Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 127318 times)

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »
Oh My Gosh!  :jumpy: I love this show! I love this bachelor! He is SO cute and I am already in love with this season. I hope that he finds someone awesome.
oXo Justine

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »
I don't follow the Bachelor but this was in next weeks tv guide

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
An interesting article:

The Bachelorette’s Jesse Csincsak Hits the Slopes With a New Gal Pal

The remedy for a broken engagement for The Bachelorette’s Jesse Csincsak? Hitting the slopes for a ski weekend with his fellow reality TV friends — and a new gal pal.

Although Csincsak, who split from Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas last November following a whirlwind courtship and engagement, admits to not being “really focused on dating,” he tells PEOPLE he has a newfound connection with another bachelorette: Holly Durst, a contestant on The Bachelor: London Calling, which featured Matt Grant.

“I have a great time with Holly,” says Csincsak. “We’re both from Ohio, we both have a lot in common, and I think that we both really enjoy hanging out with each other.”

In fact, Csincsak took Durst, along with other women from season 12’s The Bachelor and friends he made during The Bachelorette on a Breckinridge, Colo., ski weekend recently.

“It was awesome, man,” Csincsak says, “and it was cathartic. We all got to catch up, chit-chat about how things have been. It was cool, because we all had the same experience, and there’s nobody else out there that can understand what we went through except for the guys that were on the show.”

While a long-term relationship may be the last thing on the snowboarder’s mind, it was a definite love connection between Csincsak and his fellow “bachelors.”

“It was like we never left,” Csincsak says. “I love those guys, no matter whatever we’re doing — be it drinking beer, playing cards, skiing, snowboarding.”

And the subject of Pappas never popped up. “Believe it or not, we really didn’t talk about her,” Csincsak says of his former fiancée, “It was just a guys’ weekend, and we spent more time throwing the guys that didn’t show up under the bus then we did talking about her.”

Link to the article: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/01/21/the-bachelorettes-jesse-csincsak-hits-the-slopes-with-a-new-gal-pal/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »

THE NEXT TELECONFERENCE IS WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE KARI

ONE OF THREE BACHELORETTES ELIMINATED THIS WEEK ON THE BACHELOR

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
no wonderjessie looked so happy in those pic.. ty maragol...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:54 AM »
Announcement from ABC...

Thanks to a certain single dad, you won't be seeing a certain single woman on ABC for a while longer.

The network has decided to keep airing two-hour episodes of  The Bachelor for the rest of its run this winter, thanks to fairly decent ratings for this cycle. That means that Samantha Who?, which had been scheduled to return to ABC's Monday lineup next week, is for the moment homeless. The network says an announcement about the show's future -- which despite this development seems fairly solid -- will come in the next few days.

ABC's decision is a ratings-driven one, thanks to some gravity-defying numbers for current Bachelor Jason Mesnick. ABC has touted the appeal of the single dad, who was the final rejectee on The Bachelorette last summer, and it appears the network is right.

The audience for the show has grown in each of the past three weeks, starting with 8.7 million viewers for the Jan. 5 premiere, improving to 9.06 million the following week and hitting 9.9 million on Monday (Jan. 19) while winning all the key female demographics. Monday's improvement is all the more impressive considering the stiffer competition the show faced this week, with FOX's new House-24 lineup and new episodes of CBS' comedies.

By comparison, the most recent edition of The Bachelor, starring Londoner Matt Grant, and The Bachelorette both averaged 7.9 million viewers over their runs.

Samantha Who? had been doing reasonably well this year, averaging a little under 10 million viewers this week. But those numbers were mostly the result of airing after Dancing with the Stars; when it didn't have the reality hit as a lead-in, its audience dropped below 7 million viewers.

I have long since checked out of The Bachelor, but I understand ABC's decision from a business standpoint. Mondays from 8 to 10 p.m. may be the most competitive two hours in all of primetime now, so if I were running the network I wouldn't want to mess with a show that's growing week to week.

And if I were running the network, I think I'd have a way to get Samantha Who? back on the schedule sooner rather than later. It seems simple, and it's something I and more than a few of you have brought up in previous posts: Pair it with Scrubs on Tuesday nights.

The two shows have similar sensibilities and styles, and teaming them up would allow ABC to extend Scrubs' season further into the spring. If the network keeps running back-to-back episodes (as is currently the plan), the show's season will be over by March.

So why not, ABC? Putting these two shows on Tuesdays would create a pretty decent hour-long comedy block on the night, and could provide anchors for your new shows -- Better Off Ted, In the Motherhood and The Goode Family -- later this season. We look forward to your announcement (even if you don't take our advice).

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
An interesting article an interview with Kari:

The Bachelor 13: Conference Call with Kari

Kari Fajen, the 27-year-old advertising executive from Lee's Summit, Missouri, was one of the three women eliminated from The Bachelor this Monday. Today, Kari spoke with members of the press in a telephone conference call today to reflect on her experiences on the show.

Kari was left roseless after the Rose Ceremony on Monday night. In her exit interview, she said that she came to show to fall in love with Jason, but mused that perhaps things would have turned out differently if she had let herself be more open and flirty with Bachelor Jason Mesnick. If she got a chance to do it over again, “I think I would have been more creative [in selling myself],” she said, citing Jillian's hot dog theory as a creative way to get noticed.

Kari was one of the women selected to go on the big group date with Jason, in which they made casts of their torsos to raise money for the Keep Abreast Foundation. As she mentioned on the show, her step-sister Ginger had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and Kari was grateful for the opportunity to give back to an organization to help cancer patients. She reports that Ginger is in good health and is back at work.

Kari found that she had more of a chance to be herself on the group date because neither Natalie nor Lauren was there. “I was just intimidated by Natalie and Lauren because they are outgoing. I was a little bit more reserved,” she said, explaining that she is not accustomed to sharing a guy on a date.

Although there are some women on the show who seem to thrive on causing drama, Kari seemed to be a very stable, mature competitor who got along well with everybody. In the season premiere, when the women were asked to vote out one of their own, she voted for Erica because “she was kind of loud that night, and I thought, ‘I don't know if [she and Jason] would be good together.'” But she ended up becoming very close with Erica after getting to know her better.

She was surprised that Megan didn't get the boot as well in this week's episode of The Bachelor because of all the drama she was causing in the house, but Kari admits, “I definitely did see the connection [between Megan and Jason].”

Kari is back home now, working at her advertising firm and catching up with friends. Although she is back to her normal routine, she still plans to continue watching the rest of the season of The Bachelor. Now that she's out of the running, she's rooting for Stephanie to win. “She's a sweet girl, and she was my roommate on the show,” Kari said.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-13-conference-cal-25875.aspx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:21:58 PM by marigold »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
will ty also tell rob and trevor that.. they also do there live pod cast mon nights now and i for get every week bc i have so much tv to watch..and samath found a home i for get what night but i am dvring it..i got in on one chatt on the live pod cast and loved it

ROB AND TREVOR IF U LISTING MOVE TO ANOTHER NIGHT PLEASE... :'(
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »
Credit and thanks to TV grapevine
Sneak peek video of  1/26 Ep. 4

Bachelor Sneek Peek for Jan 26 - video powered by Metacafe
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:55:50 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2009, 03:13:22 AM »
Buffing up The Bachelor | Bellevue fitness studio helps Jason Mesnick get ready for TV show
By MAKS GOLDENSHTEYN
Bellevue Reporter Contributor
Jan 24 2009, 1:00 AM · NEW

Alex Wasserman, right, co-founder of Elite Fitness Training, assists Jason Mesnick of the TV program 'The Bachelor

Heartbroken no longer, Kirkland’s Jason Mesnick, the newest leading man on ABC’s “The Bachelor,” flew to Los Angeles last October hoping his latest go at TV romance could yield better results than the first.

Comments posted online by the show’s followers focus on more than Mesnick’s renewed belief in love - his new body.

As it turns out, that’s no coincidence.

The 32-year-old Mesnick sought to enhance has thin build just three months before filming for the 13th edition of the reality series would begin.

Dissatisfied with the gym membership he had, Mesnick turned to Bellevue’s Elite Fitness Training studio, located in Old Main.

“The gym he was at, you kind of get hounded,” Elite president and co-founder Dave Johnson said. “He’d go in the gym and he’s such a nice guy, he’d talk to everyone, but he couldn’t get a workout in. So he was going to give us a shot.”

Mesnick wanted washboard abs, a chiseled chest and arms that looked athletic, co-founder Alex Wasserman said, so Elite’s staff customized a one-on-one training program for Mesnick to make him look more athletic, not beefing him up too much.

Some days, Mesnick, an account executive in estate and legacy planning, would run stairs with weights on his back. Other days, he’d be doing sprint intervals on a bicycle, performing pushups or catching football patterns in a neighboring park.

“The more variation you put into a routine the quicker and the more your body will respond to it,” Wasserman said.

Mesnick’s diet was restricted to the basics: steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast, lean chicken breast and salads for lunch and no food past 7 p.m. at night. And he was urged to get plenty of sleep.

“You hear that stuff all the time,” Johnson said, “But that’s why you see a difference in his body. How many people go to the gym year in, year out, and look the same at the end of their gym membership as they started out?”

After working out five days a week, one or two hours at a time for 90 days, the once-skinny Mesnick trimmed 3 percent of his body fat while building lean muscle.

ABC’s producers wanted Mesnick to look the same at the end of the show as he did when it started, so they paid for Johnson and Wasserman’s plane tickets to and from L.A. throughout the filming process, rotating trainers to replicate Mesnick’s experiences inside the Elite studio.

Mesnick, meanwhile, hasn’t hesitated to show off the fruits of his labor. During episode three, two of the women vying for his affection decided to apply baby oil on his bare chest.

“You’re not going to get in that kind of shape,” Johnson said, “by having someone stand there counting while you’re doing bicep curls and then go for a jog afterwards. You have to do work.”

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »
A great article:

Our favorite Bachelor | The Reporter chats with Jason Mesnick and learns all (OK, not quite)
By CARRIE WOOD
Bellevue Reporter Contributor
Jan 15 2009, 1:51 PM · UPDATED

Sorry ladies, Jason Mesnick is engaged

Jason Mesnick has been asked about heartache before.

Heartache is what led the 32-year-old single father to be on ABCs "The Bachelorette" last season. In the final episode, he felt the pang again when DeAnna Pappas rejected his marriage proposal.

So when asked how he feels about being in love, Mesnick pauses.

"It's just the best thing in the world," he told the Reporter over the phone while on a trip to Los Angeles last week. "It's just more than I ever hoped for."

The local account executive recently returned as the program's leading man for "The Bachelor," which debuted Jan. 5.

The Reporter chatted with Mesnick about his life off the set as well as about his experience of finding his new love on the show.

Q: What do you do in your free time when you’re not surrounded by crazed fans?

A: You know, with Ty, he’s such a boy’s boy. Like right now he’s into race cars and Speedracer and all sorts of sports. He loves golf and he loves baseball and he loves football and he loves to wrestle. It’s all sports stuff with Ty.

Q: What neighborhood in Kirkland do you live in?

A: I live up by Evergreen Hospital.

Q: Can you tell us about your house?

A: Oh, I live in not a very big house. I mean, it might be 1,200 square feet, three bedrooms. It’s big enough for Ty and me to hang out and play. One of our pieces of furniture is a big bean bag instead of a couch.

Q: Where were you for the premiere of the show?

A: I was actually flying back from New York and I got home midway through the first episode. I got home and my younger brother and his girlfriend were watching it and I watched part of it with them.

Q: How would you describe the experience of watching the premiere.

A: It was just that one episode so far and to see me going through this experience and living that experience was just, I already said surreal, but it’s just crazy. I mean, it’s just so different because I watched it thinking, oh my gosh, this is my life and I think other people may have watched it like a TV show. But for me it wasn’t – it’s my life.

Q: What brought you to be on The Bachelor?

A: A friend of mine who I’ve known for 10 years and was in my wedding was on The Bachelor show maybe two years ago. I just remember turning on the TV and it was kind of midway through the season. I thought, you know what, I’d like to do something like that.

(Laughs) I mean I didn’t know that was going to be my future destiny at that point, but I sent an e-mail in and I said here’s my story and they called me back a year later.

Q: How long were you married?

A: We dated for five years and were married for three years. It’s part of my life experience. You know, I would never get married and think it was ever going to end and it wasn’t my choice for the marriage to end. But there’s a lot of things in life that are out of your control and you just have to deal with them.

Q: Did the ladies on the show get a chance to meet Ty?

A: I knew I couldn’t fully fall in love with somebody unless I saw Ty and them interact. So he only met the last couple of girls.

Q: How did those interactions influence your decision?

A: There’s no way I was going to introduce him to someone who I didn’t already think was going to be great with kids. It’s not like you need to be the most amazing teacher in the world or somebody who gives 100 percent of your time to kids at all times, but it needs to be somebody who likes kids, who wants to have kids, who’s had some experience with kids. I knew the two people who I introduced to Ty would be good with him, but I had to see it firsthand to really fall in love with them.

Q: How’s Ty been through the whole experience?

A: Ty knows the TV guys and that includes when he met Deanna last year and the couple of girls he met this year and that includes everybody who was so great to him when things were happening – an audio person putting something on his head so he can hear his own voice, a camera guy teaching him how to use a camera. And those are all TV guys to him and that’s what Ty remembers out of all of this.

Q: What was going through your mind as all these lovely ladies were getting out of the limo to meet you for the first time?

A: (Laughs). I just kept on thinking like how did I get here? How am I lucky enough to be standing here when so many people would love this opportunity? How did this really, truly happen to me.

But I think one thing was I wanted this experience to be as natural as possible. Like I didn’t plan on any conversations I was going to have with anybody, and that includes when 25 girls I had never met were getting out of limos and I just wanted it to be natural and see who’s comfortable right away or see who’s maybe a little nervous on camera and I could kind of help out a little bit. I just wanted everything to be natural and I remember the first girl who came out and the first thing I thought was oh my god, I can’t think of anything to say. But it went totally fine.

Q: What was the most challenging part of the season for you?

A: The final day, without a doubt. Yeah, that final day is the biggest roller coaster of emotions you could ever imagine. I’ve never dated more than one person at the same time and to fall in love with two people was … I mean, you talk about the happiness, the most heartache I’ve ever felt in such a short period of time.

Q: The most exciting?

A: Oh, going to New Zealand.

Q: In Web fan circles, fans were shocked when the premiere revealed that Deanna Pappas will be on the show. Can you tell us anything about that?

A: I can’t say a lot about that. I mean, Deanna does come back and I think everybody will be just as shocked as I was.

Q: How are fans responding to you?

A: Everybody is just so nice. Everybody is so kind, so generous. Last time, it was oh, are you OK? And now it’s, we’re so happy for you. So it’s been kind of a building block on both ends, but everybody’s been just so sweet.

Q: Through the entire process, you’ve been confident that you would find true love again. Have you?

A: Yes, I have. You know, I didn’t come here and do this for anything else than to find that person.

Q: Any wedding details?

A: No. We have not started talking about the wedding. We’re both adjusting to the show’s airing and adjusting to what things are going to be like now. We need to make sure that everything's going to move at the right pace for us.

Q: Will you remain in Kirkland?

A: Yeah, there's no way I'm moving away from the Kirkland area because that's where I am with Ty and I would never take him away from his mom.

Q: What would you tell other people or other single parents about your experience?

A: Keep your heart open. We've all been hurt in our lives, but that's what makes us real. That's what makes us human and lets us know that we're alive because if we don't have those feelings, then it's over. If we can keep ourselves open even though it's a horrible heartache, then there is happiness on the other side if we keep ourselves open to it and the rest of the emotions are just part of the journey.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JANUARY 22 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE KARI FAJEN

Your first question comes from the line of John Bracchitta with Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta:    Hey, how are you doing?

Kari Fajen:    Good. How are you doing?

John Bracchitta:    Pretty good. You had said on Monday's show that you thought you were going to be able to be more like yourself on the group date because the girls you were most threatened by -- Natalie and Lauren -- weren't going to be going on it.

Could you explain a little bit more about why you were threatened by them and not able to be yourself around them?

Kari Fajen:    Sure. I just think both Lauren and Natalie are very pretty girls and they're very outgoing, so I was just a little intimidated by them.

And when they were around, they dominated the conversations a little bit more so I was a little quieter.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And how did you feel you did on the group date? Were you able to be like yourself like you had said?

Kari Fajen:    A little bit more the second time around, but it still was different. I'm not used to going on a group date and sharing a guy. And so I was a little bit more reserved because of that.

Just fighting for the attention, usually I'm the one that has attention right away when you're just on a one-on-one date with a guy. So it was a little bit different situation than I've ever been in before.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And given that you were - you felt threatened by Natalie, is it safe to say that you felt more confident of your chances after learning she had been eliminated on that date?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, I would say that's safe to say. I think she's a great girl. She's a very pretty girl and so when I - when she left, I was kind of relieved. One less girl that I had to worry about.

John Bracchitta:    And when she was eliminated, the show showed a bunch of the girls dancing and celebrating, and all that. And there wasn't really much footage of you. How did you react?

Kari Fajen:    You know it was kind of a bittersweet situation. I was happy to see her go because that meant one of us would be staying that she left.

But again, I liked her and would've liked to see her come back to be able to hang with her a little bit more, too.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And after you were eliminated, you said that you had come on the show to fall in love with Jason and I think to be a step-mom to Ty, and have a family and move to Seattle.

Kari Fajen:    Right.

John Bracchitta:    So you were prepared to leave everything behind if you had won?

Kari Fajen:    I sure was. I, you know, had some time to think about it and make that decision. And it was a tough decision but, you know, if you find the man of your dreams I would definitely be willing to move to a different city and be a step-mom. And, you know, I wanted to make sure that I was ready to be a mom. I had to think about those things before I accepted and went on the show.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And how did you feel that you weren't able to go on a one-on-one date with Jason before you got eliminated? Did you think the lack of that played a role in your elimination or was it - do you think maybe the chemistry just was never there?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, I think so. I mean, I was disappointed that I didn't get a one-on-one date. I think I would've been able to be myself a little bit more if it was just me and him versus me and seven other girls.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And then I just had one more question and then I'll get away for awhile. How did you feel going into each of the rose ceremonies?

Like did you ever - were there any specific moments you were either confident that you would or would not be getting a rose?

Kari Fajen:    Each time I, you know, was a little bit nervous because I didn't know for sure. I knew that he was developing connections with the girls, and so every time I was nervous that I could be going home.

John Bracchitta:    Right, great. Thanks a lot. Good luck with everything.

Kari Fajen:    Thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Monica Sotomayor with Flash News.

Monica Sotomayor:    Hi Kari, thanks for your time today.

Kari Fajen:    Hi, how are you?

Monica Sotomayor:    I'm good, thanks. You mentioned that you were intimidated by some of the other girls but did the cameras play a part in the intimidation, too? I mean that's got to be pretty weird dating while on camera.

Kari Fajen:    Sure, of course they did. I - you know, I was a Chiefs cheerleader here in Kansas City so we did some shows and I was used to cameras, but definitely not used to having cameras around when I'm dating.

So it was intimidating at first. You know, after a couple days you don't necessarily get used to it, but you do get a little bit more comfortable.

Monica Sotomayor:    Yeah. So did that kind of play a part in you being more reserved on a date; like you weren't going to be as aggressive because you were on camera?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, I think so. I mean you have got to be cautious of everything that you're doing, and so I think I was a little bit more reserved, and not as laid back as I would've been if the cameras weren't around.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay. You also mentioned when you were leaving that, you know, you wish you could've been a little bit flirtier, worked on those things.

Have you been working on your flirting skills since the show or anything like that?

Kari Fajen:    Of course. Usually I am a pretty big flirt, but for some reason I think just with the other girls there and it was weird to see them flirt with the same guy that I was - would be flirting with. I think that's why I wasn't as flirtatious.

Monica Sotomayor:    And as an ad exec, you know, I'm sure you have to work on marketing campaigns, try to get people to, you know, like certain products.

If you could market yourself all over again on this show, maybe, you know, get Jason to really connect with you, what would you do differently?

Kari Fajen:    I think I just would've been a little bit more creative, maybe could've said or done some things that would stand out a little bit more in his mind, kind of like, you know, Jillian.

She did the hot dog thing. I think that was really cute and kind of had his eye right away.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay, so a better marketing campaign?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, exactly.

Monica Sotomayor:    Great. Thanks a lot, Kari.

Kari Fajen:    You're welcome.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Aaron Barnhart with Kansas City Star.

Aaron Barnhart:    Hi Kari.

Kari Fajen:    Hi.

Aaron Barnhart:    So - hi. So, I take it from your last answer you're back in town?

Kari Fajen:    Yes.

Aaron Barnhart:    Okay. Since the show is done, tell me what you've been doing since the show finished taping.

Kari Fajen:    Sure. Just basically working here at my advertising company and kind of just getting back into the grind, catching up with some friends that I missed while I was out; and back to the normal routine really.

Aaron Barnhart:    Has the TV show done anything to your dating or social life in any way so far?

Kari Fajen:    No, not really yet. You know, when I go out and hang out in Kansas City, people do come up and recognize me.

And it's - you know, you want to make sure now that, you know, I'm finding a guy that's not wanting to date me because I was on the show, but wants to date me for who I am. So I've just been a little (unintelligible) right now.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah. Where did you audition for the show?

Kari Fajen:    I auditioned at Trolley's here in Overland Park, Kansas. They had an open casting call. And Aaron Buerge, I think he was from Season 2, he was there.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah, yeah Aaron; the owner of Trolley's, former Bachelor.

Kari Fajen:    Former Bachelor, yes.

Aaron Barnhart:    So a previous question - I asked about this but - a little bit. But, you know, when you watch on TV it always seems like until you get down to the, you know, the last chicks even if they've done a one-on-one date it always seems like a bit of a crap shoot which one is going to get the rose and which one isn't.

Was that your impression, too, now that you've been through it; it's like there's no rhyme or reason as to why some women get the rose and some don't?

Kari Fajen:    You know, I think obviously there's some things that you guys don't see with the show that was done, but you can kind of tell girls he's feeling connections with.

And obviously you don't know, especially with this large a number, who all is going to get one and who is not.

But you do have some that you're like 'oh, I know she's definitely getting a rose.' You know, I could see the chemistry and the kind of flirting going on.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah. And you weren't getting any of that connection?

Kari Fajen:    You know, a little bit but not as much, and I think that was just because I was a little bit more reserved than I normally am when I was on the show.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah. It's just that's what we're - that's why people like us from America because we're more reserved.

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, exactly. Friendly - you know, I was - I liked all the girls and I tried to stay away from any of the cattiness. And, you know, I find - basically I try to find common ground when I stay with all the girls, something that I liked about all of them.

They may not have necessarily been my best friends, you know, outside of the show but when you're on there you just find something - like I really liked - you know, Natalie liked to shop and I like to shop so that was something we shared.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah. Was there anybody there that you didn't - weren't able to get past their cattiness?

Kari Fajen:    No, not really. I mean, you know, even though I think America kind of sees Megan sometimes in a bad light. And I think, you know, she's a really sweet girl, too.

We had really good conversations and had deep conversations. So like I said, I just kind of tried to find the good in everybody that was on the show.

Aaron Barnhart:    Wow. Yeah that - if you hit it off with Megan, that's a pretty good sign.

Kari Fajen:    I kind of call myself a chameleon sometimes. I just try to get along with everybody and, you know, that's kind of my goal. I think Kansas City thing too, as well for the most part.

Aaron Barnhart:    Yeah that's the thing that really hit me about this season in particular, the viciousness of - at least as it has been depicted on camera, the viciousness of the show. It just seems to be at all-time highs this season.

It - do you almost feel that if you got on a different season of The Bachelor you might've had better luck?

Kari Fajen:    You never know. I mean it all depends on your combination of the 25 girls. You know, everyone has got different personalities and you're always going to have personalities that conflict, especially when you're all liking the same guy.

So I think you kind of see the claws come out and different shows have been different depending on what girls are on the show, and how they (split). So I - you know, you never know.

Aaron Barnhart:    Last question: any future plans? Are you just - are you happy at the firm right now? Are you just letting it all sort of settle in and saying maybe in three, six, nine months I'll think over my next move?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, that's kind of what I'm doing, just kind of settling back in a routine and just kind of taking it from there at this point. So, hopefully finding the man of my dreams one of these days, too.

Aaron Barnhart:    And I don't know if you said this anywhere, can you say where you work?

Kari Fajen:    I work at PlattForm Advertising.

Aaron Barnhart:    PlattForm Advertising? Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Tom Rose with Fancast.com.

Tom Rose:    Hello Kari.

Kari Fajen:    Hello.

Tom Rose:    How are you doing?

Kari Fajen:    I'm doing great. How are you doing?

Tom Rose:    I'm doing well. Thanks for talking with us today.

Kari Fajen:    No problem.

Tom Rose:    You sound like you're adjusted back at home.

Kari Fajen:    Yes, I am. It took a couple weeks to get back into the routine, but I think I'm finally back and getting to work, and all that fun stuff.

Tom Rose:    What was the reaction like, you know, first of all watching yourself on television and then, also, from your family and friends to see the evolution of your character arc?

Kari Fajen:    Sure. You know, it's definitely - sometimes I have to pinch myself. It's weird to see yourself on TV and I'm like, is that really me?

But it's kind of neat, too; something that, you know, I'm going to have a - never had an opportunity like that in a lifetime. So I enjoyed it.

And my friends and family, and co-workers, they were really supportive and I think that, you know, my character is - was true of who I really am with high integrity, you know, just being friendly. And so I was really glad of that outcome.

Tom Rose:    Were you able to keep the secret or did everyone basically know that you hadn't, you know, made it all the way through?

Kari Fajen:    I was able to keep the secret. People would try to ask lots of questions and, you know, I would just say you have to watch and see.

Tom Rose:    That's great.

Kari Fajen:    Yeah.

Tom Rose:    Now what about your feelings for Jason? How did they evolve and where did they get to? How did you feel when you were leaving there? Did you feel closer to him? Were you more attracted?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, I mean obviously the first night I think it's kind of hard to kind of have that instant, you know, attractiveness to each other.

But you're also very nervous, you know, stepping out of the limo and kind of a little bit out of your element.

And, you know, I'm a little bit slower a person. I like to take my relationships slow and do friendships, and develop it that way.

But I think we were at a friendship level. He's a very nice, you know, caring and giving guy. But I didn't get to know him, you know, on an intimate level.

Tom Rose:    Okay. Now as far as - let me focus on your group date here.

Kari Fajen:    Sure.

Tom Rose:    How did you feel when you - when it was revealed to you that there was a group there - you know, the nature of the date was going to be about; with the Keep-A-Breast Foundation?

Kari Fajen:    You know, I was really excited. As I stated on the show my stepsister, Ginger, was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, last Christmas.

Tom Rose:    Right.

Kari Fajen:    And she's just a role model to me, a very strong woman and I look up to her a lot. And she's so positive. And so when I found out that I got to do that and I would get to kind of put back into something for her, I was really excited.

Tom Rose:    How is she doing now?

Kari Fajen:    She's doing great! She passed it and she's back into work. And just like I said, she's an amazing person.

I've never had anyone go through something like that just so positive. And she just kind of made light of the situation, so it was good to see that.

Tom Rose:    And I see that the bust is up on eBay with the Keep-A-Breast Foundation.

Kari Fajen:    Yes, it sure is.

Tom Rose:    You know, and they are trying to auction it off. When I look at the design that is on there, what is the significance of your design?

Kari Fajen:    Sure, well I'm not very artistic so I definitely tried my best. But I did a heart and I put rhinestones around the heart.

The rhinestones are just because I like glam and glitz. And being a Chiefs cheerleader we did a lot of rhinestones, so that's kind of what that represents.

And then I did little rays of sunshine coming out from the heart. And then I wrote - you can't really tell on the auction, but I wrote Ginger's name on the side. Basically, the design was for her.

Tom Rose:    Okay. Well that's very noble and we're hoping that it works out well...

Tom Rose:    ...for this - for your bust as well as all of them. It's such a great cause.

Kari Fajen:    Yeah, because it is a great cause and, you know, it's a little different than Susan G. and they're trying to - you know, preventive.

And so I'm hoping that they can - they're kind of more out in California right now and I'm hoping they kind of spread throughout - you know, maybe come to Kansas City and the east coast as well.

Tom Rose:    Now are you continuing to watch the show? Do you have either a prediction or someone that you would like to see Jason end up with?

Kari Fajen:    Yeah. I'm definitely going to continue watching the show because, as you know, I don't know what happens from the point that I left. And I'm kind of rooting for Stephanie. I think she is a sweet girl. She was my roommate on the show and I got to know her, and see pictures of her daughter. And so I'm kind of rooting for her.

Tom Rose:    Yeah that would be really - sort of like a real Brady Bunch in real life event.

Kari Fajen:    Yeah it would, definitely.

Tom Rose:    Starting one anyway.

Kari Fajen:    Yeah. They have a good...

Tom Rose:    Well that's great. Well thanks for talking with us today.

Kari Fajen:    No problem.

Tom Rose:    Appreciate it, thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of John Bracchitta with Reality TV World.

John Bracchitta:    Hi, I just had a few more questions for you.

Kari Fajen:    Sure, go for it.

John Bracchitta:    On that first week when it came to that twist, did you ever see or think that something like that would be coming where you would have to vote someone out, or one of the other girls out?

Kari Fajen:    No, I didn't imagine that at all and I was quite shocked. I think my expression showed that on the show as well.

But, you know, you - I didn't know the girls for maybe a couple hours and then I'm having to put someone's name in a box.

And kind of the way I felt about it was, you know, I didn't want to send somebody home if Jason is - the show was about him and if he had a connection with somebody, that was a hard decision because at the time we thought, you know, they were going home.

John Bracchitta:    And when you were talking with Jason about that you said that you wanted to vote for a girl who wasn't there for the wrong reasons. Could you say who you ended up voting for?

Kari Fajen:    I think so. Am I okay to say that?

Cathy Rehl:    Sure, you can say that.

Kari Fajen:    Okay, sure. I voted for Erica. And it was just at the time I actually - she was also another one of my roommates and I ended up loving her to death and told her that I voted for her.

But I just - she was kind of loud that night, and I thought, 'oh. I don't know if those two would be good together.' So that was kind of my gut reaction at the time.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And was there anything that you wanted to see on the show that didn't make it onto the program?

Kari Fajen:    You know, I obviously got to talk to Jason and have a little bit of time with him that, you know, didn't really show and a lot of people said did you even say one thing to him? And I'm like, yes.

So I would've probably have liked that we actually did have a little bit of one-on-one time together during the group dates. But that didn't air.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. Did you ever get to tell him about the breast cancer with your sister-in-law, was it?

Kari Fajen:    Yes, I did.

John Bracchitta:    Okay.

Kari Fajen:    I told him how much I appreciated that he did something like that for us, and that it was, you know, a charity event and that we got to do that.

John Bracchitta:    And aside from yourself of course, is there anyone you were surprised who did or didn't get a rose when you were eliminated?

Kari Fajen:    You know, yes and no. I was a little surprised that night that Megan didn't go home just because of a little bit of the drama that was going on in the house.

But I did see the connection with Megan and Jason so, you know, it was one of those things like you know, I was - is she going to go home? Is she not?

And he kept her, but I think he definitely had feeling like attraction towards her so that's why he kept her.

John Bracchitta:    Okay. And then you kind of touched on it before briefly, but are you dating anyone right now?

Kari Fajen:    No, I'm not actually. Just - my exit aired on Monday and I'm just kind of taking it slow and seeing how it plays out. I haven't found the guy yet.

John Bracchitta:    All right. Well great. Thanks again for everything. Good luck.

Operator:    Again ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to ask a question that's star 1 on your telephone keypad. Your next question comes from the line of Monica Sotomayor with Flash News.

Monica Sotomayor:    Kari, I had a quick follow-up for you.

Monica Sotomayor:    You mentioned earlier that it was really awkward just competing for a man - you know, competing for his attention and everything.

Is there ever another time where you remember competing for a guy, maybe it was like friends as a teenager or anything like that?

Kari Fajen:    Really, I'm usually the one that plays kind of hard to get and, you know, the guy is calling me and asking me for dates. And, you know, so this was different where I was kind of trying to get his attention.

And I'm also that type of friend where, you know, if a friend of mine likes a guy and she's really into him, you know, maybe I had feelings - you know, wanted to go for it, too - I kind of let them go for it because it's not worth losing a friendship over, especially if it's a really good friend of mine.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay.

Kari Fajen:    I haven't really had that situation. You know, with the Kansas City Chiefs cheerleaders, I've definitely been around lots of girls -- 40 women at once -- and, you know, we always think some guy is cute, but we've never really competed over the same guy.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay perfect. Thank you.

This Monday is our date that includes our General Hospital date which will be very interesting.

And as you might know, from now on the show will be two hours long so it will be 8:00 to 10:00 every week.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »
An interesting article:  :res:

DeAnna Pappas on Upcoming Bachelor Appearance: It’ll Be ‘Worth the Wait’

Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas didn’t get her fairy-tale ending after enduring two seasons on the reality dating show, but that hasn’t stopped her from helping other frazzled brides-to-be plan their big day as the host of Get Married, a wedding advice show that airs every weekday on Lifetime. In a recent phone interview from Atlanta, where she lives and tapes the series, the 27-year-old chatted about, yes, weddings, hinted at why she and ex Jesse Csincsak called it quits and talked about her much-anticipated visit to The Bachelor pad now inhabited by her Bachelorette runner-up Jason Mesnick.

Tell us about your new co-hosting gig on Get Married?
It is the bride’s guide to getting married…from finding the right dress and invitations to writing vows, picking a cake and planning the honeymoon. The show handles broad topics and refers viewers to the site GetMarried.com where they can find local vendors and even more tips. My co-host Colin Cowie and I also have blogs on the site. Me, I just talk about everyday life and my ongoing quest for love.

Why did you want to host this show?
When the opportunity came about I was engaged, and when the president of the company contacted me in Colorado, I thought I could learn something [for my wedding] and follow my TV hosting dream. I flew back home to Atlanta and met with her. It is a very close-knit family, a comfortable setting and I really liked their goal of helping brides and grooms.

What do you say to people who question your credibility as a host of a wedding program?
I have very thick skin but negative comments would get anybody down. I still very much want to fall in love, get married and have my own family. My beliefs and wants and needs haven’t changed. I am still the same person even though I am no longer engaged. Colin is not engaged or getting married and the last two hosts weren’t either.  There is so much focus on me because I was that girl who went on two reality shows to find love and it didn’t work out.

Do you still believe in happily ever after?
I still believe in happily ever after. None of my past relationship have worked out for a reason, but I believe those people have come into my life to lead me to the next person and maybe that next person is the one I am meant to go to the altar with.

We have heard a lot from Jesse about your breakup. Can you give us your side of the story?
Life moves on. He’s in another relationship. It’s been three months now and I’m pretty much over dealing with the breakup. Everyone handles it differently and sometimes when people are hurt and mad, they say things they didn’t mean. Hopefully one day people will be sorry for the false accusations and mean things that they have said, often on the Internet. Although I did choose to put myself out there on national TV, there are things I believe should be kept private and out of respect for me and Jesse. We realized that we were two totally different people who wanted totally different things and we lived our lives in totally different ways and it was never gonna work. I loved him sincerely, but it would not have worked in the long run.

Do you guys keep in touch? Any chance for reconciliation?
Nope. No chance of us getting back together for sure by now.

What did you think when you saw your Bachelorette runner-up Jason was chosen as the next Bachelor?
I was very happy for Jason. We talked a lot before we went on. I told him it would be one of the best experiences of his life and that he would form many wonderful friendships and fall in love. I warned him that it is wonderful and hard at the same time.

We know from upcoming clips that you make an appearance on The Bachelor. Can you give us a preview?
The burning question. Unfortunately everyone will just have to watch and see what I am doing there. It will be worth the wait. The women were not that happy to see me, I can tell you that.

We heard you say something about a mistake in the trailer. Do you regret not choosing Jason?
I have no idea what you are talking about [said sheepishly].

Link to the article: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/01/26/deanna-pappas-on-upcoming-bachelor-appearance-itll-be-worth-the-wait/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
God, just from reading that article about DeAnna makes me hate her even more. I can tell she is lying through her teeth and my opinion of her still hasn't changed....she is still a cold-hearted selfish bitch that only craves attention and cares only about herself and seeks fame and fortune at the cost of others. I dread the episode when she visits Jason. I am tempted to fast forward that scene but of course I will not do that as I want to know exactly what is said between those two, LOL!

I mean, she dumped Jesse at the baggage claim section at the airport when he went to pick her up from visiting her family and she dropped the bomb right there that she doesn't love him. She barely got off the plane and did that to him, not like she waited until they got home or something, it's obvious she couldn't wait to break up with him, know what I mean?

I love Jason and he's an awesome guy and I thank God everyday the bitch didn't pick him last May cuz he would have gotten dumped eventually. Not only that, he's doing an awesome job on the current season of the Bachelor!   

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »
will i totaly agree and i did not even read the artical.. love jason and glade she did not pick him. i am soooo sry for jessy he is so sweet also.. maby he will b or next batchlor he would b great, he has a great personality...oh but i think u mentioned he has a gf all ready?
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2009, 01:23:36 AM »
Chris Harrison's weekly blog post:

You have spoken and ABC has listened (Sorry, Probst, I borrowed your line). Thanks to your overwhelming response to this year's show (and, I think, this blog) the entire season will be 2-hour episodes. Thank you! As has become the norm around here, I'm going to deal with some comments before we dive into this week's episode. First of all, Heather, thank you for "drinking the Chris Harrison Kool-Aid." I hope it tastes like a really nice Cabernet. We have a producer and camera crew around the house most of the time. Not 24/7 but pretty close, just in case something "Dramatic" happens. Some of you are trying to find the best place to nominate somebody for the next Bachelor. Go to Bachelor.ABC.com, and I hope to see all of you at the next rose ceremony. By the way someone asked why I say that. It's because it's my hope that I will see them again, but I know that some will not be back. The time between rose ceremonies is different from week to week depending on the dates and travel time involved. Sometimes we don't need a week if the dates are local and easy to set up, but if we're traveling to hometowns or exotics we obviously need more time. I told you the first rose ceremony goes all night. The ceremonies that follow usually get shorter and shorter, but they still go pretty late into the night or, more correctly, early morning. Again, thank you for all of your comments and keep them coming as I know you will have plenty to say after this week's shocking episode.

This episode started with something that I always love: making the men or women sing in public. Most of the girls, like the guys last season, just went for it and had fun, but let's talk about a few of them. Nikki has control issues and it was really hard for her to do this. We made that apparent but still didn't have time to show you just how freaked out she was by this task. I honestly thought there was no way she'd get up there, and it took everybody in the house to convince her to do so. I was actually proud of her for facing her fear. Stephanie and the opera, what can I say other than, did you really expect anything else from her? This whole thing was perfect for Lauren. She's a songwriter and whipped out that amazing song in half an hour. But the ironic thing is she hates to sing in front of people, so even though the song came easy, she had a tough time performing. I have to admit though, when I heard her song I thought she was going into "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper.

Molly got the rose for "best performance" and went to Jason's house for the one-on-one date. A side note about Molly and her love of fast food, which she alluded to in her song. She was so desperate to get McDonald's, she would beg the producers to bring her some everyday. We did give in and bring her some McD's. That really was the house Jason stayed in and as I've said before, it's about a half mile up the road from the girls' house. It's this really cool house that sits on a bluff and overlooks the valley and the mountains. The grass they were sitting on is actually Astro Turf put in by the owner. I loved this date since it gave us another Bachelor first. The first ever Bachelor walk of shame home in the morning in his clothes. The looks and reactions from the other women were priceless. Melissa summed it up best when she said sadly she "smells like him and is wearing his pants."

This led to the group date from hell (at least it was for Jason). The date to the set of General Hospital was fun, and the ladies were very excited about it. They didn't get the script until moments before they walked on set and Jason didn't even get to see who was doing what. The stage manager on the set at General Hospital was a great guy named Paul Danner. Paul actually works for us as our stage manager. He's a former Army Ranger, and I hang with him a lot when we're on the road. This sets up a story I'll tell all of you in an upcoming episode (that's what we call a teaser in the biz). So the women were having a good time until everybody started making out with Jason. Then all hell broke loose. Pretty much everybody was crying later that night at the club. We didn't have time to show you just how upset Naomi was. At one point, she ran to the bathroom and balled her eyes out; she was a real mess. All the girls were very emotional. I talked to Jason after the date and he was exhausted. He said every time he turned around somebody else was crying and upset. A couple thoughts on specific women on this date: Megan actually played it cool trying to stay above the emotional mess. Lauren was way too forward (more on this later). Ladies, I'm sure all of you know this, but don't tell a man "you can't let me go." One more personal hygiene/dating note, and this goes for guys and girls. Don't blow your nose, pick it, and then go in for a kiss. And if you do, don't be so shocked when the other person rejects you.

The two-on-one date with Nikki and Stephanie was the toughest we have ever had. This was just a brutal date for producers and Jason. Both women were well liked, and we knew it was going to be very difficult for Jason to decide which one to send home. This was the first time the women back home didn't have a good idea of who wouldn't be returning home. They usually know each other even better than the bachelor does but this time they were truly split down the middle as to what was going to happen. Jason had such a tough time with this decision that we had to stop production for almost an hour while he tried to figure out what he was going to do. In the end, he sent Nikki home and kept Stephanie. Nikki handled it so well, I was very impressed. Did you all notice the grace with which Steph handled the situation? You can tell she's a very graceful, poised, and classy woman.

The cocktail party was short but was interesting. Lauren finished hanging herself by challenging Jason even more than she already had. I understand her strategy, many men liked to be challenged (I'm one of them). But there's a difference between challenging someone and just being a little cocky or pushy. Lauren crossed that line, and it really turned Jason off. I still don't understand how that conversation between them ended up in a kiss. As usual we shot deliberation room with Jason and me. It was good but it also revealed what was to come in the rose ceremony and we wanted to save that surprise for the end. This is when Jason made it clear he didn't want to give out that final rose just to be giving it out. He's been through this and giving a rose just to lead a woman on for another week isn't fair to him, the women getting the rose, or the other women he really does want to spend more time with. In the end Lauren, Shannon, and Megan went home. I know it's still early in the season, but the award for best exit interview goes to Shannon. "I'm going to get my electric toothbrush and give my puppy French kisses."

Next week we are off to Jason's hometown of Seattle. In fact, we spend the next two weeks in Seattle. Trust me when I tell you this is just getting started. One final note on an amazing and historical week: I was among the two million people in the mall in D.C. last Tuesday braving the freezing temperatures to witness history. I don't care what your political views are or who you voted for, it was one of those times to set it all aside and take in a moment that will be remembered for a lifetime. I'll see you next week and very soon I will be commenting on how and why I say "This is your final rose tonight." Until then, go French kiss your pet!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2009, 02:26:08 AM »
Chris's blog pretty much recapped the episode so no need for me to do one here.

As you know, instead of the normal 9 down to 6, it's down to 5 now as Jason didn't hand out the last rose. Lauren, Megan, Nikki and Shannon were sent home.

The final five bachelorettes are Jillian, Melissa, Molly, Naomi & Stephanie.

They go to Seattle next week.

Five become four next week!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »
Jason's weekly blog with People magazine:

Bachelor Jason Talks About Withholding the Final Rose

Jason Mesnick talks about the fourth episode of The Bachelor, where he was serenaded, got ready for his close-up and withheld the evening’s final rose.

No woman has ever written me a love song, so I liked seeing who could really have fun with it. I know firsthand how nerve-wracking that can be. But thankfully, the best path to my heart is through humor; I mean how serious can you be when you only have 30 minutes to write a love song with cameras covering you?

My date with Molly was a blast. I’m not sure everyone understands her love for fast food, but we spent the first part of the night decorating our own fast-food wrappers; it was right up her alley. You should know that even though Molly and I camped out, it was so innocent. We spent the entire night talking. And as for her wearing my clothes home, it was really just out of convenience. She certainly wasn’t trying to make anyone uncomfortable.

The best part of the group dates is seeing how the girls interact with and treat each other. It’s so important to me that the person I am with gets along with people. Even though this is a very unique way of meeting someone, you still need to treat everyone with respect. If you can’t do it here, you definitely won’t do it in your real life.

The toughest thing about group dates is making sure you are paying equal attention to everyone. I wanted everyone to know that I was giving myself an open opportunity to get to know them and them to know me. But it’s not easy when you have so many people on a date.

Let me say I am the furthest thing from an actor. (In all honesty, I just had to look up what SAG (Screen Actors Guild) is). In fact, I think last night proved that I might be the worst actor of all time! There was no prep for the kissing scenes at the General Hospital set. I had to just had to roll with it, and use a lot of breath mints!

It’s very easy for me to empathize with the women as they are feeling different emotions. I’ve been in their shoes, and I try to help as much as I can. Years ago, I even considered becoming a therapist. The person I end up with needs to be both my friend and my lover.

The two-on-one date was one of the most difficult dates — period. I wish you could have been in my head that night. Both girls are incredible, and I truly wanted to keep seeing both of them and hated having to break one heart to keep another.

The rose ceremonies get tougher each week as emotions grow stronger. This one was different because I made the decision to not give out the final rose. In my heart, I realized that I would not be with Shannon, Megan or Lauren forever. I could not give out the final rose because I felt like I would have not been living the truth. It would have just been leading one of them on and that is not something I was ever going to do.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
Pictures of Jason's ex-wife, Hilary Madison Wynn

Links....

Modeling pics

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=710983

Jason & Hilary's wedding pics

http://celebgalz.com/the-bachelorette-contestant-jason-mesniks-first-wedding-photos/

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2009, 10:33:19 AM »
ty ty for the pic and the blogs post will.. my favs r still in the house. jmo but i think stephine is to macanical i don't no how to put it ??
i realy hope he ends up with eather the girl he camed out with or i think it is jillian i am so bad with names...
also jmo i think his x looks like a cross between the 2 i like ..lol she is realy pretty..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
From abc.com

WITH HOMETOWN DATES LOOMING, JASON TRIES TO DISCOVER THE BACHELORETTES' TRUE FEELINGS FOR HIM, INVITING THE FINAL FIVE WOMEN TO HIS HOMETOWN OF SEATTLE, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2

"Episode 1305" - The pressure is really on, as Jason struggles to decide which four women he'll escort home to meet their families. But first, a surprise visit to the Bachelor's hometown of Seattle awaits the five remaining bachelorettes - a chance to check out their potential future home. Jason takes one woman on a romantic one-on-one date on a houseboat and escorts three of the bachelorettes on a ferry ride around Seattle and then to a revealing live radio interview. On the final crucial individual date, the handsome single dad chooses one of the ladies to take a fanciful flight on a seaplane over Seattle before sharing some intimate alone time together. However, Jason has more surprises in store for the women and breaks the rules at the rose ceremony to come to his difficult decision, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

After a brief reunion with his son, Ty, Jason welcomes the women to Seattle. The lucky woman, who receives the one-on-one date card, is delighted that Jason will show her his hometown in style. However, Jason's parental duties take precedence when Ty needs him at home and he must make a last minute change in plans.

The next day, three of the bachelorettes meet Jason on the deck of a ferry for a sunset cruise around Puget Sound. The Bachelor offers some special alone time to one of the ladies to join him in the captain's quarters to steer the boat and steal a kiss. But Jason seeks some outside help with his decision, taking the group to KISS-FM to be interviewed on one of the top-rated radio shows in Seattle. The Bachelor enlists the help of the two local DJs, Jackie and Bender, a married couple, to get some frank advice on love, marriage and intimacy. They quiz Jason and the women on love and romance and even set up a kissing contest - much to the shock of the other two women listening back at the hotel. Jason rewards the three women with a wonderful late night meal, attempting to have an honest talk with one bachelorette about their relationship. He pulls another woman aside for a romantic walk by the bay.

On a picturesque seaplane ride over Seattle, Jason points out to the fortunate woman who gets the last one-on-date the highlights of the city she might one day call home. The bachelorette also demonstrates her more adventurous side as she races Jason to the top of a giant climbing wall, where they share a mid-air kiss. Later she opens up to him about her family and her feelings for him. A "hot" fireside snuggle ends the evening.

Still unsure of his decision, Jason pays a surprise visit to the ladies' hotel and pulls one woman aside for a heart-to-heart talk. Then at the rose ceremony, Jason breaks the rules and seeks out another bachelorette for a final talk. In the end, he must narrow the field to just four women - the four who will invite him into their families' homes - while one woman leaves in one of the most emotional rose ceremonies ever.

The five women are:
Jillian, 29, an interior designer from Peace River, Alberta, Canada
Melissa, 25, a sales representative from Dallas, TX
Molly, 24, a department store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI
Naomi, 24, a flight attendant from Carlsbad, CA
Stephanie, 34, a single mom (daughter, Sophia, age four) and a medical marketing representative from Huntsville, AL

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »

The Bachelor Update:

The next teleconference call is with eliminated bachelorette Meagan one of four women eliminated this week

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »

I am so glad Jason eliminated Shannon the openly admitting stalker she is sooooo creepy and just not for him  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
An interesting article from the NY POST:  :res: ... soooo not looking forward to this episode

'BACHELOR' BOOM

DEANNA TALKS ABOUT APPEAL OF HER CASTOFF - SINGLE DAD JASON

SINGLE dad Jason Mesnick, star of "The Bachelor," is the reason the show is so popular again, says former "Bachelorette" troublemaker Deanna Pappas.

"It's pretty hard not to love him," Pappas told The Post yesterday. "He's a wonderful guy with a wonderful son, and he deserves to be happy.

"He has everything that every woman would want."

Pappas famously ditched "nice guy" Mesnick to get engaged to "snowboarder dude" Jesse Csincsak during last year's "Bachelorette" season finale.

Pappas then publicly dumped Csnincsak last fall by breaking the news to reporters - but not to him.

Both are now dating other people from reality shows. Pappas is allegedly shacking up with "Real World: Paris" star Ace Amerson, while Csnincsak is dating former "Bachelor" castoff Holly Durst.

ABC has been hyping Pappas' upcoming return to "The Bachelor" (officials flatly refused to say exactly when), and she was tight-lipped about what transpired when she came face-to-face with Mesnick again.

She should watch her back, though, since the show's fans have fallen in love with Mesnick.

Since he was cast as the heart of the show, "The Bachelor's" once-anemic ratings have flourished. So far this season, the show has averaged 9.9 million viewers, up from 7.7 million last year - a 29 percent increase.

"Clearly, from knowing Jason and being in a relationship with him - and I'm still very good friends with him - I can honestly say that he's a wonderful guy, and I think that people see that," Pappas says.

"They know that he's a genuine person, [that] he's a great family man and I honestly think people just see the good in him."

Does she have any regrets about the way things turned out?

"Well, I'm not sure yet. Talk to me in a couple of months," she says.

Meanwhile, Pappas has landed a job as the co-host of Lifetime's "Get Married" (7:30 a.m. weekdays), a show which helps women plan their weddings.

"I'm not trying to play a wedding expert," she says. "I'm more of, like, the bride's best friend. Clearly, I was engaged a few months ago, and I was in the process of planning a wedding, so I do have that little bit of experience.

"I've been in plenty of weddings," she says, "which is me saying, 'I'm always the bridesmaid, never the bride.' "

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:08 PM »
I just want to strangle that bitch! I'm so sick of hearing about her...it's all about getting attention.

ABC is making her say those things, just to hype up the drama. Speculation has it that she visits Jason on the final episode prior to the final rose ceremony in New Zealand. Go figure....it's just a publicity stunt, that's all. She only visits him to have a talk with him, nothing else. Of course, ABC wants us to think otherwise for dramatic purposes. I dread seeing her on The Bachelor and hope it will be the last time I ever see her! She needs to crawl under a rock and die! That is how much I hate her! I have absolutely ZERO respect for her.