Archive > The Amazing Race 13 Spoilers/Speculation

EP4:10/19 "I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?"

(1/49) > >>

puddin:
Leg 4 Auckland, NZ 10/19/08

Auckland, NZ 5/2/08 to 5/3/08

apskip's:
*I have BIG NEWS from my brother-in-law Ray who works at the Auckland International Airport as reported by my sister who is a big Amazing Race fan after I asked about May 2:
*I just checked with Ray and he said the Amazing Race team did arrive in Auckland, went into the city for the day and came back to the airport late that evening and departed.  He told me he saw Phil Keogan the kiwi who fronts the show waiting for the competitors.
*This fits perfectly with my theory that teams would do a REST DAY or in this case from 0355 until late evening

apskip's adds:

NEW
New Zealand INFO FROM MY SOURCE

*"Phil Keoghan and team arrived on what I think was the 2 May. I personally saw him only the afternoon/evening of this day
 *However, other staff members report they have seen the team also on this day
*Phil Keoghan flew out in the early hours of the next day (possibly 3rd  of May) - 5am ish.
*Flights leaving that early in the morning are usually just flying to Australia
*Some airport security staff saw the rest of the team fly out in dribs and drabs on the "3rd of May", with the last team around 7pm ish that eveningleaving  ."
*"they left during the course of the day from around 12:30pm onwards - most took Emirates flights (of which there are 3 daily departures each day - all of which go thru Australia. One to Melbourne then Dubai, One to Sydney then Singapore, One to Brisbane, Bangkok. There was still one team here around 7pm waiting to fly out."

mez:
*Hi, this is completely unconfirmed and comes to me third hand but my mother was listening to a talk show on the radio yesterday here in NZ and there was a woman from Tauranga on who said that a reality show had been through there-well, the Tauranga-Mount Maunganui area (in the North Island, not far from Auckland). I asked my mother if the woman had said when and she said no but she got the impression listening that it was in the last month.

selwyn:

*I've spoken to people within the industry who had direct involvement with The Amazing Race in New Zealand.
*They definitely did a leg here, roughly the dates I mention earlier (Apr 30 - May 2) but I think it may have run a day late.
*I am not totally sure where they traveled, but it was out of Auckland south into the North Island (this would fit with Tauranga or Rotorua, or both).
*And I have no idea where they pit-stopped.
*There were as many a 10 local crews on the job, plus the standard travelling crews. This was definitely the CBS Amazing Race, not a localised variant (the Asian version has been here twice in the past).

selwyn adds:

*My informants also tell me that at least one team was quite a way behind at the end of the NZ leg. So it's possible that not all teams land in Cambodia the same time.

•Phil interview:
•Q: You're also going back to your birthplace, New Zealand, the adventure capital of the world, for the third time. What new thrills can we expect to see?
•A: New Zealanders are very proud of their indigenous Maori culture, and we were looking to get something of that in the show. We ended up having the teams search for Maori warriors on an extinct volcano (near Auckland), and it was the most magical morning when they arrived: As the sun was rising, there were these warriors doing the haka (a traditional war dance) with a magnificent rainbow over the top of the hill.

puddin:
Clues~

ONE RACER FALLS DURING A DETOUR AND FEARS SHE MAY HAVE BROKEN HER ARM, WHILE ANOTHER TEAM STARTS TO FALL APART EMOTIONALLY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, OCT. 19

"I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?" -

*Teammates clash as one accuses the other of behaving like a dictator.
**while another Team struggles to keep their relationship intact
*A team is stranded on the side of the road. Will the aid of a local save their Race?
*While navigating a tricky Detour, one Racer takes a hard fall and injures her arm,
**One racer wipes out and fears broken bones. Will they push through the pain to reach the Pit Stop?

Fly to Auckland, NZ

" I wonder if they like Blonds in New Zealand?"

Airport Drama Equalizer

Every man for himself .. race to grab a car

".. got passed bad"

Flat tire "helllpppp"

Fast Forward at the Sky City Tower 
production slideshow , again thanks to schwarzmoor's find

Roadblock= who has a eye for detail?
Phil-- We ended up having the teams search for Maori warriors on an extinct volcano (near Auckland), and it was the most magical morning when they arrived: As the sun was rising, there were these warriors doing the haka (a traditional war dance) with a magnificent rainbow over the top of the hill.

Christy & Andrew

pinky

Toni

Detours, Blokart or Kiwi stomping ?

Kiwi's
Sarah and Terence

DAndrew

Blokart

Nick & Starr

DAndrew

Pitstop, Phil and dad!

puddin:
You can read here when TARA2 went to Auckland.  :sucks

puddin:
OMG the TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!! "Blondes..."

"I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?"

Hooky:
That's a terrible title! I know the spoilers, but that doesn't mean everyone in the world does.

They need some new title making staff. :groan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version