Author Topic: TARA 2 Thoughts (yes, I am a season behind, but catching up)  (Read 3638 times)

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
TARA 2 Thoughts (yes, I am a season behind, but catching up)
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Alright, just got through with Season 2 of TARA and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Although, I do not like the use of "local" celebrities, for me, Paula, Marc and Rovilson were not celebrities. I had never heard of or seen them before the show, so it didn't bother me that they were radio, televison and print ad stars over in Asia.

Marc and Rovilson added a fun factor to the race which, IMHO, the American version lacks on a consistant basis. Usually, I hate the front runner, especially one as dominant as they were but, because they were laughing and joking and having fun while still having a cut throat menality, I hated to see them lose.

Collin and Adrian, which were my pick top win it from the start, need to be invited over to TAR to compete. I think they would open up some eyes and ears here in the states concerning people with a disability. They ran smart and efficient. Never argued and, once again, had fun.

Pamela and Natasha were the perfect casting. Sisters who, during the race, geniunely showed what siblings can accomplish. They fought and they bickered, but they even admitted that their fights were miniscule. They knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and used them to their advantage throughout. And for me, I was extremely heartstrung after (I believe) Natasha suffered the mild concussion after the 10M platform dive. The compassion Pamela showed can only be from a sister (or from a brother). If it had not been for the fact that it was a pit stop next, I am sure the race would have been over for them (voluntarily) because of the injury.

And, finally, Paula has got to be one of the prettiest women in the world. I just loved watching her face whenever it appeared on screen. Just my opinions.

If someone knows where or how to obtain season 1 please let me know.

Bring on Season 3.

Offline bangun

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TARA 2 Thoughts (yes, I am a season behind, but catching up)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:02:53 AM »
I'd have to agree with most of your findings, especially the part about Paula :-[ Marc&Rovilson didn't bother me, but there are others who hated them with a passion. I guess it's one of those love/hate things.
Season one can't be obtained the official way as far as I know, but it's availabe via torrent (just search for amazing race asia on any big BT syndication sites). There are also episodes on streaming sites such as a certain video network ;)