Author Topic: So who do you like?  (Read 4321 times)

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
So who do you like?
« on: April 20, 2004, 11:55:19 AM »
How do you feel about the contestants that are left?  Has your favorite already gone home?  How do you think this season compares to previous?

Personally, I am pulling for George, Diana and Latoya - in that order.  I think that Fantasia has a good voice, but just not my style (although she did very well last week).  I wish that I could pull for John but I think that Simon was right on the money when he said that he has no charisma.  I also think that he is pretty limited in what he can sing.  I wish that Aime (sp?) had made it further than she did.

As far as this season, I do not have any one contestant in particular that I am pulling for like I was with Clay last season.  I seem to like the singers who bring something a little different to the table, but this season the ones that fit that description just do not have strong enough voices.

What do y'all think?

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: So who do you like?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 03:16:51 PM »
Papa
I do like your top 3.  I think George is great because he seems to have such a great personality and it shows when he sings.  I always smile when he is singing!!!!  I like Diana, she just seems really young to me but I think she will do well in the competition.  Not one of my favorites.  I love Jasmine.  I think she is adorable and I am rooting for her too.  They are my favorites, but who I think deserves to win is LaToya.  She has shined for every genre of music, even the country week which was out of her element!  I do not like John and I knew why when my grandparents told me how he was the best! HAHA!  He has a nice voice but bores the heck out of me.  And I do not like Fantasia.  Something about her rubs me the wrong way.  I dont like her attitude!
So......My top three are LaToya, Jasmine and George.  I still dont know what order though!!!!!

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:24:31 PM »
I like Jasmine too.  I think she had a couple of off weeks, but I sincerely hope that she does well from this point on.  She would definately be my #4 choice.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 07:34:07 PM »
George Huff  ;D ;D He gives me GooseBumps....then Latoya..... :D
Jasmine was just on..she had her best night!! ;D

CindiLou

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 08:29:49 PM »
Jennifer has improved the most so I like her. Fantasia, LaToya and Jasmine are also good.

My bottom three:

George
Diana
Jon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Oh for God Sakes ..I hope that red head John is gone tomorrow night  :P He Sucks :P
Why don't you like George CindiLou? Just curious??

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 08:06:48 AM »
I agree with your bottom 3 Cindilou.  I really like George but I think he had a really off night.  He may be in the bottom 3 but I dont think he will go tonight.  I really hope to see John go tonight.  He is just horrible.  I cannot beleive he has hung in there this long.

I do not like Fantasia though.  I know everyone likes her but she sounds like she is screaming when she sings.  Just not a fan.

Bottom 3
George
Jon ------- hope he goes tonight
Diana

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 08:47:05 AM »
As much as the judges raved about her, I think that the type of performance that Fantasia gave last night is an example of what many people do not like about her.  I think she has a very "Aretha Franklin" kind of voice and is very strong and a great performer, but not a style that many people like to listen to these days.  I think that she is going to be surprised when she finds herself in the bottom 3 in the next few weeks.

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 10:43:14 AM »
I agree papa!

I am glad that I am not the only one that feels that way about Fantasia.  I would like to see her on the 3 tonight.  Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!  cant Wait!

CindiLou

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 12:32:25 PM »
Puddin, I like George and his personality but I don't care for the way he sings. To me, the AI needs the "whole package" and he doesn't seem to have it. At least, not yet. Perhaps he will improve?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 01:47:05 PM »
PapaBear..I agree..Fantasia sounds soooooo much like Aretha Franklin. :D
You don't have to like George CindiLou.. ;) I understand..he has picked bad songs the last two weeks..but,there is something about his voice that gives me chills..I really hope that he doesn't leave tonight..I want John GONE :(..I have no idea why he's got this far?? Anyway ..I never was never hooked on AM before this time around..I think that its a tight competition..they are all excellent singers (Except John) I don't want any of them to go.. :D
Jasmine looked so relaxed last night..for the the first time ..I'm glad that she finally had a Great performance..as well as Diana ..but, it may have been to late for either of them?

My bottom 3
John
Diana
Jasmine..

CindiLou

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 12:44:51 AM »
I am never watching this show again. Obviously the people who phone in their vote care nothing about talent!