Author Topic: EP4:10/19 "I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?"  (Read 97898 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP4:10/19 "I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?"
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 12:31:45 AM »
Looks like they are stomping kiwis to me... at Kiwi360 maybe?

and One tree Hill's only tree is long gone :funny:, so maybe Mt Eden or Rangitoto?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »
Wait, there are a couple of trees:

GMTA Slowhatch! Kiwi juice?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2008, 12:41:19 AM »
This looks maybe right? You catch a glimpse of what might be the wall/path  Christy is near...

View from the top of one tree hill--might be Rangitoto in the background of Kelly/Christy

Clip view:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:49:16 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 07:46:06 AM »
As most of you know. 4/29 is MIA before our teams resurfuce in Santiago airport 4/30.

Since it now appears that Forteleza was an extended (18 hour?) pitstop, I am relooking at our previous thought that La Paz must be an extended Pitstop. Two back to back seems strange, as Chateau also noted.

So just for completeness, took a quick look at some bus info, but it seems to take too long to me.

HERE and HERE

I still think that TPTB would want the teams in Santiago in good time to avoid any chance of them missing the crucial NZ flight, but can't explain why they are seen arriving at the airport in two waves tired and dirty as per Justin.

Any other ides? I have been obsessing about this missing day for 5 months now, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 11:36:02 AM »
Peach and Chateau:

I am not having a problem with the timing of the race and I do nto agree with your views of it. Being very approximate, this is the way it looks to me:

Pitstop in Fortaleza begins around 1pm April 26

Pitstop release in Fortaleza starts around 1am April 27

Flight lands at LPB around 8pm April 27

Pitstop beings before noon on April 28

This can either be an extended 36 hour pitstop, an extended 24 hour pitstop, an extended 18 hour pitstop or a regular pitstop, it doesn't matter. That means release at midnight starting April 30, at noon April 29, at am April 29 or midnight starting April 29. Take your pick! 

That is because teams have to get to Santiago well before the departure of LAN801 at 2245pm April 30. Any time they had extended in LaPaz will mean that much less of an in-place rest activity they will have in Santiago. As to how that unprecedented event would happen, I am not sure but I know it would happen if needed, maybe with a weird hours of operation.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
Didn't CBS put it out (on their map) that the stop was Te Puke? If that's to be trusted, then I've found some shots from the nearby Papamoa hills that bear some resemblance (no match yet).

nice view, from what I've seen Papamoa Hills it is perfect Slowhatch  :kuss:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »
As most of you know. 4/29 is MIA before our teams resurfuce in Santiago airport 4/30.

Since it now appears that Forteleza was an extended (18 hour?) pitstop, I am relooking at our previous thought that La Paz must be an extended Pitstop. Two back to back seems strange, as Chateau also noted.

So just for completeness, took a quick look at some bus info, but it seems to take too long to me.

HERE and HERE

I still think that TPTB would want the teams in Santiago in good time to avoid any chance of them missing the crucial NZ flight, but can't explain why they are seen arriving at the airport in two waves tired and dirty as per Justin.

Any other ides? I have been obsessing about this missing day for 5 months now, :lol:

The pit stop in Fortaleza must have been either 12 or 36 hours.  Phil announces that Ken and Tina were the first to arrive at 12:51PM so they will be departing at 12:51AM.  12 seems more likely, with a 36 hour rest after La Paz when teams will surely need it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:50:30 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
ONE RACER FALLS DURING A DETOUR AND FEARS SHE MAY HAVE BROKEN HER ARM, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM STARTS TO FALL APART EMOTIONALLY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, OCT. 19
"I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?" - While navigating a tricky Detour, one Racer takes a hard fall and injures her arm, while another Team struggles to keep their relationship intact, on THE AMAZING RACE 13, Sunday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »

HERE and HERE

The pit stop in Fortaleza must have been either 12 or 36 hours.  Phil announces that Ken and Tina were the first to arrive at 12:51PM so they will be departing at 12:51AM.  12 seems more likely, with a 36 hour rest after La Paz when teams will surely need it.
Chateau, I believe it was him, has discovered that the Fortaleza pitstop was indeed 18 hours .. you can't get anything past him, lol
eta: it was apskips not Chateau that gave us the 18 hour pitstop.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:10:53 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »

HERE and HERE

I have another group of thoughts about this subject. It is not possible that there was an extended pitstop in Fortaleza beyond the 18 hours we are sure of because pitstops have nnever gone to 42 hours and 42 hours is the only way other than 18 hours that fits the available data points. A new idea that occurred to me is having the ride to that dinner of the teams in LaPaz after arrival culminate in a 24 hour rest stop not shown in episode 3. If they start this 4/27 evening they will be taken to the "sleep on the sidewalk" task at the same time the evening of April 28, wake up on 4/29 and complete their LaPaz tasks before noon on 4/29. That makes their release from the pitstop before midnight and their flights out of LaPaz on the morning of April 30.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 06:05:55 PM »
Wasn't that dinner in Forteleza though??  ???

Gosh, I need to rewatch everything!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »
Didn't CBS put it out (on their map) that the stop was Te Puke? If that's to be trusted, then I've found some shots from the nearby Papamoa hills that bear some resemblance (no match yet).

nice view, from what I've seen Papamoa Hills it is perfect Slowhatch  :kuss:

From what I know about Mt. Maunganui, the mountain in the background of the photo beneath the one with Phil and his father standing is Mt. Maunganui. It has that odd shape.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »
Mt Maunganui:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »
Wasn't that dinner in Forteleza though??  ???

Gosh, I need to rewatch everything!! :happy:

Even if it were in Fortaleza, that does not diminsh the possibility that they could have had a 24 hour rest break on arrival in LaPaz. There is ample justification for this special extraordinary action and it has to do with altitude acclimatization. The only chance to acclimatize to 11,000 to 13,000 feet would have been for 24 hours between the evning of April 27 and the evening of April 28.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »
Why is is so important to find out if La Paz is a extended pitstop or not? We know they go to NZ next so whats the point? Maybe you all can take this to the timeline, or the EP3 thread.

So if Kiwi stomping  is a Detour then DAndrew switched tasks?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
Next on The Amazing Race:
I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?
A team is stranded on the side of the road. Will the aid of a local save their Race?
Teammates clash as one accuses the other of behaving like a dictator.
One racer wipes out and fears broken bones. Will they push through the pain to reach the Pit Stop

Clue #1 definitely seems like Aja & Ty.  The local probably saves their race.  Clue #2 may also refer to Aja & Ty, considering their friction at the airport, but I'm not certain.  Clue #3 refers to Starr.  I don't think she broke any bones (lucky her), and she and Nick will make the Pit Stop before the last-place team.

Belle Book

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »
Teammates clash as one accuses the other of behaving like a dictator.

this is Aja and Ty on the preview he was calling her Castro

also on the latest preview on the cbs site, the roadblock is match a maori print to a maori. 
Christy takes it for the Divorcees, looks like she didn't want to and Kelly had to push her

and i agree puddin that the detours are squish it or wind it, Kiwi wine? or the wind sails thingy. 

also Nick states that they are all on the same flight so it will be a dash for the marked cars
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:14:22 PM by patlini »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »
can somebody youtube the latest previews for me? I can't view them!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »
These won't work for you Michael?

this will do for now

EP 4 preview!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:58 PM »
Why is is so important to find out if La Paz is a extended pitstop or not? We know they go to NZ next so whats the point? Maybe you all can take this to the timeline, or the EP3 thread.

So if Kiwi stomping  is a Detour then DAndrew switched tasks?

If the kiwi stomping task is true, then it's a "made for TAR' thing... how lame.  :groan:

Kiwi stomping video   :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »
oh, thanks puddin, that worked for me!

So, does the roadblock or detour come first?

Andrew and Dan appear to switch detours....

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2008, 11:10:30 PM »
The Pitstop isnt Mt Maunganui. I live around 1 minute from it and the picture of Phil and his dad isnt like the Mount. It is surrounded by water and the only place it isnt is a city so it cannot be. I am sure! If they came to Tauranga

MY HOME TOWN SINCE BIRTH. I WILL  :knuckles: GO FRIGGIN NUTS

I have always dreamed of seeing them racing. So if they came here I will die
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
The Pitstop isnt Mt Maunganui. I live around 1 minute from it and the picture of Phil and his dad isnt like the Mount. It is surrounded by water and the only place it isnt is a city so it cannot be. I am sure! If they came to Tauranga

MY HOME TOWN SINCE BIRTH. I WILL  :knuckles: GO FRIGGIN NUTS

I have always dreamed of seeing them racing. So if they came here I will die
We don't think the pitstop is Mt Maunganui, we think Papamoa Hills might be and we see Maunganui in the distance. Is that right Kiwi?
........so tell us Kiwi, have you ever stomped Kiwi's? :D

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2008, 01:13:15 AM »
I have at Kiwi360 formerly known as Kiwi Country. I loved stomping the Kiwifruit and putting the juices into the jar!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2008, 01:14:51 AM »
and puddin omg it is! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR