Author Topic: 24 Sunday, Jan. 11, 2009  (Read 65195 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 24 Sunday, Jan. 11, 2009
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:34 PM »
On another message board, someone said he thought that Tony could go rogue again and damn, he was right. I should have listened. For a bit, I looked for signs, but after Tony got into Starkwood and was duped by Greg Seaton, I thought he was on the up and up. But now, I have no idea what to believe. When Nina turned, she turned and never came back.

Now has Tony been working for Hodges all along or is he doing another secret operation? This is going to be really interesting.

Will the rest of the season be Tony vs. Jack? Hmmmm.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2009, 10:09:29 PM »
On another message board, someone said he thought that Tony could go rogue again and damn, he was right. I should have listened. For a bit, I looked for signs, but after Tony got into Starkwood and was duped by Greg Seaton, I thought he was on the up and up. But now, I have no idea what to believe. When Nina turned, she turned and never came back.

Now has Tony been working for Hodges all along or is he doing another secret operation? This is going to be really interesting.

Will the rest of the season be Tony vs. Jack? Hmmmm.

Well maybe it will be Jack vs Tony. I do recall Jack being short with Tony about giving himself up and I thought it was strange considering they had just been working together. On another site, they think he didn't really smother Larry but had chloroform in his palm which he got from the backpack and he's nearly dead but not dead. (Wouldn't that cause a problem when Larry comes too in the hospital?) ???

We know there are more people in on the plot since Hodges sneered in Mrs. President's face. I need to replay the preview if the DVR caught it to see what is supposed to happen next week. Missed it because of a phone call.

You better check that other site out again Ken, we need answers!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »
More questions than answers... ???

Kill the last few seconds of the first video if you don't want to see the Sprint ad. On the Sprint cell preview the writer says, paraphrasing, 'We now know that Tony is the  bad guy but in the next episode, Jack and Tony work side by side, will Jack figure it out.'

I think Janis is up to no good, she asks too many questions. Greg is still suspect, how does Mrs. President Lady know him?

Is Larry really dead? Why would Tony try to help him, then smother him. Who is that bad guy and how does Tony know him. In the first clip someone named Matt calls Hodges favorite lawyer. Who is "Matt?"  Some is waiting at the lawyer's door, but then we see her talking to Hodges.... (or is it a lookalike?)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
There was debate on one of the message boards if that was Tony or someone else spraying the lawyer. I doubt it's Tony.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:23 PM »
There was debate on one of the message boards if that was Tony or someone else spraying the lawyer. I doubt it's Tony.

No, I don't think it was Tony. We don't know who it is, or why they would spray her... yet.  I have to say this is the most unpredictable 24 ever!  :yess:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
What do we make of this? Is this the blond lawyer perhaps? Tony didn't call her though, the caller said This is Matt. (Or Mac)

I read in Entertainment Weekly that in the upcoming episodes “Tony finds time for some nookie.” Explain.
Well, I wouldn’t say he finds ‘time for nookie.’ I would say that there’s a character that is revealed who Tony's involved with. Not a familiar face, someone new.

http://www.indianas4.com/pages/landing_television/?SPOLER-ALERT-Carlos-Bernard-talks-about-=1&blockID=265926&feedID=2443

Or this:

From Michael Ausiello, Entertainment Weekly, March 6, 2009

As a new population-decimating threat is revealed, Jack gets a visit from his cougar-loving little girl, Kim, who reappears sans cougar but plus husband and daughter; Tony finds time for some nookie; and the prez's daughter emerges as 24's most ruthless villainess since Sherry Palmer. Oh, and more familiar faces will die, but you pretty much figured that, right?"

Husband and daughter??   Do we have time for all of this right now and the couger?  :lol:

I like this prediction!

Question: Will Annie Wersching be back next season on 24? I hope so. The Jack-Renee dynamic is one of my favorite things about this season. --Josh
Ausiello: Not only is she coming back next season, but exec producer Howard Gordon tells me that "some part of her past will be necessary in the context of the next crisis." Gordon also confirms that Cherry Jones' President Taylor will return for the Big Apple-set Day 8. "Cherry truly defined this character and fashioned our first truly aspirational President since David Palmer," he says. "She brought an emotional weight and intelligence that exceeded even our expectations."

http://tinyurl.com/dxssy7

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »
I hope Olivia comes back too. Not only is she hot, but she's fun as well! Plus, I liked Sprague Grayden in Jericho. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
I hope Olivia comes back too. Not only is she hot, but she's fun as well! Plus, I liked Sprague Grayden in Jericho. :tup:

I'm thinking she will. Hot? Not for me, she's about as exciting as old dishwater.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »
RFF did NOT get an exclusive but EW's Ausiello did. 

Exclusive: '24' moving to New York!

Apr 14, 2009, 07:21 PM | by Michael Ausiello

After six seasons in Los Angeles and one in D.C., Jack Bauer is taking his one-man show to Broadway!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that 24 will be relocating to New York next season -- at least on screen. (The show will still be primarily shot in Los Angeles, with some NY location footage mixed in.)

Production on Day 8 gets underway next month, but already details are emerging. In addition to the move to the Big Apple, CTU will make a comeback under the leadership of a new, yet-to-be-cast male character by the name of Brian Hastings. Described as an MBA type with a razor sharp intellect, Hastings will be joined by two new twentysomething agents (one male, one female), as well as Mary Lynn Rajskub's returning Chloe.

As previously reported, Slumdog Millionaire's smarmy game show host, Anil Kapoor, is joining the cast as Arman Hashemi, a Middle Eastern leader on a peacemaking mission in the U.S. Casting is underway for the roles of his brother and wife.

Source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/exclusive-24-mo.html

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
Thanks for that "Exclusive", TL!  :hugs: Good to know there's definitely gonna be a 
Season 9!  :wohoo:

Thanks to both of you...TL & TA...for all the news and comments.  I've  watched/taped every ep so far...and enjoyed it all.  Love this season!  What a great comeback from Season 7.  :jumpy:

However, I was really saddened about the head FBI guy (opps...his name flittered away  :groan: ) who Tony killed.  I need to rewatch the tape to see why he had to do that, :duno: even if the FBI guy wasn't a fav of mine.  Geez, I just scringed as Tony smothered him to death.  :'( :'(   Scringing now as I write. :groan:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
Rudy, just as Larry was beginning to be more interesting he's killed! (Or seriously harmed but could he have survived his wounds from the gun shot?) It was gruesome watching him dying.  Scringing is right!

What do you think? Has Tony gone rogue again? I think not, but he is still after someone bigger. Someone on a blog suggested he is looking for a cure for Jack, but that makes no sense, why would he kill Larry?

It looks like Olivia is going to have a bigger role which makes Ken happy and I suspect it will carry over into Day 8. It's middle of the night right now, how much trouble can she stir up in the next few hours.  ;) Mrs. President Lady must stay in office as well. (I hope she divorces the First Whatever or he goes to a long term rehab facility!)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2009, 02:33:15 AM »
Charles Taylor has to go! He has slowed down the plot every time he's been on.

I like Olivia. That vixen! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2009, 03:23:33 AM »
Charles Taylor has to go! He has slowed down the plot every time he's been on.

I like Olivia. That vixen! :lol:
  :ythat: TA, about Taylor & Olivia. 

Surely, a manly character could've been cast for First Gentleman!  He's a wimp, and they're a mismatch!  Maybe he'll kick the bucket.  Wish it could've been him dying instead of FBI's Larry.  But then Pres Taylor would be distraught & who knows where the story would've gone in that case! 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
I love President Taylor. She's the best President on 24 since President David Palmer.
Just here to visit.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
Yep, I agree, TA.  She is great!  :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
Previews for tonight:

First, Tony tells the guy who stole the canister for him to stay put.

Next, Kim tells Renee she's not going to try to help Jack with the experimental treatment.

Third, Walker is informed Moss is dead.

Finally, Renee informs Jack that Moss is dead.

This might be a slow episode.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
Slow!! I'll say! I just find it hard to believe Tony has gone rogue.

BTW, Annie Wersching is a great actress! Her performance deserves an Emmy. Watching her in the clip when she finds out Larry is dead is just perfection.

4 hours till showtime.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
For a transitional episode, it was actually good. The grade.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:52 PM »
For a transitional episode, it was actually good. The grade.

What a strange day this has been! Even dying, Jack is better than any other FBI agent around.  :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »
As far as I can determine, this is the schedule for the rest of the day for Jack, four more weeks, April 27, May 4 and May 11 will be one-hour episodes and a two-hour season finale on May 18.

I want to get to the end of this hour, but I don't want it to end. I am conflicted and need serious mental health intervention.  :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »
Slow!! I'll say! I just find it hard to believe Tony has gone rogue.

BTW, Annie Wersching is a great actress! Her performance deserves an Emmy. Watching her in the clip when she finds out Larry is dead is just perfection.
4 hours till showtime.
You can say that again, TL!!  She is a fantastic actress! I was telling a friend, also a 24 fan, that she should win awards.  He agreed and said she's so great, she'll land a huge role after 24!

I don't recall seeing Annie Wersching in other roles.  Not sure if she's new, or I just didn't happen to watch whatever show she was in.

Re: Tony, I don't know what to think.  :duno:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
Annie was on General Hospital before this, plus doing some various cameo primetime TV appearances. This is her first major primetime TV role.
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2009, 12:25:49 PM »
Now that Annie has become known thanks to 24, this won't be her last prime time TV role, that's for sure.

I watched the Sprint sneak peak this morning, the writers say Chloe brings back CTU at the end of the episode and Chloe takes on Janis. (Haven't found the video online yet.) Jack tells Renee that Tony has gone bad and he blames himself, he knew something wasn't just right.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »
I've just had a horrible thought.  :umn:  *** is in a taxi.. the way it always happens on 24 if you are in a taxi, you will be hijacked. The bad guys always know where an important character is at any moment and can zero in on them in an instant.

Jack will have to hunt for her while trying to keep Renee from imploding, Tony from exploding, finding the mystery man bent on destroying the government and all the while not dying from Mad Cow disease.

BTW, they won't need ***'s stem cells to save Jack, they probably saved the umbilical cord when the baby was born, and are frozen. So end of problem saving Jack without chancing doing anything harmful to ***

(Note to writers, no one reads what I say so don't change the script about the saving Jack part..)  :angel:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:08:48 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »
I have been waiting for that moment when Kim is taken from the taxi and becomes "Kim-in-Peril" again. I know it's coming. There's nothing I can do about it, but I fear that's what's coming.
Just here to visit.