Author Topic: TARA 3 Episode 1 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoilers**  (Read 33739 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
AXN official recap and photos are up here:

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season3/race/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I've just finished watching the episode, and it was great. There really was no let up for the contestants. I am surprised at how many teams chose to do the rice detour rather than the race one though. The race one sounded so much more fun, and so much easier, yet only a couple of teams actually switched.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Still a little puzzled here as to why AD/Fuzzie AND Geoff/Tisha are both seen at the airport on 5/22 at the same time (2 ish).

Per apskip, there is no good late night flight out, and G/T could have gotten the early AM one.

UNLESS there is another task first.....

So maybe paintball here?

But those laundry or whatever baskets don't look like  flowershop to me either. :lol:

Is that Saigon? So we first have a day task.

Always assuming the spoiler is true, when do they go to the SW? They don't have to be in HUE until 5/25 so there IS an extra day...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:55:03 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thought this was interesting:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from duckie at AXN (nice job!):

22 mins ago, duckie says:   

Neena Rai at 8:00pm September 12  i got it from her facebook=D   

Neena Rai:

well yes there was luck or "the taxi variable" as I call it.

And there was also the fact that we got lost on the buggy track because of a roadmarker that was missing. There was us and Fuzzy and Ad.
So we were looking everywhere.. ... Read Moreand then when we went backwards it was there..

we inquired about it later, and got to know that apparently some local guy had moved it around..eh??

But it is edited from the show.

19 mins ago, duckie says:   

How did it feel to be eliminated due to a VERY incompetent taxi driver?
Ans 3 - I felt horrible.. I mean Amit and I were the fear factor team of The Amazing Race. haha! LOL Both of us were very strong only next to Henry and Bernie (who in my opinion were super strong!). A lot of teams were very happy when we got out cus we were one of the biggest competitors!

Where were you sent upon elimination?
Ans 4 - were were sent to a resort.. its called sequester city. I cant reveal the place, sorry. I am bound by a 5 Million $ contract.

18 mins ago, duckie says:   

were you really that rude to the taxi driver or was it just a crappy edit?
Ans 2-I was not rude, I was tired of the taxi driver driving us around for 2 hours in Chang Mai after he claimed he knew where we were going.. I was annoyed and confronted him with his lies!

Yes, you can make me look rude with the 'crappy edits' because you did not see those 2 hours and the lies of the driver..He took us in opposite directions for more money or whatever.. god knows..

16 mins ago, duckie says:   

while you were sequestered who did you THINK would be eliminated next (just asking on your opinion on who you think came last next not the actual team let's not make you pay 5m lol) ?
Ans 4-umm... I was sure it would be another very strong team, because the underdog always wins the race.

And yes, one of the teams, I considered to be strong and intelligent, came next.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The highlight of this episode for me was the statement by chef Henry that he thought a fine accompaniment to the rice balls would be scorpion. How cheeky can you get? I should note that he and Bernie are my favorite team and they won big points with that classic line.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I agree with Mrs Shrek that the buggies were faster and should have been taken by the teams instead of doing the rice ball, but in the midst of the race and after a very long bus ride, you're not thinking clearly. Definitely a case of killer fatigue coming early in the race.

Mai is a diva and to carry such a big backpack and make her partner carry it is ridiculous. Oliver was tired and then she wanted to quit. That's horrible.

I give credit to the Beauty Queens II (Dustin & Kandice are Beauty Queens I) for doing the rice and not really complaining (they might have complained, but we didn't see it).

I hope to get a full length episode to do a proper recap, but for now. I'm glad I was able to watch the episode.

Oh, and nice to see Paula as the greeter. Such a nice smile and so pretty. Her only drawback is her relationship with Mutt of Mutt & Revolting, but I can overlook that.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Mai looks like the new FLO!

And who said "where is the porter?" :lol:

A side of scopion was pretty funny!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
And what did they look for in the dark? Was it public or chartered bus to Chiang Mai?

So no rice harvesting? :rotf: :funny:

Yeah the looked for the clue in dark among buddha statues for the next bus to Chiang Mai. It was chartered. They actually came using the same buses from Khao San road. The 3rd bus to Chiang Mai carried 7 teams.

:yess:  We were right banzai!  :jumpy:

Now, about those yellow bags..... :funny:

Oooooh!! Is Mai going to be the FLO of the season?? Wanted to quit after one leg??  :ascared :ascared

Mai broke the record, wanna quit as early as 1st leg ... Flo was just in final 4
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
cabioTAR!!!!!

How are you??? Good to see you back, my friend.  :yess:

Mai is quickly getting on my s-list and I'll be giving her a lot of s on my recap.

Natalie & Pailin showed me some toughness in this episode. AD & Fuzzie, don't know what quite to make of them yet .

There was some mugging for the camera, especially from Henry & Bernie, but his side of scorpion line was very funny. Ida & Tania were the ones talking about getting a porter at the pitstop. Funny as well.

And I have a feeling based on the promo for next week that it'll be the Beauty Queens II going as it appears they either miss a flight at the airport or are not allowed to board for security reasons. I believe that is what is hinted at for next week.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Cabio!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts:  Wonderful to see you back!

Flo redeemed herself post race.

But if Mai whines/complains/carries on like FLO did, we are in for some entertainment. Remember the teacup boats? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2008, 07:08:26 AM »
hi... i'm a newbie here... but i'm reading spoilers here...

i want to share this spoiler here...

while you were sequestered who did you THINK would be eliminated next (just asking on your opinion on who you think came last next not the actual team let's not make you pay 5m lol) ?
Neena: umm... I was sure it would be another very strong team, because the underdog always wins the race.

And yes, one of the teams, I considered to be strong and intelligent, came next.

credits to duckie of AXN forum...

==============================================
my answer...

we can say the stong teams are Henry/Bernie, Mai/Oliver, Geoff/Tisha

Geoff/Tisha - absolutely safe!! theywere even spotted in India leg.

Mai/Oliver - they were spotted in hue which is to be leg 3.

Henry/Bernie - there were no spoilers saying they survived leg 2... and take note, In the spoiler, H/B, W/I, N/K were the teams mist likely to be eliminated in leg 2, however, H/B are the stongest team among them...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:11:52 AM by eragon »

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
thanks for welcoming wish from TF and peach...

I'm happy to be here too ...

I have missed 1st half of TARA3 Premiere ... gonna to watch rerun tonite ...

LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:bigwelcome  to RFF, eragon! Of course, I know your work from AXN and am delighted to see you here!  :hithere:

I too thought that was an interesting comment, and will be eager to see what develops.

I will say that I think/hope that Henry and Bernie go far in the race....

And I am so sorry for Amit and Neena's bad taxi luck, they also looked like a strong team.

And ALL of us had that spoiler wrong  :funny: --I don't believe I saw any speculation at all that they would be the first team eliminated. I love it when even those of us spoiled to the core can still be surprised!  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
FInally a season of TAR ASIA that I can really enjoy.  Already I like this cast so much more then the last season (though I really loved a good chuck of season 1's cast).

So far I don't hate anyone.  I liked Mia and Oliver until their rant at the end, but will see.  Unsure of Ad & Fuzzie and the father son duo, but otherwise pretty good all around for a first episode.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 3 Episode 1 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoiler
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »
Really the biggest downfall for this season is that the US version is going to be airing at the same time. 

I so could have used this during the long spring and summer withdrawal period.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The first two seasons were run in November and I don't know why the show was moved up this season, but I'll take it.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh its fine, its just wishful thinking that we could enjoy one during the down time of the other...  But I am very happy to get another Asia season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here is my guess on why we see Natalie saying the "worst thing that can happen"....

There is a good flight out of Chiang Mai to Saigon on 5/22 at 1440PM  arr 1945. Teams that miss that flight are going to have to wait until the next morning to leave, and it appears that we will have some sort of 5/22AM task (Paintball?) for the racers which may delay them.

A 24 hour Pitstop fits timewise, but does not fit with all the press about shorter rest times, a tougher and harder race, and I don't believe that happens here.

I am thinking that these pictures

are probably taken in the Chiang Mai airport as the columns and windows seem quite similar:

leading me to think that they miss the 5/22 flight and must wait until the AM of 5/23 to fly out, not arriving Saigon until 1030. But are they the ONLY team to miss that flight? Maybe not.... ;)

Does it mean they are eliminated? Not necessarily. We have been told that several teams do not arrive to the clue until the afternoon of 5/23. If the spoiler info is correct, then a M/M team is eliminated in Saigon, and we will have the pleasure of Natalie and Pailin's company a while longer.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More from duckie at AXN: :thankyou:

15 hours ago, duckie says:   

BY SAM

Sam Wu wrote at 10:34am
hey duck, many people have asked us about the taxi incident, and here's the real story. When we got to Chiangmai, the taxi driver ran up to us and said "rice?". We didn't even tell him where we wanted to go, and it clearly wa... Read Mores obvious he knew we were racers and he knew where we had to go. So we thought he was a provided taxi driver, and if drivers are provided by production, then we don't have to pay for it. We didn't realise it was a PUBLIC taxi so we got screwed. Turns out - he took other teams there before us, so that's why he knew where to go exactly... It was both good luck and bad luck!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Getting moved from 4th place to 7th place was relatively minor for Vince and Sam. Having a taxi driver who knew where to go was priceless. Just look at Neena and Amit, whose unfortunate elimination was directly attributable to a poor taxi driver.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here is my guess on why we see Natalie saying the "worst thing that can happen"....

There is a good flight out of Chiang Mai to Saigon on 5/22 at 1440PM  arr 1945. Teams that miss that flight are going to have to wait until the next morning to leave, and it appears that we will have some sort of 5/22AM task (Paintball?) for the racers which may delay them.

A 24 hour Pitstop fits timewise, but does not fit with all the press about shorter rest times, a tougher and harder race, and I don't believe that happens here.

I am thinking that these pictures

are probably taken in the Chiang Mai airport as the columns and windows seem quite similar:

leading me to think that they miss the 5/22 flight and must wait until the AM of 5/23 to fly out, not arriving Saigon until 1030. But are they the ONLY team to miss that flight? Maybe not.... ;)

Does it mean they are eliminated? Not necessarily. We have been told that several teams do not arrive to the clue until the afternoon of 5/23. If the spoiler info is correct, then a M/M team is eliminated in Saigon, and we will have the pleasure of Natalie and Pailin's company a while longer.

I don't think M/M team is eliminated in Saigon, Neena's statement is more reliable, right? After episode 1, all M/M teams were in the bottom 5... and we can't say yet that they're strong and intelligent... so there's a big chance that Henry/Bernie will be eliminated...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Can we go to the water park?

Công viên nước Sàig̣n

Panoramio
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Heee...supposedly we are already going to the zoo, Chateau! :kuss:

I don't think M/M team is eliminated in Saigon, Neena's statement is more reliable, right? After episode 1, all M/M teams were in the bottom 5... and we can't say yet that they're strong and intelligent... so there's a big chance that Henry/Bernie will be eliminated...

I don't know eragon. I think if I was giving an interview, I might well say something nice about the next team eliminated. :lol:

IF (note IF), the Saigon spoilers are correct, then I was told a M/M team were eliminated. I was actually told the identity of those racers, but didn't think it was fair to them to say anything before the show even aired. But despite that, the info was released elsewhere, so I see no reason not to say now what I was told--which was that it was the Korean team of William and Isaac who were eliminated in Saigon.

The problem is that the Saigon previews are somewhat different from what we expected, so is the spoiler correct? I don't know. We have no objective data for this leg (as in photos, film permits, etc) so it is possible that the spoiler is incorrect. But for now, I am going to keep the faith. And if the spoiler is right, then that is what I was told.

But the fun of it is that we really don't know!   :jumpy:  We were all wrong about the first elim so anything is possible.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season3/forum/528422/topic/532297/
4 hours ago, PearPear says:         

That yellow thing is garland made from real flowers, marigold, used to offer sacrifice the Statue of Buddha.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks banzai and PearPear (nice to meet another fruit, :lol:!!)

I am so glad to know--just wish they had showed it!
RFF's Golden Rule: