Author Topic: The Amazing Race News  (Read 41001 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: The Amazing Race News
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »
Or it is a mistake, lol.

MsPeach, I think you have hit the proverbial nail, squarely on the head!!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2009, 12:39:30 PM »
Or it is a mistake, lol.

MsPeach, I think you have hit the proverbial nail, squarely on the head!!!!!

they have made mistakes in reports as well, in saying about "dropping non-elimination legs" which all of us thought it meant having zero when it actually meant reducing the pre-Season 12 number. n then the producers gave a stupid excuse later when another report mentioned the discrepancy.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2009, 01:10:10 PM »
I think its a typo too maybe someone can contact the editor?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
I don't know whether I like it or not, but I think 15 episodes could truly be an amazing race! :yess:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

NoluckBoston

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »
Shhhhhhhh!

Don't tell them. Then maybe they will feel obligated to do 15 episodes for us!

}:>

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »
I did not have a better place to put this, so I have it here. Tonight from 10pm to 11pm  Globetrekker will be featuring the Anderson Military Base at Yigo, Guam. I got as far as the eastern gate of Anderson when I toured Guam by public bus in April, 2008 but the curious tourists are not allowed in. For those of you who wanted to see more of the site where AR11 tasks in the Guam episode started, this is your chance. This is on PBS throughout New Jersey and may be shown elsewhere. It is the newest episode of Globetrekker, so look for it in your area if you are interested in this.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
Here is some more Amazing Race news that combines with what's happening with other shows. One of the best new travel shows in "Dhani Jones Circles the Globe" NFL linebacker Jones, an engaging fellow, travels the world competing in athletic contests where professionals let just him join them. He has been to:

Muay Thai in Thailand,
Schwingen in Switzerland,
rugby in England,
dragon boating in Ssingapore,
jai alai in the Basque section of Spain,
hurling in Ireland,
and water rescue in Australia

The main reason to watch is not to see Dhani compete (you can do that by watching Cincinnati Bengals football games). It is the travelogue that takes up about half of each show.

What I find particularly interesting are the current episode's tributes to the Amazing Race. The water rescue task for Dave/Jeff in Queensland won them a FAST FORWARD. Dhani was in the Sydney area, but water rescue is identical there. Also, Dhani visited the Manly OceanWorld Aquarium just like Amazing Race Asia 1.

I highly recommend "Dhani Circles the globe." He still has some more places to visit before this show goes into
Travel Channel reruns (although each one is shown many times in the week it premiers).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »
I discovered some excellent PBS programs this afternoon that relaet to AR11. First was Travelscope where Joseph Rosendo, a decent travel show host, went to San Pedro de Atacama and other places nearby, finishing at the interesting geysers and hot springs of the Valley of the Moon.

Following it was Passport to Adventure, with even better travel hosts in Julie Conover and Mark Jennings. They went to Guam. I had seen this program before but it was still interesting to see the many different things that can be done on that island without being on any military base.

This was on channel 21, PBS from Long Island. If you get a chance I recommend that you take a look at these programs.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Emmy NOminations are annoucned for:

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program American Idol · FOX · FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd. Ryan Seacrest, Host Dancing With The Stars · ABC · BBC Worldwide Productions Tom Bergeron, Host Project Runway · Bravo · Magical Elves for The Weinstein Company, Full Picture, Bravo Heidi Klum, Host Survivor · CBS · SEG Jeff Probst, Host The Amazing Race · CBS · World Race Productions Inc. Phil Keoghan, Host Top Chef · Bravo · Magical Elves, Bravo Padma Lakshmi, Host Tom Colicchio, Co-Host

Outstanding Reality - Competition Program American Idol · FOX · FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd. Ken Warwick, Executive Producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Executive Producer Simon Fuller, Executive Producer Charles Boyd, Co-Executive Producer Patrick M. Lynn, Supervising Producer Megan Michaels, Supervising Producer Dancing With The Stars · ABC · BBC Worldwide Productions Conrad Green, Executive Producer Rob Wade, Co-Executive Producer Matilda Zoltowski, Co-Executive Producer Joe Sungkur, Supervising Producer Ashley Edens-Shaffer, Supervising Producer Kim Kilbey, Senior Producer Erin O'Brien, Producer Project Runway · Bravo · Magical Elves for The Weinstein Company, Full Picture, Bravo Harvey Weinstein, Executive Producer Bob Weinstein, Executive Producer Dan Cutforth, Executive Producer Jane Lipsitz, Executive Producer Rich Bye, Executive Producer Jane Cha, Executive Producer Desiree Gruber, Executive Producer Heidi Klum, Executive Producer Frances Berwick, Executive Producer Andrew Cohen, Executive Producer Shari Levine, Executive Producer Casey Kriley, Co-Executive Producer Rich Buhrman, Co-Executive Producer Michael Rucker, Co-Executive Producer Andrew Wallace, Co-Executive Producer Barbara Schneeweiss, Producer The Amazing Race · CBS · World Race Productions Inc. Bertram van Munster, Executive Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Executive Producer Jonathan Littman, Executive Producer Hayma "Screech" Washington, Executive Producer Elise Doganieri, Co-Executive Producer Amy Nabseth Chacon, Co-Executive Producer Mark Vertullo, Co-Executive Producer Matt Schmidt, Supervising Producer Jarratt Carson, Supervising Producer Evan Weinstein, Supervising Producer Giselle Parets, Senior Producer Michael Norton, Senior Producer Patrick Cariaga, Senior Producer Phil Keoghan, Producer Top Chef · Bravo · Magical Elves, Bravo Dan Cutforth, Executive Producer Jane Lipsitz, Executive Producer Shauna Minoprio, Executive Producer Andrew Cohen, Executive Producer Frances G. Berwick, Executive Producer Dave Serwatka, Executive Producer Rich Buhrman, Co-Executive Producer Liz Cook, Co-Executive Producer Fred Pichel, Co-Executive Producer Casey Kriley, Co-Executive Producer Gaylen Gawlowski, Co-Executive Producer Nan Strait, Supervising Producer Kevin Leffler, Supervising Producer

It looks like the usual suspects.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Tar was nominated for 6 emmys + phils nomination

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »
Does anyone know?  Is "Co-Executive Producer Matt Schmidt" the same "Matt" that posted all of the pics (spoilers?) a couple of seasons ago?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:46 AM »
15 Episodes.......thats a lot of episodes.....lol    Well  with 4 NEL legs, you could do it with 13 teams.....add in a double leg and then you would need 12 teams. Or 12 teams with 3 NELs and 2 double legs.
Well it is possible for them to do a typical season and call it 15 episodes.  They can do the standard 2 hour opening episode, and they could expand the final leg to two hours (instead of the typical two episodes shown in a two hour block).  It would be an extremely cost effective way of generating two additional hours of the show, with a very small increase in the production budget.  Or heck one of the hours could be a highlight episode (they have done it twice before).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
Does anyone know?  Is "Co-Executive Producer Matt Schmidt" the same "Matt" that posted all of the pics (spoilers?) a couple of seasons ago?
Not the same Matt, our Matt was let go  :'(

On a brighter note,  :wohoo:

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »
I don't want to post her photo without permission, so here's a link to a blogger who posts a picture of BVM's office from a recently made visit to "Amazing Race HQ"

http://blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/2009/08/hot-cuppa-radio-talking-three-rivers-amazing-race-and-more.html

I didn't listen to her "appearance on Shaun Daily's TV Talk show on [link to a blog]."

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »
Cool! Recognize the Poland armour and the Auckland Gordian knot, but what about the rest?

And what's with the book on Leningrad Oblast?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 09:31:41 PM »
Kate O'Hare is a journalist who has done many TAR articles...I think she did another interview from their office way back? But nice, 2old4tech, thanks for sharing!

Your eyes are way better than mine, Neobie!! Maybe it is something to do with being next door to Estonia? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 10:01:57 PM »
Cool! Recognize the Poland armour and the Auckland Gordian knot, but what about the rest?

And what's with the book on Leningrad Oblast?
? quick search TAR5, leg 4/5 Pushkin to Saint Petersburg  ....Catherine's Palace, Sadovaya Street, Pushkin, Leningrad Oblast, Russia

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:54 PM »
I saw an AD for AR15 on Tuesday during the Big Brother airing. It was so cool and it got me very excited!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
I have some youtubes i guess I dont think to post them down here in the non- spoiler board *oops

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »
I want to take you back to the Barcelona leg of AR10 where Rob and Kimberly plus Lyn and karlyn elected to do the DETOUR which was a tomato fight based on La Tomatina in Bunol. This year's La Tomatina was held August 26 in Bunol. Here is a link to 22 gory pictures of it:
La Tomatina 2009 - Bunol

If this is your kind of fun, enjoy!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »
I have some youtubes i guess I dont think to post them down here in the non- spoiler board *oops

Saw a promo for the two hour premiere during the US Open coverage yesterday. Getting me psyched up! And I'm back for good after a month break.  :casey :casey :casey :casey :casey

P.S. I like that new banana smiley!  :jam: :jam: :jam:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »

Saw a promo for the two hour premiere during the US Open coverage yesterday. Getting me psyched up! And I'm back for good after a month break.  :casey :casey :casey :casey :casey

We've missed you Ken :luvu:  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »
Hello, my cupcake! I'm back with a vengeance! I won't say anything about the spoilage in here, but you guys were busy while I was gone. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »

That's what I said when I returned! :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
'The Amazing Race': Is UCF's Miss America taking part?
posted by halboedeker on Sep 8, 2009 8:16:20 AM

Is Orlando native Ericka Dunlap -- Miss America 2004 -- on "The Amazing Race" this season?

That's the hot rumor on the Internet. CBS won't announce the cast until tomorrow.

Dunlap earned a degree in advertising and public relations from the University of Central Florida. She was the first African-American to win the Miss Florida title. (Dunlap is pictured enjoying her victory after being crowned Miss America in 2003.)

According to Internet buzz, Dunlap and her husband, Brian Kleinschmidt, are taking part in the CBS show.

The 15th edition of "The Amazing Race" will have a two-hour premiere at 8 p.m. Sept. 27.

From The Orlando Sentinel

Link: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/the-amazing-race-is-ucfs-miss-america-taking-part.html