Author Topic: Survivor 18 News  (Read 3227 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor 18 News
« on: October 01, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »
A sad article:

Survivor crew member drowns while swimming

A Survivor crew member drowned recently in Brazil while working on a future season.
Alton Desiree, 38, was part of an “advance team for a future production,” according to a CBS statement. He “drowned in the Rio Novo River in a remote section of Brazil” where he “was swimming during his lunch break with other members of his team when the accident occurred,” CBS said.

He’d worked on the show during the past three seasons (Gabon, Micronesia, and China), and lived in Loubiere, Dominica, with his wife and two kids. According to one early news report, he left home for Brazil on Sept. 9 and died Sept. 15, but it also suggests he died after being “instructed to go underwater to fix something of the show.”
The first Survivor Gabon episode ended with a title card dedicating the episode to his memory. In CBS’ statement, Jeff Probst said,

“Words cannot describe the shock and grief felt by all of us on the show. Alton has been with us on the last three editions of ‘Survivor.’ He always had a signature big smile, possessed an infectious warm spirit and was very popular with his fellow crew members. You can’t possibly describe a harder-working and more well-liked colleague. Our heartfelt prayers and sympathies are extended to his wife, children and family for this terrible loss.”

Link: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_18/2008_Oct_01_alton_desiree
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 05:46:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor 18 News
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
I  just saw this, how sad  :'(

(edited because I cannot write!)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:09:47 PM by puddin »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:50:53 PM »
I was just saw this, how sad  :'(

:'( It's terrible news

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »
I  just saw this, how sad  :'(

(edited because I cannot write!)
Oh no. :'( :'(   Just too sad.  I wondered who it was when I saw the name at the end of EP 1.