Author Topic: TARA 3 Episode 1 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoilers**  (Read 33652 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I'm going to LOVE this, I can tell!  :hearts: :hearts:

All except I do NOT like to watch nasty eating....  or :barf
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Was this going to the Caltex place? Was this for the bus washing or to get the chatered busses?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
90 minutes sounds like a TBC to me.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Was this going to the Caltex place? Was this for the bus washing or to get the chatered busses?

Their cabbie didnt have enough fuel so they had to stop for it and Kapil was frustrated, it was on their way to the pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
90 minutes sounds like a TBC to me.

Could be! We have an extra day and have been guessing an extended pitstop but TBC could be possible.

I just kinda think they need some extra time...this next leg should have some really special scenery I think--I know I can't wait!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Thanks for the nice words.  But the real test is going to be the departure times next episode.   :snicker:

So Peach, how do I go about watching this if, you  know, I happen to decide to take a look?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:kissy: to Chateau! Good job!

We'll tune you in Chateau...we hope to have a way to see it but sometimes it takes us a day or so...but don't worry, you'll know as soon as I do!  :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Detour:Race or Rice.

Race:Drive a off-road buggy on a 8km course.

Rice:Pound rice into paste and make into 2 rice balls.

Preview for next week:

Under the pressures of the race, an unlikeable hero appears and its probably Tisha.

Scene:Geoff and Tisha appear frustrated with each other.

Ida:"Spider black behind us, the evil spider man."

Henry and Bernie has a tiff.

Henry:"You shouted at me all the time."
Bernie:"I shouted at you because you were playing a fool."

Henry breaks down.

Teams crack under the pressure

Scene:Mai freaking out

Natalie:"This is just the worst thing that could happen to us in the race."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:42:11 AM by jonnal »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for the nice words.  But the real test is going to be the departure times next episode.   :snicker:

So Peach, how do I go about watching this if, you  know, I happen to decide to take a look?
I'm already hunting for sources. I'll let you know, Chateau.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WOW! an unlikeable hero or an unlikely hero??

This is sounding like the toughest race ever---or else all those mactors just aren't so tough! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
WOW! an unlikeable hero or an unlikely hero??

This is sounding like the toughest race ever---or else all those mactors just aren't so tough! :lol:

Unlikeable haha. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Uh-oh... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
i like ikea

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TARA 3 Episode 1 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoiler
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »
hi guys, did you noticed something on about a Thai girl next beside to Allan Wu when she'd greeted to those 10 teams at the pit stop?  Actually, she's Paula of the Team Thailand on TARA 2!  Am I right?! ;)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That has been mentioned already.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Neena & Amit will be chatting live between noon and 1 p.m. Singapore time, 1-2 p.m. in HK and that would be 1 -2 a.m. ET here in the States. You can head over to TARA's Windows Spaces Live page and chat with them then.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ken, that is not correct according to time zone maps. It did not sound right so I checked it. New York on EDT is currently 12 hours behind Singapore on SGT and Hong Kong according to my official source of such information http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/:

New York * Thu 7:22 PM
Hong Kong Fri 7:22 AM
Singapore Fri 7:22 AM

So, a noon live chat in Singapore will be midnight in New York and noon in Hong Kong.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So far we're on the morning of Day Two, with departure times for Leg Two in the early evening. Does that get us into Ho Chi Minh City at the right time? (The previews did look like Vietnam to me...)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yes that's perfect....

Based on Chateau's times we can assume the first team arrived around 9ish AM. We know some teams (AD/Fuzzie and Geoff/Trish and another m/m team are seen at the airport on 5/22 at about 2 which would put them into Saigon in time to be seen at the Q-bar that night at 10ish.

Now...did some teams get an earlier flight out? Probably... But why would Geoff not be on that earlier flight? Could there be another Chiang MAi task to bunch them first? Maybe...

Apskip has some nice flights just upstream.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:33:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ken, that is not correct according to time zone maps. It did not sound right so I checked it. New York on EDT is currently 12 hours behind Singapore on SGT and Hong Kong according to my official source of such information http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/:

New York * Thu 7:22 PM
Hong Kong Fri 7:22 AM
Singapore Fri 7:22 AM

So, a noon live chat in Singapore will be midnight in New York and noon in Hong Kong.

ap,

I'm not going to get into another time zone argument with you. I was going on the time that was on the AXN website that the chat was at noon -1 SIN time and 1 - 2 p.m. HK time. Take it up with AXN.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
AXN is not making any representations in this thread and cannot be held accountable unlike contributors to this thread! The time zone information is not subject to any different interpretation by AXN or by any individual. It is what it is.

However, one possible explanation is that there is a one hour chat for the Singapore audience and a separate one hour chat for the Hong Kong audience that indeed starts at 1am.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If that's what you want to believe, more power to you.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think HK airs TARA one hour after Singapore? somebody sees it one hour later...  :duno:

Yep. HK at 10PM and Singapore at 9PM for when the show airs....

:luvya: guys....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:56:21 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
While we are waiting for our own  really good looks--

Calvin has graciously agreed to let us link to his blog here:

http://calvinshub.com/2008/09/11/the-amazing-race-asia-3-episode-1/

He has a wonderfully detailed summary including:
A Bug’s Life

The first team to finish the task were brother and sister, Henry and Bernie, followed shortly by the Beauty Queens, Pailin and Natalie then by Geoff and Tisha. After a lot of puking, all teams finished with Niroo and Kapil, the father and son tandem being the last.
Read the clue!
After washing, teams must ride a bus right there at the station to Wat Pai Rong Hua. There are only three buses available and each bus will leave once three teams are already boarded (3rd bus will leave when the last 4 are done).

Not reading the instructions carefully, Oliver and Mai hailed a cab to get to their next destination. When they realized their mistake, they went back to the Caltex station only to find out that the first bus had already left with Henry and Bernie, Neena and Amit and the Beauty Queens.

Only a few minutes behind, Bus 2 carried Geoff and Natasha, Oliver and Mai and Ida and Tania.
Loads more!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The latest from Michael Mckay:

8 hours ago, Michael_McKay says:   

I'm pleased everyone seems to enjoy episode one.
Those bugs! It was a real shock to the teams as we have started the first two series with a height challenge and I don't think anyone expected us to have an eating challenge off the top.

The buses were huge and hard work, especially as the teams thought they were probably going to wash cars, since the clue referred to them as "vehicles".

The Rice game was tough. It was hard work, really hot and there were lots of blisters. The Race detour was fun and a good choice for teams in my opinion. Teams will need to choose detours wisely this season or they will often pay a high price.

And the first two seasons were non-eliminations in the first Leg but not this year. No let off this time around.

Not a bad start but we turn up the heat next week. I've never seen so many bruises in a single Leg. A couple of bruised egos as well ;)

Enjoy!
RFF's Golden Rule: