Author Topic: TARA 3 - Episode 4 Discussion Thread ****HOT spoilers--beware!****  (Read 16252 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 3 - Episode 4 Discussion Thread ****HOT spoilers--beware!****
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »
Some observations of ARA3 episode 4:

Teams do not take the shortest and quickest route of HUI HAN VN240 0820 0955 combined with HAN TPE CI684 1135 1510. Instead they go VN251 HUI SGN 0910 1030 combined withSGN TPE BR392 1255 1720 or SGN TPE CI686 1720 2145. They will not be able to leave the airport until after dark either way. Why? The only explanation I can think of is they were about 28 seats for the teams and crew plus an unkown number of produciton people on the flight to or from Hanoi.

Mai and Oliver have now developed reputations as people who cannot be trusted and will sell out the rest of the teams for short-term advantage. I hope that comes back to haunt them later in the race.

The statement somewhere (possibly in a recap earlier in this thread) that Ida and Tania got free accommodations at the Hue airport hotel is note correct according to the way I heard that transaction. What I heard by either Ida or Tania was that with their "free" breakfast they would not need to buy one on the plane.

Both Ida/Tania and AD/Fuzzie have grown on me each leg. I would now rate them with Bernie/Henry as one of the best teams in the race and all are fun teams.

Bernie/Henry were so close on the Braille translation. They had it all right except for a "B" where there wasn't one. I believe I saw that they finished the puzzle by placing an "I" on the board somewhere. There is no "I" in team and also not in "Go To Shemken."

After seeing the soup , Ida and Mai both said "it's not too bad." That changed soon after. Henry the chef said "piece of cake" but I did not notice him finishing it very quickly.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:12:10 AM by apskip »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 05:55:56 PM »
 ;) FWIW, Taipei pitstop

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
That place is pretty cool Boingo. So where did they park their cars?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 06:35:42 PM »
That place is pretty cool Boingo. So where did they park their cars?

beats me, puddin   :duno:  I didn't even watch the show  :lol:  just matched the location to Alan's blog pix... you watched it, you tell me....  :funny:   :sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »
No i didn't watch Boingo, lol...... even though I downloaded it 4 times to see the previews for next week in a better resolution but, guess what? all the downloads were cut off before the previews  :knuckles:

Offline Littlemik

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 04:05:47 AM »
Most funny quote was Sam to Vince when he was eating his tofu, :"For your reward, you can use the toilet first tonight." :lol: :funny:

Sam and Vince are getting likeable now. :tup:

Who says that? That is an awesome quote right there!!!
Oh My God, The Teletubbies Go To War – Oswald

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 04:57:53 AM »
Most funny quote was Sam to Vince when he was eating his tofu, :"For your reward, you can use the toilet first tonight." :lol: :funny:

Sam and Vince are getting likeable now. :tup:

Who says that? That is an awesome quote right there!!!

Sam said that
This Episode is his show time
A loud voice to help other team in detour
At the RB he said "For your reward, you can use the toilet first tonight."
also he said that ''Come on, we are Chinese, we eat everything.''
those are very funny :funny: