Author Topic: Episode 4 show updates and discussion  (Read 21865 times)

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
Re: Episode 4 show updates and discussion
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 01:14:14 AM »
Kelly&Christy are getting a Charla&Mirna like edit, editing is trying to make them look more incompetent and nasty then they actually are...
actually, they are pretty incompetent.  so far they do seem to have more trouble reading the clues than any one else.  but this time they did well to stay with the crushing in spite of the "spa" experience.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 01:22:28 AM »
i'm getting more impressed with toni & dallas all the time, especially toni. she did really well at altitude last time, and this time she was pretty smooth on the blokart - and was pretty cool with the warriors!  i think they're my fav team now - beat out nick & starr, who haven't shown up much in the last couple episodes.
ken & tina are doing fine while they're winning, but let's see when they aren't anymore.. it feels like a ticking bomb is waiting to go off.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »
Kelly&Christy are getting a Charla&Mirna like edit, editing is trying to make them look more incompetent and nasty then they actually are...

I can't judge their incompetence; they performed well on this leg, perticularly at the kiwi stomping task. However, I can judge nasty and they are totally nasty. I hope we don't have to put up with them much longer (although I know they will make it at least one more leg and with a TBC or NEL in Delhi two more legs). They are in thie competition to make all the other teams look better by the contrast to Kelly/Christy.

Also, I strongly challenge your statement about Mirna. She is the worst bitch ever on the Amazing Race although Charla is both competent and decent! Have you noticed that World Race Productions has not cast any lawyers after Mirna in AR5? There is a reason.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »
Firstly I hate football delays  :knuckles:

It messes with my whole TV experience on sunday's the Race then True Blood

and secondly my cable went out last night  (:;)

so no Phil or Vampire Bill

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
This was a great episode!!  Do we have any idea how Marisa & Brooke got so far behind everyone else, though?  Even behind Ty & Aja with their flat tire?  They must have gotten reeeeeally lost.

I know this isn't nice, but I didn't think Starr's arm looked that bad.  :duno:

My 2 favorite women are Toni and Sarah. That is one tough mom, and I continue to love Sarah - agree with you peach that she looked really pretty in this episode :) 

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
This was a great episode!!  Do we have any idea how Marisa & Brooke got so far behind everyone else, though?  Even behind Ty & Aja with their flat tire?  They must have gotten reeeeeally lost.

I know this isn't nice, but I didn't think Starr's arm looked that bad. 

Excellent question...And the worst part about it was that they got so far behind, so quickly...Airport all bunched up, next thing you know, The Pinkies were severed from the rest of the racers...But, sorry, served them right...Because they were only little ole southern belles that weren't too smart...(And, man, did it show.)

As far as Starr goes....Can we say DRAMA QUEEN (or would that be Nick?)  :umn:

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
 :funny: :funny: :jumpy: :funny: :funny:

Andrew's reaction to the Maori's nose rub was freakin' hysterical and one of the best moments of any race...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »

I know this isn't nice, but I didn't think Starr's arm looked that bad. 

Excellent question...And the worst part about it was that they got so far behind, so quickly...Airport all bunched up, next thing you know, The Pinkies were severed from the rest of the racers...But, sorry, served them right...Because they were only little ole southern belles that weren't too smart...(And, man, did it show.)

As far as Starr goes....Can we say DRAMA QUEEN (or would that be Nick?)  :umn:

scuzneck, there is only one Drama Queen on AR13. It is Terence, although he may have been taking his medication the past 2 episodes.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 02:36:02 AM »
I loved Dallas's comment on Mount Eden: "Please don't eat my Mum" Soooooo funny.
 :funny:

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21:02 AM »

scuzneck, there is only one Drama Queen on AR13. It is Terence, although he may have been taking his medication the past 2 episodes.

[/quote]

Man, how could I forget Terence...Seems there is no shortage of Drama Queens this season.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 08:30:49 AM »
well watched it finally last night,

wow what happened to the pinkies and aja/ty how far behind were they

pretty awesome roadblock too

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
Marissa & Brooke got really lost on the way to the Gordian knot task, and then had a hard time finding it!  Aja & Ty not only had the flat tire, they also had a really hard time doing the Matter of Time detour and switched to the Matter of Skill one.  That wasted enough time that they came in about 10 minutes or so ahead of Marissa & Brooke (according to some interviews I've read).  I think part of the problem is that there was a lever and the teams that switched didn't find it.  Anyway, I wouldn't have gone for A Matter of Time -- I'd have chosen A Matter of Skill.

Belle Book