Author Topic: EP5:10/26 "Do It Like a Madman"  (Read 54719 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP5:10/26 "Do It Like a Madman"
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:43:10 AM »
Leg 5 Siem Reap, Cambodia (yeah we hit the mother load here)

TV Guide:
Episode Detail: - Amazing Race 13
The teams travel from New Zealand to Cambodia on the fifth leg of the race.

Siem Reap Town, Cambodia 5/4/08

Siem Reap Town, Cambodia 5/4/08

blogs:

An Amazing Race
*Sure, the highlight today should have been the magnificent visit to Angkor Wat, but I'll be the first to admit I was a little obsessed with the filming of a certain, unnamed reality show that airs on Tuesday nights on CBS, that features pairs of people adventuring on a global scavenger hunt. 
*I think you catch my drift. I even got filmed helping one of the contestants find her clue and signed my life away to CBS, or at least signed away any shot of royalities from a brief glimpse of fame! 
*We'll definitely be watching when the new season starts to see if we can spot ourselves in the "travel documentary" that two of the contestants said they were in.

Cambodia's Culinary Delights
May 4, 2008
*........while I made my way to Siem Reap, by boat . Wise choice. The water is low, but we only got snagged a few times, making it here in about six hours. I've really enjoyed boat travel in SE Asia so I was glad to have one more opportunity before leaving this part of the world.

*We also witnessed upon arrival what appeared to be a segment being filmed for Amazing Race.
*Before we could take off from the dock, we had to sit and wait while they filmed some couple with backpacks stacking baskets and then jumping in the back of a truck

More from chrisrae from peach

Message from Chrisrae:
*It was an African American couple. I just uploaded the only pick I have to my blog entry "cambodia's culinary delights." It's the last picture in the series.
*I saw them after arriving near seim reap by boat from battambang, traveling through lake tonle sap. It was about 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday.
*They were at the water's edge. We were kept away but I saw the guy stacking some baskets I've seen them use to transport pigs and she was holding their bags.
*They then jumped in awaiting trucks and were transported with the cameraman and got out near a wat outside of town. I kept onto town so I don't know what happened next.
Hope that helps!

from magratt @Twops:
*A friend of mine was in Siem Reap, Cambodia a couple of days ago and saw:
*"an African American couple down by the dock, and she was holding their backpacks and he was stacking baskets and then they jumped in the back of a waiting truck and off they went. They kept filming them while in the back of the truck, and then they got out and were heading up to a wat I think" 

Donut Diary said...
*Yes ! they are definitely contestants from the Amazing Race Show.
*We were at Tonle Sap Lake and saw route markers (Flags in red and yellow) on 6 boats at the pier.
*There were camera crew but we did not see the contestants. Very exciting !

Blog per Slowhatch They were in Angkor Wat the same time as my group, so if you happen to see that episode, you might see one of the Cambodian guys in my group helping him find the clue (look for people in a bright green t).

Chateau d if:This shot was taken here between 11:24 and 11:32 am (asumes May 4th).

Lorna in Cambodia blog (photos thanks to Lorna!! and of course our peachs for contacting her and bringing the pictures here  :) )
Lorna joins us and shares photos and info:

*We were at Angkor Wat on the 4th May when they were filming the Amazing Race.
*We only saw one team at Angkor for the whole time we were there which was a couple of hours. This team was both male, one with orange hair and the other with brown hair and they were at the clue box at 11.30am. [/color]
*We also happened to see all the teams walking around Siem Reap town that evening and I recall seeing 6 teams. I would love to visit your website and I have plenty of photos I will send to your email address
*I was checking the time stamp on my photos from Angkor Wat and from 11.30 - 12.30pm that was the only team that came through. 
*Just for curiosity sake the guy with the orange hair was really nice and managed to exchange a few words.
*Come to think of it there would have been another team there but they were leaving at 11.30. Thats what got my attention in the first place..the camera crew running outside. I couldn't tell you who it was though. But im positive the team i saw was the only one there from 11.30 because the guy with the brown hair was the only person waiting while his team mate was doing the road block.

Flickr boat picture credits to flickrs, James Khoo's
*' Amazing Race Show ' route markers on 6 boats . Only 6 teams left competing in Siem Reap
or were there 7 boats ;)
Slowhatch:
*The blogger said 6, but I count 7 flags there (the flags on each end are almost hidden--compare my arrows below to the original).

Phil sighting on Flickr by Kilometre 22 . Blog here
Translation thanks to Slowhatch:
*To finish the day we have seen the sunset in the main temple of Angkor Wat and which it has been our surprise that we have found ourselves to the presenter of our favorite program of the TV (Amazing Race). It results that they are preparing the next season of the program from deal about a gymkhana of the world and the winner being carried by that going round a prize of a million dolars! Has been very curious the encounter and we have been able to speak a little with the presenter and the equipment of the program (the very charming and nice people truth). A day with an unexpected end!!!!

Blog ~
Saturday, May 10, 2008
A day in Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia and it’s a 6-hour bus ride from Siem Reap. We were hoping to take the Mekong Express bus or plane going there but both were fully booked so we ended up taking a regular airconditioned bus which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because we chanced upon the shoot of Amazing Race right across where our bus was parked!:) Photo-taking isn't actually allowed but we were able to snap some shots from the bus.

(click for full view) pic data if correct  DateTime : 2008:05:04 08:18:28
  Chateau d if:
This shot was taken between 8:13 and 9:16 am (assumes May 4th).

More photos from this blog thanks  jonlover at entermyworld.heavenforum 
production people

Yet another blog:
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just to catch up....
So I just got back into Thailand from Cambodia.... which is why i haven't posted in a while. Ends up that Cambodia is not a telecommunications mecca. Anyways, everything has kinda been a whirlwind. Covered 3 countries in 2 weeks and it kinda feels like we are on "The Amazing Race".... and i mean literally. Yesterday we were in Angkor Wat (more of that story later... it is AMAZING... you should look up pictures... seriously a Wonder of the Ancient world--- i thought better than the stuff i saw in Rome) The Amazing Race was filming at Angkor the same day we were there. AND THEN... we end up at the airport to fly to Bangkok from Cambodia... and who was on our airplane.... thats right.... 3 teams competing on the next season of the Amazing Race. We are sitting there and then all the sudden all these camera and sound guys are filming everything. And the producer guy was sitting in the seat right behind me and vida. CRAZY!! So now we consider ourselves official unofficial cast members. And before all this started I was telling vida that i thought it felt like we were on the amazing race.

and yet another blog
more Siem Reap
We didn't manage to take a picture of it but i think we ran into a couple doing the Amazing Race here. We'll have to check out the next season but the couple was being followed by a camera man and they had to find a specific face in the ruins. I did my best to make a cameo between this and Bollywood I am really getting my face out there.

production slideshow , again thanks to schwarzmoor's find

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP5:10/26 "Do It Like a Madman"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:43:44 AM »
saved for future screencaps

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
LMFAO OMG
IM SO SLOW  :lol: :lol: :lol:

can you delete my other thread puddin?!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:11:37 AM »
If I can stop laughing long enough Michael, OMG this is why we love you!  :jumpy:

eta: I now stickied it so you can find it easily Michael ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:16:18 AM by puddin »

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
I can't believe how much is already here... you guys are AMAZING!!!!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
If Marissa & Brooke (as I suspect) are eliminated in the previous leg, I guess this is where Aja & Ty get knocked out -- if this is an elimination leg.  Too bad, but at least Kelly & Christy survive.

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:51:14 PM »
Screencaps from the preview!! :hearts:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
So all we get is the Auckland Highway patrol and a travel agency?? (:;)

Just to show the car is Auckland...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:46 AM »
The long preview is up
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 01:03:21 AM »
The gas task (if it is a task) is quite common in Cambodia; people either crank portable pumps or pour it out of old Johnnie Walker/soda bottles.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 05:27:05 AM »
Here is the new preview, I'll try to put up the screencaps tonight...  Turns out I can't do them, can anyone else? Beyond my skills... :lol:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/video.php?cid=868011758&pid=HM_Q61lWnYBmDw_kaZR05ZnFU9M0ZQk_&play=true&cc=
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:07:23 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
police car is definitely NZ, they look so much like the English cops....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »
I have some insights into the diverse flight arrangments from New Zealand that resulted from the wide range of pitstop times. I see 3 groups getting these plane options, starting at 130pm:

Ken/Tina - expect earliest at airport is 1230pm(Chateau would say 45 minutes sooner); they will get QF114 AKL SYD 1350 1510 connecting with QF319 SYD SIN 1635 2145 and then 3K595 SIN REP 0600+1 0700+1

Second Group(Terence/Sarah, Kelly/Christy, Toni/Dallas, Nick/Starr, Dan Andrew maybe) - EK433 AKL BNE 1655 1835 then flight continues on to Singapore with BNE SIN EK433 2045 0150+1 and then SIN REP 3K595 0600+1 0700+1

Aja/Ty - they are probably a bit lonely brining up the rear on AKL SIN 2355 0645+1 SQ282 connecting there to SQ970 0845+1 1010+1, then PG905 BKK REP 1100+1 1220+1

If the above is accurate(which I believe), then the last group will be about 5 hours 20 minutes behind. Unless there is an hours of operation in the Siem Reap/Angkor Wat area, they will probably be eliminated there unless saved by a NEL.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 01:51:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/czTm-z6hQug&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/czTm-z6hQug&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Here's the long preview on Youtube. Thanks to Dreamer.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
CBS Press Release:

ONE TEAM FINDS ITSELF IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW, WHILE ANOTHER RACER BURNS BRIDGES WITH OTHER TEAMS WHEN HE LIES TO IMPEDE THEIR PROGRESS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, OCT. 26

"Do It Like A Madman" - One Team finds itself in trouble with the law as they watch precious time tick away, while another Racer doesn't hesitate to lie while standing in one of the most religious places on earth, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »
 :tup:  Thanks for the preview link, banzai.  It's obvious, but races arrive at Siem Reap Intl. Airport.

eta: plane appears to be Jetstar Airways (as per apskip's prediction).  ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:48:40 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »
Prediction?

It was first just a proposal  :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »
Thanks to Boingo's location:

This shot was taken here between 7:32 and 8:13 am (assumes May 4th).

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »
CBS Press Release:

ONE TEAM FINDS ITSELF IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW, WHILE ANOTHER RACER BURNS BRIDGES WITH OTHER TEAMS WHEN HE LIES TO IMPEDE THEIR PROGRESS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, OCT. 26

"Do It Like A Madman" - One Team finds itself in trouble with the law as they watch precious time tick away, while another Racer doesn't hesitate to lie while standing in one of the most religious places on earth, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Obviously the team that's in trouble with the law is Terence & Sarah while I'm willing to be that the Racer who doesn't hesitate to lie is Nick.  He & Starr have been portrayed as sneaky in at least one episode and in their interview with Reality News Online, Mark & Bill said that Kelly & Christy probably blamed Nick & Starr for the sports bra incident because the brother & sister were seen as sneaky -- which is what I believed.  So Nick (& Starr) will be burning bridges with more teams than just Kelly & Christy.

Belle Book

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »
Auckland airport Flight Centre photo.

And a map of the ground floor of the airport...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
I agree it's most likely Nick... More evidence that they're playing dirty... in this video on cbs.com Terence & Sarah say Nick & Starr deserve bad things to happen because they are "bad people". Apparently Starr accused Terence of stealing Nick's bag when he had it with him the whole time... we never saw that (maybe among other things??)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/video.php?cid=868011752&pid=ghf1Qe2FP88XxXGawPfoQbE96y50AnU4&play=true&cc=27

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »
If Starr falsely accused Terence of stealing Nick's bag when he had it with him the whole time, then it's more proof that Nick's the one who burns bridges with the other teams.  I don't mind being conniving if you really need to be (like not helping others out when you're near the back of the pack and could be eliminated), but Nick & Starr are taking it too far.  No wonder Kelly & Christy mistakenly accused Starr of throwing Christy's sports bra off the ledge (even though I doubt Starr would do so because she'd get nothing out of it)!

Belle Book

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »

Well, at least we know that Terence & Sara can afford the fine  :lol:

Easy come, easy go.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
You know that Chateau is completely right on this but that brings up another issue. Terence and Sarah should never have had the opportunity to beg for or be offered $500 nor should any other racer. Notice that they are not showing those activities on the normal episode because World Race Productions and CBS know how their audience feels on this issue. Begging and accepting gifts should be banned, as driving over the speed limit. These activities demean the Amazing Race because they take away the level playing field essential to a good race!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 06:14:50 AM »
You know that Chateau is completely right on this but that brings up another issue. Terence and Sarah should never have had the opportunity to beg for or be offered $500 nor should any other racer. Notice that they are not showing those activities on the normal episode because World Race Productions and CBS know how their audience feels on this issue. Begging and accepting gifts should be banned, as driving over the speed limit. These activities demean the Amazing Race because they take away the level playing field essential to a good race!
In other TAR seasons, they seems to emphasize driving the speed limit.  Do we know how much time it costs them?  At the beginning of the leg it is not that costly if they make the flight ... which other information show that they do make the flight.