Author Topic: EP3: 10/12 'Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?'  (Read 111875 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP3: 10/12 'Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?'
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
It sure looks that way to me. I am confused, however, by the sight of two professionals in the ring with the wrestler. One appears female and one male. It is possible that it is a 2 on 1 tag team with the AR13 wrestler getting the help of a cholita to fight a male wrestler(the ones shown in the photo).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:17:56 PM by apskip »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2008, 02:17:17 AM »
I predict that the order of teams reaching the Cholita Roadblock will be:

1)  Terence & Sara
2)  Ken & Tina
3)  Marisa & Brooke
4)  Mark & Bill
5)  Toni & Dallas
6)  Nick & Starr
7)  Aja & Ty
ocho)  Andrew & Dan
9)  Kelly & Christy

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2008, 02:29:58 AM »
i dunno Chateau , the roadblock is before the pitstop and we know that either M/B or the blondes get eliminated in this episode....and they are pretty high up there on your prediction list.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2008, 02:53:28 AM »
thats arriving Michael not leaving!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
Is it two rounds?
1 vs 1 and then 2 vs 1?

1 vs 1

2 vs 1

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »
Is it two rounds?
1 vs 1 and then 2 vs 1?

1 vs 1

2 vs 1

How about tag-team.  Start with one person in the ring and then tag to add the other wrestler?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Chateau, can you share with the class why you think they arrive in that order? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
Slowhatch gave us a cholita link upstream that talks about the two kinds--one is more world of wresting and one is more gymnastic, so maybe the two is so you can do the fancy flips and all...maybe they give the girls a break? :duno:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:33:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:37 PM »
Chateau, can you share with the class why you think they arrive in that order? :lol:

Okay georgiaTeach  :funny:

1)  Terence & Sara arrive ahead of Nick & Starr because there are no vendor tents

2)  In this shot, Tina is cheering Ken because he has satisfied the Roadblock by doing whatever to the Cholita.
Terence & Sara are nowhere to be seen (because they have finished it and they are gone now).  Marisa & Brooke are there in 'next' position.  Mark & Bill are there in 'next' position after Marisa & Brooke.  Nobody else is there yet.

3)  In this shot we see that more teams have arrived.  Next in the line up are Toni & Dallas, Nick & Starr, Aja & Ty, and Andrew & Dan.  We know this group of teams has arrived after the other teams on the bench because of the outside shot of Nick & Starr exactly where Terence & Sara where but now there are vendor tents in the background.  Marisa and Mark have failed to beat their Cholitas and the ring is passed on to Dallas.  Here we see Toni cheering because Dallas has satisfied the Roadblock.

4)  I placed Kelly & Christy at the end as opposed to the beginning because they have trouble reading clues  (:;)  They may still be in Fortaleza.  But, really, that part is arbitrary.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:56:11 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Heee...see, I KNEW there was an answer! :thankyou: !!  georgiateach indeed! :lol:

Well, we do see Christy/Kelly with Nick at one point, so let's hope they are ahead!

Sorry for the scare, but glad we gave you guys some good laughs! Get ready for next week...it's gonna be GOOD!  :knuckles: XOXO - Christy/Kelly

But I don't want anyone to go home!!   :'( There is a rainbow coming next week and I want them all there to see it, darn it all! :)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
Yeah, I'd guess that K/C are at the front as opposed to the back, but IA with your other arrival order predictions Chateau... Unless they TAKE DOWN the tents as opposed to putting them up?  :duno:

Are you sure that all the teams checked into the pit stop within 10 minutes of each other in leg2 Chateau?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Arrival times:  Yes, it's really tight.  Take a look at the shadow on the sidewall of the pool directly behind the racers when they are on the mat.  There is not much water in the pool so we see the sidewall .  And it is a curved wall as in the side of the pool is curved as you walk around it.  That means that the shadow line will slide along the wall as the sun moves westward.  That shadow line barely moved at all for the first 5 teams.  For the next 3 teams it has moved a few inches.  Finally, for the eliminated team it has moved by a few feet (we don't ever get to hear their check in time but I guess they were apart form the other teams by a wide margin considering how tight those 8 were).  But still, even seeing the shadow move by a few feet on that curved wall is 20 min tops.  Maybe Tony & Stephanie had a flat tire  :funny:

It's a mob finish!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »
Thinking about the altitude here:

Having climbed to more than 16000 feet, (Mt Kenya), I remember the headache, sleeplessness, and fatigue pretty well.

I am thinking that all of our guys (not just Mark) may well feel the effects of the altitude here, perhaps making them even more cranky w/ each other than usual?

Our racers have no chance to follow the recommended acclimitisation and certainly no chance to rest and take it easy for a few days...

From a great article by Rick Curtis, Director, Outdoor Action Program, Princeton University. (link below)

Altitude is defined on the following scale High (8,000 - 12,000 feet [2,438 - 3,658 meters]), Very High (12,000 - 18,000 feet [3,658 - 5,487 meters]), and Extremely High (18,000+ feet [5,500+ meters]). Since few people have been to such altitudes, it is hard to know who may be affected. There are no specific factors such as age, sex, or physical condition that correlate with susceptibility to altitude sickness. Some people get it and some people don't, and some people are more susceptible than others.

Symptoms usually start 12-24 hours after arrival at altitude and begin to decrease in severity about the third day. The symptoms of Mild AMS are headache, dizziness, fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of appetite, nausea, disturbed sleep, and a general feeling of malaise. Symptoms tend to be worse at night and when respiratory drive is decreased. Mild AMS does not interfere with normal activity and symptoms generally subside within 2-4 days as the body acclimatizes. As long as symptoms are mild, and only a nuisance, ascent can continue at a moderate rate.

If the altitude sickness were to be severe, immediate descent would be indicated, perhaps requiring a medical elimination:

Moderate AMS includes severe headache that is not relieved by medication, nausea and vomiting, increasing weakness and fatigue, shortness of breath, and decreased coordination (ataxia). Normal activity is difficult, although the person may still be able to walk on their own. At this stage, only advanced medications or descent can reverse the problem.

Here is all you'll ever need to know about high altitude sickness: :lol:
More prevention, causes, treatment info...

http://www.princeton.edu/~oa/safety/altitude.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
Maybe Tony & Stephanie had a flat tire

IIRC, they said in interviews that they had an unaired taxi driver that got lost, continuing their bad taxi karma...

So major bunching at the airport then, huh? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »
Okay georgiaTeach 

1)  Terence & Sara arrive ahead of Nick & Starr because there are no vendor tents

2)  In this shot, Tina is cheering Ken because he has satisfied the Roadblock by doing whatever to the Cholita.
Terence & Sara are nowhere to be seen (because they have finished it and they are gone now).  Marisa & Brooke are there in 'next' position.  Mark & Bill are there in 'next' position after Marisa & Brooke.  Nobody else is there yet.

3)  In this shot we see that more teams have arrived.  Next in the line up are Toni & Dallas, Nick & Starr, Aja & Ty, and Andrew & Dan.  We know this group of teams has arrived after the other teams on the bench because of the outside shot of Nick & Starr exactly where Terence & Sara where but now there are vendor tents in the background.  Marisa and Mark have failed to beat their Cholitas and the ring is passed on to Dallas.  Here we see Toni cheering because Dallas has satisfied the Roadblock.

Except this is Terence

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
http://www.machupicchu-inca.com/acclimatization-at-peru.html

Cocoa tea   :tup:

Banzai, are you sure you don't mean Mate de Coca tea? The website you provided says it is cocoa tea, but I believe that its authors are substituting "Cocoa" for "coca" in their translation to English. Here are some statements from a variety of articles:

Bolivia, the world's third biggest cocaine producer, should redesign its coat of arms to include coca leaves

The coca leaf can also be used to make tea, and as such provides many of the same medicinal qualities. The use of coca in its boxed tea form is more predominant in upper class Bolivian society. Among the rural population in Bolivia, it is estimated that that 60-80% of the population consumes coca in the traditional acullico form. That number increases to approximately 90% when other forms of usage, such as tea and medicinal preparations, are included.

Coca is a plant in the family Erythroxylaceae, native to north-western South America. The plant plays a significant role in traditional Andean culture. Coca leaves contain cocaine alkaloids, a basis for the drug cocaine, which is a powerful stimulant.
Coca should not be confused with the similarly named South American cocoa bean from which chocolate is made.

Coca tea, also called mate de coca, is a tisane (herbal tea) made using the leaves of the coca plant. It is made either by submerging the coca leaf or dipping a tea bag in hot water. The tea originates from the Andes mountain range, particularly Peru. The leaves of the coca plant contain several alkaloids including cocaine; in fact, they comprise the sources for cocaine's chemical production, though the amount of cocaine in the leaves is so small, around 0.2%

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:47:33 PM by apskip »

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »
It's def. mate de coca... I've been  to Peru and they serve the same thing there for altitude... it's the leaves from the coca plant (used to produce cocaine)

In exchange for this info, can someone pleeeeease tell me where I can find the video of commerical for Ep3 that you've taken all those stills from?  I've been looking and can't find it anywhere, really want to watch before the Ep actually comes on!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »
In exchange for this info, can someone pleeeeease tell me where I can find the video of commerical for Ep3 that you've taken all those stills from?  I've been looking and can't find it anywhere, really want to watch before the Ep actually comes on!

There are 3 previews:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zb87_tar13-ep-3-preview-1_travel
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zg66_tar13-ep-3-preview-2_travel
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6zgfd_tar-13-phils-diary-2_travel

:wohoo:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »
Except this is Terence

:groan:  Well that pretty well flushes my theory.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
Im sorry Chateau  :kuss:

a few new frames ..Terence on  the bike I think

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
oops, and there are the tents....we just had a bad angle before.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,17615.msg355214.html#msg355214
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
I was just working on that peach GMTA

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »
About the tea: TAR7 racers were given some mate at the Cusco airport. They didn't have to pay, and I'm not sure if it was sponsored by production or the city/airport (about 4:10 into the video here). It's not illegal in Bolivia (far from it), so either it wasn't handed out this time for unknown reasons, or it was used but just didn't "take" (El Alto is nearly 700m higher than Cusco).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
a few more  :hearts:

video slowed down a little