!".  And they hug and kiss and cheer and then take off their backpacks to kick back and relax- and find their fanny pack is gone!

Meanwhile the loserboys arrive and Phil tells them " You're in last place. But the good news is your incredible luck has triumphed over your ineptitute yet again, and I reluctantly have to tell you you're still in the race". 

And then Philiminates T&S.  :'(

Interesting.  We are all focused on DAndrew being the ones who lose their passports (BVM interview).  Maybe it is actually another team. :duno:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:13:12 PM by gator27 »

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »

Meanwhile the loserboys arrive and Phil tells them " You're in last place. But the good news is your incredible luck has triumphed over your ineptitute yet again, and I reluctantly have to tell you you're still in the race".  And then Philiminates T&S.  :'(

Interesting.  We are all focus on DAndrew being the ones who lose their passports (BVM interview).  Maybe it is actually another team. :duno:

I'm just going by the fact that Dandrew are actually seen in Portland, whereas T&S aren't seen again (yes, there's a brown haired pair that IS seen, but that could be Toni & Dallas?)

*EDIT* Although I went back & read the description and it DOES sound more like T&S :
"i don't recognize the teams i saw from any of those pics- the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn."

But I still like my scenario - maybe Belle Book could use it in a future episode  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:09:01 PM by sunnyca »

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »
Do we know people loose a passport in this leg or the next.  Because that sounds more like the blunder that costs a team from finishing the final leg.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
Do we know people loose a passport in this leg or the next.  Because that sounds more like the blunder that costs a team from finishing the final leg.
Everyone is assuming from this clue "in a haste to avoid elimination, one team leaves behind something very important" that it is this leg. For all we know its the golden egg or something.
The unprecedented mistake thread is here if you all want to make a guess whatever there.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »
Everyone is assuming from this clue "in a haste to avoid elimination, one team leaves behind something very important" that it is this leg. For all we know its the golden egg or something.
The unprecedented mistake thread is here if you all want to make a guess whatever there.

The Queen has spoken!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »

The Queen has spoken!

If the teams lose their passports here in Almaty, they still would have time to get a replacement from the Embassy (in emergencies it only takes a few hours to get a replacement) and then the teams would be able to still reach the finish line in Portland, OR.  But the advance info is that because they lose the passports they can't join the rest of the teams at the finish line.  So I assume they must lose them on the penultimate leg in Moscow.  Perhaps they are part of the final three, and realize they have lost their passports when they try to leave Moscow in the race of the final three to the finish line.  No way hoozay will the Reds let someone leave the country without their passports and entry visas.

The King has spoken!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP8:11/16 "I’m Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

The Queen has spoken!

If the teams lose their passports here in Almaty, they still would have time to get a replacement from the Embassy (in emergencies it only takes a few hours to get a replacement) and then the teams would be able to still reach the finish line in Portland, OR.  But the advance info is that because they lose the passports they can't join the rest of the teams at the finish line.  So I assume they must lose them on the penultimate leg in Moscow.  Perhaps they are part of the final three, and realize they have lost their passports when they try to leave Moscow in the race of the final three to the finish line.  No way hoozay will the Reds let someone leave the country without their passports and entry visas.

The King has spoken!
Took you long enough!! Finally the wise man speaks!! :jumpy: :crown :bow:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »
Anybody know what these are?
During this fellow's trip to Zhetygen, he noticed Mig-29s and Su-24s; since I can only see one fin, I'll go with Su-24 Fencer. (thanks, btw. During my searching, I came across a new word--Roundel--and a new database  :js:)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2008, 09:05:59 PM »
Cool, Slowhatch.  I think you got it (I see same tail to wing relation with Su-24)  Here is your monument

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »
Roundels  :lol:

Guess who's air force this is:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2008, 09:58:33 PM »

Ah thanks.

I was thinking that shot of Dandrew fighting on the grass is them lost looking for something.  What is an episode this season without Dandrew racing trying to avoid elimination.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »

Ooooh! That's a tough one....british colours and a small flightless bird....hmmm...let me guess...Mongolia....no.....Egypt.....no.....hmmm...have to give up...hang on, maybe it's Iceland. Yeah, I'll put all my money on Iceland thanks. :hides

.....do I win a prize? :nopoints

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2008, 12:10:21 AM »
For the D/T and T/S confessionals it's possible:

Terrence is using the fact that he's a vegan/vegetarian as an reason why they didn't finish the FF fast enough.  And maybe got eliminated.

Dallas may be doing the same thing in that he was praising his mom and then added that he doesn't expect her to go all out all of the time.  Possibly Toni took too long to find the golden egg which resulted in them being eliminated.

I feel that it's totally up in the air as to who is eliminated this week.  It seems the only for sure to not be eliminated is N/S and probably K/T.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »
For the D/T and T/S confessionals it's possible:

Terrence is using the fact that he's a vegan/vegetarian as an reason why they didn't finish the FF fast enough.  And maybe got eliminated.

Dallas may be doing the same thing in that he was praising his mom and then added that he doesn't expect her to go all out all of the time.  Possibly Toni took too long to find the golden egg which resulted in them being eliminated.

I feel that it's totally up in the air as to who is eliminated this week.  It seems the only for sure to not be eliminated is N/S and probably K/T.

I guess they can always throw in another NEL? Mix it up you know?
Again.. last season the first FF came in leg 5 and went unused
The second FF came at leg 7, Don and Nicks tattoos and it was a NEL.
The second NEL came in leg 9 ....

What I'm saying is maybe we can expect the unexpected?

Season 13
First FF leg 5
NEL leg 6
Second FF leg 8
Second NEL? << I'm expecting it to be the next leg but isn't that obvious? predictable?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:49 AM »
I think it will go like this:

This leg = FF, Elimination. Final Four.
Russia leg 1 = NEL
Russia leg 2 = Elimination. Final three. (already, wow it went fast)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »

Russia leg 1 = NEL
"expect the unexpected" << OMG I am so cursed by BB  (:;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 01:35:16 AM »

Russia leg 1 = NEL
"expect the unexpected" << OMG I am so cursed by BB  (:;)

BUT FIRST!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP8:11/16 "I’m Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2008, 01:47:13 AM »
What has become of this thread?  :funny: :groan:

migs, air force, Julie Chen *sigh*, and that's just this page! (actually 2 pages its worse than I thought)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »

Too easy, as that is a kiwi. It is the symbol of the New Zealand Air Force. I'm pretty certain Mrs. Shrek knows that and was playing around by suggesting Iceland(where there definitely no kiwis).

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2008, 06:33:44 AM »
Apskip, please! Of course it's Mauritius, home of the dodo! Compare... :lol:

(Geez, still wondering why they chose a bird that, well, can't fly.)

Erm, topic?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:42:00 AM by Neobie »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »
:tup: Restaurant Alasha in Almaty  :snicker:

eta: (interesting they eat Uzbek cuisine in Kazakhstan)  :groan:

UZBEK CUISINE

ALASHA RESTAURANT: One of the very authentic restaurants to go in the city. Uzbek dances, live music. Good atmosphere, excellent design.

Marat Ospanov street, 20. Close to Dostyk ave corner. +7(727) 2540700

plates

Looking at some of the food on the plate it looks like this sounds:

"Traditionally Kazakh cuisine offers many meat dishes. One of the most popular dishes is kuirdak - hot fatty dish made from roasted sheep's liver, kidney, heart, lungs and fat."

My source - http://www.sairamtour.com/centralasia/ca_05_2.html

My question to you map experts, how far out of the way is the FF challenge?  Would Terrence and Sarah lose much time traveling to and from FF to the next task?