Author Topic: TARA 3 Episode 2 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoilers**  (Read 32512 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Neobie too! Y'all are doing great!!

Okay, two choices:

They can take a train to Hue on 5/24 OR 5/24 is an extended Pitstop in Saigon before flying to Hue on 5/25.

Or a BUS!!  :jumpy:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:55:07 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
peach there was a zoo, they need to enter the zoo to get to the museum (the pitstop)..

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
i think basing on the preview that they will go to hue by bus (just an assumption) because on the preview it seems like ida & tania's bus had some trouble..

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah I agree with you beyondbreak. Pailin reminds me of Dustin but Natalie is not anywhere near Kandice standard, so I hope its the editing thing.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We get the zoo too?  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Oh I may die of happiness right now! I hope the source is as happy as I am --I have been sending word every few minutes, lol!

Jonnal and beyonddbreak--I love y'all forever!  You did a wonderful job! Can't wait to see it!

:ty :ty :ty

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
well the train I think takes about 16 hours so bus would be stressful ...and long!!

But they have all day/night 5/24 to get there by midday 5/25...

:wohoo: 

Except for the Chiang Mai pitstop these teams have now been running for 4 days w/ no real rest!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yeah I agree with you beyondbreak. Pailin reminds me of Dustin but Natalie is not anywhere near Kandice standard, so I hope its the editing thing.

yeah! and im quite surprised with her attitude..she's miss universe.. so she had probably been in more rough places before.. anyways, all the love to pailin, she really is the force to their team! im glad that she was a sport with all the attitude nat was giving

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm sad to hear Natalie wanted to quit. I'll have to watch the episode and I didn't want to criticize her after watching her in the premiere, but if she pulls a Mai, then I'll have no choice but to go after her.
Just here to visit.

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
well the train I think takes about 16 hours so bus would be stressful ...and long!!

But they have all day/night 5/24 to get there by midday 5/25...

:wohoo: 

Except for the Chiang Mai pitstop these teams have now been running for 4 days w/ no real rest!

well, they are right when they labled this the toughest race ever..henry even said that if there will ever be a pitstop that leg because they have been running for hours :tup:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster

yeah! and im quite surprised with her attitude..she's miss universe.. so she had probably been in more rough places before.. anyways, all the love to pailin, she really is the force to their team! im glad that she was a sport with all the attitude nat was giving

Yeah I think many will see why we love Pailin...Shes the best female in the race besides Bernie. Heck, shes better than the males as well! AD and Fuzzie did really great. Sam and Vince also did well. :tup:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
actually pailin & natalie really would have been on 8th place..the thing is they went straight to their charity & just gave the money w/o having to buy anything becoz the director said that she will be the one to buy the things while mai & oliver had to buy a laptop still before going to their charity.. isaac & william got screwed on the chicken detour, labeling themselves as "city boys", they were slow on getting the chickens

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Pailin sounds wonderful and SO happy for AD/Fuzzie!  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Natalie should not give up because there's always a point where the racers could get bunched. Good for Pailin for being level-headed. Thanks for providing the info, jonnal and beyondbreak.
Just here to visit.

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
Natalie should not give up because there's always a point where the racers could get bunched. Good for Pailin for being level-headed. Thanks for providing the info, jonnal and beyondbreak.

anytime!  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks for the updates and spoilers :jumpy:, good job peach's and source on spoilers :jumpy: :yess: :jam:
Oh I so want to see this  :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Saigon post office:

POST OFFICE
Whether you’re coming to mail a post card or not is beside the point – this ultra-grand French post office, finished in 1891, is one of Saigon’s great buildings. Inside the ornate peach-and-green interior a huge portrait of Ho overlooks the decidedly colonial-era setting. Note the recently renovated maps of Saigon et sus Environs (1892) and Sud Vietn Nam et Cambodge (1936) on either wall as you enter. Sending a post card or letter to the USA/UK/Australia is 9000/8000/7000D (US$0.55/0.50/0.45). Post cards available.
2 Coq Xu Paris Q1, open 7am to 9pm daily

http://www.reidontravel.com/saigon/?page_id=15

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks for the updates and spoilers :jumpy:, good job peach's and source on spoilers :jumpy: :yess: :jam:
Oh I so want to see this  :jumpy:

Thanks! I am dying to see it too!

And again, I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU   :ty to our source for letting us be part of this!

And the best ever spoiler...sounds like everything was there!

Flowershop opens at 6
Some teams don't arrive till afternoon
Ben Tranh Market
Bus to Cai Be
Market boat or catch chickens
and even the zoo!
and William and Isaac eliminated (that info was in the original spoiler but I chose to not say anything other than M/M team until recently, since the show had not even aired at that point and I thought it would be kind of mean, lol.)

But look at what all of the RFF Detectives have done!

Slowhatch found the X-centre
puddin found the paintball challenge
Chateau's times look right on!
Y'all found the church
Y'all found the bridge

I am so proud of you all! :ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I want to see I want to see  :lol:   :jumpy:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've attached a kmz for the canopy based on the map at the bottom of this page; is there a name for the paintball plantation?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
This blog has a few pictures, you can see the patterned plaza , thanks Jules.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
HCMC Pitstop   :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Slowhatch here is the zipline
http://www.treetopasia.com/

and the paintball plantation is at the X-centre!! 
http://www.chiangmai-xcentre.com/chiangmai_paintball.htm
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This blog has a few pictures, you can see the patterned plaza , thanks Jules.

I must have looked at 30000 zoo pictures (and I hate zoos. lol! ) But never saw that sidewalk...

so we can say now for sure thanks to banzai's good eye and the show that this was taken at the Saigon Pitstop at the Museum of Vietnamese History?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :ascared   Question for TARA3 Leg 2 viewers:  I don't see (or hear anything about) taxis...did the racers WALK everywhere in Saigon (HCMC) ?   :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Our friend Calvin at calvin's hub has shared his recap with us again to tide us all over! :jumpy: :jumpy:

:thankyou: Calvin!  :yourock:

http://www.calvinshub.com/2008/09/19/the-amazing-race-asia-3-episode-2/

Tidbits:

Flight of the Gibbon
Their first task is to travel to the village of Mae Kompong and do the Flight of the Gibbon Treetop Adventure where they will ride zip lines over the rainforest.

Mai and Oliver found a willing passerby to let them stay in her house for the night thinking that the venue won’t open till morning. Geoff and Tisha and Henry and Bernie took their time going there as well.

Going to Vietnam
Next task is to go to the Saigon Opera House in Ho Chi Minh City for their next clue.

Ida and Tania arrived at the airport first and were able to secure the first earliest flight to Vietnam via Bangkok before other teams could arrive. 

Next fastest flight is via Siem Reap, Cambodia. Henry/Bernie, AD/Fuzzie, Geoff/Tisha, Niroo/Kapil and Sam/Vince boarded that flight.

Even though Mai and Oliver arrived at the airport early, they weren’t aware of the plane to Cambodia. They got a ticket to Vietnam via Bangkok but it will leave Bangkok in the morning. Fortunately for them, they were joined by the Beauty Queens and the Koreans.

Ida and Tania arrived in Ho Chi Minh early in the evening well ahead of the others and promptly find their next clue.

Please use the link to see the rest and get all the details!  :hearts:

Thanks, Calvin!!
RFF's Golden Rule: