Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 127514 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:23 PM »
ABC press release:

Wednesday, February 18, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - -
TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE JILLIAN (2/19)

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A TELECONFERENCE CALL THURSDAY WITH JILLIAN,
THE BACHELORETTE ELIMINATED THIS WEEK ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"
WHAT:      Teleconference call with Jillian, the bachelorette eliminated this week from "The Bachelor," airing on ABC.

WHEN:    Thursday, February 19, 12:30 p.m., ET/ 11:30 p.m., CT/ 9:30 a.m., PT

WHO:    Bachelorette Jillian, 29, an interior designer from Peace River, Alberta, Canada, went to the edge of the world with Jason, traveling to Queenstown, New Zealand, to share a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Although Jason saw her as gorgeous, exciting and adventurous, he questioned how independent and strong she was. He was looking for her passionate side, which she had not shown him up until now. They shared a steamy hot tub that put those thoughts out of his mind. However, in the end, a clearly distraught Jason determined that their lives were more different than he had realized. They were on a path to being best friends and he needed more. Their very intense goodbye left both of them shaken and in tears.

CALL INFO:    IT IS NECESSARY TO RSVP TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND CONFERENCE CODE!

Title: ABC Conference Call: "The Bachelor"
Please plan to dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO:    ABC Media Relations, Lisa Scalzo, Lisa.R.Scalzo@abc.com , 212.456.7109

More information about "The Bachelor"

On "The Bachelor: The Women Tell All" special, airing Monday, February 23 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), it's an explosive reunion viewers won't want to miss, as the most memorable bachelorettes from this season - including Erika, Jillian, Megan, Naomi, Natalie, Nikki, Shannon and Stephanie -- return to confront each other and Jason one last time on national television to dish the dirt and tell their side of the story. And Jason discloses that the third time truly was the charm for him, revealing that he's extremely happy with his final choice.

Jason and Chris Harrison discuss the most dramatic on and off-air moments of the season. Trista and Ryan, who are expecting their second child, offer advice about how they've stayed so happy since we saw them meet six years ago on "The Bachelorette." Charlie O' Connell, who starred in the series in March 2005, and Sarah Brice, the woman he chose, will share with viewers how their relationship has developed since Charlie offered Sarah his final rose.

It's the bachelorettes like you've never seen them before! The special also includes a sneak peek at the dramatic season finale.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=021809_02

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »
Jillian on The Ellen Degeneres Show today 2/18

got this off myspace, don't know who to credit it to...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:21 AM »
Jason will be on EXTRA Thursday 2/19 to address the rumors about the finale.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2009, 01:35:45 PM »
From realityworld

Conference Call With Jillian Harris of The Bachelor

On Monday night's episode of The Bachelor, Jason took the remaining three women for romantic, overnight dates in New Zealand.  Then came the tough task of eliminating one of them and breaking their hearts.  On each of the dates, Molly, Melissa, and Jillian all expressed to Jason that they were falling in love with him but unfortunately for at least one, the feelings were not completely mutual.  At the rose ceremony, Jason surprisingly eliminated Jillian, with whom he had formed a strong connection with early on.  They shared an emotional goodbye, in which she confronted him about his reasons for ending things.  Today, Jillian participated in a conference call with the media, offering her thoughts and perspective on her experiences on The Bachelor.

Q. RealityTVWorld.com:  Based on how you thought your date in New Zealand went, was it safe to say that you were surprised to be eliminated?
A. Jillian: I think it's a very unique situation you're in and no matter how hard you're falling for someone, you always sort of wonder if this is for real and if this is the real one.  You have questions in your mind and your heart.  When he let me go, I was sincerely disappointed and surprised.

Q. RealityTVWorld.com:  You talked a lot about marrying your best friend.  Do you think that affected Jason's decision?
A. Jillian: I'm not sure if it affected his decision or not.  I still stand by my word.  I have a lot of mentors in my life who have very successful marriages and the key is marrying your best friend.  I understand there has to be more.  There has to be a spark.  That's what I'm looking for.  If he's looking for something different, then he made the right choice.

Q. Grand Rapids Press: What was your take on Molly and what kind of relationship do you the two of you have?
A. Jillian: I became very good friend with Melissa, Naomi, and a lot of girls in the house.  Molly is really what you see on tv.  She is bright, funny, smart.  I would say, in sharing emotions, she's a little more reserved than I am but that's not to say that that's right or wrong.  She's a good girl.

Q. Austin American Statesman: What was it like to watch that hot tub scene back on tv?
A. Jillian: Apparently, my dad just stared at the tv with his jaw open.  When I watched it, I had a good laugh.  I still don't really have any regrets.  It happened and it was kind of funny to watch and it is what it is.

Q. BuddyTV: You said that you were falling in love with Jason.  Now that you have a little perspective, do you still feel that way?
A. Jillian: I would say on a scale of 1-10, would he be a 10 for what I'm looking for?  Maybe not but out of all the men I dated in  my life,  he possessed the most qualities of what I'm looking for.  I still love him but I don't think I'm in love with him anymore.  I wish the very best for him.

Q. Yahoo! TV: Why didn't Jason think it was going to go beyond being friends?
A. Jillian: I think that's the million dollar question.  I felt the same way.  I felt like we had so many different levels that our relationship had reached from being friends to being partners to really understanding each other.  I'm not sure why he thought it wasn't going to be there.  Friends and family say to me, "Maybe he couldn't keep up with you or maybe you need someone with a little more zest or maybe he really didn't feel that spark."  If you can find out, call me back and let me know.

Q. Yahoo! TV: How has life been since The Bachelor and have you considered becoming The Bachelorette?
A. Jillian: Life after The Bachelor has been getting back home and getting back to work and making sure that my friends and family know I'm okay and thanking everyone for their support.  I have a very positive life back here in Vancouver.  I think I'm just gonna continue to do what I'm doing because it's made me very happy.  In terms of me doing The Bachelorette, it's something I haven't thought too seriously about.

Tune in to ABC next Monday for The Bachelor: The Women Tell All special, beginning at 8pm ET on ABC.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/1689-conference-call-with-jillian-harris-of-the-bachelor

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
'The Bachelor': OMG! WTH is going to happen in that 'After the Final Rose' special?

Rumors about what the heck is going to go down during the upcoming The Bachelor: After the Final Rose special (which airs the first week in March, in two parts) have been furiously swirling around the Internet the past couple of days, thanks in part to mysterious previews at the end of Monday's episode, and host Chris Harrison's EW.com blog. ("Something happens that's so stunning and dramatic, we taped it in private without an audience," Harrison writes. "This is a moment in Bachelor history you don't want to miss.") I know what you're all thinking: What could Bachelor Jason Mesnick possibly do that would be so "stunning" and "dramatic"? Er, besides engaging in steamy hot tub love only to send the girl home because he only saw her as just a friend (cough Jillian cough)?

Well, a blogger who goes by the name of "Reality Steve" claimed early today that he's got the answer to our thorny question: Jason, he says, apparently chooses Melissa in New Zealand, then during said special, dumps her and starts dating runner-up Molly. (Seriously, this dude analyzes the reality show in a similar way that our own Doc Jensen analyzes Lost). A spokesperson for ABC had no comment on Reality Steve's so-called speculation, and I'm not so sure I do either. I mean, that would be crazy right? RIGHT?

Bachelor fans, speak up: what are you thinking is going to happen during the After the Final Rose special? Could these rumors possibly be true? And if so, would this make you hate Jason or respect him for following his heart (even if it is a little after-the-fact)?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/the_bachelor/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »
The Bachelor: Jason Mesnick will be on The View on ABC on Friday, February 27th!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »
wow i love the scandel and drama of it alllll.. ty will for all the findings and posting , at frist i was shocked and now i am trying to come to grips with wtf , did he realy follow abc's lead and take money to b a scumball?? what ever happens abc will put there big spinn on it and make us all feel warm :flirt: and fussy again lol.. if u find the vid of  yd show he was on and or the veiw today could u post it please i read this right after the view aired here.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2009, 11:36:46 AM »
he's on next friday, not today...i'm sure it'll get youtubed after it airs....

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
oh ty will  :-[ :ascared
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2009, 01:14:49 AM »
Transcript of Jillian's teleconference call:

Friday, February 20, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - -
TRANSCRIPT 2/19 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE JILLIAN HARRIS

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE FEBRUARY 19 "THE BACHELOR"
TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE JILLIAN HARRIS

"The Bachelor: Women Tell All Special" airs this MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Cathy Rehl: Welcome, everybody and good afternoon. We are down to our final two women. Next Monday will be the always entertaining, Women Tell All special. And after that will be our finale and After the Final Rose and then on Tuesday, March 3, our other special, After the Final Rose, Part 2.

But today, first we have the last eliminated woman, Jillian Harris. And she comes to us obviously from Canada. And I'm just going to get started with the questions, with the question part of this. And please again, only two questions at a time.

Let everybody get a chance to talk and then you can come back and ask more questions. Thanks.

John Bracchitta: Hey, how you doing?

Jillian Harris: Hey, John. How's it going?

John Bracchitta: Pretty good.

Jillian Harris: Good.

John Bracchitta: Just to go on about the show. Based on how you thought your date in New Zealand went with Jason, is it safe to say you were surprised when you learned that you had been eliminated?

Jillian Harris: Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say I was surprised. I think that it's a very unique situation that you're in and of course, no matter how hard you're falling for somebody, you always sort of wonder is this for real? And if he's the real one and you have questions in your mind and your heart? But when he let me go, I was sincerely really disappointed and surprised, yes.

John Bracchitta: Okay. Do you think that your comments on wanting to marry your best friend may have come off the wrong way with him? Based on the show, he kind of seems fixated on that.

Jillian Harris: I'm not sure if it affected his decision or not. It seemed like it did. I still stand by my word. I have a lot of mentors in my life that have very successful marriages. And the key is marrying your best friend and I still stand by that. It's still what I'm looking for.

Of course, I understand there has to be more. There has to be a spark but just seeing how my family got through marriage and my grandparents and cousins and family and friends, that's what I'm looking for. So if he's looking for something different, then he made the right choice.

John Bracchitta: Okay, great. I'll check back in later.

Jillian Harris: Great. Thanks, John.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Adam Zarlengo with Yahoo TV. (Adam), your line is open.

Adam Zarlengo: Hey, Jillian, how are you?

Jillian Harris: I'm great, (Adam). How are you?

Adam Zarlengo: Good, thank you. It seemed like your relationship had started to progress from being great friends to more after that overnight date in New Zealand. Why do you think Jason never felt that it was going to go beyond being friends?

Jillian Harris: I think that's the million dollar question. I feel the same way. I felt like we had so many different levels that our relationship had reached from being friends to being great partners to really understanding each other. And then in New Zealand, we sort of reached that spark and that level that we were both looking for. So I'm not sure he thought it wasn't going to be there.

I mean there's all sorts of things that my friends and family have told me. You know, maybe he couldn't keep up with you or maybe you need somebody with a little bit more zest. Or maybe he really just didn't feel that spark and if that's the case, that's fair enough. But yeah, that's a million dollar question. If you could find out, call me back and let me know.

Adam Zarlengo: I will definitely. So what's next for you post-Bachelor? And would you do the Bachelorette if you were asked?

Jillian Harris: Well, post Bachelor is, for me, just getting back home and getting back to work. And you know, making sure that my friends and family know that I'm okay and thanking everybody for their support.

And as I said on the show, you know I've got a very positive life back here in Vancouver. And I'm a very grateful girl for everything that has happened to me - or woman I should say. So I think I'll just continue to do what I've been doing because it's made me happy.

In terms of me doing the Bachelorette, that's something I haven't thought too seriously about. Biggest thing for me is just putting myself in a position that I'm happy and healthy and hopefully that'll attract my prince charming.

Adam Zarlengo: Great, thank you, Jillian, appreciate it.

Jillian Harris: Thanks a lot.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line Lorilee Craker with Grand Rapids Press.

Lorilee Craker: Hi, Jillian. How are you?

Jillian Harris: I'm great Laura Lee. How are you?

Lorilee Craker: Good. Listen, I'm a Canadian girl too. I'm from Winnipeg.

Jillian Harris: Awesome. Great to talk to you.

Lorilee Craker: Yeah, I know, I was really - everyone kept talking about your accent and I'm like what accent?

Jillian Harris: I'm (unintelligible).

Lorilee Craker: Exactly "process" but anyway, now I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, actually.

Jillian Harris: Right.

Lorilee Craker: Which, as you might know, is Molly Malaney's hometown.

Jillian Harris: Yes.

Lorilee Craker: So, I guess my question is - my first question is what was your take on Molly and what did you - what kind of relationship did the two of you have?

Jillian Harris: Well, Molly and I - I became very, very good friends with Melissa and Naomi and a lot of girls in the house. You know, I think Molly is really what you see on TV. She is bright. She is funny. She is smart. You know, I would say that maybe in sharing emotions she's a little bit more reserved than I am.

And I saw that during the family day but that's not to say that that's right or wrong. I think to each their own and it sounds like she's got a great...

Lorilee Craker: Right.

Jillian Harris: You know, built a really great life for herself and good girl.

Lorilee Craker: Okay, all right.

Jillian Harris: Yeah.

Lorilee Craker: So and then I guess, my second question is how's - I mean obviously we've talked about how shocked you were and we were all shocked.

Jillian Harris: I know.

Lorilee Craker: ...to see you go. I mean I - you could have knocked me over with a feather but how has your dating life changed? Have you - I mean you're so beautiful and charming, I mean have you been flooded with offers from Vancouver guys?

Jillian Harris: That's funny. Well, thank you very much for the compliment first off. I have not been dating at all. I think it's just that a little bit overwhelming taking it all in and trying to get your head screwed on back straight and kind of figure out what happened back there.

Jillian Harris: And just keep - for me, I think I needed a little bit of time to get back to the headstrong Jill.

Jillian Harris: I've had a few calls for sure but nothing too crazy. Nothing that I can't handle yet.

Lorilee Craker: Good, well you know what? I think that this is going to lead you to the man of your dreams, and Jason was an idiot to let you go.

Jillian Harris: Thank you so much. Well, I really hope it does because I'm ready to share my life with somebody.

Lorilee Craker: All right. Well, God bless you, Jillian, okay?

Jillian Harris: Thank you so much. Good talking to you.

Lorilee Craker: All right.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Al Mellis with ******.

Al Mellis: Hi, Jillian.

Jillian Harris: Hey, sorry I missed your name.

Al Mellis: Al.

Jillian Harris: Oh, Al, how's it going?

Al Mellis: Pretty good. I'm actually from your part of the country, Peace River.

Jillian Harris: Oh wonderful.

Al Mellis: Yeah, I'm from Vancouver. I used to live up in Peace Valley.

Jillian Harris: Oh it's gorgeous. It's actually beautiful here today. The sun's shining. It's just gorgeous.

Al Mellis: Well, that's awesome.

Al Mellis: See the mountains obviously.

Jillian Harris: Yes.

Al Mellis: Jillian, I've got some easy questions for you to start off with.

Jillian Harris: (Unintelligible).

Al Mellis: What was it like for you during the meet and greet?

Jillian Harris: The meet and greet is obviously very overwhelming. I think it's so, you know built up all this excitement to what you signed up for and I think at the meet and greet it's the first sign of a very unique experience. The girls were all really great. I mean I'll say that over again and again.

I was blessed with how sweet the girls were to me the whole time. And the biggest thing that stood out in my mind during that meet and greet was just, you know, talking to Jason and grilling him on his hot dog toppings and realizing that I was actually attracted to this person.

Al Mellis: Now, I got a funny one. This was submitted by a fan.

Jillian Harris: Okay.

Al Mellis: They said, you seemed you to have formed some sort of bond with the host Chris Harrison. Please tell us that you were going to tell us a Chris Harrison goof up or something embarrassing for him to get back at telling the world that you didn't shave your legs when you got up on Jason's shoulders.

Jillian Harris: Oh my gosh. That was so funny when I actually - yeah that was hilarious. I don't have anything embarrassing to say about Chris Harrison, but I do have a funny story.

When we were in New Zealand, I heard that he was in the same little district as me. And I got up one day and went luging and Cathy, are you there? So, I just want to make sure that I'm able to say that.

Cathy Rehl: I'm sorry, I didn't.

Jillian Harrison: Okay.

Cathy Rehl: I didn't hear you. I'm sorry.

Jillian Harris: Okay. Just to make sure that it's okay to say this but I went luging and halfway down that hill I decided it would be a great time to put on lipstick and rolled my luge. And of course, Chris came flying around the corner. "Are you okay?" And I was laughing so hard, and we had such a good laugh about it.

So maybe that's why he really liked me cause he always caught me in my most embarrassing moment.

Al Mellis: (Unintelligible).

Jillian Harris: Yeah, I always had a good laugh about it. The shaving my legs thing was actually quite funny because I didn't realize until after I got off of Jason's shoulders that they weren't hairy, but they were just a bit prickly. So I actually approached Jason and said, "I know that you know that my legs are prickly. Just so you know."

And we all had a good laugh about it. And the girls were, of course, making fun of me, but it is what it is.

Al Mellis: Well, Jillian, I'll give the others a chance to ask some more questions and I'll get back to you and...

Jillian Harris: Okay, thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Al Mellis: You too.

Jillian Harris: Take care.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Debbie Chang with BuddyTV.

Debbie Chang: Hi, Jillian.

Jillian Harris: Hi, Debbie, how are you?

Debbie Chang: I'm good. I just wanted to say that you were one of my favorites. So I was really sad when you got eliminated.

Jillian Harris: Thank you. I know I was upset as well.

Debbie Chang: I - and I didn't catch your last name at the beginning of the call. Can you just repeat that?

Jillian Harris: My last name is Harris, H-A-R-R-I-S.

Debbie Chang: Okay, thanks. Okay, so here's my first question. So, you said in the episode that you were really beginning to fall in love with Jason. And now that you have some hindsight do you still think the same way?

Jillian Harris: I think naturally when you are rejected, for lack of better word, I try to find a reason why he would do, what he did or reasons why we might not have worked. It just sort of helps me cope.

And so, you know, I would say on a scale of one to ten, would he be a ten for what I'm looking for? Maybe not but out of all it, the men that I've dated in my life, he possessed the most qualities that I was looking for. And so I still love him, but I don't think I'm in love with him anymore.

I think that, you know you have to heal yourself and I'd wish the very best for him. And I think, you know, you just sort of have to get over it and move on. And it's like any other breakup and hope the best for the person.

Debbie Chang: And then how did you feel about Jason's concern that you might be too independent or too strong for him?

Jillian Harris: I guess it threw me back a little bit to hear him say that. And even to see it on TV. It's something that I always thought that was most attractive about me was that I worked so hard to pay my own bills and to support myself. And I did realize from watching the show that moving forward it's okay for me to let my guard down.

And it's okay for me to look for somebody that wants to take care of me. So I've learned a lot about myself during this adventure and that's one thing I have learned. But I am independent and I am strong and that's kind of the person I am. I just need to find somebody who's, maybe a little stronger than me and can handle it.

Debbie Chang: Okay, thank you so much.

Jillian Harris: No problem.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Monica Sotomayor with Flash News.

Monica Sotomayor: Hi, Jillian. Thanks for your time today.

Jillian Harris: Thanks, Monica.

Monica Sotomayor: So I know you're an interior designer and everything. So what was it like for you living in the Bachelor pad? I mean did you get any decorating ideas from living there or do you have any decorating tips for the Bachelor pad?

Jillian Harris: Oh, that's a great question. Actually, I am a restaurant designer.

Monica Sotomayor: Okay.

Jillian Harris: I specifically do more restaurants more than anything. I've never done residential but when I saw where I was going to be living I was floored. And I thought the mansion was absolutely beautiful, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was a dream living there. I definitely got a lot of ideas that's for sure.

Monica Sotomayor: Okay great, thanks so much.

Jillian Harris: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Lilly Rockwell with Austin American Statesmen.

Lilly Rockwell: Hi, Jillian. I'm a big fan of yours.

Jillian Harris: Oh, thank you so much.

Lilly Rockwell: Yeah, I really enjoyed watching you this season. We were all kind of rooting for you. So...

Jillian Harris: Thank you, I've been - people have been so wonderful. I don't think I would've gotten over everything so quickly if I didn't have all the support that I had.

Lilly Rockwell: Well, fingers crossed maybe you'll get to be the next Bachelorette but...

Jillian Harris: Oh right, yeah. You never know.

Lilly Rockwell: My question is this last episode there was a quite steamy little hot tub scene with you and Jason.

Lilly Rockwell: And I wanted to know what was it like to watch that hot tub scene back on TV and what was the reactions from your friends and family?

Jillian Harris: Well, apparently my dad just stared at the TV with his jaw open. When I watched it, I had a good laugh. I guess it's one of those things that in real life once you've gotten to that point in your relationship, that's probably what we all would be doing, but the difference here is there are cameras there. And it is now being shown to a lot of people. I don't know. I still don't really have any regrets. That was, you know, it happened and it was kind of funny to watch and it is what it is.

Lilly Rockwell: And a follow up question to that is when Jason decided not to give you a rose, he kind of said he felt like maybe you guys were more friends. And in light of, for the obvious chemistry you all have there in the hot tub, what do you think about him saying that?

Jillian Harris: Well, you know, like I've said before that's the million dollar question. I think when I watch it, there is a different part that he has with say Melissa between what we had and what Melissa had. I still think our relationship progressed similar to what it may have in real life.

So maybe he felt at that point in time that he wasn't as wrapped up in the idea of him and I but you know, I don't know why - I still felt like we had all those components to make it work. But you know, you never know. You can't never get into somebody's head and I wonder why they think differently.

Lilly Rockwell: Okay. Was there anything that surprised you from watching the show on TV?

Jillian Harris: I think the biggest thing that surprised me is while I was taping the show, I thought I had the cat in the bag and - but you still question about you know what relationship he has with the other girls. Aside from seeing how much chemistry he had with Melissa, I was actually surprised to see how well I really did seem to fit in his life. And how many things in common we did have and how much my fans and the general public thought I was a good match for him.

You know, at the time, you always question, you know am I good for him? And is he good for me? And when I watched it, I was surprised to see how good we actually did fit together and then he still let me go.

Lilly Rockwell: Thank you for your time.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Tom Rose with Fancast.com.

Tom Rose: Hello, Jillian.

Jillian Harris: Hi, how are you?

Tom Rose: I'm doing great. How are you today?

Jillian Harris: I'm great.

Tom Rose: Thanks a lot for talking with us.

Tom Rose: Hey listen, as far as hot dog theory goes, do you feel like you have to rework now? Or do you wish that Jason maybe had thrown some relish on there?

Jillian Harris: Oh, no actually I still stand by my theory. I think my theory is a little bit more complicated than I initially thought. But Jason might be having some hot dog topping denial. I think that he's - I don't think he's a sauerkraut. I don't think he's a bad guy but I think he's actually has a little bit of ketchup in him. And he's a little bit of a ketchup, mustard, and I need a little bit of a sauerkraut mustard.

If that makes sense, if you know the hot dog theory, you'll understand.

Tom Rose: I had never heard it before but I got very intrigued and did a lot of research on it afterwards. But it seems like you actually did - you were right.

Jillian Harris: I was right yeah.

Tom Rose: Now, as far as the fantasy suite. Can you tell us more about that? Did you spend the entire night with Jason?

Jillian Harris: Yeah, I did. Jason and I obviously had a great time in the hot tub. I've said before, Jason and I had great, great conversation and it was really great to have a lot of off-camera time with him. And to be able to chat about the things that we weren't able to chat about on camera.

I thought that that would have solidified things in his mind of whether I was the one or not based on those conversations and maybe it did. But it was - yeah it was great to have that time to be able to chat with him.

Tom Rose: That's great. Thanks a lot.

Jillian Harris: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of John Bracchitta with Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta: Hey, I'm back again.

Jillian Harris: Hey, John.

John Bracchitta: After you got eliminated, who do you feel's a better fit for Jason, Molly or Melissa?

Jillian Harris: I can see reasons why both girls would be great for him, and I can obviously see reasons why they both might not. Like I said before, me and Melissa became very close in the house and her and I always talked about if she did win, how fun it would be for us all to one day get together and have barbeques and laugh about it.

So, you know, a little selfish part inside of me hopes that it's Melissa, but the bottom line is now that I'm not the one, I really hope that Jason chooses the right person and that he's happy and, hopefully, we'll see him again.

John Bracchitta: Okay and then, you know you had said after your elimination that he had - Jason had broken your heart. And I know you kind of talked about it little bit before but could you just talk about what the first moment was where you realized how strongly you actually felt about him?

Jillian Harris: I think the moment I felt most strongly about Jason was when I brought him home to my family and I saw how excited my parents were to meet him. What you didn't see was how excited my parents were about Ty and they had a lot of questions about Ty and they had gifts for him.

And it was really wonderful to see how comfortable I was with Jason in front of my family and how well he fit in, and how much my grandma adored him. At that moment, for me, I saw him fitting in with my family perfectly, and that's when I think I fell for him hard.

John Bracchitta: Okay, great. Great, thanks a lot.

Operator: Your next question from the line of Al Mellis with ******.

Al Mellis: Hi, Jillian. It's Al again.

Jillian Harris: Hey, Al.

Al Mellis: I got a two-parter question for you.

Jillian Harris: Sure.

Al Mellis: Everybody that does a reality show has a scene they wish they had never made the air and they have a scene they wish had have made the air. What are you two?

Jillian Harris: See, that's a hard question to ask because there are a few scenes that I cringed at but there are a few scenes that I cringe at, but I'm a no regrets girl. So I probably wouldn't take anything back.

There's one thing that I wish wouldn't have aired was there was maybe a bit too much detail about my family history and I wish I would've considered my family a little bit more when I was, you know, divulging so much. But my family has been so supportive and my mother has just been an absolute inspiration as she is so strong. You know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

So you know, that would maybe be the only thing, but other than that, I have no regrets. As far as a scene that I wish they would've shown, I wish they would've - me and Jason had a really great conversation at the General Hospital date. That was never aired. And it was just a lot about family and friends and losses and children and about, you know, finding somebody that you can share your life.

And I was disappointed that that didn't make it to air because I thought it was just one of our best conversations.

Al Mellis: I got a - there's a follow up to that then.

Al Mellis: Everybody had been wondering where did Jason get this idea during the General Hospital scene that you were a really strong woman? It must've been in that conversation.

Jillian Harris: Well, what had happened that day actually is I think all the girls were - had a lot of anxiety with seeing him kiss other girls and I had had that wonderful conversation with them that I was just on top of the world. When we got to the restaurant, everybody was you know they were drinking quite a bit and we were having - starting to have a lot of fun.

But it was the first real sign that a lot of girls were getting a lot of anxiety about him and about the situation. Just because of the way I am, I have no problem breaking down as long as I know there's somebody else around that maybe can support me. But I think a lot of the girls were having a tough time with it that night, and you saw that Melissa cried and you saw that Naomi had a tough time with it.

And then we saw that scene with Lauren, you know, demanding the rose and Shannon crying. And so when Jason wasn't talking to the girls, I was telling the girls, you know it's okay and this is going to be tough. And I was one of the only ones who didn't cry. I think there was a few other girls who didn't cry and you know, I think I wanted to but I was just so overjoyed with my conversation and my day with Jason that I didn't feel the need to get emotional.

And I think he came up to me at one point and said, "You know are you okay?" And I said, "No, I'm fine. Things - you know everybody's having a tough time with it." So I think he just saw that I didn't get emotional that day and I think that's what he was referring to.

Al Mellis: Okay. One last question. Tell us something that we would surprised about, about the final two women.

Jillian Harris: Something that you would be surprised about the final two women.

Al Mellis: About Molly and...

Jillian Harris: Honestly, I think you guys got to know them as much as I did. I mean we - I keep on saying me and Melissa became excellent friends throughout it. I'll tell you something you'd be surprised. If Melissa was the winner, her and I would be friends and I would be a part of their life. That is a surprise. Other than that, you know I think they're both great, wonderful girls. And I wish them both happiness and I can't wait to see what happens.

Al Mellis: Cool. Well, thank you very much, Jillian, and if I can fit in another question, I will later...

Jillian Harris: Great wonderful.

Al Mellis: Okay, you have a good day now.

Jillian Harris: Thanks a lot.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Adam Zarlengo with Yahoo TV.

Adam Zarlengo: Hey again, Jillian.

Jillian Harris: Hey, Adam.

Adam Zarlengo: Was there a reason in your final video to Jason you didn't mention anything about falling in love or being in love with him?

Jillian Harris: I think that's part of me having my guard up. I mean I don't think anybody knows how tough it is to continually open up to somebody and to continually let them know how much you feel about them. And knowing that they can't really reciprocate those feelings or words back to you.

And so, you know, I'm used to being the one that's wooed. I'm used to being, you know, a guy telling me first that he loves me and I think it was just the anxiety of knowing that if I tell him I love him, he would break my heart, which ultimately happened. So I think I was just - I couldn't move that quick, and I was really worried that he didn't love me back which he didn't.

Adam Zarlengo: Yeah. You did a lot of cool stuff on the show from the Robin Thicke concert to the helicopter ride. What was the favorite thing for you that you got to do during The Bachelor?

Jillian Harris: Let me just think about this here for a second. I did the Robin Thicke day, oh definitely the Keep-A-Breast date. And that was actually one that I was a little bit nervous about because as everybody knows, I'm not that well endowed up there but I had so much fun and really helped me to take those walls down.

And I realized how important the women are in my life that have helped me shape who I am and to be able to do something for a greater cause. It put me out of my comfort zone but I had so much fun.

Adam Zarlengo: That's awesome. Thank you again, Jillian and best of luck.

Jillian Harris: Oh thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Tom Rose with Fancast.com.

Tom Rose: Hey, Jillian, back again. You had mentioned yourself that you see a lot of sparks flying between Melissa and Jason but you know, the show giving us some peeks at a monkey wrench being thrown by DeAnna Pappas showing up. Did you see her while you were there or did you interact with her at all?

Jillian Harris: I can't really comment on that but she hasn't been shown yet on any of the episodes that I've been in. So I think it's pretty safe to say that no I did not see her.

Tom Rose: Okay and then can you tell us about your story for getting on the show? How did you get on?

Jillian Harris: It was a funny story. I've been a huge fan of the show for years. I've always wondered how the girls can fall in love so quick, but at the same time, in the back of my mind I secretly wish for my fantasy fairytale ending. And one day during a Matt and Shayne season when Matt proposed to Shayne and of course, I had tears in my eyes. I said to my girlfriend, "I'm going to apply for this show."

And I really didn't say too much in my application. And they - I don't know what I said or what I did, but they called me right away and before I knew it, I was on a show and now talking to you.

Tom Rose: That's great. Thanks a lot.

Jillian Harris: Yeah, no problem.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Lauren Strupp with US Weekly.

Lauren Strupp: Hi, Jillian. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Jillian Harris: No problem, (Lauren).

Lauren Strupp: I just had a quick follow up to The Bachelorette question.

Lauren Strupp: Have you been approached at all for it?

Jillian Harris: I haven't been approached by it at all unless you want to count my mother as somebody who's asked me if I would do it. You know but of course my friends and family ask, you know would you do it? But nobody has officially asked me, no.

Lauren Strupp: And I know you said you weren't considering it too seriously but would you?

Jillian Harris: There's - I think there's some pros and cons. I guess the biggest thing is I always want to protect my family and I really am very serious about finding somebody. I guess it would be I would really have to think about it. I don't want to be really famous, and I don't really want to be an actress.

I pay my own bills. I guess what I'm trying to say is part of me wants to stop while I'm ahead. I think I did a great job at representing myself on this last little adventure, but the other part of me really does want to find somebody. And the other part of me thinks, you know Jill, you gave it a shot once now maybe your prince charming is just right around the corner.

So, I don't know. I really would have to think hard about it, and now I'm having all these questions asked to me. It's making me think about it more, but I'll have to wait and see if actually anything serious pops up. And if somebody asks me, I'll have to have a little conversation with my parents and see what the family says.

Lauren Strupp: All right, well thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of John Bracchitta of Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta: Hi, I'm back, Jillian. I had a few more questions.

Jillian Harris: Not a problem, John.

John Bracchitta: Could you talk about just your family a little in general? It just seemed like there were a bunch of characters in that house.

Jillian Harris: Oh my gosh. My family and I've always known how unique my family is but watching the show just melted my heart. We're all comedians. And we've realized in life that sometimes life isn't always easy and it isn't always exactly how you've planned, but how we've gotten through it is just humor.

And as you see my family is full of emotion. We don't mind crying. We don't mind laughing. And 100% we're always there for each other no matter. My grandma is one of my best friends. Her and I often - I'll go up to Colona and her and I will sit and play Yahtzee and drink Caesars all afternoon. And my dad will have to come and pick up the pieces and say, "Okay girls that's enough."

But yeah I've got a really, really outstanding family, and I'm just so lucky that I've got such great people behind me.

John Bracchitta: Okay and then you don't have to go into detail about anything except that you mentioned your mom and her past. What did - had you meant to bring that up or did that come after you wanted to explain more about your background and your character?

Jillian Harris: Yeah, I actually believe it or not was really excited to bring it up. I don't think my mom was as excited when she saw it air. But for me and I think my family realizes this now, believe it or not, I don't understand the stigma of you know what our family went through with being like dirty laundry or something that is a secret.

To me it's the same as somebody who's had cancer. And I more or less wanted to tell Jason not because it was a secret and it was something negative, but I think it was something that I was so proud that our family was able to go through something so profound and yet come out of it ahead. And I think speaks volumes about the character of our family and how I would deal with stress in a real life situation.

There's something about going through a storm or dealing with adversity and turning it into something positive that I think - I hoped that would've said something really positive to Jason about myself and my family.

John Bracchitta: Okay and then I had just another really quick question. Aside from - well, is there anyone that you thought was going to go further on the show, any of the bachelorettes who didn't?

Jillian Harris: Okay, let me just think about everybody. I really - one person I don't think got to show her true colors was Kari. And I think that she is just so gorgeous first of all. She's such a beautiful girl. She's so fit. She has such a good head on her shoulders.

And you know, without the cameras there she actually had a really great sense of humor and had a great personality but unfortunately, I don't think Jason got of the see that. That's somebody I was surprised that didn't go as far.

John Bracchitta: Okay. Well, great. Okay, thanks a lot and good luck with everything.

Jillian Harris: Oh, thanks a lot. Take care.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Carrie Bell with People Magazine.

Carrie Bell: Hey, Jillian.

Jillian Harris: Hi, what's that? I didn't hear Gary did I?

Carrie Bell: No, it's Carrie.

Jillian Harris: Oh Carrie. I'm like well, Gary, your voice is so high.

Carrie Bell: I'm so womanly. No, Carrie like the...

Jillian Harris: Hi, Carrie.

Carrie Bell: Okay. So I have a question for you which I know, you know, it's going to be a little hard for you to answer because it's kind of a futuristic question.

Carrie Bell: But you know, some information came out yesterday on a blog about The Bachelor and how you know, these two specials and you know, he asked Melissa but they dumped Melissa and he goes with Molly. And when you hear things like that do you kind of feel like, wow, thank God he didn't pick me? Do you think that Jason is capable because I mean no one's saying that's what happening or if that's true?

Do you think Jason is capable of that stuff and based on how close you became with Melissa and you just mentioned, I will be a part of her life. She will be my friend. How do you think, you know, how will you be a part of that recovery process if that's the case?

Jillian Harris: Right. Well, I mean I don't know very much about these rumors. And I've just been hearing. I don't have time, to be frank, to read a lot of the blogs.

Carrie Bell: Right.

Jillian Harris: But I did hear a little bit about it. I pray that that's not true. I think that I would have to wait and see and I hope that it's not true. And I don't think Jason is capable of that. If in fact it is true, then I would just go back and blame it on the fact that is a very unique situation and puts people in a really tough spot.

I hope it's not true, but if it is, I'll obvious stand by my friend 100% and also, you know, Jason and whoever else involved I think everybody just - I hope that they all find happiness whatever - even if there is a bump in the road and we'll just hopefully wait and see.

Carrie Bell: I see.

Jillian Harris: I still believe that he is a really genuine character that was truly looking for love. And whether or not it is true, I hope everybody respects his decision and hopefully turns out as planned.

Carrie Bell: Yeah, I mean it just really seems like to me, when I read that stuff yesterday I thought, well that doesn't really seem like him. I mean he has seemed to be, throughout the process very respectful almost of what the girls are going through and he'd been through it himself.

And you know, kind of what people are going through but then at the same time, he's also like you said he has made no bones about the fact that he is there to find a wife. He is there to find a stepmom for his kid, someone who fits in with his life.

And so, you know, it seems like it would be a very difficult situation. You know, there's all these people fighting for one person's attention and you know, he said I'm falling for three women. I didn't think it was possible. So it also makes sense that there could be a moment where you go, wait, maybe I made the wrong decision and you know, that kind of thing. It's definitely interesting. It'll be interesting to see.

Jillian Harris: Now that I'm kind of done and I've had a chance to regroup, I am really excited to see what the outcome is of my new friends including Jason.

Carrie Bell: Right.

Jillian Harris: And all I can say is I hope that everybody's happy, and I hope that the rumors aren't true. And if they are, I hope that everybody, you know, takes an opportunity to kind of see why and where and all the details. I can't say what, of course, I know nothing.

Carrie Bell: Okay. Wonderful. That's what I needed thank you.

Jillian Harris: Okay, thanks a lot.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Lilly Rockwell with Austin American Statesmen.

Lilly Rockwell: Hi, my first question is actually for Cathy sort of following up on what Carrie was bringing up. You know, the rumors on blogs that sort of thing, particularly one which I'm sure you're familiar with, Reality Steve. Does ABC have any sort of comment on these rumors and whether they're accurate or not?

Cathy Rehl: No, of course not. We have no comment. There's millions of rumors out there about what's happened and we're not going to comment on any of them. And we hope everybody tunes in to find out what actually happens. So no, we don't have any comment.

Lilly Rockwell: Okay. And then, Jillian, hi.

Jillian Harris: Hi.

Lilly Rockwell: I wanted to ask you. Do you and Jason ever get a chance to talk about sort of real world things like your careers and that sort of thing?

Jillian Harris: Actually, that was - there isn't a lot of time off-camera but it's funny because you guys see about five minutes of an eight-hour date but during those eight hours and the time that I spent with Jason.

That was a big topic for me and one thing I kept on reiterating to him was how important it was for me to ensure that if I did fall in love with him, I was falling in love with a Jason that I would know back in Seattle.

And I always joked and I always said, you know I just wish I would've met you in a pub in Seattle with peanuts on the floor because I think then, you know, he would've got the opportunity to see you know that I am strong. I am confident.

I am career woman but I'm also a homebody and I spend a lot of time gardening. And I spend a lot of time, you know outside and in nature and having dinner with my friends and I would've really loved for him to see that despite of all the things I tried selling him, for lack a better word, on me.

That I am a balanced person and I'm not that adventurous, but we did talk a lot about my career and how that would work and what he did for a living. One of my favorite conversations with him was we started talking about how he was painting his house or his fence and that led to a conversation of how much we loved Costco.

And before we know it, we started laughing and we said, oh my gosh, here we are talking about Costco memberships. And for me, that just felt real life. That just felt like something you would chat your potential boyfriend.

Lilly Rockwell: And one quick follow up. How difficult was it when you returned back home after filming to sort have to respond to strangers' questions and family's questions and friends' questions about what had happened?

Jillian Harris: I'm sorry could you repeat the question?

Lilly Rockwell: How difficult was it to respond to people's questions about what happened? Not being able to really reveal much.

Jillian Harris: That was actually been more difficult than I anticipated because I wear my heart on my sleeve. And as you guys have seen, I'm very open. I don't have much of a filter when it comes my feelings. And so it was really hard to, you know, put on a straight face and get back to work and tell everybody, oh you'll just have to wait and see. And try to say it with a smile. That was difficult but thankfully, I was able to open up a little bit to my mom and my cousin, (Torre). And they really supported me so much that it helped me sort of get through all those questions.

Lilly Rockwell: Okay, thank you so much for your time again.

Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Al Mellis ******.

Al Mellis: Hi, Jillian. I'm getting beat up by the girls in the office here.

Jillian Harris: Hey, Al, no problem. Tell them I said hi.

Al Mellis: They all wanted to know because they think you look so beautiful at all the rose ceremonies. Where you got your - where did you get your outfits?

Jillian Harris: I am thrifty shopper. My favorite store shop at in Vancouver is a local store that's owned locally called Aritzia. And I buy most of my staples from there and believe it or not, my second favorite place to shop is Target. And the always famous FOREVER 21 but I would say most of my dresses were, you know, I got some dresses - a few of them were Guess, Marciano. A few Forever 21 dresses and a few of them were from Aritzia.

Al Mellis: Okay. Well, the ladies at the office are already clapping.

Jillian Harris: Yeah and just tell them Target all the way.

Al Mellis: I'm going to ask a follow up question of all these tough conspiracy questions about Reality Steve.

Cathy Rehl: I really don't think she's going to be able to talk about it. I think she's said everything she's going to have to say about that.

Jillian Harris: Yeah, I don't really. I don't know anything.

Al Mellis: That's fair enough.

Al Mellis: That's fair. That's good.

Al Mellis: Anyhow, Jillian, you (unintelligible) all that sunshine today.

Jillian Harris: Thanks, guys. Okay, thanks a lot, take care.

Cathy Rehl: I'm going to call for some last questions please.

Operator: And you have no further questions.

Cathy Rehl: Okay great. So we've taken care of everybody. That's great. We will have a transcript up tomorrow of this and again, The Women Tell All is Monday night and you'll get a chance to see a lot of the women confront Jason and see what some of his answers were to those tough questions. And how the women get to relate to one another one last time.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=022009_07
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:31:44 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
From BuddyTV

The Bachelor 13: Team Melissa Vs. Team Molly

Can you believe it's almost time for the finale of The Bachelor? Jason Mesnick, the handsome single dad from the Pacific Northwest, has narrowed the field of 25 eligible women down to just two, Molly and Melissa.  We've watched each of them through this incredibly strange journey, from the first meet and greet, to hometown dates, and finally to spending the night in fantasy suites.

So, will it be Melissa, the 25-year-old sales representative from Dallas, or Molly, the 24-year-old department store buyer from Grand Rapids, Michigan?

You know what it's time for: a Team Melissa versus Team Molly face-off!

Who's more compatible with Jason? Read on, and you decide!

Team Melissa

From the moment she stepped out of the limo in the first episode of The Bachelor, Melissa stood out. Her mile-wide smile and positive attitude set her apart from the rest of the bachelorettes this season. Now she stands as one of the final two competing for Jason Mesnick's heart. Even as drama erupted between the women during the first few episodes, Melissa stayed out of it and kept her eye on the prize, taking every opportunity to connect with Jason. And it paid off—of the two remaining women, Melissa definitely has the strongest connection with The Bachelor. With the final episode coming up, it's up to Jason to pick the love of his life. Here's why he should (and will) pick Melissa, plus a few reasons why he might make a crazy mistake and not do so.

Pros:

Maternal Instinct. Melissa not only says that she's ready to be a step-mom, but she shows it. When she went to Jason's houseboat in Seattle, she found a note on the door telling her to make herself at home while Jason put Ty to bed. Melissa's “making herself at home” turned out to be cleaning up after father and son. She loves kids, and hopes to be a first-grade teacher. And kids love her--when she took Jason home to Dallas to meet her friends, their children gravitated toward Melissa. She even made Ty a box for his tooth fairy monies! If Jason's looking for a doting step-mom with extensive finger painting knowledge and summers off, Melissa's his gal.

Chemistry. We all know that Jason and Melissa can't keep their hands off each other. That's clear enough. Sexual chemistry is essential, but they have also formed an emotional connection, and their personal chemistry is evident in every conversation they have. From their first one-on-one date, they're all smiles when around each other. Unlike the other women, Melissa hasn't put a wall up, and always tells Jason when she feels upset or vulnerable. Even when tackling tough subjects like her problems with her parents, their connection seems effortless and safe. Which is probably part of the reason why they're always touching and mackin'.

Personality. First of all, she has one (Sorry, Molly, but I haven't seen much on your end). And, bonus: it's one that Jason has time and again said he finds very attractive. She's easygoing and flexible, which fits Jason's active lifestyle and adventurous philosophy. She's fun and enthusiastic, but not overbearing. It's clear that Jason likes to take the lead in the relationship, which makes him a good fit for Melissa, who is sweet and unassuming, and could use somebody strong to help rebuild her relationship self-esteem.

Cons:

he Parent Thing. So Melissa's parents were uncomfortable being on camera, so he hasn't met them, which was sad, but kind of a plus when you think about it. They didn't want such an important, intimate moment to be fabricated for entertainment value. When they meet Jason, they want to be themselves and “cherish the moment.” These sound like smart, genuine people to me—isn't that what you want in your in-laws?

The Cheerleader Thing. Melissa used to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, and it's easy for people to make assumptions about her priorities and maturity because of that title. Since getting to know her better, Jason has tossed out a bunch of misplaced notions he had about Melissa, but she's still 25, and in the way she carries herself can come across as rather naïve and innocent, despite what she says.

The Self-Confidence Thing. Over the course of the season, we've learned that everyone thinks Melissa is wonderful—except Melissa. Is she weak, or just humble? We all know at least one girl in our own lives who's like this: beautiful, fun, intelligent, and totally hard on herself. Some find it endearing, and others find it annoying. She's not assured of her own worth yet, and that may turn off the very confident Jason.

The "Dude, Don't Discount This" Wildcard: Melissa's a bikini model.

Team Molly

Molly has consistently been one of the first to receive roses from Jason at every Ceremony, and now she's vying for the single most important rose he'll give away. There's something special about Molly, more than the cameras can show, because the more he sees of her, Jason just "can't get enough" Molly. She's up for anything and clever--remember, she sang her way to his heart (and inside his tent) by making him laugh in the singing challenge. She's articulate, composed, and mature--much like Jason--and Molly finally let her guard down in the last episode in New Zealand, when she allowed Jason to see how much she loved him, and hence how vulnerable she really is. There's more than meets the eye with Molly. Now it's up to Jason to reveal what he sees in her. Here's why he should (and will) pick Molly, plus a few reasons why he might see they're not the perfect fit.

Pros:

Similar interests.  During Molly's hometown date in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the first place she took Jason to was the golf course.  They played a few rounds, wearing their uber-preppy golf gear, and they seemed completely at ease.  It looks like they were born to spend their free time out on the green, and according to what Jason told Molly's parents, his three-year-old Ty might soon be following in his old man's footsteps.  Then, when Jason sat down with Molly and her parents in their McMansion, what did they talk about?  Golf, of course.  I don't doubt that opposites attract at times, but in my experience, relationships are most often successful when the two parties share a mutual interest that they are both excited and passionate about.

Confidence and self-assuredness.  What I really like about Molly is that, unlike many other women on The Bachelor, she never seems to be seeking the approval of others.  She seems like a self-confident young woman who is happy with who she is.  She knows what makes her happy, and she's not afraid to go after it.  This is the kind of self-confidence that is crucial for a lasting relationship.

Physical compatibility.  During the Seattle group date, Jason Mesnick named Molly as the best kisser on the show.  It's unclear whether he was referring to all the women he were seeking his love, or just the three who were on the group date.  Either way, this is still high praise.  I don't think I need to point out how important chemistry and physical intimacy are for relationships to work.  Hell, I think sometimes the physical stuff is often the only thing that keeps people together.  Presumably, Jason knew that his camping date would involve an overnight component, and he chose Molly for this.  They obviously have fun together.

Cons:

Emotional stoicism.  Jason apparently needs an emotional woman to be his wife.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe he has this thing where he fantasizes about being the knight in shining armor to swoop in, dry the tears and save the day.  But Molly is definitely not emotional.  Even her explanation about why she keeps her guard up was not a very emotion-filled revelation.  This is certainly no criticism of Molly, but it may be a reason why Jason might not choose her.

Not ready for motherhood.  Molly has told Jason that she is ready to be a step-mother to Ty, but she is not really demonstrated any real desire to be a mom.  She is very young, only 24 years old, and I'm not sure that she quite grasps the reality of becoming a parental figure so early in her adulthood.

Bland personality.  It's really bewildering, frankly, how Molly even made it to the Final Two.  Perhaps she is a victim of editing, but I'm hard-pressed to remember any real moments she shared with Jason that made her stand out from the rest of the field.  OK, she did the Walk of Shame and she likes golf.  But other than that, there has been nothing that shows that she has a strong or unique personality.  (On the other hand, maybe this is the kind of woman Jason likes, so maybe this item should actually be in the pro list.)

The "Dude, Don't Discount This" Wildcard: She didn't bat an eyelash when asked to bungee jump in New Zealand. As Tyra would say: Fearlessness is fierce!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-13-team-melissa-v-26480.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »
REMINDER:

Remainder of the season schedule

TONIGHT, 2/23
Women Tells All 8-10pm EST

NEXT MONDAY 3/2
Season Finale 8-10pm EST
After the Final Rose, Part 1 10-11pm EST

NEXT TUESDAY 3/3
After the Final Rose, part 2 10-11pm EST

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
ty will i fell like this whole show tonight is not even worth watching..i mean deanna shows up can;t stand her false ending hate it..
jasone is just tatened in my eye right now. and i have not dvr several shows this season bc i was loveing the batchlor..do i wast my space and time ??? (:;) (:;) :jam: :jam:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2009, 12:01:28 PM »
The Bachelor
Women Tell All,
Really?

Tonight on 'The Bachelor' we will be treated to the return of all the rejected females from this season.  It is being advertised as 'The women tell all', all I have to say is REALLY?  With all the scuttlebutt surrounding this years bachelor Jason, we have to wonder if we will hear anything that clears it all up?

Trista and Ryan Sutter as well as Charlie O' Connell and Sarah Brice return to provide updates on their lives

It's an explosive reunion viewers won't want to miss, as the most memorable bachelorettes from this season, including Erika, Jillian, Megan, Naomi, Natalie, Nikki, Shannon and Stephanie, return to confront each other and Jason one last time on national television to dish the dirt and tell their side of the story.

Jason and Chris Harrison discuss the most dramatic on and off-air moments of the season, and Jason finally reveals what happened in that camping tent with Molly! Some of the bachelorettes will be put on the hot seat for a revealing question and answer session: A devastated and emotional Jillian reveals how truly in love she was with Jason and why she thought she was "the one." She has the opportunity to confront Jason for the first time since their trip to New Zealand about why he dealt her the "friend card." Passions run to a fever pitch between the women as they talk about what life was like in the mansion, competing for one handsome Bachelor. The discussion reaches a boiling point when the most abrasive woman - Megan - is confronted by the other ladies about d and emotional Jillian reveals how truly in love she was with Jason and why she thought she was "the one." She has the opporher "potty mouth," and Lauren reveals she was actually scared of her. But the single mom stands up to them all, defending her actions. And Natalie emotionally remembers her dramatic exit from the series after her one-on-one date with Jason in Las Vegas and her shock when she saw the aftermath of her departure, when the remaining women talked about her. The other bachelorettes provide some insight on why they were so glad that Jason sent Natalie home.

Jason discloses that the third time truly was the charm for him, revealing that he's extremely happy with his final choice, on "The Bachelor: The Women Tell All," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

http://www.******.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3349:the-bachelor-women-tell-all-really&catid=66:the-bachelor-2009&Itemid=59

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2009, 12:59:59 AM »
Chris' weekly blog:

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor': The Women Tell All

I had a really tough time trying to figure out how I was going to write this week's blog and what I should say to you. I'm in a bit of a tough position. As much as I would love to "Tell All," that's just not possible right now. But believe me when I tell you, that will happen in this space next week. As much as I'm sorry that some of you have somehow found a reason to doubt my integrity and honesty, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do about that. If something you've heard or seen from somebody you don't know has suddenly changed your opinion of me then is there really anything I could say or do that could change your mind anyway? I learned a long time ago (15 years of marriage) to pick my battles and this, my friends, is one I really don't care to fight. With that said, let me share a little something with you. The Bachelor producers have scripted and are responsible for certain events: the first moon landing, the end of the cold war, Astro-turf, and the Internet (sorry, Al Gore, it was us). But we are not responsible for, nor have we ever scripted, the ending of this show. Let me re-type this slowly so all of you can read this: We do not, and have not, decided the ending of any of our seasons. Let's be honest, if we did don't you think we would do a better job and have a much higher success rate? As much as we'd love to take credit, we didn't tell Trista to fall in love with Ryan, get married, and have two babies. We didn't script Charlie falling in love with Sara only to struggle as a couple battling an addiction and then persevere and now thrive as a happy couple. Nor did we tell Brad Womack to not pick anybody and just leave and go back to his life in Texas. These were all cases of good ol' fashioned human behavior and free choice.

I read in the comments that many of you are questioning my parenting skills and if I'm even fit to be a parent. First, let me say it took you all far too long to figure that out, but that's really between my kids and the therapist I'm sure they'll be visiting in about 20 years. Second, let me share a bit of wisdom I often share with my own kids. You are responsible for the choices you make in this life period, end of story. I would go into the story I tell about if Johnny jumped off a bridge would you...but I think you get the idea. I've always felt the genius behind the producing of this show is the environment we create. Now, what happens in that environment -- the decisions made, the things said, and done or left undone -- that is what is truly compelling. Those actions and decisions, and the fact that we love to watch it all unfold, is what drives this show. The beauty of what Mike Fleiss created is that this is not a game show nor is it a scripted soap opera. There's nothing waiting at the end of this show but the reality of the decisions the people on it have made. It sounds so simple and it is. That to me is why it's so damn good and also why all the other knock-off shows haven't worked. With all those knock-off shows there's a catch. With our show, all you get is the good, the bad, or in some cases the ugly of what is left after several weeks of life-altering decisions. I would be thrilled if every season our happy couples ran off in pure bliss, and got married, and had babies, but guess what, that just ain't the way it works in the real world.

I know I didn't really deal with the "Women Tell All" special that millions of you watched Monday night (thank you for that) but I felt like we had bigger fish to fry. I do love hosting the reunion specials but I think it was pretty self explanatory. I don't expect or really even want what I have written to solve all the mysteries and questions that surround this season. I will be back at some point next week to wrap things up I promise.

But let me leave you with one last nugget to chew on. I'm sitting in my house Saturday night on the eve of the Oscars writing this blog. We have not shot the second "After the Final Rose" special yet! I gotta be honest. It's going to be really hard to go back and edit a show we haven't even shot yet. Well, I'm sure some of my new friends out there will figure a way around that one. I would love to go on and on but I have to study up for the Oscar red carpet show and I also have to figure out how to explain to my kids that their daddy is a pimp...I loved that comment the most! See ya next week!

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/chris-harriso-3.html

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
ty  will for posting chris blog. i could tell befor the news broke there was a different tone to his last few blogs. and he him self said they had to tape the after thing on a closed set last night after the show, he said it was shocking and due to the ppl involved he wanted to b sensitive to others fellings..
i like chri and his blogs i think he is honest , jmo i don't think it was scripted, i think jason just could not make up his mind and wanted his cake and eat it too. i would have some seorous trust issues with jason if i were his gf.. again jmo..

i enjoyed the show last night the batch etts and batch at jessies was fun.

jmo jason is becomeing a ho in my book..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
The Bachelor Episode Recap: February 23, 2009

I wasn't sure whether to recap this week's women-tell-all episode, because it had kind of a potluck feel: Taking a break from the drama unfolding between Jason, Molly, and Melissa, the show looked back on some past seasons and the unbelievable (read: not unbelievable) antics that don't make it into this arc's regular episodes.

But sitting down to watch with my lovely fiancée, I once again found myself drawn in. And so, here's our recap. I can't apologize for the way it jumps between unrelated topics, because that's the kind of episode it was.

We start with some updates. Fred and Noelle, from past seasons, are dating. So are Holly and Jesse, who DeAnna dumped after choosing him last season on The Bachelorette. Charlie from Season 7 is again dating Sarah. They were together for two years, but then broke up, Sarah perhaps too bluntly explains, because of Charlie's drinking. They took a year off, and have been back together for a year. Charlie says he doesn't drink anymore and everyone applauds. This is weird, because contestants on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette seem to be drinking all the time. I'd wager that many couples wouldn't have gotten together, in fact, if not for all the free wine.

But moving on. We check in with Ryan and Trista who are still doing great. Trista's expecting a girl, and their son, who doesn't seem to be at the talking stage yet, has somehow managed to dictate a poem to his new sister vis-à-vis his dad. Trista thinks Jason should go for Melissa over Molly.

Although DeAnna, who dumped Jason on The Bachelorette before dumping Jesse, is supposed to turn up in Monday's finale, no one seems to take seriously the idea that Jason may end up with her.

We cut abruptly to Chris Harrison asking Jason a bunch of questions no one cares about to camouflage the ones we really want to know about, namely: Did Jason have sex with Molly on the camping date? Did he, as one commenter gently put it last week, take Molly, Jillian, and Melissa for "test drives" during their stays in the fantasy suite?

Jason tactfully says he and Molly were only alone together for three hours, prompting Chris to gleefully exclaim, "Three hours of sex is a lot!" Jason declines to go into details, and Chris uses the old "how many bases" technique, getting Jason to say he only got to first base.

Fiancée: Three hours of kissing is boring!

We cut kind of abruptly to all the women arriving to "tell all," also known as "audition to be the next season's Bachelorette."

Stephanie, the single mom whose husband has died, is a clear audience favorite both for her deep reservoir of personal strength and her general put-togetherness. She looks pretty happy and blows kisses to the crowd, seeming like the Bachelorette apparent until Jillian arrives to a semi-standing ovation.

"Jason is an incredible man. I hope he finds happiness. I hope I do too!" Stephanie says, broadly hinting that she might perhaps someday be willing to make some new attempt at finding love, if anyone can think of how she might go about that.

For the next half hour or so, the women squabble over who did and didn't get along in the house. Pretty much everyone thinks Natalie, who went on a Las Vegas date with Jason, is lame. Stephanie seems to be the most popular among the women — oops, sorry, women are called "girls" on the Bachelor, my bad — and at Chris' suggestion the girls give Stephanie a round of applause to show how much they love her.

Natalie, who got to wear a million dollars in jewelry on her Vegas date, says she doesn't usually wear jewelry.

Fiancée: This is so irrelevant. 

Natalie says she's always "been like the cute sporty girl who loves clothes."

Me: Oh, that girl.

Natalie shares her reaction to Jason not giving her a rose: "You don't feel a connection with me? Like who do you think you are, God? Everyone remembers an incident where Natalie got mad because she was splashed in a pool, and Natalie concedes this occurred. Chris tells her it doesn't seem like she went out of her way to avoid confrontation.

Fiancée: Do you think Chris thinks: I don't get paid enough for this? Or i get paid way too much?

Jillian says she loved Jason and brought him home to meet her family with the intention of marrying him.

Fiancée: Honestly, I would marry Chris Harrison in a heartbeat over Jason. The baseball analogy? Three hours? He's hilarious.

Me: But Chris is happily married. (Icy pause.) Just as we are happily engaged.

Fiancée: You know what they should do? Have Stephanie and Jillian be co-Bachelorettes. Stephanie's more mature and settled and Jillian's a firecracker. And then they could have fireside pow-wows before each rose ceremony to decide which guys to send home.

Me: Who would end up with a guy at the end?

Fiancée: They would both pick one. It would be like A Double Shot at Love but they wouldn't be bisexual twins.

The show runs a montage of believable unbelievable moments: contestants sniffing armpits, belching, doing gross stuff. Melissa running from a bee. Jason and Molly having trouble with umbrellas. Jillian losing her top. Jason losing control of his horse. (Producers: More of this next season, please! The horse stuff is gold.) Jason and Molly sitting in a bubble bath as the drain makes horrible sounds.

Finally, the show previews next week's dramatic choice — which Jason actually made some time ago. Jason tells Chris he is "extremely happy" with how things have turned out. We see more footage of Molly and Melissa, the same ten seconds of DeAnna's return we've been seeing all season, Jason running to a balcony in tears.

Fiancée: Let's see how they frame Molly and Melissa. The one who's the underdog, they're setting up to win. They're trying to dupe us.

Several minutes of Jason on Melissa. "Sweetest most beautiful most fun person I've ever met... I mean I can't get enough of her."

Then Jason on Molly: "I love being with Molly."

Cut to New Zealand. A lamb bounds across the screen.

Fiancée and me: Awwwww! A lamby!

We rewind and watch the lamby four times.

Me: So who seems like the underdog?

Fiancée: I don't know.

See you next week for what's supposed to be the most unbelievable conclusion ever.

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/bachelor/Bachelor-Recap-February-1003289.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
ABC Press Release:

SEASON FINALE

IT'S ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC AND DRAMATIC NIGHTS EVER ON ABC,
ON THE SEASON FINALE OF "THE BACHELOR," MONDAY, MARCH 2

Jason Makes His Momentous and Heartfelt Decision

DeAnna Pappas Pays a Surprise Visit to Jason That Impacts His Final Decision

And Immediately Following the Season Finale, the Story Comes to an Unexpected
and Shocking Conclusion on "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose"

"Episode 1308" - In this gripping special conclusion, Jason prepares to make one of the most difficult decisions of this life. With his search for love now narrowed down to Melissa and Molly, Jason brings his son, Ty, to New Zealand to meet the remaining two women. The bachelorettes are also introduced to his family. Finally, the women lay their hearts on the line, each trying to guarantee that she will be the one to get Jason's final rose. But the Bachelor is stunned when DeAnna, the woman who broke his heart, shows up in New Zealand to see him. In one of the most romantic and dramatic moments in "Bachelor" history, Jason makes a decision that will change his life forever, on the season finale of "The Bachelor," MONDAY, MARCH 2 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history, but no one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio for "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose." Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," MONDAY, MARCH 2 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET).

The handsome single dad hopes that by seeing each of the two remaining women with his son, Ty, now age four, he will see how they interact with him and offer a hint as to how the three of them would mesh as a future family.

The bachelorettes must also rise to the occasion with Jason's family - his parents, two brothers and his sister-in-law - as they confront both women with some serious questions. All of which is no surprise, as they are understandably concerned about Jason since his experience with DeAnna. But Jason has a touching heart-to-heart talk with his mother about how strong his feelings are for both women.

Jason takes Melissa for a sailing trip in the stunning Bay of Islands. Then, on one last intimate evening at her place, Melissa tells Jason that her parents are willing to talk to him over the phone and tries her best to make sure Jason knows how strongly she feels about him. Then Molly invites Jason to her place for a home-cooked meal and a massage - a preview of how great their married life would be. She opens up her heart, determined to show Jason the depth of her feelings.

And if Jason isn't confused enough about his feelings for Melissa and Molly, he is totally unprepared when DeAnna surprises him by visiting him in New Zealand. After their intense talk, Jason is more torn than ever. He considers the impact each woman would have on Ty's life, as well as his own. Will he risk getting his heart broken again? Or will he finally find the true love of his life?

The remaining two women are:

Melissa, 25, a sales representative from Dallas, TX
Molly, 24, a department store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=022409_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
The Bachelor: The Women Do Tell All!

With the final rose about to be handed out, it was time for, yes, The Bachelor’s Women Tell All special, the reunion show where past roommates have a chance to confront each other over mansion mishaps and meltdowns, grill Jason Mesnick and catch up with the show’s only success story, Trista and Ryan.

Tales of the Tape: The producers tried something new this year, having host Chris Harrison pre-tape interviews with Jason about the most memorable moments (the dead dove, Shannon’s snotty smooch attempt: “It wasn’t the right time to share any type of kiss but she went in for the kill”), funny bits (Naomi’s obsessive pit smelling) and unseen footage (Jason’s horse freakout and jacuzzi fart sounds). “What you did in that hot tub [with Jillian] almost consummated a marriage” Harrison quipped. He also asked hard-hitting questions, like what base Jason got to on the camping date with Molly? Jason claimed first base and added, ”In the tent.” The clarification, of course, made us assume he hit a homerun at a later date.

Familiar Faces: The cameras went to Vail for a hometown date with Trista and Ryan, the only couple from The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise to make it to the altar, and their 18-month-old son Max. News that Trista was with child broke a few months ago but she unveiled that baby No. 2 was a girl and that she was pulling for Melissa. 

Next, some of the gals from Matt Grant’s season have become friendly with the dude from Deanna Pappas’s season. The gals and guy meet in different destinations and apparently hit the bottle, hook up and have threesomes. Holly seemed like the top tart (and confirmed that she has taken jilted Jesse Csinksak of the market officially). We’re not quite sure why any of these contestants would volunteer for what came off as the ho highlight reel. That is, except for sweet innocents Fred and Noelle, who have been dating since last year’s Men Tell All special. “We are reality show rejects who found love,” Noelle quipped.

Gossip Girls: Back to the current crop of ladies, Stephanie and Jillian got the biggest welcomes from the audience, but Harrison quelled the positive vibe instantly by showing a montage of backstabbing, name-calling and bickering and then grilling the girls. Lauren tried to justify throwing Megan and Erica under the bus again and saintly Steph acted like she was above it all and instead focused on talking about how much she wants to meet a man.

First in the hot seat, Natalie, who claimed she didn’t want the borrowed baubles from her Vegas date because she doesn’t like jewelry (while both wrists were dripping in bracelets) and that she was oblivious to the problems the others had with her. Even the pageant girl was vehement about her dislike of Natalie and the variety of annoyed faces she made while watching her greatest hits cemented that Jason was right to let her go.

It was the complete opposite of the modesty and tears Jillian displayed during her one-on-one time, and it was obvious that Harrison was as stupefied as most fans that she didn’t reach the top two. Maybe it was her inadequate math skills. She revaluated Jason to be 70% mustard and 20% ketchup, leaving a mystery 10 percent. There was entirely too little of stalker Shannon so we wanted to pass on the love life update she gave us at the taping. “I’m back with my boyfriend of five years Ross,” Shannon said. “I know I will get a ring from him someday. We were separated when I applied [for the show]. The minute I left the rose ceremony and got my cell phone back, I turned it on and I called him from the limo and told him how I was feeling. We’ve been back together ever since.”

In the Hot Seat: As always, the Bachelor spent some time answering the questions of the rejected contestants. He wasn’t nervous because he “did my best” and “built a relationship with everybody.” Jillian was much more subdued and understanding than past third-place finishers. He tried to dog himself out, explaining that calling her the ultimate best friend wasn’t a bad thing.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/24/the-bachelor-the-women-do-tell-all/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2009, 01:15:36 AM »
Does 'The Bachelor''s Jason Mesnick Make a Choice?

Next Monday night, "The Bachelor"'s Jason Mesnick will make one of the most difficult decisions of his life!

Even before the season got underway, Jason revealed that he had found love. The question remains: Will it be brunette Melissa, a 25-year-old sales representative from Dallas, TX, or blonde Molly, a 24-year-old department store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI, to whom he professes his love?

Today, ABC released the following tease: "Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in 'Bachelor' history, but no one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio for 'The Bachelor: After the Final Rose.'"

The buzz on the Web is that Jason changes his mind -- and the woman he picks initially is not the woman he ends up with. But this is pure speculation at this point and fans will have to tune in to find out if that is what the shocker is.

It could also be connected to the surprise return of DeAnna Pappas, the woman who rejected Jason when she was "The Bachelorette," whose visit impacts Jason's final decision. After their conversation, Jason is more torn than ever.

Also on Monday night's episode, Melissa and Molly meet Jason's four-year-old son Ty, as well as his family.

The season finale of "The Bachelor" airs Monday, March 2 at 8 p.m., followed by "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" at 10 p.m. on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/71128/index.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 01:42:32 AM »
Chris Harrison: We have never decided the ending of 'The Bachelor'

The Bachelor host Chris Harrison is firing back at a blogger's recent allegations that ABC and the show's producers pre-determined and staged the heavily-hyped "shocking" ending that viewers will see during next week's broadcast of the show's season finale.

(SPOILER ALERT: Please stop reading this article immediately if you If you don't want to know anything about The Bachelor's potential ending)

"We are not responsible for, nor have we ever scripted, the ending of this show," Harrison wrote in a Tuesday posting on his Entertainment Weekly website blog.  "Let me re-type this slowly so all of you can read this: We do not, and have not, decided the ending of any of our seasons. Let's be honest, if we did don't you think we would do a better job and have a much higher success rate?"

Last Wednesday, Steve Carbone, a The Bachelor recap blogger who bills himself "Reality Steve," posted a blog entry in which he alleged that last fall's taping of Jason Mesnick's The Bachelor edition had -- as online spoiler sleuths had already suspected based on a season preview clip that seemed to show Mesnick proposing to a woman wearing a pinkie ring -- indeed ended with Mesnick proposing to Melissa Rycroft, whom the show had previously shown regularly wearing a pinkie ring.

But according to Carbone, Mesnick then allegedly dumped Rycroft and reunited with Molly Malaney, his other Final 2 bachelorette, during an "emergency" taping of the season's After the Final Rose special in January -- setting the stage for the recently announced (and unprecedented) After the Final Rose Part 2 special ABC will air the day after Monday night's broadcast of the show's season finale and initial After the Final Rose special.

However according to Carbone, the "shocking" break-up and reunion -- which by themselves, would certainly seem plausible enough given The Bachelor's poor matchmaking record and the short shelf life of some of the show's previous engagements -- were allegedly "fabricated" by ABC and the show's producers "from the beginning."

In addition to allegedly knowing "exactly what they were doing" with the release of the brief preview clip footage that appears to show Mesnick proposing to Rycroft, Carbone's blog entry -- which also included three nine-minute YouTube videos in which he verbally stated his claims -- also alleged that ABC and the show's producers had pre-arranged the "whole story" and "forced" Mesnick (who had allegedly wanted to propose to Malaney instead) to propose to Rycroft and later break-up with her.

"This was all set in motion from the very beginning that there would be a storyline of: If you want to be with Molly, then you have to pick Melissa. We will have a breakup on the [After the Final Rose special], where you'll dump Melissa, and say you want to start dating Molly," Carbone wrote in the blog entry that followed a couple of weeks of archaic "clues" -- one of which was "Montreal," a reference to "the famous WWF 'Montreal Screwjob'" -- in which he had teased readers that he had learned the season's ending.

"It's always been about Molly. Jason and Molly's connection was stronger than anyone elses in the house, everyone knew it, but they couldn't just play that the whole season because it wouldn't have been interesting," Carbone wrote.  "So they concocted a storyline of, 'Let him pick Melissa, and let us have a break up on the [After the Final Rose special], something we've never done before, AND have him start his relationship with Molly."

When asked about the claims on Thursday, an ABC spokesperson had stated that -- similar to all other The Bachelor rumors -- the network had no comment on Carbone's claims and urged viewers to "tune in to find out what actually happens."

However despite the claims' fairly incredulous nature and his failure to explain why Mesnick would have agreed to participate in such an alleged conspiracy, Carbone's allegations have subsequently continued to spread across the Internet and be absorbed by viewers desperate for any information about the show's secret ending, causing Harrison -- who stopped short of acknowledging he was specifically talking about Carbone -- to apparently feel the need to personally comment on them.

"As much as we'd love to take credit, we didn't tell Trista to fall in love with Ryan, get married, and have two babies," Harrison wrote.  "We didn't script Charlie falling in love with Sara only to struggle as a couple battling an addiction and then persevere and now thrive as a happy couple. Nor did we tell Brad Womack to not pick anybody and just leave and go back to his life in Texas. These were all cases of good ol' fashioned human behavior and free choice."

"I've always felt the genius behind the producing of this show is the environment we create. Now, what happens in that environment -- the decisions made, the things said, and done or left undone -- that is what is truly compelling," Harrison continued.  "Those actions and decisions, and the fact that we love to watch it all unfold, is what drives this show. The beauty of what [The Bachelor producer] Mike Fleiss created is that this is not a game show nor is it a scripted soap opera. There's nothing waiting at the end of this show but the reality of the decisions the people on it have made."

"We have not shot the second After the Final Rose special yet! I gotta be honest. It's going to be really hard to go back and edit a show we haven't even shot yet," Harrison wrote.  "Well, I'm sure some of my new friends out there will figure a way around that one."

Harrison -- who has been with The Bachelor since its first season and has hosted all seventeen seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette -- also seemed personally insulted that some viewers have immediately accepted the unsubstantiated allegations that if true, would likely be considered the biggest scandal in American reality TV history.

"As much as I'm sorry that some of you have somehow found a reason to doubt my integrity and honesty, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do about that," Harrison wrote. "If something you've heard or seen from somebody you don't know has suddenly changed your opinion of me then is there really anything I could say or do that could change your mind anyway?  I learned a long time ago (15 years of marriage) to pick my battles and this, my friends, is one I really don't care to fight."

According to an ABC press release released on Tuesday, Monday night's two-hour The Bachelor finale broadcast will end with "one of the most romantic and dramatic moments in Bachelor history" when "Jason makes a decision that will change his life forever."

Monday night's subsequent After the Final Rose special will then pick up after "Jason's proposal to the love of his life" and feature "Jason and the final two women return[ing] to the studio" for "the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/chris-harrison-we-have-never-decided-ending-of-the-bachelor-8500.php

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
thank you for the post will.. jmo i think that jason tells molly and mellisa he needs more time nad doesn't propose to eather of them and then wait till the after the rose thing to tell them who he pick's all though that would not explaine y he went on the talk shows proclaming he was engaged?? we no most all of this was taped befor jan so , i guess my thorie is way off. what do u think is going to happen???
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
Cover of Star 3/9/09 issue...see top left corner, lol

www.starmagazine.com
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:35:59 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »
wow good find!!! pm me details please.... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »
wow good find!!! pm me details please.... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I found the picture on the website and I do subscribe to the magazine but haven't gotten that issue yet. I will try to scan the article or type it when I get it.