Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 128150 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - -
"JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE" WELCOMES JASON MESNICK, NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK AND EVANGELINE LILLY

"JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE" WELCOMES "THE BACHELOR'S" JASON MESNICK, NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK AND "LOST'S" EVANGELINE LILLY, MONDAY, MARCH 2

On the night of the most shocking finale of "The Bachelor" ever, Jimmy Kimmel welcomes Jason Mesnick for his first interview. It's an interview you won't want to miss, MONDAY, MARCH 2 at 12:05 a.m.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=022509_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
FIRST LOOK: The Ring Chosen By Bachelor Jason!

There’s one rose left and it’s down to Melissa and Molly. And while we’ll have to wait til Monday’s Bachelor finale to see which woman Jason Mesnick will choose, he’s already gotten one important decision out of the way: the ring for the final rose ceremony.

And it’s quite a sparkler! The marquise-cut diamond-and-platinum ring from celebrity jeweler Neil Lane features a 1.94-carat marquise-cut diamond encrusted with 170 smaller diamonds for a total of 3.18 carats.

As is custom on the show, Jason had three rings to choose from, including a pear-shaped and oval-cut diamond. A source tells PEOPLE Jason was torn between the marquis and oval-cut sparklers, but ultimately chose the marquis.

“He loved the marquis because it had so much fine detail and he thought it was really feminine, and she would love it,” says the source.

As for the “she” in question, tune in to ABC on Monday, 8 p.m. C, for the big reveal.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/26/revealed-the-ring-chosen-by-bachelor-jason/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
from etonline.com

Jason and the ring

Will it be Jason and Melissa?

OR

Jason and Molly?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:29:34 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »
wow that ring is fabulous, my mom had a 3 k marque set the other way, i love the way this is set.. side way i have never seen one done like that before.. and thank you for the articel and i am setting my dvr as soon as it will let me for jimmy kimble that will b great kemble has a way he will get down to the truth in a funny way, can't wait..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2009, 12:18:23 AM »
Sorry for the duplicate pic of Melissa in post 227, fixed it and Molly's up there now.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »
Jason on The View 2/27/09

credit with thanks to lester94111

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »
ty will i did not dvr it i for got so ty ty ty..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2009, 02:04:28 AM »
Bachelor Jason: I Have Found ‘The One’

Fans have spent weeks speculating and blogging about who will be the last woman standing next to Jason Mesnick on The Bachelor. Before his choice is revealed on Monday’s finale, the single dad from Seattle sat down with PEOPLE.com to talk about the final two women, Melissa and Molly, the return of DeAnna and whether he finally got his happy ending.  — Carrie Bell

Have you found The One?
I have found the one. I am in love, without a doubt. I do see her as the one I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with. Everyone has been through ups and down in their life, and there are no guarantees when talking about love. I am living proof. I got married before and thought I’d be with her until death do us part, but we all know how that worked out. That said, I am very much in love and very hopeful.

Many fans were quite surprised not to see Jillian in the final two. Elaborate on what went wrong.
There is nothing wrong with Jill. She’s incredible. But in the end, I saw Jill as that ultimate friend, my best friend forever. I couldn’t see it going past that. We both talked about being able to marry your best friend but it has to be more than that. You have to have that spark and passionate connection. There is some of that with her, as witnessed in the hot tub scene, but it was not the kind that would last forever.

Stephanie and Jillian were fan favorites in the way that you were. Do you think they would make good choices for the next Bachelorette?
Without a doubt they’d be great. If I was sitting in the producer’s chair right now, I would be hard-pressed to chose just one of them. There’s Stephanie with her story and how giving she is and how strong. And Jill was the backbone of the girls here. If I were in charge, I would have two simultaneous Bachelorette seasons going at the same time. Two mansions side by side, 50 guys, two girls. I think maybe they could work out twofer deals on helicopters.

How do you feel about how you navigated the show?
I built a relationship with all these girls. Some of them I expect to be in my life beyond the show. I think Ty and Sophia would be great playdates. But I think I was in this for the right reasons and I wanted to find my wife. I wouldn’t even have come here if I wasn’t over DeAnna.

Speaking of DeAnna, why does she appear in the finale?
Well I can’t tell you that, of course. Fans will have to wait and see. I was really surprised when she showed up in New Zealand. It would have been one thing if I was hanging out in Atlanta, but she had to go across an ocean to get to me. I had just heard a couple of weeks before that she and Jesse had broken up and that surprised me.

So you were surprised to hear she and Jesse didn’t make it?
Yeah. I thought they were in love and legitimately happy. I really thought they were going to make it — that helped me get over her, as a matter of fact.

What do you see in the remaining two women?
Melissa is really that ultimate woman that is going to stand by your side forever. She’s fun. She’s beautiful and exciting and willing to try new things. Molly is the balance of a lot of different things. We have a great friendship going. There’s passion there. She’s got her eyes wide open to the world. They are both amazing — to use my favorite word — which made for a very, very tough decision.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/27/bachelor-jason-i-have-found-the-one/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2009, 02:14:02 AM »
SPOILER ALERT!
Scoop on the Finale, After the Final Rose Part 1 & 2
If you don't want to know, leave now.....otherwise read at your own risk! (Warning, it's shocking!)
Those who do read and want to talk about it, PM me and I would love to hear input about it!
Leave now or scroll down to find out!

Here’s what I know what happened coming from someone who was there:

-Jillian is announced as the next Bachelorette.
-Melissa was not there. Chris Harrison had a written letter from Melissa that he read which stated she was fine, she’s moved on, and doesn’t regret anything about anything happened.
-Showed the finale and ATFR 1 condensed to the audience into a 90 minute version, so it was basically a clip show of the two shows combined. Jason proposed to Melissa. Him crying on the balcony was after he had let Molly go, and before Melissa had arrived. Melissa obviously accepted the proposal. They leave NZ engaged. (Gee, I said that a month ago).
-DeAnna actually does ask him to take her back, but he’s like, “Look loser, I’m in love with two other women.” So I’m sure she was put put up to that since she just had broken up with Jesse two weeks earlier. DeAnna admitted to choosing the “wildcard”, but said she should’ve picked him instead. Oh please. More B.S. Blah blah blah….

ATFR 1:
-Jason dumps Melissa on camera. When Melissa came out, she was in a somber mood. Like she knew what was about to happen. They barely embraced. Made it seem like Melissa knew it was coming. Jason tells her he can’t stop thinking about Molly. Melissa asks if he had contact with her, he says no. She says, “You chose me, but you’re not willing to fight for me?” Basically accusing him of changing his mind. “We left New Zealand, we spent all this time together, and now you want to spend all this time with someone else. I don’t get it.”
-Jason just says the chemistry is different, and he can’t stop thinking of Molly. So Melissa is pissed that he proposed but basically wussed out and didn’t give their relationship a chance.
-Last thing shown to everyone is Chris Harrison saying, “I’ll leave you two alone to talk”. Then Melissa telling Jason, “Don’t text me, don’t call me, don’t email me, I don’t want anyone contact with you, we’re done.” She gets up, leaves, gets into a limo, and talks to the camera.

-She leaves and they bring Molly out. Molly has NO IDEA this has just happened with Melissa. She thinks she’s coming out to ask Jason her questions, and he explains he just dumped Melissa. Basically telling her he can’t stop thinking about her. Molly keeps looking at Chris Harrison thinking this is all a joke.
-She asks, “What about Melissa?” Jason says “I don’t expect you to get engaged to me now, but can we explore this.” Molly says she’ll give it a chance. Once Molly is over the shock, she says they have a lot to talk about, she feels sorry for Melissa, but she’s willing to see where things go and she can’t help but be a little bit happy. Said her feelings have never changed since getting dumped in New Zealand. Shows ends there.

ATFR 2:
-Chris Harrison talking to Naomi, Nikki, Stephanie, Kari, and Erica live in studio. Gets their reaction to everything that happened. They essentially all bag on Jason saying if he was that conflicted, he should’ve waited and not proposed.
-Took questions and comments from the audience. Some of the girls on stage answered some of the questions, but it was basically getting feedback.
-Jason comes out next by himself. This is when Chris Harrison reads the letter from Melissa. Afterwards, Jason defends his decision saying he had to do it, didn’t want to lead Melissa on, follow his heart, Molly was constantly on his mind, blah blah blah
-Bring Molly out by herself first then Jason joins her. Talk about how everything is great. Rewatches her segment from ATFR 1 and reiterates she was really surprised, had a lot of questions, but Jason answered them. Her family had questions too, but, they’re fine with it now and they love Jason. She’s planning on moving to Seattle once everything dies down. Hope people aren’t mad at him for following his heart. Jason is mad that people are saying bad things about Molly. Molly states for the record, she is NOT pregnant.
-When both out there, Chris Harrison asks Jason at what point he had something for Molly, and audience member screams “The tent!” So they bring the tent out to both of them as their gift.

-Show ends with them bringing Jillian out and announcing her as the next Bachelorette.

Final analysis:

I’ve been vindicated! Thank god. Why would I have lied to you people? I had nothing to gain by lying in all this. Nothing. I was truthful and honest from the beginning. You gotta remember, what was shown to the audience was a 90 minute version of the 2 hr finale and ATFR 1. So things can be spliced up, edited, and shown out of order. But this was the bare bones of what was shown.

So when Melissa asks him, “Did you have contact with Molly?” and he says, “No”, there might be more to it. They didn’t see the whole show, the just saw the highlights of the ATFR 1. I’ll say it now, Melissa suspected Jason was seeing/texting/emailing/talking to Molly. That’s why she asked. There’s no way he didn’t contact her in those two months. Not a chance. But like I said, this is the way I thought ABC would spin this - that he just changed his mind. And that’s what they’re going to present. Hey, if you want to believe that, go ahead. I will always believe differently. He did not just change his mind without having spoken to her in 2 months in my mind. No way.

Also, as some of the bachelorettes said, if he was THAT conflicted at the final rose ceremony, why even propose to Melissa? If you don’t think for a second this was part of a plan, then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s no way anyone in their right mind, if they were truly in love with two people, would propose to one, then two months later, dump her on national television. I’m seriously contemplating printing out the email conversation now between Melissa and Jason that was done after the ATFR 1 was taped. It verifies everything I’m saying here and coincides with what Melissa said at the taping once he broke up with her. All Jason is doing in these emails is apologizing for what he did and wishes he would’ve handled it better and not listened to the producers. Now that we know how this all plays out, you can’t tell me the emails were fake. I’m sorry. I never thought they were, the addresses were verified, and exactly what happened tonight is exactly what’s in them, EXCEPT for the fact that Melissa knew Jason had contact with Molly while they were engaged. And ABC conveniently left that part out. But something still tells they might not have left it out, and we will see the full meltdown. Guess we’ll find out Monday.

So the question til the end of time will be this: When did Molly know about all this? When she left New Zealand, I truly believe Molly knew nothing. She thought it was over and she was heartbroken because she had just been dumped. I’m telling you, I will believe beyond a shadow of a doubt until the end of time, that Jason and Molly were in contact during the two months from the taping of the finale in New Zealand until the ATFR 1 taping in January. Here’s something else to ponder? Why would they bring Melissa out first, have Molly backstage not listening in to anything going on, if they didn’t have ANY idea what was about to happen? Don’t they ALWAYS bring the F2 girl out first on the ATFR shows so she can ask her questions and get her answers first? Please.

In closing, all the phonies out there who tried to tell you Jason and Melissa were happy and engaged, Molly was pregnant, Melissas parents were the real issue, Jason’s mom was posting on message boards, and all the other crazy rumors you’ve heard over the last month, you couldn’t have been more wrong and congratulations on trying to throw people off. The bottom line is I told you on Jan. 27th what the outcome of this show would be, and today’s taping proved it. I’m sure Jasons pleading of “Don’t hate Molly” and “I went with my gut and I’m happy as a clam right now” will tug at the heartstrings of some of you, but hey, I’m not buying it. At all. I believe Jason Mesnick knew during the filming he was going to pick Molly, was told to pick Melissa so they could create this shocking, dramatic finale, and he went along with it. I guess its my word against theirs until eternity. I tend to think my word is worth more.

www.realitysteve.com 

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
i wish that guy would produce that e-mail ?? whos feeling would he b protecting at this point..???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
i wish that guy would produce that e-mail ?? whos feeling would he b protecting at this point..???

I think he will. I've been checking to see if he posted it. He'll probably post the whole conversation without revealing the e-mail addresses since that is personal and private. If he does post it, I'll post it on here.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
Will Bachelor Jason Mesnick propose to Grand Rapids' Molly Malaney or Melissa Rycroft?

Could this season's ABC drama of "The Bachelor" be any more compelling? Will Seattle dad Jason Mesnick pick Grand Rapids girl Molly Malaney of former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft?

The two-night finale on ABC airs at 8 p.m. Monday, followed by a "shocking" "After the Final Rose" at 10 p.m., and an "After the Final Rose, Part 2" at 10 p.m. Tuesday.

So many questions are on the table. What about all the conspiracy theory rumors and this guy named Reality Steve? Does he have an inside source who spilled the beans? Could Jason really pick one at the finale and then dump her for the other at the "After the Final Rose"?

And what about former "Bachelorette" DeAnna Pappas? Does he dump both Melissa and Molly and end up with DeAnna? The promos tell us she arrives in New Zealand, then reveals to Jason that she made a mistake and then....we don't know!

Well, in the spirit of my daily Top 5 column, here is my list of five things you need to know about Season 13 of "The Bachelor":

5. Mike Fleiss
The show's creator knows how to pull at heartstrings, and how to create drama, excitement and outrage. "He's a genius," said Bob Guiney, the star of "Bachelor" Season 4. "He knows what he's doing." Fleiss, a veteran of reality TV and film; is also the executive producer of TV's "High School Reunion" and producer of the 2003 and 2006 "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" films. And he's the second cousin of Hollywood Madame Heidi Fleiss. Hmm.

4. Golf is sexy.
Who would have known? Grand Rapids girl Molly Malaney shows Jason her golf swing on the very first night she meets him, and then on their hometown visit they play golf at Egypt Valley Country Club. At the end of the game, he lost his pants as part of a bet. Fore!

3. The return of DeAnna Pappas.
The promos have been so hyped, that it seems more likely the former Bachelorette returns as a friend. She says, "Hey, I made a mistake, but I'm glad you've moved on." Jason says, "Thanks, I'm in love with two women, and I can't choose." I'm guessing DeAnna is just a shoulder to cry on.

2. Reality Steve.
Are you a believer? This blogger's "conspiracy" theory went viral last week, and now everyone is speculating that Molly ends up with the Bachelor, even though Jason supposedly proposes to Melissa on Monday night during the finale. But did the show's creator intentionally feed him misinformation? Are we all pawns in his plan?

1. Let it play out.
Maybe we all need to chill out, take a deep breath and see what happens. Is this scripted? Of course it is, and we know it. Take a look at the hot tub outtakes where Molly and Jason are trying to share an intimate moment, and they break out in laughter when the tub starts to drain. Let's accept this show for what it is.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/03/will_bacheor_jason_mesnick_pro.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
Season Finale Sneak Peek video

credit to teamwwk

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »
'The Bachelor' Finale Sneak Peek

Tonight, either Melissa or Molly will get a proposal from "The Bachelor"'s Jason Mesnick -- and ET has a sneak peek as he makes one of the most difficult decisions of his life!

"This is the most fairytale way to fall in love, so I made a book for him," Molly, a 24-year-old department-store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI, says.

The book is filled with keepsakes, which shows Jason the depth of Molly's feelings for him. He says, "The one thing I always questioned was her ability to show emotion, but [now I know] she is always there on the inside."

Also in the episode, Melissa, a 25-year-old sales representative from Dallas, TX, talks to her mother on the phone and admits, "In this amount of time, I have completely fallen for him."

And then her parents, who refused to meet Jason when he came to her hometown, agree to talk to him on the phone the next day.

"The Bachelor" finale airs Monday night on ABC at 8 p.m., followed immediately by "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," airing at 10:02 p.m, which promises to be an episode with a surprise twist.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71248/index.html
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:23:24 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »

I think he will. I've been checking to see if he posted it. He'll probably post the whole conversation without revealing the e-mail addresses since that is personal and private. If he does post it, I'll post it on here.

thank u will u r the best detictive ever!!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
ABC Press Release

Monday, March 02, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
TELECONFERENCE WITH BACHELOR AND WOMAN WHO STOLE HIS HEART (3/4)

MEDIA ALERT

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A TELECONFERENCE WITH JASON MESNICK AND
THE WOMAN WHO STOLE HIS HEART, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4

"THE BACHELOR" THE SEASON FINALE AIRS TONIGHT,
MONDAY, MARCH 2, 8:00-10:02 P.M., ET

"THE BACHELOR: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE"
ALSO AIRS TONIGHT, 10:02-11:00 P.M., ET

"THE BACHELOR: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE, PART 2,"
AIRS TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 10:00-11:00 P.M., ET

Will It Be Melissa or Molly?

WHAT: Teleconference call with Jason Mesnick and either Melissa or Molly

WHEN: Wednesday, March 4
12:30 p.m., ET/11:30 a.m., CT/10:30 a.m., MT/ 9:30 a.m., PT

WHO: Jason Mesnick will make his choice tonight, Monday, March 2, between the two lovely final bachelorettes - Melissa and Molly. Take this opportunity to talk to the happy couple about their future together.

CALL INFO: IT IS NECESSARY TO RSVP TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND CONFERENCE CODE!

Title: ABC Conference Call: "The Bachelor"
Please plan to dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO
ABC Media Relations: Lisa Scalzo, Lisa.R.Scalzo@abc.com , 212.456.7109

More information about "The Bachelor"       

In this gripping special conclusion, Jason prepares to make one of the most difficult decisions of this life. With his search for love now narrowed down to Melissa and Molly, Jason brings his son, Ty, to New Zealand to meet the remaining two women. The bachelorettes are also introduced to his family. Finally, the women lay their hearts on the line, each trying to guarantee that she will be the one to get Jason's final rose. But the Bachelor is stunned when DeAnna, the woman who broke his heart, shows up in New Zealand to see him. In one of the most romantic and dramatic moments in "Bachelor" history, Jason makes a decision that will change his life forever.

Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history, but no one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio for "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose." Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose."

Viewers will be treated to the latest update on the happy couple and the woman Jason didn't choose on this one-hour special that will wrap the 13th and most successful season of ABC's popular romance reality series in recent years, on "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, Part 2."

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=030209_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
The Dramatic 'Bachelor' Finale Revealed!

Who would have guessed the grand finale of 'The Bachelor' would have come to this? With the pool of beautiful contenders whittled down to two women, Molly and Melissa, who became the "loves of his life" -- and with the surprise return of DeAnna Pappas with an ultimatum -- handsome single dad Jason Mesnick made a controversial choice that will go down forever in 'The Bachelor' history.

"After everything I've been through, I've never been so conflicted in my life," said Jason before he made his final choice. What happened? How did it get to this?

Flashback to the beginning of Monday night's season finale: a fun game of golf with Melissa -- and an opportunity to bond with Jason's three-year-old son Ty. Melissa was worried how she'd do with the little guy, but ultimately she was just "herself" and they bonded. Then, it was time to meet the rest of Jason's family -- his overprotective mom, dad, brothers and sister-in-law -- to answer "the tough questions." They've seen him get hurt before with DeAnna, and one key concern was the factor that Jason hadn't met Melissa's parents yet. Later, Jason at least had an opportunity to talk with Melissa's parents on the phone.

"It's Jason's time to have all that he deserves," said his father, who recognized the sparkle in his eye and their mutual love for one another. "I'm just so happy for you." At the end of the day, Melissa felt comfortable that she could fit in Jason's world -- and Jason seemed truly in love. "I could spend the rest of my life with either of these girls," he said.

Then it was Molly's turn to meet Ty and Jason's family. But could she pass the family test? "I cannot fall in love with someone unless they meet Ty, period," said Jason. "It made me a little nervous," said Molly when Ty didn't immediately take to her at the beach. "I was freaking out." But soon Ty got over his shyness and it became very natural for the two to get along. "This is how life could be, and it's so fun to think like that," said Molly. Next up came the family gauntlet, and after pressing Molly about whether she truly loved their Jason and was willing to commit to him and Ty, she said, "All I can ask you to do is trust me."

Then, each of the ladies spent some quality time with Jason -- and declared their absolute love for him, with Molly pulling out all the stops and giving "110%" with a sensual massage, delicious dinner and special scrapbook. Molly or Melissa? Jason was torn as to who to spend his life with. "I see the sincerity in both of them," said Jason, whose mother said he had to "trust his gut."

Then, drama: Jason's world was thrown off with the return of DeAnna looking for a second chance. "I came here because I lost out on a great man," she said. "There are a lot of things I'd have done differently. If I would have chosen you, it would have worked."

"I guess all I can do is thank you for this opportunity," said Jason. "But I've found two girls that I'm completely falling for. I've got to follow my heart now."

"You haven't proposed yet; you still have a chance, and that's why I'm here," said DeAnna. "If you're going to propose tomorrow, you should look further."

Finally, it was decision time. After selecting a beautiful, sparkling engagement ring, the final ceremony began. Molly met Jason overlooking the spectacular bluff. "Before you begin, I want to say this has been the most incredible journey I've ever been on," she said.

But an ashen Jason told her, "I don't know how I could ever let you go, but I have to. … I'm in love with somebody else. So sorry."

"I think you've made a mistake. A big one," said Molly. "I just don't get it." After letting Molly go, Jason was moved to tears. Molly was in a state of shock, and couldn't get over the idea that Jason had just made a huge mistake…

"Now, I hope I've made the right decision," said Jason before he finally declared his love to Melissa. "Putting that ring on her finger is going to feel so amazing."

"I came into this looking for someone exactly like you," he told Melissa before romantically getting down on one knee. "You make me happier than I've ever been in my entire life. … I am completely in love with you. …Will you marry me?" Of course, there was also the business of the final flower: "Melissa, will you accept this rose?" he asked. "Absolutely!" squealed Melissa. Then, Ty joined the happy couple, who took the plunge -- literally -- in the pool.

Happy ending, right? Wrong…. On the emotionally difficult "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" (taking place six weeks after the proposal), Jason announced some shocking news to show host Chris Harrison: "It's been a crazy time. ... Since this all ended, things have been different. We're not right for each other. … For that love and passion to not be there just breaks my heart. … Over the last few weeks, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly; I can't control how I'm feeling." Asked if he was still in love with Molly, he nodded, "Yeah." Was he going to end the engagement with Melissa? "I have to," he responded. "I can't live my life with any regrets, and I have to ask Molly, 'What if?'"

Then, Melissa came out to join Jason. He told her point blank, "We're not right for each other. … I still have feelings for Molly."

"I thought things were perfect," said a devastated Melissa. "You don't want to fight to see if it would work because you're having doubts over somebody you said goodbye to? You're such a bastard. …Why did you put a ring on my finger? That was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me and you took it from me. … I'm so mad at you." She handed the ring back: "I don't get it at all, because none of it makes sense."

"I hate myself for what I'm doing to Melissa," said Jason, who stood by his decision. She chastised him one more time for putting her through such emotional heartbreak: "Don't call me. Don't text me anymore. Leave me alone, please." And then she was gone: "It's just an awful feeling to give somebody your heart and trust, and then they just throw it away," she said to the camera.

Enter Molly, who told Chris that she was still working through her feelings about Jason. "He's such an incredible person, and I will never deny that," she said. "Those kind of feelings don't just disappear. I was in love with Jason; all of that won't go away overnight. My feelings have not changed."

Chris returned to the set for the emotional reunion with Molly. After they hashed out the last moments of the show when he chose Melissa over her, he broke the news that he and Melissa were over: "I ended things with her because I haven't been able to stop thinking about you," he said. Molly was dumbfounded. Could this be true?

"I'm very confused; I think we still have a lot to talk about, but my feelings never went away. I think we can see where things go," she said. "This is something I dreamt of, but never expected to hear. … I am blown away right now. … I would be lying if I didn't say I was glad that this is happening right now."

The pair sealed it with a kiss: "We're both following our hearts and doing what's right for us," said Jason. "It's not the classiest or coolest thing to do in the world, but you can't control what's inside you."

Watch ET for more highlights from the incredible 'Bachelor' finale on ABC!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/71329/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »
The Bachelor Episode Recap: March 2, 2009

In The Bachelor's season finale, Jason introduces his family to the two remaining women, Molly and Melissa, and proposes to one of them. Then something crazy happens.

This week's episode unfolds against the backdrop of Internet claims about the crazy thing. I won't elaborate yet in case you've been protecting yourself from spoilers. Once again, I am joined in this recap by my lovely fiancée, who will offer her adorable and often intemperate remarks.

The episode starts with Jason reuniting with his 3-year-old son, Ty, on a New Zealand beach. Ty is growing up fast and doing all kinds of grown-up things: playing tackle football, golfing, and helping his father select his future stepmom. He meets Melissa, a sales representative in normal life, who sells herself to Ty by telling some pretty good little kid jokes. Jason produces a lamb for Ty and Melissa alike — which turns out to be the highlight of the entire season.

Me: A lamby!

Fiancée: Ohmigod! Look how f--g cute he is!

Jason takes Melissa to meet his family. They're protective of him given his divorce and dumping by DeAnna last season, and apprehensive about her parents refusing to meet Jason on camera. But by the end, Jason's mom is convinced that Melissa truly loves Jason.

Next, Jason takes Molly to meet Ty. He initially refuses to greet her or give her a high five. She finally breaks the ice by complimenting his throwing arm and tossing him a Frisbee. Then Jason, Ty and Molly run on the beach, splashing through the tide.

Fiancée: But he didn't present her with a lamb. Whatdoesitmean?

Jason takes Molly to meet the family. Jason concludes that Molly is more career-oriented than Melissa. Her job: Department store buyer. Jason says he can't imagine letting either of the women go. Is this foreshadowing? Foreshadowing of the crazy thing?

In a last-ditch effort to get her parents to at least talk to Jason, Melissa calls her mom and tearfully tells her she's in love. Her parents agree to talk to Jason on the phone, and then Jason and Melissa go for a boat ride, on stormy seas. More foreshadowing?

Melissa: I really, really hope that there's an 'I love you' coming from him pretty soon.

Me: Oh geez. If he doesn't pick her — heartbreaking.

Fiancée: Why hasn't there been one smart girl on the show who says, 'I want to get to know you better' when the guy proposes?

Me: Thank God for women who don't think it through before saying yes.

Fiancée: What?

Me: Nothing.

Because of rain, Molly and Jason have to go back to Molly's place for their final date.

Wearing a swimsuit, she straddles him while rubbing his shoulders and chest and eww. They exchange lines too hokey for porn.

Jason: Why didn't we do this before?

Molly: You need to put me in charge of dates more often.

Molly presents Jason with a fairytale she's written, dedicated to Jason: "The Love of My Life!!!"

Yeah. Three exclamation points.

Next, Jason prepares to call Melissa's parents for what's sure to be an awkward call: Hi, I'm super into your daughter, but also this other girl who gives me porn-dialogue rubdowns. So I may marry your daughter, or I may dump her, but either way it'll all be resolved by the end of the week. So bye, future mom- and dad-in-law, or parents of some chick I'm about to send packing.

We don't get to see much of the call, but Jason says it's satisfied a lot of his concerns.

And then, suddenly, DeAnna returns. She tells Jason she made a mistake when she dumped him last season and picked Jesse instead. They broke up soon after.

Jason tells DeAnna that in Melissa and Molly he has a choice between a safe choice and a wild card. Presumably Melissa's the safe choice and Molly's the wild card. DeAnna says she chose Jesse, the wild card, and was wrong. She wishes she had chosen differently.

Jason says thanks but no thanks. He's moved on. DeAnna takes it really well, and tells him to look beyond which woman is more fun. So, Jason says, he should follow his heart.

"I wouldn't say follow your heart. I would say lead it," DeAnna says. "I followed my heart."

Jason picks out an engagement ring, then gets ready, tearfully.

"Being in love with two women sucks," he says. "I never thought I'd be sitting her feeling so hurt."

Then he teaches Ty to wear a tie. Next: law school.

Jason waits at yet another beautiful New Zealand scenic point to wait for the women. We all know whoever arrives first is going home. The car pulls up, and Chris Harrison opens the door to reveal the first woman to be... Molly. Jason smiles at her, sadly, as she walks toward him in a purple dress. She has a prepared speech, saying she wouldn't take back a minute of anything that's happened.

Jason: I don't know how I could ever let you go. ... But I have to.

Molly: I think you've made a mistake. A big one.

They walk to the car, still holding hands. A weird thing given that he's just broken up with her and is about to propose to someone else.

Jason: Everything was real.

There are only two cool things you can say in a breakup, and this is one of them. The other comes in a few paragraphs.

Jason cries on the balcony — yes, the infamous balcony cry the show has teased us with in previews since the first episode. He's taking this really hard. Foreshadowing? Snaky guitar music plays as Jason keeps crying. This is maybe the most depressing fairy tale ever.

Melissa arrives and Jason says he's completely in love with her. He gets down on one knee, again proclaims his love, and the camera zooms in on the name of the jeweler in a really slick bit of product placement. Jason asks Melissa if she'll marry him. She asks for one second, turns, and makes a squealing sound. Happy guitar music plays. That's a yes.

Melissa and Jason and Ty jump in a pool together. Because that's what people do when they get engaged. Wait, no it's not.

We cut to After the Final Rose. Six weeks have passed.

Harrison says normally on After the Final Rose, the show celebrates the couple's love. But not this time. There's no studio audience out of respect for the people involved. All that possible foreshadowing? Yeah, that was foreshadowing.

Jason comes out looking very serious. He tells Chris it's been "a crazy time" with Melissa and starts crying again.

"Since this all ended, things have been different," Jason says. "We're not right for each other."

He also says he hasn't been able to stop thinking about Molly.

So, basically, this is like almost every other Bachelor or Bachelorette, except that the relationship has collapsed a little faster than usual. Props, by the way, to Reality Steve, who predicted weeks ago that this crazy thing would happen.

Melissa comes out, looking unusually great, perhaps aware of what's about to transpire and already staking her claim to be the next Bachelorette. It's kind of the least the producers can do at this point.

Jason says goodbye to Melissa, who says he should have talked to her and tried to work out their issues, because a ring is forever. Jason says he fell in love with Melissa and Molly at the same time.

Melissa: You're such a bastard.

Fiancée: He's a total scumbag.

Me: Once again I am forced to condemn your intemperate —

Fiancée: You're just saying that because you have to interview Jason and Molly in two days. They don't read your recap. No one does.

"Don't call me, and don't text me anymore," Melissa tells Jason. "Leave me alone, please. Thank you."

This, if you haven't guessed, is the other cool thing you can say in a breakup.

Molly comes out, Jason tells her what's happened, and he asks her if they can give it another go. We cut to a promo of Jimmy Kimmel interviewing Jason.

Jimmy Kimmel: I hope that you do get married and it works out beautifully, but I'm pretty confident that you won't.

Molly says yes, she'll give it another go.

Fiancée: Three-and-a-half months.

Me: Three.

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/bachelor/Bachelor-Recap-Finale-1003571.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:50 AM »
Chris Harrison's weekly blog:

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor': The finale and 'After the Final Rose'

So there you have it. Now you all know how it ended and you get to judge for yourself what the circumstances were that surrounded Jason's decision. Today's blog will give you the facts, as I know them, of what happened, but in the end it's your decision what you believe. I'm going to deal with most of what took place on the show today but I will also put up another more detailed blog on Wednesday after you have all had a chance to see ATFR part 2. Just to give you all a timeline of the events, here's what went down.

Jason proposed to Melissa right before Thanksgiving over in New Zealand. It was an awesome day and night. They couldn't have been happier. I have an amazing picture of the three of us that I took on my phone right after the proposal. They were both very much in love and the scene couldn't have been better. It appeared to us he had found a terrific woman who would become his wife. You have to understand that we want a proposal and we want a true happy ending. I would have sworn up and down that that is what we had that night. I thought on the flight home that you, the viewers, are going to eat this love story up. I talked to Jason and Melissa several times after the proposal and all was going well.

After the holidays something changed. Jason was struggling with Melissa and he told me something was wrong and things had changed between them. A few weeks after that I heard that Jason was going to break up with Melissa and that he still had feelings for Molly. I will be honest when I tell you that my heart sank. I loved Jason and Mel as a couple and selfishly knew that their success together would be great for our show. A true love story with a perfect ending, but all that was shattered with that phone call. My first thought was, Oh my god, he's going to do the unthinkable and make the switch. Turns out I was right. Jason knew he and Melissa were through and wanted another shot with Molly, who he had also fallen in love with. So here we are in the middle of the Bachelor season on TV and our Bachelor is breaking up with the woman he chose and going after the one that he let go. We had a decision to make. What do we do with this situation and this information? Do we let all of America just keep going along with this happy little fairytale only to find that in the end it all blew up a month and a half prior? It's not like Jason was breaking up with Mel and just going away. He was asking for a shot with the girl you saw him break up with in New Zealand. I know this has been controversial but in my mind the only thing we could do out of respect for all of you watching was to show, as delicately as possible, what the hell was happening. Not that it makes it any better or easier, but the fact is everybody knows when they sign up for this show everything about their story will be public. It's a TV show and that is not a big secret. They are well aware of what they got into.

We quickly put together the first After the Final Rose special and brought the three of them together to play it out. I won't speak for Melissa but I can tell you she wasn't blindsided. She knew things weren't going well. Did she know Jason was going to break up with her? Honestly, I don't know. You'll have to ask her, or you could ask your double top-secret source who's second cousin knows a guy who saw the Bachelor once ( I love the ''Source'' -- great stuff). Believe me when I tell you that was the hardest, most uncomfortable show I've ever hosted. I like Melissa very much, and in fact we've talked several times since the taping including Friday before the second ATFR special. Of course, she was hurt and pissed that night we shot the special, but she feels, as do I, that everything happens for a reason and that she's better off. I consider Melissa a friend of mine, and when I go home to Dallas she'll be the first person my wife and I will call to have a cold one with. I know it's hard to see this but these are real people trying the best they can to deal with real issues. As I've said before, that's what makes this show so incredibly compelling to watch.

Because we shot the special and because what happened was so explosive, I assumed it would leak out. We could have been real A-holes and held off till we were closer to the end but that wouldn't have been fair to anybody. So we shot that special six weeks ago. It's unfortunate things leaked out like they did but we know how that happened and who's responsible. We were also well aware of the ''bonus'' information you have been given. I'm not sure why ruining the ending of one of the most successful shows on TV wasn't enough for people but it should have been. To hear these ''people'' go on and add their own twists and turns to the story was not only laughable but flat out ridiculous. To be quite honest, I could care less, but I know Jason, Molly, and Melissa have been hurt by all this and that's where I draw the line, and I do care about that. We said this on the show but I want to make it very clear to you, that when Molly walked on that stage six weeks ago that was the first time she had seen Jason since the finale was shot. A quick side note: When you're making up stories, try to make it somewhat realistic. Do you really think we would fly anybody into the Bachelor's hometown for a date after the show was wrapped? Not even Melissa met him in Seattle. Come on people, I expect better rumors and lies from you by now. Try meeting in Mexico or Canada that would have been so much more believable.

A lot has happened in the six weeks since we shot that first special and that is what you will see on March 3 on After the Final Rose part 2. I think we did a pretty good job of answering most of the tough questions surrounding the decision and what has happened since. I wasn't real sure, since we have never done this before, how it would go and if it would help at all, but it did. I'm not saying that if you're really mad it's going to make everything all better but I could tell from the audience that they could at least now understand and see both sides. I know many of you have sworn to me that this is it — you will never watch again. To those of you who have said that and feel this way I say this: I'm sorry your feelings were hurt and I'm sorry you didn't get the magical ending you thought you were going to get. My promise to you is that no matter what happens on this show, good or bad, we're going to show it. We can't have a show where we only show the good parts and when things turn ugly, as life often does, we stop pack up our stuff, apologize to the millions watching, and just go home. Jason chose this path. I hope you will come back and watch the show, but if not, thanks for your support and thanks for seven great years together. I'll keep your side of the bed warm in case you decide to come back home. Again, I will be back with a special blog on Wednesday that will wrap this up and give you what final thoughts I have on this season. Unfortunately, I can't wait to read your comments and then write Wednesday's blog, but I will be reading all of your comments as usual. See you tomorrow!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/chris-harrison.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2009, 08:35:32 AM »
SPOILER ALERT: Find Out Bachelor Jason’s Pick

It was down to Melissa and Molly, the last two women standing on the Bachelor finale. Continue reading to see which woman Jason Mesnick chose.

In a stunning conclusion to this season’s Bachelor, Jason gave an engagement ring to Melissa … but gave his heart to Molly.

While Jason Mesnick proposed to Melissa Rycroft in the show’s finale, just six weeks later he changed his mind and decided instead to pursue a relationship with the show’s other finalist, Molly Malaney.

After spending much of Monday night’s two-hour finale debating whether he would propose to Molly or Melissa, Jason popped the question to an elated Melissa, who quickly accepted. But the couple’s seemingly happy ending was short-lived.

On The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, which immediately followed the finale Monday night but had been taped six weeks after the earlier program, Jason stunningly revealed to host Chris Harrison that things were not going to work out with Melissa, in large part because he still had strong feelings for Molly.

“Over the last few weeks, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Molly,” Jason said. “If I could change the way I feel… I would do that, but I can’t.”

Next, he revealed his feelings to Melissa, who angrily stormed off the set. A wary Molly appeared and allowed Jason to plead his case for a second chance. Ultimately, she agreed to give their love another shot.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/03/spoiler-alert-find-out-bachelor-jasons-pick/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »
Jason: ‘I’m Not Proud of What I Had to Do’

He had no choice.

That’s Jason Mesnick’s explanation for publicly dumping his fiancee, Bachelor winner Melissa Rycroft, in favor of runner-up Molly Malaney on Monday night’s finale.

Jason says he would have preferred to have delivered the news to Rycroft off camera, but the contract he signed with Bachelor’s producers spelled out that he had to make his painful declaration on TV.

“That was part of the deal. I signed up for it in my contract. Your relationship is — good and bad — in front of everybody,” says Mesnick, who talked exclusively to PEOPLE about the surprising turn of events.

“If I could have, I would have seen Melissa the night before. It killed me. It kills me now.”

The single dad, 32, proposed to an overjoyed Melissa, 25, in the two-hour finale. But on After the Final Rose, which was shot six weeks later, he gave her the boot and confessed he still had feelings for Molly, 24, who agreed to give him another chance.

Mesnick, who was rejected by DeAnna Pappas on The Bacherlotte last year, says he knows what Bachelor viewers must think of him: ” ‘That guy is a jerk.’ But I’m not proud of what I had to do.”

Soon after The Bachelor’s cameras stopped rolling, the euphoria of his engagement to Melissa began to fade. “After we got back into the real world, all of a sudden, we had less to talk about and I didn’t know why. I started thinking wow, what’s happening? Why aren’t we communicating the way we did when the show was going on?” says Jason, who held off on sharing his doubts with Melissa.

“I didn’t say something right away because I wanted to figure out what was going in inside of me,” he says. “There was part of me that wanted things to work out with Melissa so bad. But the whole other piece was I had these crazy feelings for Molly.”

Finally, Jason says, he could not deny the truth: “Melissa and I just have different ways of communicating. We’re not right for each other.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/03/jason-im-not-proud-of-what-i-had-to-do/

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »
Watched the show last night......OK   I had read the spoilers    :-[     so I wasn't surprised at what happened.  I can understand Jason being confused ....... when I was in college I fell for two different guys ..... it was hard because I cared about both of them ...... what I did not like was that Jason broke up with Melissa on National TV ....... although I think maybe they had already broken up.....and just maybe they had to do this due to their contracts.  It was hard to watch.....give Melissa some respect (hopefully Melissa got some sort of satisfaction from all of this)  Jason and Molly.....thought maybe they could have "cooled" the kissing somewhat......Afterall he had "just broken his engagement".  Will be interesting to watch the show tonight.  Hopefully they are all doing  great.
I do like happy endings.   : )

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
From Reality Steve...

That Was Pathetic to Watch. Really, It Was.

No need to gloat really. I told you what their shocker was going to be on January 27th, and it happened. Doesn’t matter how I know, who told me, or how it all came to be. The bottom line was I ruined ABC’s surprise for the season and I’m glad I did. Especially after that abortion they showed us on television last night. I will be honest with you and say I’m sick to my stomach. I mean, the two hour finale was nothing. We all knew what was happening there. But that ATFR show was downright painful. I felt AWFUL for Melissa. Still do. The debate will rage on from this day forward what you want to believe about Jason and Molly’s performance. Was he put up to this? When did he know? When did Molly know and what did she know? That’s all up for each individual to decide. Judging by the message boards and my comments, seems like we’re running about 99% in favor of Jason being named King A-Hole sometime in the near future. Hey, you know all my answers to this. No need to go over it again. Fifty years from now when I’m asked about the Jason Mesnick season of the “Bachelor”, I will firmly believe he was told to do this and agreed to it to create this shocking finale. And no matter what BS Chris Harrison wants to whine about in his blog today, or how many times Jason and Molly want to deny they’ve never contacted each other in the two months he was engaged to Melissa, or how ABC now admits, “Well, we expected it to get leaked”, NOTHING will change my belief of what went down this season.

So basically what I want to mention today is Chris Harrisons blog, and an email I received last week from a completely different source than the ones who gave me all my other information. Lets start with Chris, since apparently he has a hard on for me now. I love how its killing him that he constantly has to address the rumors that I started, yet won’t mention me by name. Hey Chris, how about the fact that in US Weekly last week, not only are they quoting me, but also the “source close to production” that echoed everything I said? Why am I the bad guy here? How about you guys start checking under your own noses for leaks. Hell, the “source close to production” said a hell of a lot more than I did in that article. And oh yeah, all of it was true again. Apparently Fleiss and the gang are all super sleuths now because, according to Chris, “we know how that happened and we know who’s responsible.” Ummm, I hate to tell them this, but they don’t seem to know much of anything. And there’s more than one person leaking stuff considering the email I’m going to show you later on in this post I had never even heard from until five days ago.

Chris is also shoveling the BS that because they’re a TV show, and because they always want their audience to know, good or bad, what’s going on, that’s the reason they televised the break up. According to Chris, “the fact is everybody knows when they sign up for this show everything about their story will be public. It’s a TV show and that is not a big secret. They are well aware of what they got into.” Oh, so that makes it right? That’s just sickening. Go sell that somewhere else. I can’t believe they’re trying to justify televising the public embarrassment of Melissa with a “Hey, that’s just TV. They know what they sign up for.” Well, I guess if these contestants actually read their contracts they would. But half of them just want to be on TV, they don’t realize that they are signing their life away so you can embarrass, humiliate, defame and portray their character in any way you choose, without one ounce of responsibility falling on ABC and the production company. Trust me. I’ve read the contract. I have that in my possession too. The show is f***in sick joke. I had no idea the lengths they go to in that contract to make sure ABC and the production team aren’t held liable for anything that happens on this show. It’s unfreakinbelievable. Yet, we’re supposed to believe this is “real human emotion?” Please.

Chris says that Melissa was not blindsided and that she knew when she arrived at the taping, because of the talks her and Jason were having as of late, that it just wasn’t working. Chris says he doesn’t know if Melissa knew she’d be getting dumped on the show, and that you’d have to ask her. Well, Jason said on Jimmy Kimmel last night that Melissa and him were broken up by the time they arrived at the ATFR taping, and the only question he had was was she going to wear her ring there. So which is it? Were they broken up or not? And Jason, if you and Melissa were already broken up, like you admitted last night on Jimmy Kimmel’s show, THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE TO DO A WHOLE SONG AND DANCE AND GO THROUGH THE BREAKUP YET AGAIN??? You guys were broken up. Fine. Move on. But for thirty minutes, we have to sit there and listen to you do it over again while cameras were rolling? Look, ABC can claim they’re gonna show everything, but please. We all know why that ATFR was filmed. Because they knew they had an ending they’d never had before, and they knew they had an ending they could promote as a “shocker” and “one of the best we’ve ever had.” Can you believe that? You wanna know how little Mike Fleiss and ABC thinks of Melissa? The fact that they promoted last nights finale as the “best we’ve ever had.” It was? I’m sure if you ask Melissa that, she’ll tend to disagree. For shock value, utter embarrassment, disgust, and pure cruelty, yeah sure, best ending you’ve ever had. You don’t give a crap about how Melissa feels as long as 11 million people are watching I guess. Appalling.

The reason they’re saying they decided to film it was because at the time of the ATFR 1 taping, they were a few weeks into the show, still six weeks away from the finale, and they’ve gotten word that their happy couple is now on the rocks. So what do they do? Chris says, “Do we let all of America just keep going along with this happy little fairytale only to find that in the end it all blew up a month and a half prior? It’s not like Jason was breaking up with Mel and just going away. He was asking for a shot with the girl you saw him break up with in New Zealand.” So they figured by taping the ATFR show, they would let America see what happened between their engaged couple. Ok, fine. Problem is, Jason didn’t say sh**. He went from spinning Melissa around, telling her he loved her 100 times in a row, telling Molly “I think you’re wrong” when she told him he was making a mistake, to him just saying, “Uhhh, things changed. Chemistry changed.” Can we get some examples here? This is your fiancé supposedly, not some bimbo you dragged home from the bar. Of course Melissa was pissed, this douche broke off an engagement because why? I still don’t have an answer. Well, other than the one I will always believe which is, there wasn’t an answer. He was just being told what to do.

They’re still trying to shove the “these are real people trying the best they can to deal with real issues.” I’ll give you that its real people. Finally, something truthful. As far as I know, this show hasn’t gone the way of casting androids, but I’m guessing that’ll probably be up Fleiss’ sleeve next season. “Watch Jillian pick from a pool of 25 computer generated d-bags with no human emotion whatsoever!” I might actually tend to believe the “real issues” part if Jason could’ve actually given us examples why he couldn’t last more than two months with his fiancé that he was sooooooooo in love with when he left New Zealand. The whole thing just doesn’t make sense. Once again, if you’re that conflicted in New Zealand, and Jason made a point to tell us a zillion times that he fell in love with two women, well, then how can he propose to one over the other? That’s completely illogical and narrow minded. “Well, its because that day I believed Melissa was the one for me.” Too convenient. That’s such a cop out answer. Totally left the door open for what he eventually ended up doing.

I just want you people to see here that there’s more than meets the eye. When Jason was on with Kimmel last night, they talked about the last time he was on, which was during the first week of the show, so around Jan. 5th. Kimmel asked him point blank, “Were you engaged then?” Jason said, “Yes. Melissa and I were engaged and things were great.” So, if the ATFR 1 taping was on or around Jan. 18th, and two weeks prior on Kimmel you guys were engaged and things were great, that doesn’t leave much of a window for that engagement to go to hell in a handbasket to the point where you call it off because you want to try and get back in Molly’s pants. So you either lied to Kimmel in the first week of January that things were great, or, you just lied in general about the whole relationship since you were never as in love with her as you claim to be. I will always believe the latter. One last note about Jason before moving on to Molly. Jason told us at the ATFR 1 taping before Melissa came out, “I care so much for Melissa that I need to talk to her.” On national television? Really? Apparently you guys were talking privately and were having problems, and according to you, were already broken up. Hmmm, nice guy. “Hey, I know we’re broken up, but ummmm, since ABC didn’t have any footage of it, think we could gather you up to fly out here and we can get this so 11 million people can see for themselves? Thanks. You’re a trooper.’ How Melissa didn’t punch him in the face during that taping is beyond me.

As for Molly, look, we can go back and forth all day every day for the next century trying to figure out what she knew and when she knew it. Only about four people know the honest answer to this, and they’ll never tell us the truth anyway. Hey, a few of you asked me last week why haven’t any former contestants who were on the show years ago ever come out and said anything if this is all so scripted and manipulated. Ummmm, because they can’t. If there’s nothing else you take from this column today, I want you to take this bit of info. As you know, all contestants are under contract with ABC for a year from when their finale airs. But that only covers interviews, appearances, etc. Everything has to run through ABC. So yeah, Megan didn’t really do that when she got the interview with me, but, that’s ok. Some decide they’re pissed off at ABC enough they’ll do what they please. And she did. However, and I can’t stress this enough, every contestant who’s ever appeared on this show signs a LIFETIME confidentiality agreement which essentially states that you can never give away the show secrets or else you can get sued for $5 million.” Oh yeah, I have that contract in my possession also. So why do you think in sixteen seasons, not one person has written a tell all book? Because they can’t. So that’s why you’ll hear stuff on message boards, from friends, etc. These people talk. They tell friends and family and what not, but nothing will ever publicly get traced back to them or else they’re in deep sh**. So if you have nothing to hide, and everything about this show is clean, forthright, honest, and truthful, why is everyone part of this show threatened with a $5 million lawsuit if they ever speak publicly about what really goes on? I’d say that’s pretty telling.

So that’s where I’m essentially banging my head against the wall. I can’t prove any of this, and they’ll never admit to it. If they do, their show is yanked for being a complete farce. So ABC/Jason/Molly/Fleiss and Chris Harrison to a certain extent, are the ones who have to wake up in the morning and look at themselves knowing where the real truth lies in all of this. Will we ever know? Probably not. But all I want to do is get everything out there for the public to see and have them make their own decision. Judging by the emails I’ve gotten and response, it sounds like people are starting to catch on. However, it’s not like I think the show is going anywhere. If not, they’ll thrive off this and continue to produce more crap for us to watch. And yes, I’ll be front and center watching and writing about it. More on that tomorrow. And oh yeah, Molly, when Jason told you to your face in New Zealand, “I love someone else more” and “I think you’re wrong”, when you told him he was making a mistake, that was awfully quick of you to either forget or forgive him for saying that. Not ten minutes after this guy lets his fiance go last night, does he and the girl that he dumped in New Zealand have their tongues jammed down each others throat. Really? You couldn’t wait til maybe you got off stage or something? Yeah, and they had NO contact in those two months? Uh huh. And I’ve been wrong about everything since Jan. 27th.

So, since that time in January, I’ve been giving more and more information little by little that’s all proven to be true. I’ve had a few minor details wrong, but basically for the most part, I’ve told you what to expect this season. Well, last Wednesday I got this random email from someone who claimed to work in LA. I verified it based on the information given, but obviously I will keep their occupation private. This person then proceeded to tell me they have contacts over at ABC, and those contacts essentially had a map of how things went this season on the show. Well, here is that email. This was sent last Wednesday, and obviously you can see most of this stuff ended up playing out. I’m showing it to you because this was never my original source. In fact, Id never even gotten an email from this person EVER until five days ago. So this is what someone at ABC is leaking to their friends, who then passed it on to me. Here’s what they wrote:

“Ok, so let me break it all down for you as I understand it:

Absolute fact:
1) Jason proposes to Melissa in NZ
2) Jason sees Melissa roughly twice a month from end of NZ (they stayed three days together after FRC) to the emergency taping
3) Jason tells Melissa it is over.
4) Melissa flips out. Screams. Yells. Cries. Calls him a bunch of names, etc. etc. Basically a total meltdown.
5) The second ATFR is like normal. Jason/Molly happy, Melissa okay — it was all for the best, yadda. though obviously I don’t know the exact language.

The following things I’m going to tell you are more complex than stone-cold fact, however I trust my source and STRONGLY believe that everything I’m about to tell you is true because I mean…some of it is too unbelievable and detailed to just pull out of total fabrication.

1) Your interview with Megan, which I listened to late yesterday, corraborated what I had heard about Melissa. She was a bubbly spit fire, however she barely spoke to Jason for the first week.

2) Jason made an instant connection with Molly, and despite her poor edit there are several things during the season (tent date, long walk alone in Seattle) that point to that fact. Yet, it wasn’t over the top because that is not Molly’s personality.

3) Just prior to the Final Five, Jason informed producers that Molly was the one.

4) The plan was formed. Producers asked Jason who he liked second best and he told them he had taken interest in Melissa — had a lot going for her, sweet, attractive, etc. They told him to bring her to the Final Two, pick her at the FRC for drama and that she would get America’s love and attention — aka a set up for The Bachelorette. They convinced Jason that he would do no irrevocable harm to Melissa, because she would get the popularity.

5) I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that Melissa fell in love with Jason. In fact, my source said that is who Chris Harrison and the rest were “cheering for and were happy when they saw her bond with Ty.” Period. Nothing else is true. Melissa fell in love with Jason, the staff saw it and rooted for it and were happy for them.

6) Which leads to this fact. Only three people (Mike Fleiss, another top-level showrunner (Martin), and Jason) knew about the plan until AFTER THE FRC. Immediately after the FRC, Chris H and the rest of the staff was informed of the plan and what would go down at the ATFR. No idea how they reacted, and really it isn’t a big part of the story.

7) Immediately after Jason returned to Seattle he got in touch with producers and they put him in touch with Molly. Molly did NOT know about this plan before the FRC, but DID know about it just several days after the FRC. How do you think she was able to take him back? Because she knew. My guy also told me she will play this off at the ATFR as, “Jason is a good man who was in a high pressure situation. Once he got away from the camera, his heart changed. And I loved him.”

8) Now, this is the slightly disturbing part but my source said he heard this from reliable people. Remember that I said Melissa was head over heels in love. She saw Jason every other weekend and told Jason she was planning on moving out to Seattle, loved Ty, wanted to start a family. Jason made all of this seem great. He is playing the game, before finally realizing after one of these “heart to hearts” that Melissa was seriously falling for him.

9) He called the producers and they moved up the show for him but told him he had to do it, per the agreed “twist”, on camera.

10) Hence everything you will see at the ATFR show.

If you have any questions, let me know. But it’s pretty self-explanatory. My source said that ATFR was still in post-production until either earlier this week or late last week. I have no idea how they will spin it, but they will for damage control.

How does the truth get into the mainstream? You said something about some mysterious e-mails before. That would help. As would someone saying “sue me, I’m talking.” From what I’m told Melissa is “better” but still is taking this very hard.

No idea if she will follow the company line on Ellen and the talk show circuit. Also, the whole parents thing was way overblown. They just were private people and didn’t want to participate. I’ve heard they are very religious. Not sure what that has to do with being private. But they just didn’t want to be on the show. No other conspiracy theory to that.

Hope you enjoy the carnage. Because it is coming!”

So just so we’re clear here. This email was sent from someone at ABC to a buddy, who then passed it along to me. So when Chris Harrison talks about they know where the leaks are coming from and know who’s responsible, I’d say they don’t. So just wanted to add this fuel to the fire that more people knew about this than ABC wanted to believe. I was just the only one to come out with it as early as I did. Doesn’t matter who told me, how many people were involved, or how I got it, the fact is I wanted to beat ABC to the punch on their “shocker” for this season, and I did. I’ve never done that in the 15 seasons I’ve been covering this show because, well, I’d never gotten tipped off like this before. I’m sure they’re not happy because this was going to be their gem, and they definitely didn’t want the public forming an opinion before the finale but, oops. Sorry.

I would like nothing more than to speak with Melissa so we can get an answer to a lot of these questions. Put it this way, she knows I’m looking for her. The invitation is out there. All she has to do is accept it. And what better place to come to share your story than here, where all I want to do is get the truth out. I feel the public has been misled enough by this show, and seeing Melissa get taken behind the woodshed last night was gut wrenching to watch. Something tells me however that she is done with this whole process and would just like to move on. Of course she doesn’t want to be the next Bachelorette. Would you after what just happened to you? Melissa was the perfect candidate. She has America behind her, she’s likable, she’s cute, and she already has a built in audience. There’s a reason Jillian is out next Bachelorette. It’s because Melissa doesn’t want any part of this mockery any more. And can you blame her?

I’m still working on transcribing the Megan interview, so I’ll have that up in a couple days. As for the Jason and Melissa email conversation done after the ATFR 1 taping was held, I still haven’t decided if I’m going to release them. I’m leaning one way right now, but I’ll have a definitive answer in the next day or two. Until then, enjoy tonights fluff piece as ABC tries to shove down our throat “Hey, Jason’s just living his life and don’t be mad at him for following his heart.” Blech. Makes me want to vomit. The guy made his own bed and now he should have to lie in it. And going on Jimmy Kimmel and immediately becoming defensive about what he did isn’t helping his cause much either. Back tomorrow with more stuff. Any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, or more Jason/Molly backlash, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. And please, don’t be offended or keep sending emails if I don’t get back to you. I get and read ALL your emails. I just have to pick and choose which ones to respond to due to the 200-300 or so a day I’ve been getting recently. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy tonight. If that’s possible.

http://www.realitysteve.com/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »
‘Bachelor’ breaks two hearts in season finale
Jason picks Melissa over Molly, then changes him mind in reunion show

There have been many break-ups of the couples who met during the 12 previous seasons of ABC's "The Bachelor" and four seasons of "The Bachelorette." But until Monday night, none of the couples broke up while the show was actually airing.

Jason Mesnick, the single dad whose heart was broken by DeAnna Pappas at the end of "The Bachelorette 4," broke two hearts, not counting viewers who are dismayed by the way he chose Melissa only to dump her during the "After the Final Rose" special and pick Molly, who he'd rejected earlier.

The closest the show has ever come to this kind of conclusion is when Brad Womack rejected both of the final two women, and then later faced an angry studio audience at the reunion. Some viewers, it seemed, couldn't fathom that someone would refuse to make a lifelong commitment to a TV date.

In New Zealand, Jason told us, “I can see a life with both” Melissa and Molly, and struggled with his decision. “I am completely torn between two women. After everything I've been through, I've never been so conflicted about a decision in my entire life.”

DeAnna was no help. Her long-teased visit to Jason was over in minutes, and although previews made it appear as though she wanted him back and left him in tears, in reality, she just told him she screwed up by not picking him, and gave some greeting card advice: “I wouldn't say follow your heart, I would say lead it. I followed my heart.”

Jason and his heart dumped Molly and picked Melissa, and he proposed to her, although not before bawling after Molly left. Minutes later, but six weeks in real time, Jason reunited with Melissa and dumped her.

During the audience-less reunion, he told her, “We're not right for each other.” She said, “I don't believe you. I thought things were perfect,” and then started to talk about herself in the third person, which is never a good sign.

Eventually she got mad — “You're such a bastard” — and walked away. “Don't call me, don't text me any more, leave me alone, please. Thank you,” Melissa said.

A not-so surprising finish

As shocking as the ending may have been — ABC has been teasing it for weeks, and both Harrison and the show's executive producer, Mike Fleiss, have hyped it in the media — it was not a surprise. A little less than two weeks ago, the ending was revealed by a blogger known as Reality Steve, which also claimed that the ending was “fabricated,” although the blogger later admitted, “All the stuff I've speculated about (planned from the beginning, Jason doing what he was told to do, etc), I can't prove.”

In an Entertainment Weekly blog post, “Bachelor” host Chris Harrison insisted producers did not and would not did not fabricate or pre-plan the shocking ending.

That Jason would participate in a scripted conclusion seems highly unlikely, especially because he doesn't appear to be a good enough actor to fake his obviously genuine emotions both during the finale and during the “After the Final Rose” special.

(Conspiracy theorists might argue that his emotions were about what he was doing or had been asked to do to Melissa, but that's how conspiracy theories work: every piece of evidence can be spun to support the theory.)

If anything, that the ending was scripted by producers seems like a comforting alternative, as it serves as some explanation, reason, or excuse as to why Jason did an about-face on both Melissa and on his reputation as a good guy.

That Jason would do this was the shocking part. He was totally devastated last season, so he knows what it's like to be on the dumped end of “The Bachelor.” And to hurt both women, even at different times, seems unlike him.

Jason wasn't without emotion, though. After dumping Molly in New Zealand, he cried on the balcony of the house before proposing to Melissa. And during the reunion, he admitted, “What I did to [Melissa] was horrible. But I don't want to live my life with any regrets.”

Trashing his good-guy reputation

His only regret may be doing all of that on national television, as his “horrible” actions have trashed his reputation, at least to some viewers. It seems like he bailed on one relationship because he knew he had another option — Molly — standing by. Although she told Jason, “we still have a lot to talk about,” Molly seemed into him, as her “feelings never went away.”

Earlier, Jason told Harrison, “I had to give Melissa her chance,” but said that “Since this all ended, things have been different, and we're not right for each other.”

Considering that Jason discovered that in just a few weeks, Melissa had a point when she said that Jason “didn't want to fight for our relationship, he didn't want to try.”

Then again, this is love forged on a reality show, with camera and crew and an environment — never mind that the star dates multiple women at once, and this season, like many before it, fell in love with two simultaneously.

The biggest surprise, then, is that Jason couldn't make up his mind and switched when he could, but that this hasn't happened before. How many “Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” stars were similarly conflicted but stuck with someone for the sake of their television reputation, at least until they could break up away from the cameras?

Although Melissa is clearly hurt, the odds said she and/or Jason would have been hurt eventually. All but three of the 16 “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” couples broke up, and one of those couples, Charlie O'Connell and Sarah Brice, broke up but reconnected a year later.

That it happened on TV is what's different this season, and along with accusations that Jason conspired with producers and criticism of his hurtful decision, maybe Jason should get a little credit for demonstrating on television that “The Bachelor” experience usually isn't a fairy tale.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29481521/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2009, 10:03:31 AM »
'The Bachelor' recap: This is (Not) Your Wife

It really was the most shocking finale ever, as Jason, the biggest tool in ''Bachelor'' history, breaks the land-speed record for relationship flameouts by dumping Melissa ''After the Final Rose''

Okay, so here's the good news: For once, the hyperbole was true — it really was the ''most dramatic season finale in Bachelor history.'' And now for the bad news: As it turns out, Ty's father is an even bigger jackass than we thought. Honestly, my heart just breaks for that kid.

It's not like we hadn't been warned by Reality Steve. Still, up until tonight, I couldn't quite believe the rumors were true. After all, the producers have promised ''heart-stopping'' shocks countless times before and they've never delivered, so why would this time be any different? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, though, and I don't believe producers scripted this or any other finale — if they were in the habit of fixing the Bachelor's ''journey,'' they'd make sure it ended with an insane twist every year. Nope, I think this season they just got lucky — lucky enough to find a Bachelor with a spectacular lack of judgment and self-awareness, and they simply edited his idiotic actions into the most compelling, surprising narrative possible. Once team Bachelor learned that Jason wanted to dump Melissa, did they encourage him to do it on-camera rather than in private like a decent human being? I'm sure they did. But he didn't have to say yes. As annoyed as we all may be at the outcome, my friends, the producers were simply doing their job: making good TV. Jason might be contractually obligated to have a final rose ceremony — as former Bachelor Brad Womack contests — and he's no doubt obligated to appear on the After the Final Rose special. He is not, however, contractually obligated to act like an a--hole — I believe he managed to do that all by himself.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's go back to the beginning of tonight's ''journey'' and work through our feelings about The Great Bachelor Implosion of 2009 together. We open on a beautiful New Zealand beach, where Jason and Ty have a tearful reunion in the sand. The poor little dude has been shipped half way across the world to meet one of the two ''ladies'' his daddy is thinking about marrying. ''It's so important that I make the right choice,'' says Jason. ''And I'm just at the point now where Ty, in his own way, will help me figure it out.'' Melissa is first to take the toddler test, and though she is nervous about meeting Ty, she gives off a cuddly, kindergarten teacher vibe that kids respond to — and she was also smart enough to come prepared with an arsenal of knock-knock jokes. Ty seems comfortable enough with Melissa, even when Jason leaves the two of them alone while he fetches a lamb off camera. During those 30 seconds, she manages to keep Ty from choking on his own tongue or otherwise harming himself, so I'm pretty sure that makes her Bachelor-certified stepmom material.

The real test is next. Once Ty goes down for his nap, Jason brings Melissa to meet his mom, dad, brothers, and sister-in-law. Jason's family grills her on all the predictable topics: meeting Ty, moving to Seattle, her feelings for Jason. They all eye her warily, especially when the topic of her MIA parents comes up. Melissa's defense: ''Am I OK that they potentially could not meet him before this process is over? No.'' Once they're alone, Mama Mesnick continues to hammer Melissa about her family, prompting the anxious ex-cheerleader to start talking really fast about how close she is with her parents and what ''happy people'' they are.

Jason's brothers are skeptical because DeAnna screwed Jason over before, and here comes another olive-skinned brunette who says she wants to spend the rest of her life with him. ''In the previous show he got DeAnna's dad's blessing,'' Sean tells Melissa. ''And without your parents... meeting him, potentially he's not going to propose.'' Papa Mesnick's resolve softens a little when Ty toddles out and says he wants to play with Melissa. ''You and Ty have such a magical chemistry going on, you know, to bring someone into your life like Melissa would only just make it explode even more than it is.'' Though I'm not 100 percent sure what he means, it's going to be hard for Molly to top an endorsement like that.

She's gonna give it a try, though. Here comes Molly bouncing out of the SUV, chipper, bright-eyed, and ''excited'' to meet Ty. Jason explains that Molly ''is not somebody who's been around little kids a lot,'' and it shows. Children are like dogs — they can smell fear — and Molly is giving off the unmistakable stench of terror. Ty won't give her a high-five or even say hi to her, but it doesn't really mean anything — he's three, and while he has more social skills than his father, sometimes he's bound to be cranky. ''I was freaking out,'' says Molly. ''But I just had to be confident and give it my best.'' Her best involves relentless smiling and nodding, and eventually Ty allows her to hold his hand as he romps in the water. Molly is almost convincing when she says, ''We're kind of a little family right now. This is how life could be, and it's so fun to think like that.'' (Good try, toots.)

Hopefully the Mesnick clan can be the tiebreaker. Jason takes Molly to meet the family, and she responds by turning her perky levels up to 11 — which is a little disturbing because her smile and eyes are so wide at this point, she's beginning to get crazy face. (And I know it's windy out there, but couldn't she have run a comb through her ponytail before entering the house?) Jason's brothers want to know if Molly's ready to transition into the life of a domesticated stepmom, and she says, ''F--- that! I'm packing the brat off to boarding school!'' Oh, wait, sorry — she actually tells them what they want to hear: ''I want to settle down with someone now. I've been there, done that.''

But can she convince Jason's mom? Mama Mesnick, unlike her son, has a pretty inscrutable poker face. During her couch time with Molly, she's not giving up anything other than a steely gaze — especially when Molly says she's fine to move because ''I can still have my career in Seattle.'' Later, when a weepy Jason asks her for help with his decision, mom defrosts a piece of advice that she's been keeping in the family freezer since the 1950s: ''Here's a young lady who says she loves you to pieces, and yet she has a career, and career's important to her. But I think foremost for you, you want somebody who is family oriented, and who's going to be there for Ty and you.'' Yes, that's right, Donna Reed: Never mind that your son is making his second (soon-to-be-failed) attempt to find a stepmom for Ty on a reality TV show — the real threat to his future happiness is that he may marry a woman who works outside the home.

With the deadline approaching, Melissa calls her parents in an effort to get them to talk to the Bachelor on the phone. They agree, but for whatever reason Melissa waits until the end of her rainy-date date to tell Jason. During another prone make-out session, he gives her the closest thing to an ''I love you'' that the Bachelor Code of Conduct allows: ''I've never felt this way either, okay?'' When it's Molly's turn to prove her love the next day, she is ready: ''I just need to put it all out there for him and let him know how I'm feeling.'' And by ''put it all out there,'' she means mounting him on a rented massage table and tenderizing him with baby oil like the big piece of beefcake that he is.

Once he's hosed off, Molly hands Jason a homemade dossier called ''A Fairytale Love Story.'' It opens with a note that looks like something a fifth-grade girl would pass to her crush in homeroom — she even the draws the ''o'' in ''once upon a time'' as a little heart. The rest is a scrapbook of plane tickets, date cards, the lyrics to her now-classic ditty ''Jason (You Give Me Butterflies),'' and the acceptance letter to The Bachelor — which I transcribed, because I am a total dork:

''September 25, 2008

Dear Molly,

Congratulations! You have been selected to be a part of ABC's prime time series ''The Bachelor.'' We are very excited about your participation and look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles. You should be ready to be entertained in the most unforgettable places, dine in a style reserved for the elite, live in a luxurious mansion, and experience exotic, high-action adventures. This experience will take you from California to Your Town, USA. Be prepared!''

She must have cut off the last line: ''P.S. — Don't bother packing your dignity. You won't need it.''

Wow, both ''ladies'' really brought their A-game. What's Jason going to do? Call Melissa's parents, that's what. He tells them that he ''completely'' understands that they didn't want to be on camera, and while The Bachelor is ''a crazy way'' to meet someone, he wants them to know that ''it's so real.'' It seems to go well enough, and Jason tells us that the conversation gave him ''closure, so I can move forward.''

So all's well, right? Oh, hells no. As ominous music plays, a black station wagon snakes up the driveway. The door opens, revealing a woman's toned legs... and what's this? Aw yeah — the bitch is back, y'all!!! Of course the only one surprised about it is Jason, since ABC has been pimping this moment in promos since January. The producers are working hard to make it seem like DeAnna's mission is to get Jason back — ''I came here because I lost out on a great man,'' she says — but it's pretty clear that that's a gross exaggeration, at best. In their awkward chat on the couch, DeAnna tells Jason that she ''got caught up'' in the excitement of the Fun Guy, even though she knows a successful relationship is built on more than fun. Jason says he's facing the same dilemma — and in hindsight, he completely telegraphs what's going to happen on After the Final Rose: ''I'm faced with two girls, right? And one of them is everything that I was looking for when I came in here... And then there's the other girl who is more of a wild card, who could be extremely amazing but I don't know — versus, like, the safer, like, I know bet, you know?'' The bottom line, TV Watchers, is that Jason fell victim to human nature and his own immaturity — he tried to make the ''safer'' choice with Melissa, but was ultimately seduced by the risk involved with choosing the ''wild card,'' Molly. And the American viewing public will reap the benefits of his mistake.

DeAnna tells him as much, saying she chose the ''wild card'' and paid a steep price for it. ''If I would have chose you, it would have worked.'' But honestly, if she really wanted him back, I think she would have tried a little harder than this: ''I could see myself having a relationship with you. You haven't proposed yet. You still have a chance. And that's why I'm here. [Unconvincing shrug]'' DeAnna may have had some residual feelings for Jason, but most likely she was just doing the producers a solid by agreeing to come to New Zealand and share her regrets on camera. (Remember, at this point the producers were banking on DeAnna's Big Return to be their shocking finale moment.) Anyhow, DeAnna didn't look too broken up — or even fazed — after Jason shot her down, did she? When Jason says he's going to ''follow his heart'', she offers a quick correction: ''I wouldn't say follow your heart — I would say lead it. I followed my heart.''

At last, the big day has arrived. Some blonde lady named Emily arrives with a briefcase of engagement rings by Neil Lane, and Jason chooses a monstrous sparkler that'll likely give his chosen ''lady'' carpal tunnel. But he still doesn't know what he wants. ''I've never been so conflicted about a decision in my entire life.'' Somehow, after less than a minute of voiceover rumination — all the while standing on the balcony staring at the ring like Frodo at the edge of the lava pit — Jason suddenly is struck with a moment of clarity: ''I've made my decision. I know what I'm going to do.'' That doesn't mean he's not going to cry about it, though. ''I never thought I'd be sitting here right now this hurt.'' No time to listen to your gut, pal — just throw a bowtie around your toddler's neck and go make some bad decisions!

It seems a little pointless, not to mention cruel, to recount what happens next, so I'll try to be quick. The first limo rolls up the driveway, and Harrison, God bless him, is there to greet poor Molly with his pleasant-but-completely-unreadable expression. After she joins Jason at the proposal post, the Bachelor tells her she is (what else?) ''amazing,'' and then he starts to lose it. ''I don't know how I could ever let you go — but I have to.'' For once, Molly stops smiling. ''I think you've made a mistake — a big one.'' (Kids, this is called foreshadowing.) Once Jason sends Molly off, we finally get that balcony breakdown scene that's been taunting us all season in the promos. It's a good thing he ends up dumping Melissa, because Jason would have some serious explaining to do about his post-Molly meltdown if they were still together. Meanwhile in the reject limo, a stunned Molly keeps repeating her theory, which will prove all too true: ''I just think he's making a huge mistake.''

Oh, look who's here! It's Ms. Pinky Ring herself! As soon as Jason, who's managed to get it together by now, tells Melissa that he's ''completely in love'' with her, she hops up and down and squeals with glee. Of course, you know the rest: ring, kissing, ''Will you accept this rose?'' And then sweet little Ty comes running out in his bowtie... Happily ever after, right? I rarely feel bad for people who choose to go on reality TV shows — strike that, I never feel bad for people who choose to go on reality TV shows — but for Melissa's sake, I really do wish the ''journey'' had ended here.

Cut to six weeks later. As Harrison warns us, ''A lot has happened since then.'' He brings Jason out on stage to an empty studio — no applause, no squealing women. All it takes is a simple ''What's on your mind?'' from Harrison, and the Bachelor breaks down. Tearfully, Jason admits that since the show ended, things with Melissa ''have been different.'' And then comes the bombshell: ''Over the last few weeks I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly.'' These are his ''real, honest true feelings'', and he swears he hasn't talked to Molly about anything. (What about texts and emails? Unclear — Harrison doesn't ask.)

Harrison, who calls Jason a ''good guy,'' spells it out for us: ''You are about to officially break up with Melissa. How do you think that's going to go?'' I'm guessing the answer is ''not well,'' since good guys don't dump their fiancées on camera. And now it's Melissa's turn to come out to an awkwardly empty studio. While she doesn't know exactly what's going to happen, her tight smile makes it clear she knows whatever's coming isn't good. As Melissa blinks back tears, Jason explains that ''the chemistry just started changing.'' Rightfully, she explodes, blasting him for wussing out once it became clear that their relationship might not be all roses and champagne and fantasy dates — that it might actually take work. ''Something happened!'' she demands. ''And you have yet to be honest.'' Finally, Jason spits it out: ''I do still have feelings for Molly.'' Their fight goes on awhile longer, but I think Melissa sums it up for all of us when she says, ''You are such a bastard!''

So once again, Melissa is the dumpee. She turns to the disgraced Bachelor and issues this withering warning, ''Don't call me, don't even text me, leave me alone, please.'' Possibly the most tragic thing of all is that Melissa comes out of this whole experience thinking it's her fault: ''There's something wrong with me,'' she moans, riding away in the reject limo. The only thing wrong with you, sweetie, is that you thought The Bachelor could find you a good guy. I just wish she had kept the ring, sold it on eBay, and sent herself on a nice long vacation courtesy of ABC.

Meanwhile, Molly's been backstage in an isolation booth or something — Harrison says she has no idea what just went down. Before he brings Jason out, Harrison asks Molly if she's still in love with the Bachelor. ''All I wanted since I've been back,'' she admits, ''is for him to call me or knock on my door and say, 'I made a mistake.''' She's about to get her wish. Jason skulks out from backstage, and 'fesses up that he wants her back. Molly — convinced that she's the victim of the meanest Punk'd prank ever — looks from Harrison to Jason and back again. Finally, she manages to speak. ''Um, but, what about Melissa?'' (Yeah that's right, girlfriend — what about her? If he's doing this to her, what makes you think you'll be any different? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOMAN, RUN!!) By the end of the commercial break, she's turned toward Jason. ''I'm very confused,'' she says. ''I think we still have a lot to talk about...'' And now her hand's on his knee... ''I think we can see where things go... My feelings never changed for you.'' Aaaand now they're sucking face. It's over, folks. Cue the orchestra — the circle of crazy is complete!

Okay, let's all take a deep breath and digest what just happened. Was this the best Bachelor finale ever, or did it completely annihilate the ''integrity'' of the franchise? Once you've vented in the comments area, be sure to read Chris Harrison's exclusive blog on PopWatch, where he gives us a timeline of how this whole debacle went down. Finally, check out our exclusive extended scene below, in which Jason's sister-in-law grills Molly about the moment she fell in love with him. (Surprisingly, the answer is not ''When he dumped my rival on television.'') Okay, everybody, let's talk Bachelor!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20262579,00.html