Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Season 5  (Read 287612 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hell's Kitchen Season 5
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:20:17 PM »
Hell's Kitchen Season 5 :jumpy:

FOX SEALS DEAL WITH CHEF GORDON RAMSAY

Released by FOX

FOX has sealed a new deal with world-renowned Chef Gordon Ramsay. The arrangement will keep Ramsay at the network for several more years and includes an agreement to produce two more installments of the sizzling series HELL'S KITCHEN, another season of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, a yet-to-be determined special and another series.

"Gordon has done an amazing job of creating exciting franchises for FOX," said Mike Darnell, President, Alternative Entertainment. "From the first time I met him, it was clear that he would be a big star in America. He has become one of the faces of FOX,' and we're thrilled that he will be on our network for years to come."

In HELL'S KITCHEN, hot-tempered chef Gordon Ramsay turns up the heat as he puts wannabe chefs through a culinary boot camp as they try to slice and dice their way to the top. HELL'S KITCHEN 5 is scheduled to air midseason. Season Four of HELL'S KITCHEN finished as the highest-rated season in the show's history, ranking No. 1 for Summer 2008 among Adults 18-49.

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES explores the softer side of Ramsay where he attempts to turn one ordinary and empty restaurant into the most popular, sought-after venue in town. Chef Ramsay coaches, cheers and challenges the restaurant staff, all the way from appetizers through dessert. KITCHEN NIGHTMARES currently airs Thursdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

HELL'S KITCHEN is produced by Granada America and A. Smith & Co. Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers. KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is a co-production of Granada America and Optomen in association with A. Smith & Co. Arthur Smith, Kent Weed and Patricia Llewellyn serve as executive producers.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 5
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
.... an interesting article from Variety

Gordon Ramsay cooks with Fox

Fox Broadcasting Co. will be dining out with Gordon Ramsay for a long time to come.
Network has cut a mega-renewal deal with the celeb Brit chef that calls for him to host at least two more seasons of his top-rated "Hell’s Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares." Fox has also given Ramsay a blind commitment for a third series; in addition, the new pact calls for him to host a live cooking spesh in the upcoming season.

Mike Darnell, Fox’s prexy of alternative programming, said he was eager to expand the Ramsay footprint on Fox.

"He’s been unbelievably good to this network," Darnell said. "He’s as much a staple for us now as Simon Cowell or Hugh Laurie."

"Hell’s Kitchen," produced by Granada America and A. Smith and Co., logged its highest ratings to date in its fourth season this year (running from April-July), ranking as summer’s top-rated show with a strong 5.1 rating/13 share in adults 18-49 and an average of 10.1 million viewers. Fox already has the fifth season of "Hell’s Kitchen" in the can; the new pact covers seasons six and seven.

"Kitchen Nightmares," also from Granada America and A. Smith, was a solid performer for the net in the tough Wednesday 8 p.m. timeslot in its debut last season. Sophomore season of the show, which bowed Thursday Sept. 11 with a two-hour seg, will run in the even tougher Thursday 9 p.m. slot opposite ABC’s "Grey’s Anatomy" and CBS’ "CSI."

"They let me be me — that’s the key to our success," Ramsay told Daily Variety. "And we properly understand each other: Fox wants to run a show, and I want to run a restaurant. I want to search for chefs. I try hard to keep it real, and I’m someone who takes all this very, very seriously."

According to Ramsay, the new series will be based on a show he’s now doing for Britain’s Channel 4. "Man Camp," which Ramsay will host, is a kind of boot camp for men whose "ladies are slightly concerned about how feminine they’re becoming," Ramsay explained. The series will put a group of men through physical and intellectual challenges, and by the time they’re done, "They’ll know how to cook for a living" too, Ramsay said.

The live spesh will be patterned after a similar live program Ramsay hosted for Channel 4 in January in which viewers were encouraged to cook a meal along with Ramsay at home.

Darnell promised that the special will be promoted as a "big event," with the recipes for the dishes promoted in advance so viewers can have the ingredients ready to go. (It also lends itself to sponsor tie-ins.) The special is targeted to air in winter or spring, he said.

"This will not be for the blue-rinse brigade, or the Martha Stewart crowd," Ramsay assured. "This is cooking for the young, the vibrant and the tenacious."

Darnell said he’s not worried about Ramsay wearing out his welcome with viewers or overextending himself with a possible third skein added to his Fox roster. He cites the chef’s track record of hosting several U.K. series and overseeing a growing portfolio of Ramsay-branded restaurants, including his new eatery at the London West Hollywood hotel.

"This is a hard-working man," Darnell said. "I honestly feel incredibly lucky to have him here."

Granada America prexy and CEO Paul Buccieri praised Darnell for championing Ramsay and his shows. "He’s been committed to Gordon from day one," Buccieri said.

For Ramsay, his TV gigs on both sides of the Pond have become a "passion," but he also sees it as an extension of his culinary calling.

"I’m a chef, for God’s sake; I’m not standing there trying to act," Ramsay said. "It’s no longer a job — it’s part of the faith (in cooking) I’ve kept for 20 years."

Ramsay is repped by Endeavor.

Link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117992083.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »
.... a blurb in tv guide

Gordon Ramsay’s Cooking Up More for Fox

We're going to be seeing a lot more of Gordon Ramsay in the next few years on Fox.

The brash and brutally honest Brit has signed a deal with Fox for two more seasons of Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. The deal also includes a blind commitment for a third series and a live cooking show special, reports Variety.

What's the bleep-happy chef's take on his new deal? He's thrilled because "they let me be me — that's the key to our success."

Ramsey's new series, which is based on the British show Man Camp, is like a boot camp for men, whose "ladies are slightly concerned about how feminine they're becoming."

No doubt this tough cookie will whip these men into shape faster than he can say, "Shut up, you donkey!"

Have we had too much Ramsay in the kitchen? Or are you psyched for his third show?

.... uhhhh never I am psyched  :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
.... more on Ramsay  :hearts:

Fox Cooks Up New Deal for Ramsay

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay commits to two installments of Hell's Kitchen; one of Kitchen Nightmares; special; additional series.

Fox inked a multiyear contract extension with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.

The deal includes a commitment to an additional two installments of the strong summer competition series Hell’s Kitchen, another installment of Kitchen Nightmares, a yet-to-be-determined special and one additional series to be named.

“Gordon has done an amazing job of creating exciting franchises for Fox,” president of alternative entertainment Mike Darnell said in a statement. “From the first time I met him, it was clear that he would be a big star in America. He has become one of the ‘faces of Fox,’ and we're thrilled that he will be on our network for years to come.”

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Link: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6595727.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40:43 AM »

:funny: LMAO .... a little Gordon Ramsay

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:12:47 AM »

.... just to keep us entertained until HK 5 premieres  :lol:

Part 2 Little Gordon Ramsay

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 06:14:05 AM »

.... last one Part 3  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »

HELL’S KITCHEN HAS 1 EMMY NOMINEE  :jumpy:

Outstanding Art Direction For A Variety, Music Or Nonfiction Programming
Hell’s Kitchen Episode #401

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 10:44:38 PM »
I love it when Gordon says, "I need that John Dory! WHERE IS THAT JOHN DORY?!!! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

I need him and Jack Bauer in my office. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 01:47:56 AM »
I love it when Gordon says, "I need that John Dory! WHERE IS THAT JOHN DORY?!!! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

I need him and Jack Bauer in my office. :lol:

LOL hehehe and one of my favs ..... YOU DONKEY!!  :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:06:32 AM »

:jumpy: Gordon Ramsay wins GQ Men Of The Year Award

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:09:06 AM »

GQ Men of the Year Awards

Gordon Ramsay was awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year Award.

The celebrity chef has successful restaurants and reality shows on both sides of the pond.

Link: http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/Men_Of_The_Year/winners2008.asp

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:41 AM »

:jumpy: GQ Magazine Men Of The Year With Gordon Ramsay Comes Out October 2, 2008  :wohoo:

OCTOBER 2008

Welcome to GQ's 11th annual Men Of The Year awards, in association with Alfred Dunhill, the grandest and glitziest event in the British magazine calendar. After last year's stellar success - which celebrated Sir Paul McCartney, Orlando Bloom and Simon Pegg along with Gordon Ramsay, Sir Michael Caine, Lewis Hamilton and Kanye West - when it came around to blueprinting the 2008 issue some of the more pessimistic GQ affiliates wondered whether we could even match, let alone surmount 2007's spectacular ten-year anniversary celebrations.

Well, naysayers (you know who you are; more importantly we do), we hope we have confounded you, not least by orchestrating the reunion of the biggest band in the history of rock'n'roll - Led Zeppelin, this year's Outstanding Achievement award-winners. Getting three of the world's biggest rock gods onto the same page wasn't the easiest thing to do, but consider it our gift to those of you who couldn't wrangle a ticket to their extraordinary one-off show at the O2 in London last December. Only this time, there's no need to go on eBay, simply turn to page 306 immediately.

But enough macho triumphalism. Other award-winners this year include Manchester United captain and England team brave Rio Ferdinand, pop wunderkind Mark Ronson, mayor of London Boris Johnson (New BoJo - we're happy to report on page 319 - is just like Old BoJo, but now with added hero status. And a personal groomer), the legend that is Tony Bennett (that's right, the worlds greatest living singer), Hollywoods coolest leading man Josh Brolin and Britain's greatest ever boxing champ Joe Calzaghe. Elsewhere in the issue, Piers Morgan keeps the editorial punches flying; his interview with HRH Dame Helen Mirren on page 178 is, quite frankly, astonishing. From Max Mosley's extracurricular activities, being "razzied" in that bikini, to cocaine and the casting couch, Stratford's one-time "Queen of Sex" opens up, lets fly and, for once, leaves the usually loquacious Piers Morgan speechless. Led Zeppelin? Wild? They ain't got nothing on you, Ma'am.

Enjoy the issue.

Link: http://www.gqmagazine.co.uk/thisissue/October_2008/letter.asp

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 04:05:24 PM »
An interesting article from Variety:

Video Games Review:  Hell's Kitchen

Hyperbolic, abrasive celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay brings his trademark verbal abuse -- but thankfully none of the show's moronic contestants -- to the videogame adaptation of "Hell's Kitchen."The game employs Ramsay's high-intensity style to make an unoriginal but competent restaurant management simulator crazier and more fun than it has any right to be. Casual players who want to be authentically cursed out while running a kitchen should make this adaptation at least a modest success.
Since "Cooking Mama" debuted two years ago, the idea of a culinary game on the Wii has conjured up nightmarish visions of wrist-fatiguing, motion-controlled chopping, slicing and dicing. But in the vein of casual PC classics like "Diner Dash" and "Cake Mania," "Hell's Kitchen" tasks players with managing the various aspects of a busy kitchen and dining room via simple point-and-click mechanics.

"Hell's Kitchen's" primary career mode requires players to switch back and forth between a dining area rapidly filling with guests and a kitchen where ingredients need to be prepped, dragged into their respective cooking vessels and monitored to make sure they cook for the correct amount of time. It can get pretty complicated, as games of this successful genre often do.

The Arcade Mode allows players to simply manage the kitchen, juggling increasingly complex dishes. In both modes, it all takes place under the watchful eye of a stern Ramsay, whose fully voiced feedback lets players know if they're handling things well ("Finally I've tasted something delicious"; "I'm a very proud man") or chides impatiently when something gets bungled ("Move your ass!"; "It's rubbish!"). The determining factor in success or failure is whether the chef is pleased with the player's restaurant management -- when the literal flames of his impatience max out, the game's over and an explosive Ramsay exclaims, "Do not touch another thing in this kitchen!"

Those looking to replicate the show's train wreck appeal in which incompetents are constantly berated may be a bit disappointed. Since that wouldn't exactly make videogame players feel good about their purchase, this version of "Hell's Kitchen" features a moderately gentler Ramsay who's much more willing to dish out the praise.

A game that hinges on the management of so many complex elements looks absolutely overwhelming in its later stages, but early on, "Hell's Kitchen" does an excellent job of training players in one element at a time. With so many things to keep an eye on, the game benefits from an intuitive layout that isn't cluttered with too many confusing details. It also wisely eschews presenting a creepy photorealistic Ramsay; he's slightly stylized, but still true-to-life with his signature glower and finger-jab.

Reviewed on Wii.

Link: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117938465.html?categoryid=1079&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »

Hell's Kitchen wii

In Hell's Kitchen, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is prominently featured , blazing up the kitchen with his trademark intensity.

His likeness will taste and comment on the culinary creations of players, as well as judge their overall performance.

The game also features a recipe book with several of Gordon Ramsay’s favorite food concoctions for players to print, try out and share.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 09:59:12 PM »
Gordo's got to call for John Dory! :funny:
Just here to visit.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
 :hearts: :wohoo: :jumpy:

I love these shows!! Kitchen Nightmares is on again tonight. (Nightmares indeed if you ever actually ATE in some of these places!)

Thanks MG!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »
An interesting article:

'WILL RAMSAY MAKE YOU CRY?'

HOT-headed chef Gordon Ramsay is weeding out the weaklings and adding some spice to the next season of his restaurant reality show.

Hundreds of "Hell's Kitchen" hopefuls lined up around a Sutton Place block yesterday to audition for the next installment.

Oddly, the auditions seemed to have more to do with toughness than agility with pots and pans.

"Did you ever get in someone's face?" the candidates were asked. "Did you ever have a fistfight?" "Were you ever beaten up by a girl when you were five?" and "Is Gordon going to make you cry?"

"We're looking for the underdog, the overconfident," says Debbie Ganz, who along with her twin sister Lisa screened wannabes for six hours yesterday. "I want someone who's hungry, whose life will be changed by this."

Applicants didn't hold back as they were grilled by the sisters.

Louis "Big Lou" DePalma, a 41-year-old from Hammonton, NJ, who's worked the kitchen at events for President Bush and John McCain, was happy to share his most embarrassing moment.

The one-time chubby Chippendale - who weighs north of 300 pounds, said, "I was playing baseball, slid into the base and I had no underwear on," he said. He left the humiliating finale of the incident to the casting agent's imagination.

Dwayne Andrews, 36, a line-chef from Philadelphia, humbly admitted that, in his youth, a female classmate got the best of him.

"It brought back memories. Her name was Pamela," he said. "I remember being on that bus and the whole class watched while she beat me down."

The father of eight said of the tryout, "I want this bad. My mother's sick and I'd like to help her."

Mitchell Truesbell, 33, of Mastic Beach, LI, tugged at the heartstrings with his story of last year's tryouts, when he flew to LA as a finalist while his father was terminally ill.

"Go do it for me, son," he quoted his dying dad as saying.

Truesbell didn't make the cut and is back to try again.

Truesbell did splits for the casting agents and broke out in a rendition of "You Light Up My Life" àla "American Idol."

As contestants waited for their opportunity, they took advantage of the restaurant's sprawling bar area.

"Are you drunk?" Lisa Ganz asked.

"I sleep two hours a night. I work 15 hours a day," Carlo Perretti, 34, told the casting girls. "I want this so bad."

He then lifted his shirt to reveal a large tattoo of a crazed chef with bloodshot eyes menacingly wielding a butcher knife while choking a chicken.

"I can dominate," he boasted. "I love the crafts of cooking."

Link: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008/tv/will_ramsay_make_you_cry__134529.htm

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
An interesting article:  :hearts:

Chef Gordon Ramsay star-gazing in LA Michelin guide

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Famed British chef Gordon Ramsay was among the winners as the Michelin food guide unveiled its 2009 list of gastronomic hotspots for Los Angeles and Las Vegas on Monday.

Ramsay, star of television shows including "Hell's Kitchen" and "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares", saw his latest eatery "Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood" earn a coveted Michelin star less than five months after opening.

It was the latest accolade granted to Ramsay, whose restaurants around the world have earned more than a dozen Michelin stars.

"Gordon Ramsay at the London" was one of only 16 restaurants among 310 rated by the guide in Los Angeles to earn a single Michelin star.

Four restaurants, including Wolfgang Puck's legendary "Spago", earned two stars but Los Angeles is still awaiting its first three-star restaurant.

In Las Vegas, meanwhile, 13 out of 140 restaurants earned a single star, while the gambling haven has three two-star establishments.

Revered French chef Joel Robuchon's "Joel Robuchon" at the MGM Grand Hotel, is the only establishment in the guide to earn three stars.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081020/lf_afp/lifestylegastronomyusfrancemichelin_081020222818

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
 :lol: hehehe another interesting article:  :hearts:

Gordon Ramsay served Michelin star for new LA eatery

LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) – Celebrity British chef Gordon Ramsay was served a coveted Michelin star for his new Los Angeles eatery as the Michelin food guide unveiled its second annual lists of top restaurants in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Ramsay, the expletive-prone star of TV shows such as "Hell's Kitchen" and "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares," earned a star for Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood which opened in June, taking his total number of Michelin stars to about a dozen.

His restaurant was among 16 eateries in a list of 343 restaurants and hotels in Los Angeles to be awarded one star while four restaurants were given two stars -- Melisse, chef Wolfgang Puck's Spago, Urusawa and Providence.

Ramsay, 41, who also has restaurants in London, New York, France, Ireland, Tokyo and Dubai, charges $85 for a seven-course chef's menu at his first West Coast venue compared to $135 for a seven-course menu at New York eatery Gordon Ramsay at The London.

No restaurant in Los Angeles has yet managed to snare the top three-star rating from Michelin.

The Las Vegas list featured 172 restaurants and hotels with one establishment boasting three stars -- French chef Joel Robuchon's Joel Robuchon at the MGM Grand Hotel which charges $250 for a six-course chef's tasting menu.

In Las Vegas there are also three two-star restaurants -- Alex, Guy Savoy and Picasso -- and 13 one-star restaurants.

New York City boasts four three-star restaurants among about 69 restaurants worldwide with the top ranking, which means "exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey." Two stars means "excellent cuisine" and one star denotes "very good cuisine."

The Michelin lists are based on the recommendations of a team of inspectors who visit restaurants several times throughout the year, incognito, to decide the rankings.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081021/lf_nm_life/us_food_ramsay_2

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
From Gordon Ramsay's site:

October 2008

Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood awarded Michelin star

In its first year of eligibility, Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood has been honored with one star by the prestigious Michelin guide Los Angeles 2009.

One star in the Michelin guide denotes “a very good restaurant in its category” offering cuisine prepared to a consistently high standard.

Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood is among the sixteen restaurants in Los Angeles to receive the one star rating, as announced by Michelin.

The restaurant’s sister property, Gordon Ramsay at The London in New York, currently holds two Michelin stars. Gordon remains the most starred chef in the U.K. and one of the most starred chefs in the world.

In October 2007, in its first year of eligibility, Gordon Ramsay at The London in New York was awarded two Michelin stars. The restaurant retained its two-star rating this year, as announced by Michelin earlier this month.

“It’s an honor to have been awarded a Michelin star in our first year and I’m extremely proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish in the West Hollywood kitchen led by Andy Cook,” says Gordon. “This has been a fantastic year for us, and we look forward to continuing our success in Los Angeles, as well as with the New York restaurant.”

Gordon made his West Coast restaurant debut in late May 2008 with the opening of Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood. The restaurant is located in The London West Hollywood hotel (formerly the Bel Age), part of the LXR Luxury Resorts collection, at 1020 N. San Vicente Boulevard just steps from the pulse and excitement of the Sunset Strip.

Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood, a sister restaurant to Gordon Ramsay’s two Michelin-starred Gordon Ramsay at The London in New York, offers a distinctive concept fashioned for the sophisticated glamour and energy of Los Angeles, with an exquisite West Coast-inspired menu and an unparalleled level of service. Gordon and his team head up all dining offerings at The London West Hollywood, providing the discerning traveler with an incomparable experience to any other hotel in the city.

The kitchen at Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood is overseen by Chef de Cuisine Andy Cook. Andy joined Gordon Ramsay in 2000 at his eponymous three Michelin-starred Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in London before moving to Gordon Ramsay at Claridge’s as Sous Chef and eventually heading up the kitchen of Gordon Ramsay at The Conrad Tokyo since its launch in 2005.

Last year, Andy joined the kitchen of Gordon Ramsay at The London in New York, helping to oversee operations at maze, the restaurant’s more informal dining offering, under the direction of chef Josh Emett. In early 2008, Andy moved to Los Angeles to begin heading up the kitchen at Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood. There, he oversees several menu offerings inspired by California’s fresh produce, including a changing variety of market specials, a number of à la carte dishes, as well as a three-course lunch menu and six-course Tasting Menu for dinner.

The restaurant’s contemporary cuisine is Western European with subtle Asian influences, highlighting the freshest and finest seasonal ingredients sourced from the region.

Executive Chef Josh Emett of Gordon Ramsay at The London in New York works closely with Andy Cook to oversee the menus in Los Angeles while running the kitchens in Manhattan. Josh became a member of the Gordon Ramsay stable in 2000 when he joined the team at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in London. From there, he went on to work at Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's and then The Savoy Grill where he was named Head Chef in 2003. Josh moved to New York last autumn for the opening of Gordon Ramsay at The London where he now oversees the restaurant’s three distinct dining experiences – Gordon Ramsay at The London fine dining, maze, and The London Bar. Under Josh’s direction, the restaurant was awarded two Michelin stars in October 2007 in its first year of eligibility.

Link:  http://www.gordonramsay.com/corporate/latestnews/forthcomingprojects/newsitem9.html

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
The above article totally destroys the notion that Hell's Kitchen 4 winner Christina has any important role in the London Hollywood West restaurant. When that season finished it looked like she was going to work under the supervision of Executive Chef Josh Emett, the top culinary person at London New York restaurant. However, it makes more sense to have a top culinary person on-site and that is chef de Cuisine Andy Cook(what a name!). That leaves Christina in a basically apprentice role, which is appropriate for someone of her maturity. She is getting paid  big bucks for a relatively minor role.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
The above article totally destroys the notion that Hell's Kitchen 4 winner Christina has any important role in the London Hollywood West restaurant. When that season finished it looked like she was going to work under the supervision of Executive Chef Josh Emett, the top culinary person at London New York restaurant. However, it makes more sense to have a top culinary person on-site and that is chef de Cuisine Andy Cook(what a name!). That leaves Christina in a basically apprentice role, which is appropriate for someone of her maturity. She is getting paid  big bucks for a relatively minor role.

Absolutely Christina was there for training as an apprentice Ramsay isn't crazy

I hope we get a chance to hear more about her experience when HK returns
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 06:31:19 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

Anthony Bourdain on Gordon Ramsey

Anthony Bourdain answers audience questions during a 2008 book signing in Santa Cruz.

He talks about Gordon Ramsey in this segment--says he's a genuinely nice guy.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
 :jumpy:

FOX ANNOUNCES 2008-2009 MIDSEASON SCHEDULE

Released by FOX

"24" IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE WITH TWO-NIGHT, FOUR-HOUR EVENT SUNDAY, JAN. 11 AND MONDAY, JAN. 12

"AMERICAN IDOL" RETURNS WITH TWO-NIGHT, FOUR-HOUR PREMIERE TUESDAY, JAN. 13 AND WEDNESDAY, JAN. 14

INTRIGUING NEW DRAMA "LIE TO ME" DEBUTS WEDNESDAY, JAN. 21

JOSS WHEDON'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ACTION-THRILLER "DOLLHOUSE" LAUNCHES FRIDAY, FEB. 13

GORDON RAMSAY'S "HELL'S KITCHEN" STARTS COOKING THURSDAY, JAN. 29

HOUSE Shifts To Mondays Starting Jan. 19; BONES Moves To Thursdays Jan. 15; TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Travels To Fridays Feb. 13; HOLE IN THE WALL Finds Its Fit on Sundays Beginning Jan. 18

The wait is almost over as FOX announces premiere dates of new and returning series as well as revisions to its 2008-2009 midseason schedule.

January starts with the not-to-be-missed blockbuster premieres of 24 and AMERICAN IDOL. As previously announced, the non-stop action begins and a new day dawns for JACK BAUER (Kiefer Sutherland) when 24 returns with an explosive two-night, four-hour season premiere Sunday, Jan. 11 and Monday, Jan. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). AMERICAN IDOL, television's No. 1 show, returns for Season Eight with a two-night, four-hour premiere event Tuesday, Jan. 13 and Wednesday, Jan. 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

All-new episodes of HOUSE, BONES, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES and HOLE IN THE WALL will air on new nights in midseason. Get real on Mondays with all-new episodes of HOUSE leading into real-time drama 24. Emmy-winning medical drama HOUSE moves to Mondays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and has its time period premiere Jan. 19 followed by the time period premiere of 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

FRINGE, the No. 1 new series of the season among Adults 18-49, will air in its regular time period Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) after AMERICAN IDOL starting Jan. 20.

LIE TO ME, the compelling new drama from the producers of 24, debuts Wednesday, Jan. 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) after AMERICAN IDOL and stars Tim Roth ("The Incredible Hulk," "Reservoir Dogs") as DR. CAL LIGHTMAN, the world's leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he's lying. Based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Paul Ekman, the series follows Lightman and his team of deception experts as they assist law enforcement and government agencies to expose the truth behind the lies.

BOOTH (David Boreanaz), BRENNAN (Emily Deschanel) and the Jeffersonian team will continue to dig up more murders when BONES moves to Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) beginning Jan. 15 followed by more all-new episodes of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). On Thursday, Jan. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Chef Gordon Ramsay steps into another kitchen to serve up a fifth course of HELL'S KITCHEN, the unscripted series that puts wannabe restaurateurs through a rigorous one-of-a-kind culinary boot camp.

On Friday, Feb. 13, FOX presents a thrilling new action-packed lineup featuring the return and time period premiere of TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the highly anticipated series premiere of Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). DOLLHOUSE reunites Whedon with Eliza Dushku ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), who stars as a member of a highly illegal underground group of individuals who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas.

Saturday staples COPS (8:00-8:30 and 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) continue in their regular time periods with all-new episodes. MADtv (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT) and TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN (Midnight-12:30 AM ET/PT) continue their late-night laughs with a mix of encore and original episodes.

Sundays find the right fit with the time period premieres of back-to-back episodes of HOLE IN THE WALL (7:00-7:30 and 7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT) beginning Jan. 18. Following HOLE IN THE WALL, Animation Domination continues with a mixture of encore and all-new episodes of THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), KING OF THE HILL (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT), FAMILY GUY (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) and AMERICAN DAD (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT).

RECAP FOX MIDSEASON SCHEDULE

(All times ET/PT except as noted)

MONDAY

Monday, Jan. 5:

7:30 PM-CC ET TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL (LIVE)

Monday, Jan. 12:

8:00-10:00 PM 24 (Season Premiere, Part 2)

Mondays, beginning Jan. 19:

8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE (Time Period Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM 24 (Time Period Premiere)

TUESDAY

Tuesday, Jan. 13:

8:00-10:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL (Season Premiere, Part 1)

Tuesdays, beginning Jan. 20:

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL (Time Period Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday, Jan. 14:

8:00-10:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL (Season Premiere, Part 2)

Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 21:

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL (Time Period Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM LIE TO ME (Series Premiere)

THURSDAY

Thursday, Jan. 1:

7:30 PM-CC ET FEDEX ORANGE BOWL (LIVE)

Thursday, Jan. 8:

7:30 PM-CC ET FEDEX BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (LIVE)

Thursdays, beginning Jan. 15:

8:00-9:00 PM BONES (Time Period Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

Thursdays, beginning Jan. 29:

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM HELL'S KITCHEN (Season Premiere)

FRIDAY

Friday, Jan. 2:

7:30 PM-CC ET ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL (LIVE)

Friday, Jan. 9:

8:00-10:00 PM FOX MOVIE SPECIAL: BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Fridays, beginning Jan. 16 (no change to lineup):

8:00-9:00 PM ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?

9:00-10:00 PM DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!

Fridays, beginning Feb. 13:

8:00-9:00 PM TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES (Time Period Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM DOLLHOUSE (Series Premiere)

SATURDAY

Saturdays, beginning Jan. 3 (no change to lineup):

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK

11:00 PM-Midnight MADtv

Midnight-12:30 AM TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY

Sunday, Jan. 11:

8:00-10:00 PM 24 (Season Premiere, Part 1)

Sundays, beginning Jan. 18:

7:00-7:30 PM HOLE IN THE WALL (Time Period Premiere)

7:30-8:00 PM HOLE IN THE WALL (Time Period Premiere)

8:00-10:00 PM ANIMATION DOMINATION (THE SIMPSONS, KING OF THE HILL, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD)

[EDITOR'S NOTE: PRISON BREAK and 'TIL DEATH will return to the schedule at a later date.]