Author Topic: Friday Night Lights 3 on DirectTV (spoilers)  (Read 3224 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Friday Night Lights 3 on DirectTV (spoilers)
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »
Thanks to TVGuide.com...

The following is only an excerpt of its FALL PREVIEW.
Read entire article HERE

Ask Matt | 9/15/2008
Q: So explain this to me one more time: How is Friday Night Lights moving to DirecTV (just until January or whenever) supposed to help ratings? Don't DirectTV customers already get NBC, in which case DirectTV customers have already been exposed to FNL? And don't Nielsen ratings take satellite TV watchers into account? How much can 13 episodes really help in saving a show? And if the show was originally an NBC show, why doesn't NBC air it first and then DirectTV? I thought I understood ... read more
Ask Matt | 9/15/2008
Q: I've been a big fan of Friday Night Lights since it began airing, and I have never really understood why it didn't catch on. I live in Austin where the show is filmed and have seen several of the cast members here and there in town the last couple of weeks, and I notice the same thing every time: I am the only person who even knows that these people are famous! Just the other day, my wife and I were like a couple of groupies when we saw Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton leaving a movie ... read more Friday Night Lights spoilers, news and recaps (401 total news articles)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Friday Night Lights 3 on DirectTV (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »
More from TvGuide's Matt Roush.  Thank you, TVGuide and Matt!  :tup: :waves:

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-matt/friday-night-lights/080811-07

Monday, August 11, 2008
Roush on Friday Night Lights
Question: For those of us who don't have DirecTV and are huge fans of Friday Night Lights, what hope do we have that come this October we, too, will be able to watch our beloved show? Will NBC have the episodes available online after they've aired on DirecTV's Channel 101, or do we have to wait and hope beyond all reasonable hope that NBC will find a spot in its schedule early next year in which to show the episodes? — Brandon

Matt Roush: My understanding is that while the series is airing on DirecTV, it will be exclusive to subscribers (though who knows what will happen in this age of illegal file-sharing) and not available online, certainly not in free streaming video in its usual spot on NBC.com until the network begins airing it. And while I appreciate your cynicism, I'm reasonably sure that NBC will uphold its end of the bargain and air all of these episodes in early '09, regardless of the ratings, which I'm sure will be disappointing. Of all the major networks, NBC is most obsessed with cost-effectiveness, and this DirecTV deal makes Friday Night Lights a win-win no matter how it fares on Friday nights in the new year (or wherever it ends up eventually airing).

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Friday Night Lights 3 on DirectTV (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
Well, I WISH I had DirecTV, but it is not available in the mountainous area where I live.
Hopefully, NBC will do as Matt Roush said in his comments above...
"air all of these episodes in early '09, regardless of the ratings..." !!

Please bring'em awwwwn, NBC!!  :jumpy: :yess: