Author Topic: EP6:11/2 "Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"  (Read 86880 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP6:11/2 "Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »
We have a mix of info, New Delhi and Old Delhi but I'll put everything we know in this thread for now until we can sort it out later.
(pictures are thumbnails click click)

11/2/2008: Please Hold While I Singe My Skull
The teams travel from Cambodia to New Delhi on the sixth leg of the race.

Not a leg!! Eyewitness info

Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand 5/6/08

Per MrsShrek blogger find

*Was just in the Siem Reap, Cambodia airport with the next Amazing Race people.
*When I asked one of the crew, he hesitated and told me it was a documentary.
*Then I looked around and saw 12 crew members, 7 cameras and 9 boom mikes.
*Then two of the contestants who had overheard me talking about going to Nepal earlier, snuck away from everyone to ask me if I was going to India.
 Here's the transcript of that conversation:
Girls: Um, can you do us a favor? So you're going to India?
Me: No, actually Nepal.
Girls: Oh. Is that near India?
Girls: Well, we need to find something in India and thought you might be able to help since you were going near there.
Me: Okkkkkkkkk. But I'm actually going to Nepal.
Girls: Well, we're looking for something really obscure in Delhi.
Anyway, sat in front of all of them on the plane where they were filmed almost the entire time and took pictures on the bus and in the Bangkok airport that I'll post.

More from Jason/jumpingthetracks sans peach:

Here's my breakdown of the contestants:
*2 girls, both from Texas, one blond, one brunette.
*A young guy with spikey hair (college age, red shirt, orange packwhite headband in the escalator pic) and his mother.
*A young couple (pic of them from behind on my blog), probably mid-20s.
*Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s.
*2 frat boys.  One was wearing an AEPi shirt from Arizona State dated 2006 and the other was the jew-fro kid with the yellow headband.  He's definitely a racer

*No African American team

More from Jason

* Hey everyone.  Glad I could help with the Bangkok pics and info. 
*As Peach posted, I can definitely identify 5 teams and think there was another but can't be sure.  . 
*Sorry about that.  Actually, I was chatting with a crew member in the customs line when they told me it was a documentary and I asked how many people there are in the "movie" and just threw 10 out there as a number and he said yeah so maybe there are only 5 teams left. 
*I can definitely say that the frat guys are the guys in my second set of pics, one with a yellow headband, one with a yellow hat.  They were doing pullups on the bus ride from the plane. 
*The 2 girls, one blond/reddish hair, one brunette, both from Texas. 
*The couple with their backs to me in the other shot is a team, they had a number on the packs.
 *Then there's the young guy with the spikey hair and his mother and another M/F who are together but almost positive they're not a couple. 
*That's all I saw in terms of contestants.

*I can definitely say there was no african american team.  There was one african american guy but he was a sound guy.  That's it. 
*What else?  ummmmm, I didn't see any older couple with the group
*We were pretty much waiting in the small Siem Reap airport together for over an hour so I got a pretty good look at everyone that was there. 

some new info here:

On Flight Between Bangkok and India
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 
*On the flight I met the cast and crew of next falls "Amazing Race."
*You give one couple your guidebook after being told that they and the camera crew are filming a travel documentary.
*One cameraman says it' s just a pilot and will probably come out on Discovery Channel.
*But when you go to hand your book to the gentleman and you ask him more about what the specific theme or title of the documentary is, he responds by putting on a cautious and direct face then points at a small black travel bag with orange and yellow stripes down the middle.
*I shrug my shoulders saying, "i don't know what that is." He then discreetly opens the top zipper and pulls out a black and yellow ticket just enough for me to make out the large bold letters that spell "Race" and I got it.
*He shook his head knowingly and we winked at each other and I returned to my seat.
*It all made sense then. And I could easily pick out who the crew were and the various couples.
*Some were partners, some were family, some were friends.
*They all seemed to be slightly frantic and on edge and some of them were trying desperately to exchange dollars for Rupees while still on the flight. A pair of young jewish boys asked me for some and I told them they could just go to an ATM at the airport.
*One replied with, "We won't have enough time." I was shocked by that. Who doesn't have an extra minute for an ATM when vacationing to a foreign country? I knew then something was up

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.

:bar:

Leg 6
New Delhi
Delhi, India 5/6/08 to 5/?/08

production slideshow , again thanks to schwarzmoor's find 

Map thanks to Neobie

Delhi international airport, thanks to Alicia

In my original email I had said May 7th, but we just looked at our calendar and it should have actually been the 6th of May. The time is disputed (between my husband and I). The photo says one time, but that could have been Thailand time and it could have been inaccurate to begin with. It was definitely late afternoon, early evening. Likely between 3pm and 7pm. We had a long layover and have since gotten rid of the tickets.

As an added note, the blonde/white haired chick was super antsy, practically jumping up and down, when she was stuck in line.

- Alicia

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:47:45 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: 11/2~"Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
Clues~
THE AMAZING RACE-As teams race through India,
Mother Nature foils one racer when a windstorm blows away their detour, and a budding romance between competing racers causes their teammates to question their focus.
*Mother Nature foils one team when a windstorm blows away their Detour.
*In helping India’s taxi industry go green, racers turn a little green themselves.
*A budding romance between competing racers causes their teammates to question their focus.
*One racer lashes out as their team reaches its boiling point.

*A budding romance between competing racers causes their teammates to question their focus.

Roadblock (?), detail auto rickshaws
*In helping India’s taxi industry go green, racers turn a little green themselves. 

*One racer lashes out as their team reaches its boiling point.

Ken & Tina

Sarah & Terence

Kelly or Christy? Toni & Dallas

Detours

Dhobis

Kelly&Christy Toni&Dallas
*Mother Nature foils one team when a windstorm blows away their Detour. 
Dandrew

Find the Groom

Sarah & Terence

Ken & Tina

Pitstop

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:18:39 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP6:11/2 "Please Hold While I Singe My Skull"
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
We have only 8 teams left now. The sighting stated above by Jason had to be Toni/Dallas, Kelly/Christy, Terence/Sarah(couple thought to be in their 20s), Nick/Starr (definitely not a couple in early 20s), and Dan and Andrew. That leaves Ken/Tina, Marissa/Brooke, and Aja/Ty unaccounted for. We can lose only 2 teams in 2 more legs. That means one of those 3 teams actually makes it to Delhi. I will put my money on Ken/Tina. If there are 2 eliminations, they will be Melissa/Brooke (who I rate as the weakest team now in the race) and Aja/Ty (because they are shown to have a flat tire when minutes count in New Zealand).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:53:57 PM »
From the contestant thread, here, we've been speculating that Marisa and Brooke are next, as in Leg 4, with Aja & Ty to follow in the Cambodia leg. Picture proof evidence that Aja & Ty do make it to at least the Cambodia leg can be found in the link as well.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »
I'm thinking Kelly and Christie are eliminated after Aja and Ty. Remember Jason said that when speaking to the "texas girls" they had no idea where India even was, and thought Napal was in India? They are the only team not spotted in the Delhi airport, but they are in the Bangkok. Perhaps they make a stupid mistake in booking a flight, and end up far behind the rest.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »
I'm thinking Kelly and Christie are eliminated after Aja and Ty. Remember Jason said that when speaking to the "texas girls" they had no idea where India even was, and thought Napal was in India? They are the only team not spotted in the Delhi airport, but they are in the Bangkok. Perhaps they make a stupid mistake in booking a flight, and end up far behind the rest.

LOL, i strongly doubt that is the reason they are eliminated.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
fwiw we also speculated that this leg, New Delhi, is the first of 2 NEL, thanks to CBS laying out the map/route in detail.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »
Another India speed bump???

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »
Does the title sound like Terence?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »
Maybe the title refers to a call centre task; Gurgaon, southwest of ND, is a call-centre hub.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:00:04 PM »
This is one weird  title.... :lol3:

I see a skull over a fire like toasting marshmallows!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 09:02:07 PM »
Maybe the title refers to a call centre task; Gurgaon, southwest of ND, is a call-centre hub.
I was thinking of some sort of dance with fire or limbo but your idea is cruel and great Slowhatch  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
All of the introflash's might not be for this leg in India but we'll sort it out later..

#11 Delhi, India

#12 India puppet

#13 India wedding elephant

#14 India, Festival of Colours

#19 India lady

#25 Humayun's Tomb, Delhi

#27 more India wedding Barat

#34 more India Barat

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
I was thinking of some sort of dance with fire or limbo but your idea is cruel and great Slowhatch  :lol:

We know from introflash vidcaps of throwing of colored powder (as in the Holi Festival).  There is also an element of fire in the Holi Festival as well.  (see link below)

Holi Festival

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:04 PM »
looking at the title and linking it to the groom on the horse

Fire is a big symbolism at a hindu wedding, and in general in the Hindu religion

. The Hindu marriage ceremony consists essentially of seven steps with seven vows taken in front of Agni (the fire). The Agni, or fire, is very sacred in the Hindu religion as it is considered to be the purifier. The flame of Agni represents the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance.

source: http://www.uuottawa.com/hinduweddingsmain.htm

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
This is a CRAZY title!!  Seems to me that by this point we will probably have lost Marisa & Brooke and Aja & Ty.  Just doesn't seem likely that Ken & Tina would go so soon... but you never know - I wouldn't have said that about Mark & Bill either!! (still sad about that :(  )

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
Well, we definitely know that Andrew & Dan, Kelly & Christy, Nick & Starr, Terence & Sarah and Toni & Dallas make it to New Delhi.  My guess is that Ken & Tina also make it there, and that both Aja & Ty and Marissa & Brooke are out by this point.  If the New Delhi leg is a non-elimination leg, then I wonder who gets the Speed Bump?  If it's Toni & Dallas, then they obviously survive because they were seen in Kazakhstan.  My guess is either Andrew & Dan or Kelly & Christy (hopefully the Frat Boys) get the Speed Bump, although it could be Ken & Tina.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 02:11:38 AM »
Apparently via Wikipedia Ty says this title. They are supposed to be eliminated in the last leg??
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 04:38:33 PM »
I would be willing to bet Ty doesn't say this title, and they don't even make it to India :(  - makes me sad b/c I just learned from the cbs.com videos that they formed an alliance with my favorite team Terence & Sarah and now I love them even more!!

Anyway, given how behind they are at this point (after ep4) + the fact that they're seen later than ev'one else on those trucks, I'd be surprised if they catch up and someone else is eliminated

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
Apparently via Wikipedia Ty says this title. They are supposed to be eliminated in the last leg??

Perhaps Cambodia is a non-elimination leg and Ty's saying this during the Speed Bump task.  Or else Wikipedia is mistaken.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
Sunday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE-As teams race through India, Mother Nature foils one racer when a windstorm blows away their detour, and a budding romance between competing racers causes their teammates to question their focus. Phil Keoghan hosts.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20081023cbs02
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
i posted that in the spoiler thread to peach!
theres one for november 16th!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 08:32:21 PM »
Sunday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE-As teams race through India, Mother Nature foils one racer when a windstorm blows away their detour, and a budding romance between competing racers causes their teammates to question their focus. Phil Keoghan hosts.

Wonder who the budding romance is between?  Dallas and Starr or Dallas and Sarah would be my guesses.

Belle Book

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »

Wonder who the budding romance is between?  Dallas and Starr or Dallas and Sarah would be my guesses.

Belle Book

I would like to see one between Dallas and Sarah Terence would flip    :lol:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »

Belle Book

I would like to see one between Dallas and Sarah Terence would flip    :lol:

Yeah, a budding romance between Dallas and Sarah would really make Terence flip!  I can just see it now!   :funny:

Belle Book