Other Great Reality Shows > Other Reality TV Shows & News

The Bachelorette Season 5

<< < (3/27) > >>

RealityFreakWill:
Bachelorette Jillian Harris's star rising

Relatives of Jillian Harris are keeping their fingers crossed that the Alberta-born restaurant designer and Bachelor castoff will find love a second time as ABC's first Canadian Bachelorette.

"I hope she finds that best friend she is looking for, her soulmate," said her aunt Mona Harris from her home in Peace River.

"She's got a good personality; she's a good person and she's got a good job. I think she'll do just great," her uncle Mark Harris said, adding that Jillian's rising stardom is the talk of Peace River, her hometown.

Jillian, who now resides in Vancouver, was named the star of the fifth instalment of The Bachelorette Tuesday night on The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, Part 2 special show. In the vice-versa version of The Bachelor, Jillian will have her pick of 25 eligible suitors in hopes of finding the love of her life.

The 29-year-old was a fan favourite on Season 13 of The Bachelor, beating out 22 other contestants to make it to the final three. But she was sent packing by the show's star, account executive and single father Jason Mesnick.

Mesnick eventually offered his final rose to Melissa Rycroft, and in a shocking twist, later cancelled their engagement and proposed to runner-up Molly Malaney instead. His change of heart sparked a backlash among Bachelor fans. It was then, perhaps, a blessing in disguise that Jillian was eliminated before the final rose ceremony, her aunt said.

"I felt so bad when she made it to third because we knew she cared about him," Mona said. "But you know, in the end, after everything happened, I said that Jilly just got out in time."

While Jillian said she was under strict orders not to speak to media about the show, she indicated in an ABC press release that she is confident she will find the love of her life on the love-match reality program and, as an only child, is ready to settle down and start a family.

Peggy Harris said she was excited for her daughter and for the opportunities that will come her way with her participation on The Bachelorette. She admitted, however, to having some initial concerns.

"We had some slight trepidation. We just don't want her to get hurt. But I know that's the reality of life and it happens," said Peggy, from her home in Kelowna, B.C.

"I think Jillian realizes there is no guarantee, but sometimes magic happens. I'm not sure what she considers her odds to be, but I guess no different than meeting someone at the gym. It's going to be interesting."

The Bachelorette premieres Monday, May 18 on ABC and Citytv.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2009/03/05/pf-8633401.html

marigold:

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE 

ABC ANNOUNCES SEASON FINALE DATES AND THE RETURN OF "UGLY BETTY" AND "THE BACHELORETTE"

ABC announces season finale dates, which will conclude some of its most popular series, including "Brothers & Sisters," "Dancing with the Stars," "Desperate Housewives," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Grey's Anatomy" and "Lost," as well as the much anticipated return of "Ugly Betty" and "The Bachelorette."

Dates are as follows (all times are ET):

Monday, May 18

9:00-11:00 p.m.    "The Bachelorette" RETURN

marigold:
An interesting article:

The Bachelorette Gets Naughty!

Will Jillian Harris morph into a female version of Jason Mesnick when The Bachelorette returns this spring? An insider tells OK! that Jillian, who finished third on The Bachelor — just missing a chance to be part of single dad Jason’s bizarre love triangle — is “getting her edge on” before filming starts later this month.

“Everyone who saw Jillian on The Bachelor has the idea that she is a goody-two-shoes,” the source says. “On the show they will reveal that she’s capable of creating controversy. The producers would love it if The Bachelorette ends just as dramatically as The Bachelor.”

Jillian, 29, an interior designer from Canada, was a fan favorite on the hit ABC show and will hand out her first rose on May 17. For The Bachelorette, she’ll be pitting the guys against each other. “You’ll see her really manipulating them in a way previous Bachelorettes haven’t,” the insider says.

“You may see her lying to the guys, misleading them about what she’s really looking for. She may not be a fan favorite by the time she’s down to her final choice, but it’s all about ratings.”

http://www.ok-magazine.com/news/view/12584

tory:
wow can't wait to see this did they start filiming it all ready??

RealityFreakWill:
The Bachelor: Jillian Vows to pull a Jason Mesnick?

The lady who was one elimination away from being part of that infamous The Bachelor love triangle featuring Jason Mesnick, Melissa Rycroft, and Molly Malaney promises to turn the heat up as she stars on Canada's The Bachelorette.

OK! Magazine reports that a source hinted on the possibility that Jillian Harris, who finished third on the recently concluded season of The Bachelor, is bent on being the female Jason Mesnick when she starts pitting guys against each other on May 17.

“Everyone who saw Jillian on The Bachelor has the idea that she is a goody-two-shoes,” the source says.  “On the show they will reveal that she's capable of creating controversy.  The producers would love it if The Bachelorette ends just as dramatically as The Bachelor.”

The 29-year-old interior designer from Alberta, Canada will reportedly shed the goody-two-shoes image and manipulate the suitors “in a way previous Bachelorettes haven't.”

“You may see her lying to the guys, misleading them about what she's really looking for.  She may not be a fan favorite by the time she's down to her final choice, but it's all about ratings.”

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-jillian-vows-to-b-27237.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version