Author Topic: The Amazing Race News  (Read 40943 times)

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race News
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2009, 07:20:42 AM »
^Speak for yourself!!  It's on my Comcast and I was a fan!...of the TAR re-runs too! But oh well, there's too many channels as it is.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »
Thanks Dalton Ross!

10/19/2009 07:21 PM
EW TV Review: "The Amazing Race"
By: Dalton Ross - Entertainment Weekly
When "The Amazing Race" first came on the air back in 2001, it was with a mountain of hype behind it. Fresh off the success of "Survivor," the folks at CBS were sure they had their next exotic reality giant. Then the show had the misfortune of debuting right around the attacks on September 11, and a program about travel on airplanes suddenly wasn't the escapist entertainment fare viewers were looking for. The show was never officially canceled, but in those early years, you never quite new when it would come back on. The network tried it during summer, and they trotted it out whenever another show needed to be taken off the air.

"The Amazing Race" was on life support, and even die hard fans probably wanted it put out of its misery when they staged a truly unfortunate family edition. But a funny thing happened on the way to the ratings graveyard. Slowly, buzz began to build, ratings began to pickup, and here we are now in the show's 15th season. And the newest installment has everything that has made the program so popular, even if it took awhile. You have an often visually stunning spectacle with teams visiting places like Cambodia and the Persian Gulf and taking part in local culture and customs. You have quirky challenges that are sure to entertain by unnerving even the most common of couples. And you have colorful teams to root for and against.

This season, the heroes were Justin and his partner with Asberger's, Zev, who came in first place in one leg, only to lose one of their passports and therefore be eliminated. But equally likeable are Harlem Globetrotters Flight Time and Big Easy. Sure, they're probably there just to promote their basketball team, but so what? They're Globetrotters! On the flip side are the grating Lance and Keri. You always need a good pair of heels to root against, and they definitely fit the bill. The only bummer about this show is that it is almost impossible to DVR since football always makes it start and end late. But I shouldn’t complain. After the way things started back in 2001, I should just be happy that this race is still on.

VIDEO HERE

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
CBS news is doing a story on Blake and his free shoes, they showed a short clip from The Amazing Race, he now lives on a sailboat in LA  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2009, 06:26:39 PM »
Cool!
I want to live on a sail boat.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2009, 10:51:49 PM »
ok this clip is not the one I saw but Blake is there, the story I saw was about Blake ..

Only On The Web: While on assignment for a report, "CBS Evening News" correspondent Daniel Sieberg captures an inside look at Ethiopia, as poverty-stricken children receive new shoes.

eta:

Shoe-Giver Helps Ethiopia

An American businessman has become a "social entrepreneur" by giving away shoes to Ethiopian children in need. Daniel Sieberg reports on this man's American Spirit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5440341n&tag=related;photovideo

Watch CBS News Videos Online  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:03:56 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
Blake rocks. And I have a pair of Toms Shoes. Very comfortable. :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
I think everyone should buy a pair of Tom's shoes for Christmas gifts instead of the usual -- whatever :jam: . It really is a feel good story  :hearts:

http://www.tomsshoes.com/default.asp

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »
Blake and TOMS have had a very good year. First the AT&T campaign that featured TOMS Shoes and Blake in the spring, and now CBS News.

It's ironic that FOX overtook his bid to start a reality programming channel, and now FRC is going off the air in a few months. In the meantime, he starts a shoe business with a unique business plan, and it seems to be working.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 09:03:53 PM »
He's doing more good with TOMS than he ever would with a reality channel.
Just here to visit.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
TAR has been nominated for a 2009 Producers Guild of America award

Variety source article (link)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »
TAR has been nominated for a 2009 Producers Guild of America award

Variety source article (link)

I can see TAR beating all the others (it has swept all the Emmys for outstanding reality competition) except for Colbert Report. Colbert's pretty awesome.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2009, 03:30:51 PM »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Some Canadian Amazing Race "love".
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Race+around+world+grips+Canada/2309534/story.html

all the more reason to make a Canadian Big Brother and Canadian Amazing Race so I can go ON BB:Canada and meet my future Amazing Race Canada partner....(and win both shows).

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Race+around+world+grips+Canada/2309534/story.html

all the more reason to make a Canadian Big Brother and Canadian Amazing Race so I can go ON BB:Canada and meet my future Amazing Race Canada partner....(and win both shows).
Pro:  Canadians love TAR

Cons:  Michael

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2009, 05:03:29 PM »

What if it was Survivor:Canada instead of BB:Canada and Michael was forced to live in an igloo for a month? That might be worth it, eh?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »

:lol: :lol: I love you mswood

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »
wow guys, wow....I'm not feeling the love here!  :knuckles:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:43 PM »
Rosie O'Donnell, Caroline Rhea, and, now, Bonnie Hunt.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/2009/12/reports-bonnie-hunt-tells-staff-talk-show-to-end-this-season.html

I wonder who's going to have racers on in the future.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »
wow guys, wow....I'm not feeling the love here!  :knuckles:
Please, your our King.  How much more love do you want?

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »
I wonder who's going to have racers on in the future.

God willing, Jimmy Fallon.  Or Anderson Cooper.  Yeah, that's wishful thinking.  Maybe Chip could start up a show and he could have racers show up there.  Then we have Regis, but typically, this is reserved for the winners.

Sad to see the show go.  Fortunately, it looks like it'll make it through next season as a whole.  Hopefully, TES will pick it back up next year, but again that's wishful thinking.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »
Not really too sure where to put this...

Who wants to be a Duck Whisperer?
http://theduckwhisperer.bigcartel.com/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
Maybe in the Zwev/Justin thread? I got it too. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
Some interesting comments from Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, as reported by Andy Denhart (link)
CBS' entertainment president Nina Tassler said Saturday she's "high on" both Undercover Boss, which will be launch after the Super Bowl, and the 20th season of Survivor. She also praised the network's other reality series, though she didn't mention Welcome to the Neighborhood.
She also had praise for The Amazing Race, and said that the show will continue "as long as it continues to perform. … We had a great season this year, in particular. Bertram [Van Munster, the executive producer and co-creator,] is a magician." She said that they "have never been a complacent production. They are always looking for new challenges."
Tassler also said "the beauty of having a reality show like Race, like Survivor like Big Brother, these brands that continue to succeed, is because each cycle, when you go into the casting process, you really get an opportunity to almost reinvent yourself. So the combination of great casting, with Bertram finding wonderful, unique and unusual routes, I think just contributes to the longevity of the show."

In other words, expect these shows to stick around for at least a few more seasons.
-- theschnauzers