Archive > The Amazing Race 13 Spoilers/Speculation

EP3: 10/12 'Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?'

(1/71) > >>

puddin:
Episode Detail: Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge? - Amazing Race 13
The nine remaining teams travel from Fortaleza, Brazil, to La Paz, Bolivia, on the third leg of the race.

Leg 3

La Paz, Bolivia and beyond ..(no photos  :'( )

La Paz, Bolivia 4/28/08

Updates on our life in (La Paz), Bolivia
*ok, fun tidbits now! The day we took possession of our apartment we were crossing the park in front of our building and noticed a lot of people and some really weird all wood bicycles.
*I noticed a lot of the people around them looked like the rich gortex-wearing tourist we see and/or the Discovery Channel crew that worked with us last year.
*Then I noticed it: a yellow signed that said "U-Turn" with a yellow and red flag on it... It was The Amazing Race!!!!! (It's a fun reality show, google it if you don't know what it is) I was sooooooo excited! I was torn between staying there until contestants showed up or going into our apartment. Given Wes' lack of enthusiasm I decided to go back home. But hey, next Amazing Race they will be showing our building and our park!

Update

Hi peach,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, we didn't have any internet access for the last 10 days.
*As for your questions, it's a bit hard to remember (as I'm not as obsessed by details as you guys are!) but we are rather certain we saw the Amazing Race on May 28th in La Paz.
*They were in Plaza Abaroa (sometime called Plaza Avaroa), in the neighborhood of Sopocachi. From our apartment, we also noticed a lot of commotions and big tv lighting in the parc of the Monticulo, near Plaza Espana.
*I am like 80% sure the sign said U-Turn but as soon as I shouted "Oh my god it's the Amazing Race" some of the workers covered the sign. I know it wasn't one of those thing where you can put the picture of another team.
*So just a big yellow sign with the flag beneath it. What else... The bikes were similar to the ones on the picture you sent but less shabby looking. And they were next to wooden head gear with lots of feathers on it. I didn't see any teams. Oh, but also, there were lots of brass bands typical of Bolivia. I'm not sure why they were there. 

Chateau d if:
  El Monticulo aka Subida Monticulo and inside is this Neptuno en el Monticulo

Chateau d if :Here is a company that makes wooden bikes in Santa Cruz, Bolivia:  Holzkönig
They have several variations of frames.

:bar:
Blog: Santa Cruz, Bolivia 4/29/08

Blog:Santa Cruz to Buenos Aires
Tuesday 4/29/08 

Now, airports are not on my list of favourite places to be stuck at the best of times, and unfortunately Santa Cruz airport is fairly small - apart from when we saw Phil Keoghan (of Amazing Race fame) waiting for a plane too - now we are wondering if the Amazing Race was in town - that would be cool!

:bar:
Santiago, Chile 4/30/08

Teams seen in Santiago Airport:
My flight out of Santiago   by Justin Vorel  
*And as a special bonus the several teams from the Amazing Race through the airport while I was there.

More from Jason
*He was in the airport on April 30th.
*He saw teams, each accompanied by a camera and sound guy start arriving in the early evening.
*They all appeared exhausted and after ticketing at different counters, some went for a bite to eat and some just crashed. He emphasized that he didn't know what they had been doing, but all seemed tired and dirty.
*He saw teams arriving in 2 "waves".
*The first prob 5 to 6 teams (some difficulty sorting out camera people from teams) arriving earlier maybe 4-5PM and the second smaller group of 1 or 2-3 arriving an hour or so later.

Re teams:
*He saw 2 girls he called "the sisters" (but could have been friends also) dressed in blue shirts
*2 younger teams --couples he thinks
*One older gray haired maybe 45 yrs man (unclear here whether racer or production)
*He points out that almost all the Int flights leave Santiago in the eve. He thinks most of the teams were going by 7+ or so. His flight left about 8.

Kiwi Jay:
lol. who do you reckon that is. I think its Mark  :lol:

puddin:
RACERS PUT THEIR LUNGS AND WRESTLING SKILLS TO THE TEST IN THE HIGH ALTITUDE OF BOLIVIA, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 13," SUNDAY, OCT. 12 

"Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?" -
*When Teams square off against a Bolivian wrestling group, Racers find themselves struggling for every breath due to the high altitude,
*The high altitude of La Paz, Bolivia leaves one Racer breathless—literally. Will he be able to catch his breath before it’s too late?
*Racers don spandex and take up the mantle of Fighting Cholitas.
*One Racer flies out of control on a Stone Age bike and a conflict over a sports bra sparks a mad-dash to the U-Turn.
*and an argument over a lost piece of clothing carries over to the course as two Teams battle to avoid elimination.

Fortaleza to La Paz .... race race

Roadblock wrestle cholitas

Aja/ Andrew/Pinky/Bill

Mark  :lol:

Dallas

Nick

Dan

Kelly

umm a Blond

Ken

Ty thanks peach

*One Racer flies out of control on a Stone Age bike and a conflict over a sports bra sparks a mad-dash to the U-Turn.
*and an argument over a lost piece of clothing carries over to the course as two Teams battle to avoid elimination.
Christy-"'Did You Push My Sports Bra Off the Ledge?

Detour, ride wood bicycles down a cobblestone road

Christy & Kelly

Ken & Tina

Terence

Detour option, shopping?

Aja

Dallas and Toni

Bill

Marisa & Brooke

Pitstop

Terence & Sarah (pitstop?)

Brooke and Marisa Bolivia Plaza per Boingo (pitstop?)

puddin:
Q. This season's show includes stops in three new countries: Bolivia, Cambodia and Kazakhstan, the former Soviet republic best known as Borat's fictional homeland. Impressions?
A. La Paz, Bolivia, is the most extraordinary city. We fly in (to one of the world's highest airports at 13,000 feet) and climb from there up to this place where the teams have to perform with cholitas, or female wrestlers.

USA Today

puddin:
As I suspected, these probably belong here :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version