Author Topic: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"  (Read 119365 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: EP8:11/16 "I知 Like an Angry Cow"
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2008, 05:20:45 AM »
Anyway, i don't like the idea whenever they gave them horribly lame tasks. What's with dressing up as a cow and finding something?... T_T

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2008, 06:42:56 AM »
Nope, I think the interviews are done at a different location, maybe where they spend the night.
I can see that happening Chateau  :tup:

And maybe part of the Roadblock, like you mentioned, is taking the golden egg to point b to get your next clue to the Detour?

So maybe the Nomads and Falcon are window dressings, like the teams first task of the day?
Hit hours of operation
Roadblock/Golden Egg = we see Toni and Tina egging it
>> Cranes (maybe a part of the Roadblock?)= we see Toni and Dallas / Dandrew
Fast Forward/ sheep ass = Nick and Starr / Terence and Sarah
one Detour dress up like a cow in search of a milk stand
possible Detour, something to do with the cranes or something to do with the Nomads and Falcon

This may not be conclusive, but the red clue here make it look like the crane task is a Roadblock.

Who is sitting to the right (left side of the picture) of the Frat boy with the Roadblock clue?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2008, 07:01:27 AM »
You have to think that that gentleman with Andrew in the cab is a driver who responds to the directions that he is given. In other words, Dan/Andrew have to provide the navigation, probably to the remote site where the falcons are.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2008, 07:53:25 AM »
You have to think that that gentleman with Andrew in the cab is a driver who responds to the directions that he is given. In other words, Dan/Andrew have to provide the navigation, probably to the remote site where the falcons are.

apskip,

I did see the driver in the picture  :tup:.  But I am curious who is wearing the light blue coat in the bottom left of the picture. 

My thinking is that if both Dan and Andrew are in the crane, it is not a Roadblock, but rather a different task.  And that the cranes would be after the Roadblock.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »
gator 27,

My guess is that it is Dan or the soundman. The angle the picture is taken makes it almost impossible for the cameraman to be sitting in that position indicated by the blue coat.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2008, 09:49:40 AM »
Is this episode the last one we have confirmation of Toni & Dallas in it, because I am going to cry.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »
mswood, you can cry if you wish. However, the only team that appears certain to be in the final 3 is Nick/Starr. That currently leaves 4 teams fighting for the other 2 spots. After Sunday the odds will be 3 teams fighting for 2 spots(unless it is NEL which I don't expect). The reason for the lack of information is presumably related to having few blogs from people in or visiting Moscow from around May 10 to 13.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
gator 27,

My guess is that it is Dan or the soundman. The angle the picture is taken makes it almost impossible for the cameraman to be sitting in that position indicated by the blue coat.

It's Dan.  In the 1 min. internet preview, at 37 secs, Dan and Andrew are shown.

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »
Thanks for the preview link. How funny is it that Starr seems to have a stronger stomach than Nick? And Terrence may be explaining why they chose to abandon the FF.

My thought is that Starr has a weaker stomach.  It seems to me that Starr is not eating and is coaching Nick.

Maybe Starr didn't want to do FF and Nick said he would eat it all so they could win FF.

Both of their plates look empty and clean.  Maybe those are just base plates for the dish the food is served in.  It also could be at the end of eating and Starr is okay but Nick is about to loose it and Starr is telling him it's okay.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
Yes its Dan whos flapping his hands around as usual :nut:  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »
plates

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »
Is this episode the last one we have confirmation of Toni & Dallas in it, because I am going to cry.
Only Nick and Starr & Ken and Tina are safe this episode per Moscow which should be leg 10, Moscows second leg. Sorry mswood.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »
I'm quoting this from another site lol,

The host of TAR was on Extra and said one couple lost some valuables and important documentation and therefore was not able to continue. He also went on to say that they made sure the couple got home, that they have never stranded anyone anywhere in the 13 seasons of the Race

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/15/15348.page

I will have to favor the loss of their passports. They are kept in that special fanny pac with all the other documents they have to keep safe, like route markers and detour/roadblock clues. If they lost that bag, then at a minimum it would be 48 hours to get a new passport re-issued so they could continue on. By then the production company crews would be so far down the race, that the route markers/detours/roadblocks would have been finished. It sounds to me like it took so long to resolve, that they couldnt even get to the finish line to join in the finish.

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/30/15348.page

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
Thanks for the preview link. How funny is it that Starr seems to have a stronger stomach than Nick? And Terrence may be explaining why they chose to abandon the FF.

My thought is that Starr has a weaker stomach.  It seems to me that Starr is not eating and is coaching Nick.

Maybe Starr didn't want to do FF and Nick said he would eat it all so they could win FF.

Both of their plates look empty and clean.  Maybe those are just base plates for the dish the food is served in.  It also could be at the end of eating and Starr is okay but Nick is about to loose it and Starr is telling him it's okay.

I think Starr finishes before Nick and then starts coaching him.  You can see in pictures of T & Sarah that they each have a plate of "food".  So for the FF each team member must clean their plate. :iok

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »
Yes its Dan whos flapping his hands around as usual :nut:  :lol:

Thanks team.  And you even showed me that Dan has a non-Roadblock clue.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »

The host of TAR was on Extra and said one couple lost some valuables and important documentation and therefore was not able to continue. He also went on to say that they made sure the couple got home, that they have never stranded anyone anywhere in the 13 seasons of the Race

I will have to favor the loss of their passports. They are kept in that special fanny pac with all the other documents they have to keep safe, like route markers and detour/roadblock clues. If they lost that bag, then at a minimum it would be 48 hours to get a new passport re-issued so they could continue on. By then the production company crews would be so far down the race, that the route markers/detours/roadblocks would have been finished. It sounds to me like it took so long to resolve, that they couldnt even get to the finish line to join in the finish.

Posting error.  see below
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:13:32 PM by gator27 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
Maybe if we ask Chateau real nice he can give us a time estimate, which team might be ahead  :jam:

The confessional is here about the 8:30 mark

Dallas: when I ask my mom to step it up, she does, shes able to push herself, there's times where she needs a break and uh, and I wouldn't expect her to go all out all the time

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
I will give that a shot.

Anybody know what these are?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
Airplanes.  Bombers.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »
 :lol:  looks like a Soviet SU-24 swing wing aircraft.... or MIG-23/27   :duno:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:51:41 PM by Boingo »

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »
On second thought, I'll go with you Boingo on the MiG

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/mig-23.htm

They are deployed in Kazakstan.  No TU-160's there.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2008, 05:12:38 PM »

Hmmm.  What if the team that lost what we are presuming to be passports are not the last team to the PitStop?  Are you Philiminated if you do not bring all your race clues?

How about this:  Team Lose your Passport arrives 4th.  Team in 5th Philiminated.  At teh start of the next leg, Team Lose your Passport cannot get out of K-stan, thus are Philiminated.

Or this:  Team Lose your Passport arrives 4th.  Team in 5th arrives, but Phil tells them he has good and bad news.  The bad news is that you are last.  The good news, one team was dumb enough to lose their passports and are stuck in K-stan for a few days, so you get to continue on the race!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »

Hmmm.  What if the team that lost what we are presuming to be passports are not the last team to the PitStop?  Are you Philiminated if you do not bring all your race clues?

How about this:  Team Lose your Passport arrives 4th.  Team in 5th Philiminated.  At teh start of the next leg, Team Lose your Passport cannot get out of K-stan, thus are Philiminated.

Or this:  Team Lose your Passport arrives 4th.  Team in 5th arrives, but Phil tells them he has good and bad news.  The bad news is that you are last.  The good news, one team was dumb enough to lose their passports and are stuck in K-stan for a few days, so you get to continue on the race!

My guess is that the team who loses the Passport arrives before at least one other team, and when the last team arrives Phil tells them that they are the last team to arrive -- however, one team was dumb enough to lose their passports and were stuck in Kazakhstan for a few days, so the team who lost their passports are Philiminated instead!  And I'll be dying of laughter!   :funny:

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
48 hours to issue a passport. I think from Kazakstan to 2 legs in Moscow. It fits perfectly?

Imagine if a team lost their passports and got eliminated on Leg 8 because of it..

And TAR fly to Moscow, completed a leg. Another 12 hours pitstop.
And completed another leg and another 12 hours pitstop.

That's even less than 2 days in total. (Teams won't need a total of 24 hours to complete the 2 legs worth of tasks?)

And if they are flying back to USA. I think the left behind team in Kazakstan, after finally getting their passports after 2 days.. will be on a race to find a flight back to USA when the final 3 teams are also flying back to USA as well? I think they might just miss joining the final 3 at the finishing line.

Anyone can check for the number of flights leaving Kazakstan to USA per day and how long does it take? I don't really know how to do flight checking..