Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 127317 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »
more...

Jillian

Julie

Kari

Lauren

Lisa

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »
more...

Megan

Melissa

Molly

Naomi

Natalie

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 03:27:04 PM »
more...

Nicole

Nikki

Raquel

Renee

Shannon

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
last five...

Sharon

Shelby

Stacia

Stephanie

Treasure

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 07:02:38 PM »
An interesting article:

Jason Mesnick dishes about his upcoming 'The Bachelor' journey

Although The Bachelor's thirteenth-season premiere is more than two weeks away, Jason Mesnick said he decided to spill the beans about being engaged because it was something he didn't want to try and keep secret.

"How could I hold something like that back?  When I'm as happy as I am and I feel as transparent as I am -- and there's only certain things obviously I can say with the show not even starting yet --  I just said this is me, and I'm so excited and so happy that I want everybody to know it," Mesnick told reporters during a Wednesday conference call. 

"If people are going to ask me the same question over and over again, there's no way I could hold that back."

Mesnick, a 32-year-old divorced father from Seattle, WA who was rejected by DeAnna Pappas on this past summer's edition of The Bachelorette, recently revealed he got engaged on the reality dating series' thirteenth edition, which finished taping right before Thanksgiving.

"I have to say she's amazing.  I can't say anything else," he told reporters.

Mesnick isn't the first The Bachelor star to gush about the woman he chooses, however he is trying to become the first to actually walk down the aisle with her.  He added that having appeared as a suitor on The Bachelorette helped him come to the understanding that the show does work.

"I knew I fell in love with DeAnna; I knew it was possible," said Mesnick. 

"I just knew that -- regardless of anyone who was watching this -- I just knew it was real.  I mean a real love experience for me.  I think it's one of those things that you've got to experience to really, truly know," he said.  "If that didn't happen to me the first time, there's no way I would have done it before.  I'm sure there's people that go on and have this experience but leave really early on and don't really get to know the full feeling of it."

In addition, Mesnick said that Pappas had a majority of the qualities he was looking for in a potential wife -- except for one.

"What I also learned through that experience is that the person that I need to be with has to have been through kind of their own experience in life to know that she's ready for a family," he explained to Reality TV World.  "It's already [my son] Ty and I; I've already got a family."

Mesnick elaborated that Ty "already has a mother" and he's looking for the woman he selected via The Bachelor to fill a different role.

"I was thinking I'm not looking for a mom for Ty.  I'm looking for somebody that could be a partner for me, that can be a mentor for him with more authority," said Mesnick.

"When I say a parent, I mean of course I want to have more kids.  With that being said, I'm going to have more kids with the person that I've chosen -- we'll have a family, we'll have more kids -- and obviously my expectations with that are that we're going to be parents together."

Despite the large part that Ty plays in his life, Mesnick said his son actually has only a small on-screen role in The Bachelor.

"He plays a very small part in the show," he told reporters.  "I think you'll see that early on, if you see him, it's him and I -- just him and I."

Still, Mesnick hinted that when Ty does make an appearance it will be significant.

"I've said this once before, I just knew there was no way I could truly fall in love with somebody unless they saw my son," he said.

Not surprisingly, Mesnick said it "wasn't an easy decision" for him to star in The Bachelor -- and his son was the main reason why.

"It was the same kind of question that went through my mind the first time going on The Bachelorette -- how would this impact Tyler," he said.  "That was my first question, and I talked to a therapist and I talked to his pediatrician.  They said, 'He's going to be fine and you're probably going to be more impacted by the fact that you're not going to see him as much as you typically do.'  I just said I'm not going to go more than a week without seeing him.  I just can't do that."

Mesnick said the producers were accommodating when it came to allowing him to spend time with his son.

"He was around when he needed to be and went home and saw his mom when he needed to," added Mesnick, who added his family also had some concerns about his own The Bachelor participation.

"They just don't want to see me hurt again, and that started with going through a divorce and then the public thing with DeAnna. But they trust me."

The Bachelor's thirteenth season, which premieres January 5, will begin with Mesnick moving into a Los Angeles bachelor pad and meeting his 25 suitors, which included four single mothers. 

"Honestly it doesn't make a difference either way," Mesnick told reporters about the casting decision.  "I think that I would hope people would view me as a person and not just as a single dad.  So to me -- going into it -- I had no expectations really as to who was going to be there.  But it didn't surprise me that there were single mothers.  But it didn't make me think one way or the other, whether they were a mom or not."

Mesnick said he also had sympathy for the 24 women who ended up getting eliminated from the reality dating show.

"It has nothing to do with my experience on The Bachelorette necessarily, but I think I'm one of those people that no matter what I do in life I don't want to hurt anybody," he explained.  "I think before I say anything and definitely the hardest thing I ever had to do was reject women.  It didn't happen a lot in my regular life because I've had long-term relationships, but going through that [on The Bachelor] it was absolutely horrible having to do that."

Mesnick added that starring in The Bachelor was also more difficult than competing on The Bachelorette.

"It's way tougher being the bachelor -- way, way tougher," he said.  "I wouldn't change that experience for the world and I'm actually glad that I was able to go through both of them because going through The Bachelorette, I learned a lot about myself.  Going through The Bachelor, I was really able to reinforce myself and be proud for who I was."

Another thing Mesnick learned going through The Bachelor was that Pappas and The Bachelorette fourth-season winner Jesse Csincsak decided to call it quits on their engagement.

"When that all happened I was busy filming The Bachelor, so I don't know other than the fact that I thought they were going to make it," said Mesnick about the split. 

"I saw them afterwards -- after [filming The Bachelorette] was done -- and it made me feel really good to see how in love they were.  So when I heard that they were done, I was just completely shocked and sad for both of them because I know they both really, truly wanted it to work because they were in love."

While Mesnick had no problem trying to find love twice on television, he said that showing him walking down the aisle with his The Bachelor pick would be a different story entirely.

"I have not even thought about anything like that," answered Mesnick when asked about a TV wedding. 

"My life is off of TV.  I could not even imagine that happening."

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jason-mesnick-dishes-about-his-upcoming-the-bachelor-journey-8174.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »
ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE DECEMBER 17 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH NEW BACHELOR JASON MESNICK

"The Bachelor" premieres MONDAY, JANUARY 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Operator:    Welcome to Disney's The Bachelor call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded. By staying on this call you are confirming that you consent to this recording.

If you do not wish to be recorded please disconnect from the call at this time. Thank you. Ms. Rehl, you may now begin your call.

Cathy Rehl:    Hi, everybody, thanks for joining us today. I know this is a long time coming from like last summer when you all saw Jason Mesnick being rejected, unfortunately, by DeAnna and now it's his turn.

And as you probably know he is very happy and he has proposed and is engaged. We obviously can't tell you to who but there's an announcement coming out today about the 25 women and there's a little bit of history being made there as well. There will be single mothers for the first time on The Bachelor.

And with that I'm just going to open it for questions.

Operator:    And at this time if anyone would like to ask a question please press star then the number 1 on your telephone keypad. To withdraw your question press the pound key.

We'll pause for just a moment to compile the Q&A roster. And your first question comes from the line of Laura Saltman with Access Hollywood.

Laura Saltman:    Wow, first on, I can't believe it. That never happens. Hey, Jason.

Jason Mesnick:    Congratulations.

Laura Saltman:    Thanks, I'm so excited. So that's interesting. Tell me about the fact that there were single mothers in there. Did that give you pause or did it make them more interesting to you? What was the dynamic with that?

Jason Mesnick:    You know, honestly it doesn't make a difference either way. I mean, I think that I would hope people would view me as a person, not just as a single dad. So to me, you know, going into it I had no expectations really as to who was going to be there but it didn't surprise me that there were single mothers. But it didn't make me think any one way or the other whether they're a mom or not.

Laura Saltman:    And talk to me about how your son plays into the show? How much will we see him?

Jason Mesnick:    He plays a very small, small part in the show. He - I think you'll see that early on if you see him it's him and I, just him and I. And I've said this once before that, you know, I just knew that there was no way that I could truly fall in love with somebody unless they saw my son.

Laura Saltman:    Right. And how did your son take to your final choices?

Jason Mesnick:    I would never, ever introduce somebody to my son that I in my heart knew that wouldn't be great to him already.

Laura Saltman:    Okay, and can you clear something up for me? I know you've said that you're hoping that the third time's a charm and that obviously you've been married before, you sort of popped the question to DeAnna and now you're engaged for a third time. But some of the guys from the last season of Bachelorette had mentioned that you were engaged prior to being married. Is that true or not true?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh, no, not true at all. I don't know where that - I mean, the only - I had a high school girlfriend when I was 15, that doesn't mean engagement. But there's no - I don't know where they got that from. And I would say that I was not engaged to DeAnna is my best recollection of that experience.

Laura Saltman:    Yeah, that's why I said, "sort of." The words never exactly got out.

Jason Mesnick:    Yeah. Well, and she never accepted either. So...

Laura Saltman:    Okay, and then one last question then I'll let some other people talk to you.

Jason Mesnick:    Yeah, there's no way. I mean, this is my second engagement. I don't know where those other things come from.

Laura Saltman:    Okay.

Cathy Rehl:    The thing is, the third time's the charm in that the third time he's fell in love...

Laura Saltman:    Oh, okay. Gotcha. Okay, my last question that I wanted to ask you is, why the decision to let everybody know that you got the engagement? Because I know with DeAnna she kind of didn't tell anybody until sort of the end. So why did you want to put it out there before the show even started airing?

Jason Mesnick:    You know, that's a good question. I just remember, you know, in my opinion is that I - how could I hold something like that back when I'm as happy as I am and I feel like as transparent as I am. And there's only certain things, obviously, I can say with, you know, with the show not even starting yet. But I just said to myself and I said to anybody else involved, I said, "You know, this is me and I'm so excited and I'm so happy that I want everybody to know it."

And if people are going to ask me the same question over and over again there's no way I could hold that back.

Laura Saltman:    All right, well, good luck to you.

Jason Mesnick:    Thank you.

Operator:    And your next question comes from the line of Mike Hughes with Syndicated.

Mike Hughes:    Hey, Jason, first of all I'm wondering how old were you when your parents divorced?

Jason Mesnick:    I was, let me think, I was 14, maybe turning 15.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, and you lived with your mom then or your dad?

Jason Mesnick:    I lived - I kind of split. My dad lived really close by so we kind of just alternated.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, cool.

Jason Mesnick:    I stayed at home. My mom was closer to where I went to school and whatnot.

Mike Hughes:    Okay. Because I was wondering how important do you think it is for a kid to - for you to get back and have - how important is it for Ty to have a mother and a father both at home?

Jason Mesnick:    I don't know, both there. You know, everybody, you know, look at the way the world works now. There's no guarantee in any relationship, obviously, and I'm living proof from my divorce and from my mom and dad and whatnot.

But I think it's important just to be loved no matter where you're at.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, good...

((Crosstalk))

Jason Mesnick:    And, you know, I've got that love for me from my family and stepparents and real parents and I think Ty has that from me and his mom and his grandparents and my family. So I think it's the love that's most important.

Mike Hughes:    Is Ty with you most of the time or split or...

Jason Mesnick:    It's split.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, because the other thing I was wondering is you've got a lot of experience with a mostly male home. He's in an all male house right now with you and your brother and you had all those brothers, your mother was the only female. Do you think it's important to have a female there, too?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh, of course. I mean, I think that there's something that I just can't give as a male, you know? There's something that a female's able to give to a child that none of us males can even relate to or maybe ever even think about or contemplate because it's just some innate thing that a woman can give to a child.

I think I do and my brother who's here and, you know, my other brother and my dad, we've all done a great job with kids in our families and whatnot. But, you know, there's something innately that a woman can give to a child.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, cool. And one other thing, totally off point last thing, you know, some people saw the last one as, oh, the solid businessman going against the snowboarder, you know? So I thought it was interesting to see that you're an athlete, too. You used to be a golf pro at a golf club?

Jason Mesnick:    Yeah, I did that for a while.

Mike Hughes:    And what's your handicap now and what's your best handicap?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh, geez, you know, I could say that I have played almost zero golf in the last five years. So handicap now I have no - I mean, I haven't - I've probably played two rounds of golf in the last five years.

Mike Hughes:    What was your best handicap?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh, I mean, like, you know, as far as the teaching pro it was a little bit different. I was probably like a 7 handicap at the time, not a scratch golfer by any means.

Mike Hughes:    But you are, in other words, you're many things. You're not just a business guy who faced a snowboarder, you're an athlete and other stuff, too. Is that fair to say or...

Jason Mesnick:    Yeah, I mean, I would think that I would say I have way more fun being an athlete and playing, you know, playing sports with my friends and my son than I do wearing a suit to work.

Mike Hughes:    Okay, cool. Thanks a lot.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Angela DeGregorio with Life & Style Weekly.

Angela DeGregorio:    Hi, how are you?

Jason Mesnick:    Hello.

Angela DeGregorio:    Okay, so there's been like a belief that The Bachelor has been like this cursed kind of program because none of the relationships really work out. So what was it about your previous experience to kind of convince you to try again and start your own?

Jason Mesnick:    Well, I mean, I just knew that regardless of anybody who's watching this, I just knew it was real and I think that, I mean, a real love experience for me. And I think it's one of those things you've got to experience to really truly know and if that didn't happen to me the first time, there's no way I would have done it before. Because I'm sure there's people that go on and have this experience and leave really early on and don't ever get to know the full feeling of it.

So that's why. I mean, first of all that's why because I knew I fell in love with DeAnna and I knew it was possible. But then they approached me and they said, "We're going to find girls that first of all are going to be a good match for you." You know, hobbies, interests, things that they like to do, their view on the world and how could you say no to somebody's who going to say, "We're going to find 25 incredible, amazing women and they're going to be right for you"?

Angela DeGregorio:    Great. And I know you said that your son didn't really play a huge part on the show but, I mean, did he kind of give you advice like behind-the-scenes and what does he think about how it all turned out?

Jason Mesnick:    I don't know if he - you know, he's three so he lives life day-to-day and has a great time no matter what he's doing. So I don't know as far as any advice by words but I think his advice more by living is that let's just live today.

And I think that as we get older in our real world when we've got work and responsibilities it's very easy to think about the past and the future but when you're with a little guy you know, it's all about today.

Angela DeGregorio:    Okay, and can we expect there to be a TV wedding?

Jason Mesnick:    I have not even thought about anything like that. I mean, my life is off of TV and I cannot even imagine that happening.

Angela DeGregorio:    Okay, great, thanks.

Operator:    And your next question comes from the line of Ruth Myles with Swerve Magazine at the Calgary Herald.

Ruth Myles:    Hi, Jason, how are you?

Jason Mesnick:    How are you?

Ruth Myles:    I'm great, thanks. I'm wondering if you could maybe lead us through how you made the decision to become The Bachelor. You know, after you said you fell in love with DeAnna so you had to have had some recovery time from that, and how your family reacted to it as well being such a tight knit group.

Jason Mesnick:    I made the decision - and, you know, it was an easy decision because first of all it was the same kind of questions that went through my mind the first time going on The Bachelorette was, you know, how would this impact Tyler and that was my first question.

And I talked to, you know, a therapist and I talked to his pediatrician and they said, "Listen, he's going to be fine. I think that you're probably going to be more impacted by the fact that you're not going to see him as much as you typically do more than he himself." And I just said, "You know what?" I said, "I'm not going to go more than a week or so without seeing him." I mean, I just can't do that.

And the show was great. They said, "You know what? Whatever you need. He's the most important thing in your life and we'll work with you on it." And they did without a problem. He was around when he needed to be and he went home and saw his mom when he needed to and my family was supportive. I know that the one thing that they probably would say is they just don't want to see me hurt again.

Ruth Myles:    Yeah.

Jason Mesnick:    And that started with going through a divorce and that went from kind of the public thing with DeAnna and that's all their main concern was. But they trust me. They trust me that, you know, I do things my own way and if this is my own way then they're going to support me.

Ruth Myles:    Great, thanks and good luck to you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Monica Sotomayor at Flash News.

Monica Sotomayor:    Hi, Jason, thanks for your time today.

Jason Mesnick:    You're welcome.

Monica Sotomayor:    So I'm hoping that you get to go on a lot of really fun dates on this show. But I was actually wondering can you take us a little bit back to your dating trajectory in your personal life? Like have you ever just had a really awful date that you always talk about with your friends and laugh?

Jason Mesnick:    A really awful date? I don't, I mean, to me it doesn't necessarily matter what you're doing but I have been on dates where, you know, I feel like I could sit down and have a conversation with anybody about anything and I could carry a conversation and ask a lot of questions and get to know somebody.

But if it's a date where somebody, I don't know, maybe they're not confident in themselves or is, you know, uncomfortable in their own way in a new setting that they can't carry a conversation. That's when it gets awkward.

Monica Sotomayor:    Um-hm.

Jason Mesnick:    You know, it's all about, you know, like I could - really doesn't matter if we're just sitting at a little hole in the wall restaurant or if we're here in Seattle on the top of the Space Needle. The setting doesn't matter as much as like what we're talking about.

Monica Sotomayor:    Yeah, definitely. So you definitely need a girl that can hold her own as far as conversation goes?

Jason Mesnick:    Yeah, that's first and foremost, yeah.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay, perfect. And as far as, you know, the ladies kind of meeting Ty, I know you said you don't include him too much in the show. But how do you know if a woman can actually handle your son? Is she going to be able to talk him into going to bed at his regular bedtime or eat his vegetables, those kinds of things?

Jason Mesnick:    No, actually I never thought about that because, you know, getting him to bed at his regular time I think that's something that every parent battles, even their biological parents.

Monica Sotomayor:    Yeah.

Jason Mesnick:    But I think it's just knowing that maybe, you know, everybody's got different experience with kids and, you know, it could be that they already have a different level of experience with kids. It could be that, you know, they've got nieces or nephews and, you know, they want to have kids. It's not - and it's something that they've actually thought about as well.

Monica Sotomayor:    Okay, perfect. Thank you so much.

Jason Mesnick:    You're welcome.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of John Brokita with Reality TV World.

John Brokita:    I've got a question. You said when it came to the type of woman you were looking for that you wanted more of a role model, not maybe a parent necessarily. And can you just go into detail about what you were looking for, for your ideal woman on the show?

Jason Mesnick:     Yes. I mean when I'm saying - and I know I've said that before. And when I say "a parent," I mean of course I want to have more kids. And with that being said that, you know, I'm going to have more kids and the person that I've chosen, her and I will have a family and we'll have more kids and I - you know, obviously my expectations for that are that we are going to be parents together.

But with what I was saying with the person I was looking for is, you know, Ty has already got a mother. And - sorry, speaking of Tyler. Ty, he's already got a mother. So when I was coming into this I was thinking, you know what, I'm not looking for a mom for Ty. I'm looking for somebody that could be a partner for me, that can be a mentor for him, you know, with more authority.

But who has those traits because, you know, I know half of us in this country have step parents. And I think the hardest thing to do is for somebody to walk in and say, "Hey, here's your stepmom," or "Here's your stepdad." Versus, like, "Hey, here's Daddy's - here's my partner and she's also, you know, she's also going to be a friend to you, she's going to be a mentor to you, she's going to help you, she's going to help you learn. But you're also going to have to listen to her."

John Brokita:    Okay.

Jason Mesnick:    The word "stepmother" never crossed my mind.

John Brokita:    Okay, okay. I got you. And is there anything you learned from your term as a contestant on The Bachelorette that you put to use when you - on The Bachelor this season?

Jason Mesnick:    Yes. I mean, I think the first thing that really came to my mind is that when I was with - on The Bachelorette, it never really came into my mind - well, the first thing that came to my mind is, like, DeAnna had all these great qualities that, you know.

You're attracted - she's kind of the girl that would walk into a room and she'd light it up and she'd love getting to know everybody and everybody wanted to get to know here and she had a great heart. And that was always what I was looking for.

But what I also learned through that experience is that, you know, the person I need to be with has to have been through some kind of their own, like, experience in life to know that they're ready for, you know, a family. Because I've already got, like - it's already Ty and I. I've already got a family.

So I was looking for somebody that not only had all those qualities that DeAnna had but also I learned that they had to have been through - whether it's, you know, dating in a long-term relationship. Or experience with kids. Or, you know, they've got that party scene out of their system, you know. Because, you know, I love to do those type of things. But, you know, half the time, you know, I'm Dad at home with Ty.

So - and I think sometimes if things last for a month, sometimes if things last for 25 or 30 years, it all depends on the person.

John Brokita:    Okay. And then this is the last question. Can you tell us at all about what your first impression of all the girls were when you met them?

Jason Mesnick:    Of all the girls - was just - wow. I mean, it was just like, wow, are you kidding me? Everybody's here to meet me? I mean, it was just - I mean, who does this happen to? Really. Come on.

John Brokita:    Okay. Great. Thanks a lot.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Dan Rice with FYI Television.

Dan Rice:    Hi, Jason.

Dan Rice:    Given your experience of rejection on The Bachelorette, do you think you entered this series with more sympathy for those you have to reject in turn?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh yes. I mean, it has nothing to do with my experience on The Bachelorette, necessarily. But, you know, I think I'm one of those people that no matter what I do in life, I don't want to hurt anybody.

I think before I say anything and, you know, definitely the hardest thing I ever had to do was reject women. And that didn't happen a lot in my regular life, you know, because I've had longer-term relationships. But, you know, going through that - it was absolutely horrible having to do that. The worst.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Reyhaneh Fathieh with USA Weekend.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    Hi, Jason.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    Hi. So my question is I want to hear your reaction to the news that DeAnna and Jesse split.

Jason Mesnick:    You know, I was - when that all happened I was busy, you know, in the middle of filming The Bachelor. And so I don't know - other than the fact that I thought they were going to make it. I mean, I saw them afterwards. After everything was done and it made me feel really good to see how in love they were.

So when I saw that they were, you know - when I heard that they were done, I was just completely shocked. And just sad for both of them because I know they both really truly wanted it to work and were in love.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    And I wanted to know if you think it's tougher being The Bachelor or one of the 25 contestants and how different the experiences were?

Jason Mesnick:    Oh, it's way tougher being The Bachelor. Way, way tougher. I mean, I wouldn't change that experience for the world and I'm actually glad that I was able to go through both of them. Because going through The Bachelorette I learned a lot about myself and going through The Bachelor I was really able to, I feel like, you know, reinforce myself and be proud for who I was going throughout all this.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    And one last thing. Can you reveal anything about your new fiancée? Are you guys living together, anything like that?

Jason Mesnick:    I'll just say she's amazing.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    Nothing else?

Jason Mesnick:    I can't say anything else. No, sorry.

Reyhaneh Fathieh:    All right. Thanks.

Operator:    And one again if anyone would like to ask a question please press star then the number 1 on your telephone keypad. Again that is star 1 to ask a question.

Your next question comes from the line of Sarah Grossbart with US Weekly Magazine.

Sarah Grossbart:    Hi Jason. Congratulations.

Jason Mesnick:    Hi, thank you. Good morning.

Sarah Grossbart:    Morning. I was just wondering, and to kind of piggyback on the last question, have you been in touch with DeAnna at all since filming or actually since you filmed The Bachelorette?

Jason Mesnick:    You know, I haven't talked to her. You know, I would love to and I know she's busy with some new stuff in her life too. But I have not talked to her yet.

Cathy Rehl:    You should realize guys that this Bachelor just finished taping right before Thanksgiving so it has not been done that long. Okay?

Sarah Grossbart:    Right. So you'd just finished taping like a month ago.

Jason Mesnick:    I'm sorry?

Sarah Grossbart:    Sorry. You just finished taping like a month ago?

Jason Mesnick:    Less than a month ago.

Sarah Grossbart:    Oh wow.

Cathy Rehl:    Less than a month...

Jason Mesnick:    Yes.

Sarah Grossbart:    How has the transition been into kind of everyday life now?

Jason Mesnick:    I think I love everyday life. I mean, I - Ty was with me a lot, like, off and on through filming but I - like, I didn't do this to go on these amazing dates. I did this to meet somebody to spend the rest of my life with. And then the other huge part of me is, you know, I love being at home with my little boy.

Sarah Grossbart:    Absolutely. Well good luck with everything.

Sarah Grossbart:    Thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from the line of Matt Sullivan with In Touch Weekly.

Matt Sullivan:    Hi Jason. I was wondering if Ty is involved in, you know, in the final dates? Does he go with you with the final contestants? At what point does he get involved in - you know, was he the tie-breaker so to speak?

Cathy Rehl:    Okay, we can't really reveal a lot about the ending of the show. So...

Matt Sullivan:    Right. Well, then generally his - then generally back to his, like, how much screen time does he get? Like does he go on any dates with you?

Jason Mesnick:    He doesn't - he is not a big part of the show. And the one thing that I think I mentioned earlier is that there's no way that I could ever truly fall in love with somebody unless I saw them with Ty. And I know that there are some people in the world that - and it even happened to me. Like, my parents got remarried. That failed, they dated, they fell in love with somebody on their own and then they brought them into our lives.

And I think a lot of people do that. But I think I'm completely opposite in the fact that I could not truly fall in love with somebody and give my heart to somebody unless I saw them with my son.

Matt Sullivan:    What type of dates bring - or challenges bring out those, you know, potential maternal skills? Like, how do you get a read on that without Ty being so involved?

Jason Mesnick:    I don't - I mean, it's just conversations. I think that I'm a good judge - I think I'm a fairly good judge of character. And when you sit down and you talk to somebody about, you know, their view on the world, you know, what they want out of life. Do they want kids, do they not want kids? I think you can get those answers, per se, without initially seeing them with a child.

Matt Sullivan:    Okay. Thanks.

Operator:    And once again if anyone would like to ask a question please press star then the number 1 on your telephone keypad. Again that is star 1 to ask a question.

And your next question comes from the line of Delaina Dixon with OK Magazine.

Delaina Dixon:    Hi Jason. How are you doing?

Jason Mesnick:    Good. How are you?

Delaina Dixon:    I'm okay. I came in a little late so if somebody asked you this question I apologize. But I'm wonder - you announced that you were engaged so early, even before the show aired. Is there any fear - there's been so many broken engagements coming out of this show. Is there any fear that, you know, things are going to change and, you know, you're going to feel like, "Oh, why didn't I wait and keep it a secret?" I mean, how do you feel about that?

Jason Mesnick:    You know, I - a similar question was asked. But all I said was, you know, this question comes to me every single interview or any conversation I'm having. And I said, "How can I not be open and honest about that?" If I had to swallow the fact that I'm extremely happy and I'm in love and I'm engaged for this long - there's no way I could do that.

So the reason I did it was because I had to be - I mean, there's only so much I can say until the show's done airing. But if I couldn't say that, that would have just killed me. So I just - anybody who was around me toward the ending of, you know, when we were filming. I just said, you know what, "I've got to be me and this is what I'm going to say." And everybody supported me.

Delaina Dixon:    Well that's great. All right. That's all I wanted to know. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:25:11 AM by marigold »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
From buddytv.com

'The Bachelor' Premiere: First Impressions and Spoilers

This season's Bachelor, fourth season Bachelorette runner-up Jason Mesnick, has already announced that he is now engaged to the winner of The Bachelor, and the first episode hasn't even aired yet. But when viewers tune in for the first time on January 5, they need not fear that any surprises from the show were ruined by Mesnick's announcement. BuddyTV got an exclusive sneak peek at the episode, right up to the first rose ceremony, and now we can say for certain: this season of The Bachelor promises to be just as exciting a competition as any other, with lots of twists ahead for the competitors, and a lot at stake for Mesnick and his 3 year old son, Ty.

Read on for our first impressions and some mild spoilers from the episode.

Any Bachelor attracts enthusiastic contestants, but Jason Mesnick seems to have attracted an especially devoted fanbase in his 25 lady suitors. When DeAnna Pappas rejected Jason in the finale of The Bachelorette, their hearts went out to the single dad from Seattle, and many of these women became convinced that they were meant to be the future Mrs. Mesnick. From poems, to dance lessons, to a little bit of MySpace stalking, each woman tries to stand out from the herd and establish the connection that she already knows is there. One even uses “The Hotdog Test,” but you'll just have to wait to find out what that means.

The usual level of drama ensues when each woman tries to get as much one-on-one time with Mesnick as possible—but the drama level rises dramatically when the host, Chris Harrison, introduces two special elements to the night. The first, we're familiar with: “The First Impression Rose,” which Jason gives to the woman who impresses him most on the first night. The second is a new twist: Chris asks the women to vote off their least favorite competitor. That's when the claws really come out.

This season of The Bachelor presents a special twist on the normal formula for the show: not only is Mesnick looking for a wife, but he is also looking for a mother (or mother-figure) for his son. When we meet the 25 women who will be competing for Mesnick's love, they are all fully aware of the roles that await them if they do win his heart, and each woman is extra eager to prove that she's able and willing to settle down and become a family with Jason and Ty.

Some of the women do a better job of communicating their readiness for motherhood than others, and an immediate divide forms between the single moms and the childless love seekers. The leader of the single mothers, Megan, a 25 year old single mom from Pennsylvania, even lectures a group of the women about how clueless they are about the responsibilities of parenting. That doesn't go over too well, and it sets a tone of seriousness that will likely play out the whole season. All 25 women range widely in age, from 23 to 34, and in their backgrounds with children. Some are doting aunts and teachers, while others are former Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and flight attendants. Who will Jason fall in love with? Who will be the best addition to Jason and Tyler's family? And, will the answers to these questions match up?

It remains to be seen how Jason will factor in the maternal element in his rose-giving decisions. But it's clear that it's always on his mind, because his son is always on his mind. This isn't just The Bachelor. It's The Bachelor and Baby, and they're playing for keeps.

Tune in for the two-hour premiere of The Bachelor on January 5 at 8 PM ET/PT on ABC.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »

Jason as The Bachelor! Season premiere sneak peek  :ascared

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »

The Bachelor: Jason Mesnick - Previews of premiere episode

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

SCHEDULED GUESTS ON ABC'S JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE, JANUARY 5-9

January 9, 2009

Jason Mesnick ("The Bachelor")

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »

The Bachelor returns January 5th promo

.... a female returns

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
The female in question that pays a visit to Jason is the bitch herself, DeAnna. Someone over at Jokers did a marvelous job catching the tattoo on one of her feet and it is common knowledge that she had a tattoo there. The person actually got a screenshot of her feet as she stepped out of the limo in the video.

Personally I despise her and wish she would have nothing to do with this coming season and to stay the hell away from Jason! She is an attention whore and was never in love with Jesse is why she dumped him. She pretty much used him for a while just to have publicity and she has always wanted to live in L.A. to live the high lifestyle. Brad did the right thing not to pick her and thankfully Jason was spared as well.

Credit and thanks to Dreamer for the pic:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 12:22:25 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
FYI...

Jason will be on The Ellen Degeneres Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live on Friday, January 9th.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:11:26 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »
A brief article in the new TV guide that I got in the mail today....

The Bachelor
REBOUND FOR GLORY

Left brokenhearted by Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas, single dad Jason Mesnick finds a second chance at love-and a fiancee-on The Bachelor. The Seattle-based account executive dishes about his quest to deliver that final rose.

Why try again to find the one in front of America?
The [producers] said, 'Yeah, we're going to find 25 beautiful , amazing women who aree compatible with you,' and it just seemed like the perfect opportunity. I'd been through it before and realized that you could fall in love [this way], so of course I wanted to do that again.

How'd you balance raising 3-year-old Tyler while being on the show?
My ex and I share custody, and I told the producers I wouldn't go more than a week without seeing him.

Have you told Tyler you're engaged?
He doesn't know those types of details-he knows that Daddy has a special friend.

So what will make you better at marriage the second time around?
I've always known myself-what I like to do, my hobbies and interests. My ex didn't, and we were always trying to discover those for her. This time around, I've found somebody who knows herself, and we can grow together.   

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »
Promo printed in many magazines....

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 12:21:25 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
Latest sneak peek promo video of The Bachelor....it even shows Deanna paying a visit to Jason!

credit and thanks to cupcakes153

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:42:19 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Interview with The Seattle Times...

Kirkland's Jason Mesnick spills about "The Bachelor"

Local Jason Mesnick, of Kirkland, is the star of the next "The Bachelor," which premieres Monday on ABC. In an interview, he talks about being engaged; the breakup of Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas and snowboarder Jesse Csincsak; being the Bachelor and his son Ty.

By Nicole Tsong
Seattle Times staff reporter

When Jason Mesnick, of Kirkland, acts like his life is normal, he goes out to eat in Belltown, takes his 3-year-old, Ty, to the zoo or the golf course and does not answer questions about the breakup of Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas and Jesse Csincsak.

But as ABC's newest Bachelor — a fan favorite after Pappas rejected him for snowboarder Csincsak in "The Bachelorette" finale — he's spending a lot of time telling people he's "shocked" about their split. Oh, and he's engaged and in love. (To whom, we don't know: Mesnick has finished filming the show, but can't reveal his final pick until the finale, which should air in March or April.)

In other real news, Mesnick eats his eggs scrambled and laughs at himself when asked to tilt his head and look into the camera for a picture. He didn't think to unlist his address before going on "The Bachelorette," and came home to thousands of letters and people waiting outside his house to offer him "opportunities."

With "The Bachelor" set to premiere Monday on ABC with a two-hour special starting at 8 p.m., Mesnick will have to get used to the new normal.

Mesnick, 32, who grew up in the area and graduated from the University of Washington, sat down for breakfast at Trellis in Kirkland to talk about the show shortly after filming "The Bachelor" finale.

Q: Most dramatic moment ever: Jesse's video about his split from DeAnna. What did you think?

A: I just heard through everybody else. I just can't believe it. I was completely shocked. Ask anybody in my regular world. I would say, 'Yeah, they're going to get married and they're going to invite me to the wedding, too.' I truly, truly believed it.

Q: How did the experience on the "Bachelor" compare to falling for DeAnna on "The Bachelorette"?

A: Everything happens for a reason. I wouldn't trade my experience with my ex-wife for anything; I wouldn't trade my experience with DeAnna for anything. But this, this is forever stuff. And it blows my experience on "The Bachelorette" away. DeAnna was right, and I can thank her for not picking me, because I found the right person for me.

Q: What kind of girl did you want to meet?

A: The person who has that spark of life, the person that really enjoys getting to know people. I started realizing through my experience last time they also had to have their own experience done in life, whether that's going through a real single phase and dating a lot of people and traveling a lot or partying a lot. My life has more responsibility than just a regular bachelor.

Q: Did you have hesitations about becoming the Bachelor?

A: It wasn't an easy yes. When I went on ["The Bachelorette"], I really made sure my son was going to be OK. I checked with the child therapist, I checked with the pediatrician. They said, 'He's going to be fine. He's 3 ½ years old, their sense of time is a little bit different from ours anyway.' It was still hard [this time] because I didn't want to be away from him. I thought about it for several weeks, and it made sense. If they're going to go out across the country for 25 amazing girls that I'm looking for, asking me what kind of qualities are you looking for, what kind of interests, how could it not work?

Q: Except the Bachelor doesn't have the best success record. None of the 12 Bachelors so far has married his final pick — although two Bachelor couples are reportedly still together. You're Bachelor No. 13. How will it be different for you?

A: It starts with the person who's the Bachelor or Bachelorette. They are the only one who knows the true answer if they're ready for a serious relationship. I knew exactly what I'm looking for.

Q: Do you have a game plan for the next three months when you have to keep the relationship a secret and she is watching you on dates?

A: There are probably reasons why it hasn't worked out and it may have something to do with it how you approach what's going to happen during airing and immediately after. I want to make sure whatever people did that worked, I want to take pieces of that, and whatever didn't work, I want to throw those away. This has to work, and that's why I did it.

Q: Can you really fall in love in such a short time-frame, on television?

A: Everything moves quicker. The things you talk about on your first date or second date are things you might not talk about until your first or second month. You get to know people quickly. That's how you can fall in love faster, too, I think.

Q: What does Ty think about your new fiancée?

A: Ty had a great time with both of them. It was just the last two. There's no way I wanted to introduce him to a group of 25 or 8 or 6. I knew I couldn't fully give myself to somebody in my heart until I saw him with them, saw how he interacted with them and how they interacted with them. It's something his mom and I talked about a lot.

Q: How much does Ty know about the show?

A: Ty knows about the TV guys. Everybody's great with him. He's got this whole group of friends, some are audio people, some are producers, some of them are camera guys. I think he just thinks I have a goofy group of friends.

Q: Does his mom have him while you're filming?

A: She travels a lot more for work, so when I'm gone it's either her parents, who live here, or my mom and my brothers, who live here. It's the crew.

Q: Have you heard about DeAnna's new Lifetime show helping brides plan their weddings? It premieres on the same day as "The Bachelor."

A: I just heard about it. (Jokingly) DeAnna and I are linked forever. She's got a great personality. I'll watch it.

Q: In more Bachelor gossip, did you know

A: A grandma in Montana? No. Is it his grandma?

Q: It's a random grandma who likes Jesse.

A: I like the grandma fan. That's hilarious.

Q: Are you planning to stay in Seattle?

A: I'm staying in Seattle without a doubt. I would never take my son away from his mom, and she would never take him away from me. That's the thing Ty does for me, he completely grounds me.

Q: Is your fiancée moving here?

A: If she doesn't live here. It's a big world, right? If she doesn't live here, she will definitely end up here.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
Same interview with Seattle Times but here's the video portion....

Credit and thanks to cupcakes153

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
An interesting article:

The Bachelor's' Jason Mesnick gets his turn

In the world of unscripted television, only "The Bachelorette" and "The Bachelor" claim to offer the most coveted prize of all, above money and fame: love.

When the latest season of "The Bachelor" begins Monday, fans of finding true love in six weeks will see a first for the show: a single dad, from Kirkland.

Jason Mesnick catapulted to fame last year when he was the runner-up on "The Bachelorette" and comes onboard with a son who's almost 4 years old. Mesnick already has let the ending out of the bag: He's engaged.

"You have to experience it to actually feel it! The cameras just don't matter to me at all," Mesnick told the P-I during a recent interview. "When you are there with someone you care about, that's all that matters. And since I wouldn't have met her any other way, then how could I doubt the cameras or process. It really did happen."

The only mystery for fans will be trying to figure out whom he chose.

Mesnick emphasizes his transparency. When asked what three words he would use to describe himself, he answered: "honest, trustworthy and loving."

"I don't use pick-up lines. It's always, 'Hey my name is Jason, what's your name?' I think there are people who try to come up with a pick-up line, and they're just trying too hard," said Mesnick, who has been single for about three years and who had been old-fashioned in his dating history -- no online matches, just asking whoever caught his eye out for coffee. "I'm just too transparent as a person. You don't want to go out with me, I hope you're going to tell me. I don't think I've ever used a pick-up line. I wouldn't be sitting here now if I did."

So, how did he get here?

Mesnick, 32, is a native of Cleveland but moved to the area when he was 8, the middle son of three brothers. His parents divorced when he was a teen, and he lived with his mother -- his role model -- who remarried and still lives in the area. His father remarried, as well, and moved to San Diego. Mesnick's older brother and family live in Sammamish.The close-knit family celebrated the holidays as they always do -- "the Christmas version of Hanukkah."

He attended Lake Washington High School. During that time, he worked at Safeway, where he met the girl who would be his first long-term girlfriend (three years).

"I remember being 15 and thinking there's no way. I had big glasses and braces, I think," he recalled. His first date wasn't what you'd call hot and heavy: It was with a group watching "The Silence of the Lambs" at someone's house.

He graduated from Lake Washington in 1994 and then attended the University of Washington. He graduated in 1998, belonging to the Theta Chi fraternity. His college years were spent enjoying the single life, including backpacking across Europe. He wanted his psychology major to lead toward a career as a child therapist.

Mesnick married in 2003 after dating for five years. By early 2005, his wife had left and by 2006, the marriage was over.

After working for Microsoft and later at AT&T Wireless and then on a Kenmore course as a golf pro, he decided to settle down with a job specializing in the insurance end of estate planning. It allowed him to take not one, but two, unpaid six-week leaves to do both shows. ABC did not pay him for his time.

He lives with his younger brother, Larry, in a house in Kirkland, sharing custody of his son, Ty, with his ex-wife, who lives in downtown Seattle.

While she has declined to comment on his appearance on the shows, he said, "She is real supportive of me and definitely wants me to find the love of my life."

It couldn't have been easy for her, to see the father of her son falling for another woman, DeAnna Pappas, in front of millions. Ultimately, rejection came very publicly to Mesnick. On bended knee, he was told no by Pappas. She chose snowboarder Jesse Csincsak. Mesnick dodged a bullet: That pair broke up four months later, consistent with all but one of the couples from "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."

But that hurt you saw on national television -- that was not acting.

"I wouldn't have proposed if I didn't think it was going to be right forever," Mesnick said. "I was completely heartbroken, but I will say that after going through a divorce that, you know, it gave me a different perspective. If I hadn't gone through that with my ex, that probably would've crushed me more than it ever did. I was able to say I had an eight-year relationship that really hurt me, but I got a beautiful son from it, versus I met somebody I was in love with but she doesn't want to be with me. I was able to put that perspective around it."

Fatherhood changed his life. His "mini me" is the focus of his life. Choosing a life partner had to take into account how that would fit into a life of an active dad who plays golf and baseball with his son, someone who would rather eat a gyro and fries at Santorini's in downtown Kirkland than a rack of lamb.

"There's no way I would do this if I didn't have any money," he said. "I wouldn't put my son in a bad situation. I was never going to do anything that would negatively affect Tyler."

Why go to the extreme of finding love on TV?

"People expect me to meet someone in some crazy way. If online dating is the thing people do now, I'd probably be doing something different. I just thought about it, and I don't know: It was just a leap of faith. And you don't ever think it's going to happen, going through that process, that you're going to be on the show, or make it past the first night. But that person on the other side, there's a real connection. I'm looking for someone who's a partner for me forever and for someone who could mentor Ty, who could teach Ty a lot of things, have a great relationship with him, but never once am I thinking the word 'mom.' He's got a great mom."He has no regrets, or so he says.

"I can't even believe I ended up being on a TV show to find love. There's no part of me that thinks I want to be on another TV show," said Mesnick, who could pull off the acting part with his DVD-ready looks. "I'm not an actor, I'm never gonna be an actor. The reality thing of it for me was reality."

JASON MESNICK

Current car: Nissan Maxima

Superhero: Clark Kent (not Superman)

Boxers or briefs: Boxers  :flirt:

Experience on "The Bachelorette": "Fun"

Experience on "The Bachelor": "Amazing"

On whether there should be a same-sex "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette": "I don't see why not. I mean, I come from a relatively liberal family, liberal background, pretty open. I think it might be hard for America initially if you come from different parts of the country, but eventually something like that might happen, probably on a different channel. But eventually, why not?"

On what he's looking for: "I was also thinking of finding someone who had that spark in their eye, who gets along with everybody but genuinely cares about getting to know everybody else, when they walk into a room everyone wants to get to know that person, I remember thinking all those things were true. And I still think that, but I also realize that that person -- and it wasn't DeAnna -- has to have been through an experience in her life that makes her know she's ready for a commitment and marriage and all that stuff and that's different for everybody."

Link to the article: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/394578_bachelor05.html?source=rss

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 04:13:31 PM »
There is speculation that Ty will take part of the final rose ceremony, not for the loser but the winner, and I think that's possible as from what I saw in the last sneak peek video, in the one scene, Jason and Ty both had white dress shirts and were getting ready and having a little pep talk.

I already know and have known for two weeks now who gets the final rose but am not going to spoil it on here as I'm sure many wants to be surprised when they see it on TV.

I'm really excited to watch the season as from what I've seen in all the promo videos, it looks like it's going to be a good season with the exception of one thing.....DeAnna! I wish she wouldn't have any part of it. But I know how it goes, they just like to increase the drama. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 05:36:09 AM »
A sad article:

Reality guru Kathy Wetherell dies Credits include 'Bachelor,' 'Real World'

Veteran reality show producer Kathy Wetherell, 48, was killed in an automobile accident Dec. 20 in Arizona. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday at the Hall of Liberty, Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills.

A cum laude graduate in broadcast journalism and radio, TV and film at Cal State Fullerton, Wetherell broke into television on "General Hospital" before becoming a producer, director and show runner on many reality shows. Among her credits were "Road Rules," "The Real World," "Making the Band," "The Bachelor," "Married by America," "Outback Jack," "Flavor of Love," "Charm School" and "Rock of Love."

She is survived by her husband, parents, brother and nephews.

Link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997930.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 05:38:52 AM »
An interesting article:

THE BACHELOR CAN'T KEEP LOVE A SECRET

The Bachelor kicks off tonight for its 13th season!

Jason Mesnick, a single dad who was rejected at the last rose ceremony by (once again single!) Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas, is now in the driver’s seat as 25 gals vie to win his love.

We already know that one did. Jason announced last December that he’s engaged to one of his lovely Bachelor ladies.

I’m all for finding love in 2009 (and I plan to: Feel free to send in your suggestions!). But with the Bachelor’s track record, 0 – in – 13, I had to know if Jason was worried that his declaration would be D.O.A. before the show even got underway!

“This question comes to me in every single interview or any conversation I’m having. And I say, ‘How can I not be open and honest about that,’” Jason declared to me.

Simply put, the accountant from Seattle, Wash., knew he’d have a hard time keeping his mouth shut about being head over heels in love as the show aired.

“If I had to swallow the fact that I’m extremely happy and I’m in love and I’m engaged for this long, there’s no way I could do that,” he admitted.

Awww, so sweet! I really works it works out for Jason and his mystery fiancée!

The Bachelor, season 13, premieres tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Link to the article: http://www.ok-magazine.com/blog/post/11069/The-Bachelor-can't-keep-love-a-secret

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »

The Bachelor: Jason Mesnick on Entertainment Tonight

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 02:40:36 AM »
Results of the first episode

First Impression Rose

Nikki

A new twist during the first show....the girls get to vote one of them out

Chris Harrison announced the top three vote getters

In 3rd place was Jackie
In 2nd place was Erica
In 1st place with most votes was Megan, then Chris surprised everybody that Megan automatically gets a rose and Jason handed her one (Jason told Chris in the deliberation room moments later that he would have kept her anyway)

First Official Rose Ceremony (in sequence of roses being handed out)

Lauren
Kari
Naomi
Natalie
Molly
Raquel
Stephanie
Melissa
Jillian
Shannon
Lisa
Sharon
Erica

Eliminated are:

Ann
Dominique
Emily
Jackie
Julie
Nicole
Renee
Shelby
Stacia
Treasure

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »

Chris Harrison blogs

'The Bachelor': episode 1

Let me start this off by admitting that this is my first ever blog. It's not that I'm against it, but I'm not exactly the Facebook/MySpace kind of guy. When I heard that my friend and Survivor host, Jeff Probst, took on this task (and enjoyed it), I decided to give in and join the masses. I hope you enjoy this journey, and I will try to give you as much insight and behind-the-scenes scoop as I can without ruining the amazing proposal we end up with (I hope you knew that part!).

I fully supported and even campaigned a little to get Jason Mesnick as our newest Bachelor. He's a great guy, very down-to-earth and, like myself, always puts family first. He's extremely genuine and loves his son, Ty, more than anything in this world. But one of the things I like best about Jason is he has NO poker face. As you saw in the first episode, he just can't hide what he's feeling -- good, bad or downright awkward. I find that very endearing as it allows all of us to really see and feel what his true emotions are. My interview at the beginning of the show this season was one of the easiest I've ever done. Even with people I know and like it's a bit awkward as the bachelors and bachelorettes aren't quit comfortable in front of the cameras yet. Jason and I have a lot in common. We're about the same age (okay, I'm a little older) and both dads, and I think that's why his interview was very easy and comfortable, yet still revealing. Sometimes this 5-minute (TV time) interview can take a couple hours to shoot.

Because this first episode is two hours long and full of names and roses and we're all just getting warmed up here, I'm going to cheat a little bit this week and just throw out random thoughts and notes from this show. (If you have a problem with this take it up with your local blogosphere representative. You people have those, right?) After this, we'll deal with the women.

*Reliving Jason's half proposal to Deanna at the top of the show was tough. Still not sure why she left him down there so damn long.

*Not sure why the producers never put slow-mo shots of me working out at the gym or doing push ups by my pool in the show. Oh wait, yes, I do know why.

Bachelor Season 13 fun facts:

*This is the fourth time we've used this house. Brad, Matt, Deanna, and now Jason.

*The women start getting ready at 9 A.M. but the arrivals don't take place till about 9 P.M. The first rose ceremony isn't till about 4 A.M. We all get to bed around 8 A.M. That is except me because when I get home my kids are getting up and are ready for breakfast and are off to school.

*A couple of guys with garden hoses wet down the driveway to make it look good on camera for arrivals. Not so good if you have a full-length gown!

*The driver of the third limo is a gentleman named Caesar. He's a great guy who's appeared on the show as a driver I believe since the beginning. If not, pretty darn close to it.

The Arrivals and Cocktail Party:
*It only takes about an hour to get five limos with five women each unloaded, introduced to Jason, and in the house.

*Because Jason is a father and the girls knew this coming in, the cocktail party was very subdued this season. There wasn't much drinking and nobody really got out of control. In fact, Jason actually had the same drink in his hand the entire first night.

Deliberation and Rose Ceremony:
*Once I grab Jason we go straight into the deliberation room. This room is a converted bedroom on the first floor of the girls' house. The women are all dying to see this room and see what pictures we use. They aren't allowed inside ever. While we're deliberating the living room is being torn down and being set up for the rose ceremony.

*The cruelest part of all is the fact that the girls arrive in a limo, but once rejected they go home in a van.

Now lets talk about the girls on night one. Again these are going to be quick takes as we're all just getting started here. During arrivals Lisa taught us Idaho is a great place because of...wait for it...potatoes! (The Idaho tourism board just hired her.) Treasure had the best line, explaining to Jason that "Treasure" was in fact her real name, not her stage name. Shannon, really with the teeth bit? Ask Dr. Travis Stork how that move works out.

Once inside the party a couple girls left quite an impression. Shannon, if you have to tell a man you're not a stalker...well, guess what? Sharon, not a great idea to tell a man you quit your job just to meet him. Jillian "It's important to know what a man puts on his pork"...I like you a lot (by the way I'm a mustard, ketchup guy myself). To Renee and all other women out there who have them. Vision boards scare men and not in a good way. Molly gets the award for best steal of the night. When you see your man dancing with a hot Brazilian, put an end to it fast. Some things you didn't see in the first episode but were pretty darn funny (editing room floor, sorry). Dominique did pretty good impressions of all the girls. Ann did the entire flight attendant routine for Jason. Sharon used every letter in the alphabet to describe something good about Jason (hard to believe we didn't leave that in, huh?). As has become the norm, a few of the girls did their best Chris Harrison impersonation, some of them are pretty good.

Again, we're just getting started here, so I hope you enjoyed week 1 and my first official blog. Next week we'll get more details as the girls move in, the dates begin, and this thing really starts cookin' as we quickly get our first kiss. Did you happen to notice Deanna is back? Until then, please take a moment and say your goodbyes.

Link to the blog: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/01/chris-harrison.html?xid=rss-tv-%27The+Bachelor%27%3A+Host%27s+new+blog%21