Author Topic: TARA 3 Episode 1 Discussion Thread **HOT spoilers--WILL contain show spoilers**  (Read 33712 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This thread is for discussion of Episode 1 and can be posted in immediately AFTER the show has aired at AXN, based on Singapore time. That will be Thusday 9/11 at 10PM Singapore time, or Thursday at 10AM EST for those of us in the US.

Please read the posting guidelines HERE    BEFORE you post in this thread please.

Those who will have not seen the show yet will need to ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! There will be spoilers about who won, and who was eliminated for sure, and other details about the leg.

Thanks to tele_tubby at AXN for sending me this:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »
Wiki is up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Asia_3

Henry & Bernie is in 3rd place.  :jumpy:
Natalie & Pailin survive.  :wohoo:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
well ep 1 just finished.. im new to this site, :waves: checking all the great spoilers you guys found & also to see the placement orders coz even though im from asia our cable is off tonight so i have to resource to the internet & just watch a rerun once our cable's back, but anyway, i saw onm wikipedia they have the placements so ill just copy it if its ok :sucks

Here are the results of Leg 1:

Mai & Oliver  1st                                  

Geoff & Tisha     2nd     :jumpy:   TEAM PH ftw!                           

Henry & Bernie  3rd                                  

Natalie & Pailin  4th  :yess: (they're not out!)                                                     

William & Isaac  6th                                   

Ida & Tania  5th                                  

Sam & Vince 7th                                  

A.D. & Fuzzie    8th                            

Niroo & Kapil    9th                                  

Neena & Amit  10th-ELIMINATED

IDK wether William&Isaac & Ida&Tania were really 6th & 5th becoz on wikipedia W/I appeared before I/T on the list so th eithey coulder change places..guess'll have to wait till we really get to watch ep1..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you SOOOO much! I have been trying to get into the AXN site for ages but guess the server is overloaded...  :'(

Very interesting!

And :welcome2: to RFF--hope you'll stay and play!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I can't log in to AXN either.
Happy that Natalie and Pailin survive.  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you banzai!!  :<3

Me too! Natalie/Pailin's videos were delightful and I am SO glad the spoiler stuff was wrong...it will be charming to see more of them!

At least we know the "only 9 teams start leg 2" was  correct!  :lol:

But I am dancing with impatience here to hear more about the leg itself!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chateau did a great job with Mai & Oliver and Bernie & Henry placements.  :yess: :jumpy: :wohoo:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
Thank you SOOOO much! I have been trying to get into the AXN site for ages but guess the server is overloaded...  :'(

Very interesting!

And :welcome2: to RFF--hope you'll stay and play!

NP, im glad to finally join this site as well & be any help i can give :hearts:

too bad i cant really give out details this time becoz of my cable problems.. i even went home early so i wont miss TARA3 but it was darn frustrating to find out i cant watch it! :pull.. hopefully next time there'd be no problems so i can share some early infos on what happened (of course on spoiler-okay zones only :lol:)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Chateau is the BEST!! :bow:  :bow: :bow:

Couldn't manage w/out him! :hearts:

Ohhhhh!! Just saw that Natalie/Pailin are 4th!! Good for them!!  :yess:

Hope they are having a good laugh at all the spoilers that had them out first! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The cash prize is $2500 each. In TAR7, the cash prize was $10000 each. Not bad.  :hearts:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
It lives up to the tag " The toughest race ever."

First the teams ate a big full bowl of insects, then they were made to wash a big bus. The detour choice of making rice was difficult too.

Some episode pointers:

-Mai/Oliver and Geoff/Tisha were neck and neck to the finishing line and decided by paper, scissors and stone which Mai won for her team.

-Mai contemplated quitting the race after winning 1st place. Oliver not happy at all. They had an argument.

-Pailin is definitely the driving force behind the BQs.

-Paula Taylor from TARA2 appeared as a greeter.

-Sam and Vince were due to check-in 4th position but had to go back to pay their taxi driver and ended in 7th.

Correction:In 5th position.

-Next week is a 90 min show.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:37:31 AM by jonnal »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

too bad i cant really give out details this time becoz of my cable problems.. i even went home early so i wont miss TARA3 but it was darn frustrating to find out i cant watch it! :pull.. hopefully next time there'd be no problems so i can share some early infos on what happened (of course on spoiler-okay zones only :lol:)

We are glad to have you! Heee...if I win the lottery I am so flying to Asia every week so I can see it myself! :)

We'll have an Episode thread every week where we can talk about it immediately, so stay tuned!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
jonnal is here!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts:

What was the second detour? And off road racing was the Roadblock?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
jonnal is here!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts:

What was the second detour? And off road racing was the Roadblock?

The off road racing was actually the other detour choice. No roadblock. :tup:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There was a spoiler and Natalie said that she did better than the alpha male teams.
Well, she did.   :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And what did they look for in the dark? Was it public or chartered bus to Chiang Mai?

So no rice harvesting? :rotf: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline beyonddbreak

• RFF Not So Newbie

We are glad to have you! Heee...if I win the lottery I am so flying to Asia every week so I can see it myself! :)

We'll have an Episode thread every week where we can talk about it immediately, so stay tuned!

i definitely will! ill post first thing next ep! now ill just have to watch a re-run of ep1 hopefully tomorrow..

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
There was a spoiler and Natalie said that she did better than the alpha male teams.
Well, she did.   :sucks

I may sound critical but she was more concerned it appeared about her looks than getting the job done. Pailin was the one who did very well, in my honest opinion. Many more episodes to go though.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If Paula is a greeter, then we want to see Phil in New Zealand too.  :jumpy: :hearts: :wohoo:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
And what did they look for in the dark? Was it public or chartered bus to Chiang Mai?

Yeah they looked for the clue in dark among buddha statues for the next bus to Chiang Mai. It was chartered. They actually came using the same buses from Khao San road. The 3rd bus to Chiang Mai carried 7 teams.

Correction:The bus washing place at Caltex where they signed up to go to the buddha place
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:54:28 AM by jonnal »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

No lawn mowing either. What are those machines then?  :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I love Paula!!!!

And next week is a 90 minute show??? Great stuff.  :tup: :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
90 minutes next time!!  :wohoo:

They'll need it--next week should be a really fabulous episode if the spoilers are right!

No Phil this season..... :'( :'( :'(  Or so Michael McKay said...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Yeah the looked for the clue in dark among buddha statues for the next bus to Chiang Mai. It was chartered. They actually came using the same buses from Khao San road. The 3rd bus to Chiang Mai carried 7 teams.

:yess:  We were right banzai!  :jumpy:

Now, about those yellow bags..... :funny:

Oooooh!! Is Mai going to be the FLO of the season?? Wanted to quit after one leg??  :ascared :ascared

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster

No lawn mowing either. What are those machines then?  :funny:

The race karts for the Race detour.