Author Topic: Post Season Updates (please read the initial post for rules for this thread)  (Read 176396 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Post Season Updates (please read the initial post for rules for this thread)
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2009, 06:19:30 PM »
Aw, I have some sad news to report...
many both Michelle and Steven confirmed that Jerry has been diagnosed with throat cancer and has started chemo and his wife has been placed in a home.

Oh, this is really sad news.  :(  My heart goes out to Jerry, his wife and their family.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Post Season Updates (please read the initial post for rules for this thread)
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2009, 07:50:31 PM »
Thanks, Michael for letting us know of the sad news.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2009, 11:02:59 PM »
I guess no one listened in to Steven's chat on Thursday night but you still can click on the link to hear the saved chat. The only info I found so far from the chat is that Steven will be in Iraq for 25 days and that Brian called in during the chat. I've been searching in hope of finding a text transcript of the chat but no luck so far.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2009, 12:28:33 AM »
Thanks to Peach, she gave me a link to find more info on Steven's chat....not a full transcript but here's what I found out so far...

Dan is the one that told Steven about Jerry's cancer and not only that, Michelle confirmed it as well

Brian and Angie called in the chat

Angie, Brian and Steven are planning a special trip, sounding like a cruise, and that Dan and Memphis may go as well

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
Oh wow that is sad news about Jerry

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2009, 08:40:33 AM »
Very sad news about Jerry and his wife.  Makes me wonder with all the troubles he seemed to have with his throat through the summer?  He was hoarse (sp?) and coughing alot.   

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »
Very sad news about Jerry and his wife.  Makes me wonder with all the troubles he seemed to have with his throat through the summer?  He was hoarse (sp?) and coughing alot.   

He was hoarse and coughing a lot wasn't he.. and didn't he complain about his neck hurting towards the end? It's very sad.  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
Oh dear, much sympathy and support to Jerry and his family during this difficult time.

We know he is a strong competitor, so I am sure he will bring that same energy to this new fight!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2009, 05:17:13 PM »
Here's hoping the Colonel pulls through. Semper Fi, Marine.
Just here to visit.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2009, 06:56:45 PM »
Steven just posted his first blog from overseas

In Kuwait

Well, I am in Kuwait and waiting to head to Iraq.  I spent 2 hours on a plane to Atlanta, 14 hours on a plane to Dubai and 2 hours on a plane to Kuwait.  It has been a bit of an adventure getting here.  My luggage was lost and I am down to re-wearing my underwear until my luggage arrives.  I have been taking a few pictures and some video blogs, but I am having trouble getting it off of my camera and into the computer (if anyone has any expertise in getting my SD card to work in computer please help, it has worked before but not now for some reason.  Plus there aren't a lot of great pictures because I have only seen things at night so far.  I haven't seen daylight since I got on my flight Sunday afternoon, it is 3:30 am right now in Kuwait.  I have to say from what I have seen it is a beautiful place and the people are super cool and I totally dig them.  If I can get my SD card fixed I will have some cools stuff to show ya!  Well, i am off to bed, battling jet lag Right now, but I did order room service and ate my cheeseburger and fries while watching a rerun of Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives on the Flat Screen TV in my room ;)  From inside the room it is hard to tell I am not even in America.  Can't wait to send more updates.  Please keep checking back to see what new adventures come my way!

Nuala

« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2009, 04:45:43 AM »
Oh Wow....I am sorry to hear about Jerry.  He's in my prayers and so is his wife. 

Offline gater948

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »

Oh, this is really sad news.  :(  My heart goes out to Jerry, his wife and their family.
[/quote]

Yeah its really a sad news,, :( :(

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
Steven posted two pictures on his myspace from Kuwait

The hotel he stayed at...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Eric Stein, BB8's America's Player's latest myspace blog post:

"The Mandala Maker" (Short Film That I'm In) Is Getting Some Great Early Buzz

Helllllllllllllllo all! I have some exciting news to share with you guys. A few months back, I was lucky enough to film a role in a short film, "The Mandala Maker" written and directed by Sam Borowski. Working alongside actors such as Daniel Roebuck ("Lost," "Matlock," "Halloween," "Nash Bridges"), Tony Award winner and Emmy nominee Terrence Mann, Yangzom Brauen ("Aeon Flux") and more, it's safe to say that I was quite honored to be sharing the screen with such an esteemed cast.

And although he would KILL me if he knew I was doing this, I have to give a shout out to the uber talented writer/director, Sam Borowski. Scope him out and show him some love on imdb, hit him up on myspace, what have you...but jump on this guy's bandwagon now before he blows up. He has a few major projects in the pipeline and in a few years, I'm going to be telling people "a few years back, I actually got to work with Sam Borowski." Haha. I'm telling you...big things are on the horizon for him.

So, in any event, the film is starting to get some exciting press and yours truly got a very nice shout out in one of the articles (SEE BELOW THE DOTTED LINE...my section is towards the end of the article). The NY Daily News and The Asbury Park Press have articles in the works too, and there has been some amazing internet coverage. Yada City online wrote:

("Hello world ….the staff of yadacity wants to know, do you have the patience to create a Tibetan Mandalas? Maybe you should find it – it has healing powers so says the lead character in the new, indie short THE MANDALA MAKER, by Sam Borowski.

The flick, which is getting that “Slumdog buzz,” tells the story of Naomi, a woman who attempts to heal herself from a past tragedy by painting Tibetan Mandalas. FYI, those are circular designs that psychologists - including the legendary Carl Jung- say have 'healing' powers. This opens a whole new world of possibilities for Naomi.

THE MANDALA MAKER is on the fast track to get a nod, in the live-action short category, for the 2010 Academy-Award. The movie was shot on the highest form of High Def ever created ---The Red One HD Camera.")

And here is that article that mentions me! Thanks as always for all of your support as I move forward in the next stages of my career.

Check it out:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filmmaker going in circles -- that's a good thing

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Staten Island Advance
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Insiders tell us that Sam Borowski is making further headway in his career as a writer, producer and director of movies.

After taking home the Audience Choice Award for his film "Rex" at last year's Staten Island Film Festival, and after getting a theatrical release of his film "Creature Feature: 50 Years of the Gill-Man" this fall, the New Springville resident and former Advance sportswriter turned to producing a short script he wrote with St. George resident Gregory Nissen. FYI: Sam is a cousin of actor/comedian Danny Aiello.

The movie, titled "The Mandala Maker," which Borowski directed and produced, tells the story of Naomi, a woman who attempts to overcome tragedy by painting Tibetan Mandalas, circular designs that psychologists -- including the legendary Carl Jung -- will tell you have "healing" powers in them. This opens a whole new world of possibilities for Naomi. But the short film, which portrays Naomi as a struggling artist, is a true Staten Island movie. Borowski opines. And here's why.

The Island, which is a growing community for writers and artists, becomes a character in the film, as does the Verrazano Bridge -- a little homage toward one of Borowski's favorite films, "Saturday Night Fever," which was released 32 years ago.

Filmed almost entirely on location here, it showcases many of the Island's hot spots, from Angelina's Ristorante to Sudsy's Bagels, owned by Sudsy Monchik, the former racquetball champ. In fact, Sudsy's partner friend Frank D'Amato can be seen in the film as well.

There are plenty of other popular Island haunts and places of interest, such as the Postcards 9/11 memorial, Shakti Yoga Center in St. George, a scene on Grymes Hill near Wagner College with a stunning view of the bridge in the background, the All Star Cafe, where the character has a slice of pizza over some serious reading, and even the chic new Z-One, where Naomi can be seen painting a Mandala.

In addition, Borowski shot a scene in one of the same spots featured in "Saturday Night Fever" (he says he's saving that as a surprise), and in The Rubin Museum of Art in Manhattan.

The movie, with Courtney Hogan in the title role, features a strong cast for any film, let alone a short, that includes Sam's longtime collaborator and friend Daniel Roebuck ("Lost," "Matlock," "River's Edge"), with whom he worked on "Rex," and Tony Award winner and Emmy nominee Terrence Mann, as well as Yangzom Brauen of Aeon Flux fame.

Also featured prominently are Indie actor Conor Timmis and New York's own Eric Stein, who was America's Player on the reality show "Big Brother 8." We hear his scene at Sudsy's Bagels in Tottenville is not to be missed!

"The Mandala Maker," which is expected to be a major contender in the live-action short category for the 2010 Academy Awards, will be making the rounds at many Oscar-qualifying film festivals during this coming year, and is expected to be ready in time for the upcoming Staten Island Film Festival in June.

"It is my hope that Staten Islanders can get behind this film, and help us to make a push for the 2010 Academy Award," Borowski said recently.

"Staten Island is my home -- and it always will be. I would like nothing more than to bring home the award for this community, which I have cherished for so long."

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:20 PM »
Congrats to Eric! Thanks for posting this Will.  :hugs:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »
Steven posted more pictures from Kuwait on his myspace...

Steven waiting to get on the plane behind him, was on it flying for 14 hours

His first meal at Kuwait in his hotel room, ordered room service

View of Kuwait City from his hotel room window

Steven at Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

Kuwait's version of Burger King

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »
Jessica & Clayton's engagement picture: (from her myspace)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
Steven uploaded some pictures from Iraq: (from his myspace)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
Jessica looks really happy.

Now Steven has me wondering, what the heck IS he doing there.  :lol:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Steven's blog from Iraq posted on his myspace:

An update from Iraq    

Hello to everyone back home or wherever you are in the world.  Had a few mintues and some working internet so I wanted to post a blog about some things that have been happening to me on the trip.  I have so much to say and not even time to say it all.  Basically life has been a super crazy rollercoaster ride since I stepped foot on the plane over here.  It all started with a 2 hour flight to Atlanta, then a 14 hour flight to Dubai, next a 2 hour flight to Kuwait city, 2 hours to get a Visa, an hour spent filling a report for my lost bag and a 30 minute ride to the hotel, it was a very long day!  Once in Kuwait it was all fancy and fun times, we stayed at a beautiful fancy hotel, J.W. Marriott, with great food and fantastic service.  Spent two nights there then it was a 2 hour flight to Baghdad, this became the most unique and exciting part thus far.  The plane lands on the military side of Baghdad International Airport and we are instructed to exit the plane and wait on the tarmack, next is a very long walk with all my luggage to meet our point of contact, then wait in line to be given linens and assigned a tent.  The first tent I had slept about 25 guys and was very close quarters, no room at all.  We shower and use the bathroom in a trailer that is commonly known as "The Cadillac", it really isn't that bad at all.  Luckily it is winter here right now so the weather is very mild, about 70 during the day and 40 at night, that sounds like ideal weather, but the wind always blows, the sky is always overcast and filled with sand, so bascially it is sometimes hard to figure out where the ground ends and the sky begins.  There is rarely any privacy here and it is so hard to get use to everything being surrounded by Twalls.  Twalls are giant concete slabs that are about 20 feet high, they surround every single structure, tent, bathroom or building here.  It is really hard to figure you way around because all you see is Twalls in every direction, basically you are surround by grey and brown all the time.  The food is pretty good, we eat at what they call the Dfac (Dining Facility) there are lots of choices and the food is very high in calories and starches, I am already starting to get fat :(  The first night was pretty hard to sleep, as I layed in my top bunk all I could hear was the sound of nonstop hellicoptors flying around and other guys snoring.  For the most part I feel completely safe all the time and I am having a great time.  I have met some amazing Airman and Soldiers who live in these conditions day in and day out, I have completely gained a whole new respect for them and want to remind everyone at home to please help support our troops in anyway possible.  They live and work in an environment that most Americans will never see, experience or could even understand.  PLEASE TAKE 1O MINTUES TO READ UP ON HOW YOU CAN HELP SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, I AM LISTING A COUPLE WEBSITES TO CHECK OUT, PLEASE DO THIS!!!
http://www.freewebs.com/helpourtroops/
http://www.operation-support-our-troops.org/
That is all for now, more coming later, I am still trying to get my videos to upload but the internet is so slow and spotty that I can't seem to get any of them to fully upload.  Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
Check out my pics, I got to ride in a C130....
Bye for now from the Middle East...
Steven

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=390227044&blogID=472616234
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:01:14 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »
Jessica looks really happy.

Now Steven has me wondering, what the heck IS he doing there.  :lol:

Yeah, Jessica became engaged last Thanksgiving but no wedding date has been set. She's still in college but graduating sometime this year.

As for Steven, he  is on an overseas assignment for work. If you scroll down some, you'll see a blog where he explains his assignment.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
i haven't read this thread for a while.. and boy did i miss a lot. so jessicka and eric not a couple
dan and mon not a couple and kesha a maby.

and pooor jerry, his wife in a home, that is the worst i am sure he feels realy help less. he likes to b in charge and he loved his wife..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline peppermintpatty

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »
so sad about jerry-prayers go out to him...and jessica really does look happy-cute guy
Go Red Sox!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2009, 12:56:37 AM »
Dan's blog:

Oscar Weekend…

Hey I hope everyone is doing well.  I just got in from LA and wanted to keep everyone updated as to what has been going on.  We had a great trip out to Los Angeles for some Oscar charity events.  LA is a much faster life then back home in Michigan, but it was all for a good cause and I was glad I could help out.

This past Saturday we were at the American Humane Film & TV Unit / Tag the World party at MyHouse in Hollywood.  They did a great job with the event, it was packed, and everyone had a good time.  Sunday was a busy day between the Children Uniting Nations event at the Beverly Hills Hilton, and Leeza Gibbon’s event at Mr. Chow.  It was quiet a whirlwind but all for a good cause.  I had a chance to meet some great people who are very dedicated to helping others, which is what this whole thing is all about.  Monday there was a photo shoot with Philip Alan who does great work, I will try to get them to put the photos on the site so everyone can see them.

This Thursday (February 26th) I will be guest hosting at WIN 98.5 in Battle Creek, MI for the St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital Radiothon.  St. Jude’s is a charity near and dear to my heart.  I ran a marathon for St. Jude’s a few years back and it is one of my favorite charities.  I hope everyone can tune in a make a pledge during the Radiothon.  I will be on from 8:00-10:00AM so check it out!

I appreciate all of the continued support from everyone, it means a lot.  I will be posting on here more often, check out the site later this week, more news coming out soon!

Take care,

Dan

Here are some photos from the weekend…

http://dangheesling.com/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:02:04 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2009, 11:42:34 AM »
Steven posted more pictures on his myspace...his team took a trip to the Great Ziggurat of Ur in Iraq