Author Topic: The Bachelor 13th Edition  (Read 127340 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Bachelor 13th Edition
« on: September 06, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

The Bachelor 13th Edition

JASON MESNICK GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE WHEN HE STARS IN

"THE BACHELOR," RETURNING TO ABC IN JANUARY 2009

Jason Hopes the "Third Time is the Charm"

Millions of viewers were stunned when DeAnna Pappas rejected Jason Mesnick's proposal, as he dropped to one knee to profess his love in the season finale of "The Bachelorette." Brokenhearted and wondering how he could have misjudged DeAnna's intentions, Jason's female fans flocked to support him, helping him heal from his very public dismissal. Now this handsome single dad will star in his own bid for true love, choosing from among 25 bachelorettes when "The Bachelor" returns to ABC in January 2009. This will be the 13th edition of ABC's popular romance reality series.

Jason, 32, became a huge viewer favorite during the chase to win DeAnna's heart, and his popularity seemed to vault even higher when he lost out to Jesse Csincsak -- who is now engaged to Pappas -- as fans rushed to e-mail him in droves, in total sympathy to his plight. Jason still believes in destiny and that he can find love through "The Bachelor," as he discovered when he fell for DeAnna. His heart-warming story as a single father from Seattle with a three-year-old son, Ty - the apple of his eye - struck a chord with many women. Divorced two years ago, Jason would like to start another family, himself the middle son in a family of three boys. His older brother, Sean, is married with children. Jason currently lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty. His parents are divorced and both are happily remarried.

An account executive in estate and legacy planning, Jason is looking for a woman who has a real curiosity about the world, who loves life and can find passion in life's smallest moments. Open and honest, the good-looking and appealing Bachelor loves a variety of sports, including swimming, golf, basketball and football. In fact he used to be a golf professional at a local club. He has traveled all over Europe and continues to pursue his desire to see the world. In his spare time, he takes guitar and swing dance lessons. Perhaps not surprisingly, Jason is a "big brother" for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America. A philanthropist himself, he hopes to some day form and run his own children's charity.

A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Jason moved to Washington at the age of eight and received his BA in psychology at the University of Washington.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Bachelor 13th Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
An interview with The Bachelor/Bachelorette Host:

Exclusive Interview: Chris Harrison, Host of 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette'

This January, The Bachelor returns to ABC with Jason Mesnick sitting in the driver's seat.  Fans have not soon forgotten Mesnick's heartache when DeAnna Pappas rejected his proposal on the season finale of The Bachelorette this year.  Mesnick is a single dad and it marks the first time that the show has cast a single parent as a Bachelor or Bachelorette.  The Bachelorette is also experiencing a major first: for the first time, the show has launched a nationwide search for the woman who will star on their next season.  This week, Chris Harrison spoke to BuddyTV in an exclusive interview about both shows, who he stays in touch with, and what other exciting things he has going on!

I know ABC is casting for The Bachelorette right now and I’m wondering what qualities does the show look for when they’re going to cast somebody?

Well, the cool thing is we’ve never cast, like an open casting call, for our Bachelorette before. This is the first time we’ve ever done it. We’ve always used a girl from a previous show so we’re very excited about finally having that national search for a phenomenal woman. It’ll be interesting to see. There’s not type. We don’t look for a rich girl, a mom, any type. We’ve done really everything as far as The Bachelor is concerned. We’ve had famous people, not famous, we’re doing it with Jason now, the single dad. Really now, there isn’t a type.

Is there something exciting about using someone for The Bachelorette who hasn’t been through the process before and this is totally brand new for her?

I think so. I mean selfishly, as the host, I kinda like it when we bring people back because usually they are friends of mine like Trista and even now with Jason. I’ve known these people for months so I’m really rooting for them. There is that excitement level when there’s someone completely new and just really wants to find love and every experience they have on the show is new to them so they’re always really excited. Jason’s been through this before so he kinda knows what’s behind the curtain, so to speak, and so it’s kinda hard to keep him on his toes.

How many different cities will ABC go to, looking to cast The Bachelorette?

As far as specific casting calls, I don’t know. I definitely want people to know that all across the country, I get stopped all the time, whether it’s at Starbucks, airports, whatever… and everybody always says, “Oh I have a friend, I have somebody that would be great. When are you gonna do an older Bachelor? When are you gonna do a single mom?” Now, all those women who have stopped me, this is your shot. Go to the website, log on, you can nominate yourself, nominated a friend of yours, a sister, whatever and now’s your shot to finally get that person on as The Bachelorette.

You talked about having personal relationships with the previous contestants. I was wondering if you are going to go to the wedding of DeAnna and Jesse.

Oh, I will definitely be at their wedding, for sure.

And do you keep up with the contestants and find out how they’re doing, like DeAnna and Jesse or Trista and Ryan?

Yeah. I talk to DeAnna and Jesse all the time. We probably talk once or twice a week if not on the phone, we shoot each other emails. I just talked to them the other day because Jesse took DeAnna snowboarding and she sprained her wrist. They went out for the first ski of the season and it took her out. She kinda got hurt but they’re doing great.

When you’re filming the show, do you form personal attachments to people? Do you get upset when someone you like is eliminated or feel bad for them?

Oh, of course, yeah. I mean, I’m only human and that’s one of the things that… I know it’s a tv show for people but for us, they are real and they’re really going through this. Their real lives are affected and I definitely form attachments. Even when Jason… it was terrible to see Jason get out of the limo and get on one knee in the Bahamas and fully expecting to be engaged and then just having his heart ripped open. That was tough. That was really tough. For me, it’s really hard when they get out of the limo and I know what’s about to happen but I can’t say anything because normally I would be like, “Do not get out of the limo! Just drive off!”

Speaking of Jason, how excited is he to be the next Bachelor?

Very! He’s doing a great job. Not giving too much away, he has met and exceeded all of our expectations. It’s a really different show. It’s a show that we’ve never done before, having a single dad… first of all, we’ve never had the Bachelor or Bachelorette be a single parent before. We’ve had some contestants that have had kids but never like, the one. He’s handling it really well but everybody approached the show differently, even the girls that are on the show. They’re not just there for the typical fun and excitement. They know he has a son so the show has a very different feel and it’s really good.

Besides The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, do you personally have any other projects going on that you’re excited about and working on?

Yeah, well you know, I host my daily show on TV Guide Network, Hollywood 411. I co-host with Madison Michelle every day. It gives me a little more liberty to be myself and be the tv host that I always enoy. I get to interview celebrities. Abby Brammell from The Unit was in today. Spike Lee was in last week. I get to interview great people and I love doing that. I’m about to host the red carpet pre-show for the AMAs on ABC coming up on the 23rd.

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelorette/exclusive-interview-chris-harr-24130.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »
An interesting article from Variety:

'Beauty' to follow 'Bachelor' on ABC Reality shows set to premiere on January 5

ABC has firmed up its winter plans for Monday night, starting with the return of "The Bachelor."

Alphabet net will preem a two-hour edition of "The Bachelor" on Monday, Jan. 5, followed by the launch of "True Beauty" -- the formerly untitled reality competish from Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher.

The following week, "The Bachelor" will shrink down to its normal 90-minute frame, leaving room for "Samantha Who?" in its regular 9:30 p.m. slot. "True Beauty" continues at 10.

"The Bachelor" fills the void left by "Dancing With the Stars," which returns in the spring. "True Beauty," meanwhile, takes over for "Boston Legal," which finishes off its series run later this fall.

Next "Bachelor" reps the 13th edition of the romantic reality skein; Jason Mesnick, who was turned down by DeAnna Pappas in the season finale of the last "The Bachelorette," will star as the new Bachelor.

Meanwhile, the Alphabet has kept details of "True Beauty" under wraps. But the show, from Warner Horizon, Bankable Prods. and Katalyst, revolves around people who live in a house together and compete in a beauty pageant.

Link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117995265.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »

Friday, November 07, 2008
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE

13th EDITION OF THE BACHELOR TO PREMIERE MONDAY, JAN. 5, 2009

JASON MESNICK, THE FIRST SINGLE DAD IN "BACHELOR" SERIES HISTORY, GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE WHEN "THE BACHELOR" PREMIERES MONDAY, JANUARY 5, 2009 ON ABC

Jason Hopes the "Third Time is the Charm"

Jason Mesnick, 32, a handsome single dad - the first in the series' history - begins his own bid for true love and the pursuit of his ultimate soul mate, choosing from among 25 bachelorettes, when the 13th edition of ABC's popular romance reality series, "The Bachelor," premieres with a two-hour special, MONDAY, JANUARY 5, 2009 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Millions of viewers were stunned when DeAnna Pappas rejected Jason's proposal, as he dropped to one knee to profess his love in the season finale of "The Bachelorette." Jason was left brokenhearted and wondering how he could have misjudged DeAnna's intentions, but his female fans flocked to support him, helping him heal from his very public dismissal.

Jason became a huge viewer favorite during the chase to win DeAnna's heart, as fans rushed to e-mail him in droves in total sympathy to his plight. He still believes in destiny and that he can find love through "The Bachelor," as he discovered when he fell for DeAnna. His heart-warming story as a single father from Seattle with a three-year-old son, Ty - the apple of his eye - struck a chord with many women. Divorced two years ago, Jason would like to start another family, himself the middle son in a family of three boys. His older brother, Sean, is married with children. Jason currently lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty.

An account executive in estate and legacy planning, Jason is looking for a woman who has a real curiosity about the world, who loves life and can find passion in life's smallest moments. Open and honest, the good-looking and appealing Bachelor loves a variety of sports, including swimming, golf, basketball and football. In fact he used to be a golf professional at a local club. He has traveled all over Europe and continues to pursue his desire to see the world. In his spare time, he takes guitar and swing dance lessons. Perhaps not surprisingly, Jason is a "big brother" for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America. A philanthropist himself, he hopes to someday form and run his own children's charity.

A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Jason moved to Washington at the age of eight. He has a BA in psychology at the University of Washington.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »

The Bachelor returns January 5th, 2009 Promo

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:56:43 AM by marigold »

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
i saw the other day there is a utub out with jessy saying he and deeanna broke up??? :groan:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »
i saw the other day there is a utub out with jessy saying he and deeanna broke up??? :groan:

:hithere: Hi ya tory, I saw the video too

Jesse seem genuinely upset over the break up and how DeAnna came out with the news

Maybe Jason Mesnick will have better luck, his little boy is so cute

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 02:12:26 AM »

An interesting article:  The Incredible Hunk

American TV heart-throb Jason Mesnick is snapped in Queenstown Gardens this week filming scenes for a new series of the worldwide reality hit The Bachelor.

Mesnick shot to fame earlier this year when he reached the final of the ABC television dating game show The Bachelorette.

Millions of viewers were stunned when the handsome single dad’s emotional marriage proposal to the programme’s star DeAnna Pappas was spurned.

He was flooded with messages of support from an army of smitten female fans.

Account executive Mesnick, 32, proved so popular he was recently chosen to star in his own bid to find new love in The Bachelor - where he gets courted by 25 stunning female contestants and picks his potential partner.

During secret filming sessions in Queenstown, it’s believed Mesnick has been shooting scenes with the final three girls left in the show, which attracts up to 10 million viewers in the United States alone.

The results are due to be screened in the US in January.

The Bachelor screens on TV2 in NZ.

Link: http://www.scene.co.nz/12934a1.page

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 02:17:01 AM »
An interesting article:

The Next Bachelor: Will Jason Mesnick Break the Trend of Bachelor Breakups?

After Many Failed Relationships Resulting from ABC's: The Bachelor, Jason Looks to Be a Great Candidate for Marriage

In July of 2008, audiences were stunned to see The Bachelorette, DeAnna Pappas, turn down a proposal from sweet and caring dad Jason Mesnick and instead choose the fun-loving, easy-going Jesse Csincsak. However, many were NOT stunned to hear when this mis-matched couple broke-up in November 2008. DeAnna and Jesse's quick break-up was probably of little relief to Jason, who is still looking for love. Now, 4 months later, we're told it's Jason's turn to pick the girl as he returns for the 13th season of The Bachelor.

Premiering in 2002, The Bachelor is a reality show on ABC that takes one eligible man and gives him his pick of 25 women looking for love. In the beginning, the concept was to match an extremely handsome, rich and very eligible man, but the show has since expanded to include more "regular" guys. These regular guys, just like Jason, usually are rejects from

The Bachelorette, the spin-off show that has had 4 seasons. Jason has built up such a great fan base that ABC decided to give him a shot at love on his own terms. On the show, each week the playing field is narrowed down as the man must decide who he thinks he has a connection with and eliminate any girls where there is no spark. The girls all live in a luxury house together, enjoy lavish dates with the bachelor, and sometimes cause some drama when jealousy comes into the picture.

Currently The Bachelor doesn't have a good track record in making love matches as only 2 of the previous 12 bachelors are still considered "engaged". The first is season 6's Byron Velvick who reportedly is to get married in 2008, which doesn't seem likely as the year is nearly its final months. The second is season 7's Charlie O'Connell who broke up with his choice, but ultimately got back together. As you can see, none of the previous 12 bachelors are married yet, leading many to believe that you can't really find love on Reality TV.

This season could be very different, however, as Jason seems more like the marrying type. Jason Mesnick is an account executive by day, but a loving and caring single father to his young son by night. This divorced dad is looking for a love that will stick, and it's highly likely he will find it. With the added responsibility of a son, you can bet Jason isn't going to take this show lightly. Jason has the added advantage that he has previously been on The Bachelorette, and therefore the women who come on his season are already going to have a thing for him. So far season 1's bachelorette, Trista Rehn, is the first of either show to actually get married. With many ladies already falling for Jason Mesnick, will he be the second?

Link: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1222282/the_next_bachelor_will_jason_mesnick.html?page=1&cat=39

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 09:16:38 PM »

The Bachelor 13 ( Jason Mesnick ) Commercial

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »

The Bachelor 13

Projected Schedule:

January  5, 2009   Monday  8:00 - 10:00 pm Episode 1  Premiere
January 12, 2009  Monday  8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 2
January 19, 2009  Monday  8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 3
January 26, 2009  Monday  8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 4

February 2, 2009   Monday 8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 5
February 9, 2009   Monday 8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 6
February 16, 2009 Monday 8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 7
February 23, 2009 Monday 8:00 -   9:30 pm Episode 7.5  The Women Tell All

March 2, 2009        Monday   8:00 - 10:00 pm Episode 8  Finale
March 2, 2009        Monday 10:00 - 11:00 pm Episode 8.5  After The Final Rose

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 12:45:31 AM »
Filming for the newest edition of The Bachelor is now concluded and someone posted a bulletin on myspace that Jason did a local radio interview in Seattle and said that he is engaged, very much in love with his fiancee and the lady is moving to Seattle and she had a great connection with his son, Ty.

I think that's fantastic news and I can't wait to watch the season in January and it's premiering on my birthday!  :yess:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »

I think that is something they say every season

I know I wouldn't be watching with the same enthusiasm if they announced it's another one that failed  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:40:10 AM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 08:47:28 PM »

Now I'm hearing Jason had a tv interview with a local station who knows with rumors

Either way I'm surprised that someone from the larger media hasn't snagged an interview

Still can't wait for any information they can dish on him

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 10:39:39 AM »
Article from people.com

The Bachelor’s Jason Mesnick: ‘I’m Engaged!’

The new season of The Bachelor doesn’t begin airing until Jan. 5, but Jason Mesnick tells PEOPLE exclusively that he did find love on ABC’s reality dating series.

“I’m engaged!” Mesnick says. “I found exactly what I was hoping for, what I was looking for. I’m completely in love.”

Fans will be excited for the 32-year-old Seattle single dad, whose marriage proposal to DeAnna Pappas was thwarted in July on the season finale of The Bachelorette. Instead, Pappas chose professional snowboarder Jesse Csincsak.

“I really did fall in love with DeAnna,” he says, adding that when he heard she and Csincsak split in November, “I was shocked. I thought they were going to make it.”

An outpouring of support from fans and family helped convince the divorced Mesnick to take another chance at finding love in front of the cameras.

“I don’t want to be by myself,” Mesnick says. “I’m ready for a relationship and a family.”

That family includes Ty, Mesnick’s 3-year-old son from his first marriage. Mesnick says that the woman of his dreams has to understand that falling in love with him also means connecting with Ty.

“I was not looking for a mom,” he says. “I was looking for a partner for me and a mentor and a friend to Ty.”

Mission accomplished: Mesnick says he’s still in awe of how his life has changed in the past year. “I just really believed this can happen to me,” he says, smiling. “I cannot believe it’s this great!”

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »
An interesting article:

Bachelor's Jason Mesnick Gets Engaged!

Looks like Jason Mesnick found his happy ending this time around on The Bachelor.

The single dad - who was dumped by DeAnna Pappas during the final rose ceremony on The Bachelorette in July - gets engaged on the ABC reality show's upcoming season (premiering Jan. 5), a show rep confirms to Usmagazine.com.

Mesnick, 32, told Us he was heartbroken after Pappas rejected his proposal. "I haven't dated at all since DeAnna. I wanted to give myself the time to heal so that when I got out there again I was really ready to give whoever I am with the respect and total attention she deserves."

But he said he still had high hopes for finding love on the show.

"I am ready," he told Us. "I am through it and open to giving these girls everything I can to find the one that is right for me.

"All I am missing, really, is someone to share [my life] with," he added. "There's no guarantee...but 25 girls? I mean, it's a real opportunity to find just one."

Meanwhile, Pappas called off her engagement Nov. 3 with snowboarder Jesse Csincsak, whom she swore she "couldn't live without" on the finale episode.

"Although at the time, I believed that would be my happily ever after, unfortunately we have since gone our separate ways but still remain very good friends," she blogged in November

Link: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelor-jason-mesnick-gets-engaged

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

BACHELOR TELECONFERENCE CALL (12/17)

"THE BACHELOR" PRESS CALL, FEATURING JASON MESNICK

13TH Edition of ABC's Popular Romance Reality Series Premieres

Monday, January 5 with a Two-Hour Special

WHO: Jason Mesnick, 32, hopes the "third time is the charm," as the "Bachelor's" first-ever single dad begins his own bid for true love, searching for the one woman who will complete his family as wife and stepmother to his adorable son, Tyler.

Jason still believes in destiny and that he can find love through "The Bachelor," as he discovered when he fell for DeAnna Pappas on "The Bachelorette." His heart-warming story as a handsome single father from Seattle with a three-year-old son, Ty - the apple of his eye - resonated with many women. Jason would like to start another family, himself the middle son in a family of three boys. His older brother, Sean, is married with children. Jason currently lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty.

WHAT: An opportunity to interview Jason Mesnick - the first-ever single dad "Bachelor" -- in support of "The Bachelor," premiering with a two-hour special, MONDAY, JANUARY 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

THE BACHELOR SEASON PREMIERE (1/5/09)

SEASON PREMIERE

HE'S IN LOVE, HE PROPOSED, HE'S ENGAGED!

FAN FAVORITE JASON MESNICK, THE FIRST SINGLE DAD IN "BACHELOR" SERIES HISTORY, BEGINS HIS OWN SEARCH FOR LOVE WHEN  "THE BACHELOR" PREMIERES, MONDAY, JANUARY 5

This Season's Highlights Include a Backstage Visit to ABC's "General Hospital,"

Private Concerts by Robin Thicke and Kate Voegele and a Breathtaking Trip to New Zealand for the Seductive Overnight Dates and Emotional Finale

For the First Time Ever, the Women Vote on Who They Want to Leave the First Night

Jason Mesnick, 32, hopes the "third time is the charm," as the "Bachelor's" first-ever single dad begins his own bid for true love, searching for the one woman who will complete his family as wife and stepmother to his adorable son, Tyler, when the 13th edition of ABC's popular romance reality series, "The Bachelor," premieres with a two-hour special, MONDAY, JANUARY 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Millions of viewers were stunned when DeAnna Pappas rejected Jason's proposal, as he dropped to one knee to profess his love in the dramatic season finale of "The Bachelorette." Jason was left brokenhearted and wondering how he could have misjudged DeAnna's intentions, but his female fans, who suffered his emotional heartbreak with him, flocked to support him.

Jason still believes in destiny and that he can find love through "The Bachelor," as he discovered when he fell for DeAnna. His heart-warming story as a handsome single father from Seattle with a three-year-old son, Ty - the apple of his eye - resonated with many women. Jason would like to start another family, himself the middle son in a family of three boys. His older brother, Sean, is married with children. Jason currently lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty.

In this season's premiere, "Episode 1301," Jason returns to the same Los Angeles mansion where it all started for him with DeAnna. Twenty-five beautiful bachelorettes have traveled across the U.S. and around the world to meet him, each having seen him on "The Bachelorette," and are hoping that they will be the lucky woman to share a life with him. An adorable small town beauty, a big city sophisticate who is sick of the club scene and a swank jewelry designer are among the gorgeous, intelligent women hoping to find a new home in Seattle. All of the ladies are excited and anxious to meet the man they have long been dreaming about.

At the party, Jason is blown away as one stunning woman after another lets him know that he is the only man for her. One flirtatious brunette tries to prove that she is Jason's biggest fan by showing off her extensive knowledge of his life; another vivacious bachelorette reveals that she can assess a man based on the condiments he chooses for his hot dog and puts Jason immediately to the test; a school teacher admits she resigned from her job for the opportunity to meet the handsome single dad; and a sexy flight attendant leads a toast to DeAnna, thanking her for giving Jason the chance to be the Bachelor.

However, once Chris Harrison brings out the "first impression" rose, the competition intensifies. A Brazilian bombshell invites Jason for a sexy samba by the pool, only to have a girl-next-door type cut in and grab him for a jazzy slow dance, American style. A beautiful widow shares the story of her tragic past and a birthday gal thinks she is a lock for the rose.

The pressure mounts as the evening goes on and, in a stunning twist, each woman is asked to vote for the Bachelorette that she would like to see leave immediately! Some vote for the woman who they perceive as their biggest threat; others vote with Jason's best interest at heart. In the end, one woman is in for a shocking surprise. Finally, Jason must eliminate ten of the 25 women the first night, leaving 15 to compete for his affections, and in the end, his heart.

A list of the bachelorettes will be released shortly.

Romantic and adventurous dates will reach new heights this season, testing the ladies' perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw passions. Jason escorts one lucky bachelorette to the Walt Disney Music Hall for a private performance by R&B superstar Robin Thicke, and another woman goes up, up and away on a romantic ride over Los Angeles in a Goodyear blimp. Jason closes down Legoland California and treats one lady to a thrilling surprise, which leads to one of the most touching dates of the season. A million dollars worth of jewels awaits one woman, whom the Bachelor then whisks away on a private jet to Las Vegas for a panoramic helicopter ride over Red Rock Canyon, a cozy dinner and a private performance by pop singer Kate Voegele. Jason accompanies six women to an exclusive, behind-the-scenes date on the set of ABC's hit Emmy-winning daytime drama, "General Hospital," where the women learn techniques of screen kissing and get a chance to act out their secret fantasies with the Bachelor. The three final women are treated to a breathtaking, exotic trip to New Zealand for the sexy overnight dates, as well as the thrilling finale. However, someone from the Bachelor's past shows up for a shocking last minute, heart-to-heart talk with Jason before he makes his final, life-changing decision.

As in the past, women will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a woman should decide that she's no longer interested in the Bachelor, she can reject his invitation to continue dating. Some lucky women will meet his family, and he will visit their hometowns for a slice of their life in an effort to determine the woman with whom he is most compatible.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.

This episode of "The Bachelor" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 02:56:20 AM »

However, someone from the Bachelor's past shows up for a shocking last minute, heart-to-heart talk with Jason before he makes his final, life-changing decision.

:groan: Oh brother is that DeAnna coming back I hope not

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »
From usmagazine.com

Bachelor Host "Extremely Happy" for Engaged Jason Mesnick
Sunday December 14, 2008

Get ready to cry when The Bachelor's Jason Mesnick gets engaged during the final rose ceremony.

"I'm extremely happy for Jason and the woman he chose. It's a fantastic season that has an incredible finish," host Chris Harrison told Usmagazine.com Thursday. "There will be many tears shed as fans take this journey with us this season."

The single dad -- who was dumped by DeAnna Pappas on The Bachelorette finale in July -- gets engaged on the ABC reality show's upcoming season (premiering Jan. 5).

Mesnick, 32, was hesitant to start dating again after Pappas rejected his proposal.

Remember all these Bachelor splits?

"I haven't dated at all since DeAnna," a heartbroken Mesnick, 32, told Us in August. "I wanted to give myself the time to heal so that when I got out there again I was really ready to give whoever I am with the respect and total attention she deserves."

But he said he still had high hopes for finding love on the show.

"I am ready," he told Us. "I am through it and open to giving these girls everything I can to find the one that is right for me.

"All I am missing, really, is someone to share [my life] with," he added. "There's no guarantee...but 25 girls? I mean, it's a real opportunity to find just one."

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 06:52:56 PM »

Reminder:

The Bachelor Jason Mesnick conference call is tomorrow ( changed to 12:30 p.m., ET)

Look for plenty of news in the following days!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 01:01:47 AM »

However, someone from the Bachelor's past shows up for a shocking last minute, heart-to-heart talk with Jason before he makes his final, life-changing decision.

:groan: Oh brother is that DeAnna coming back I hope not

No, I don't think it's Deanna. I think it's Jesse. Jesse got dumped right before Jason's final rose ceremony so can you imagine all the drama right there...., I think this season will be the best one ever! I love Jason to death and truly want him to be happy and find his soulmate and make his family including his adorable son, Ty complete.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:59:18 PM by puddin »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE

FOUR SINGLE MOMS AMONG THE BACHELORETTES ON NEW SEASON OF ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

FOUR SINGLE MOMS MAKE "BACHELOR" HISTORY, AS JASON MESNICK BEGINS HIS SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL WOMAN
WHEN "THE BACHELOR" PREMIERES, MONDAY, JANUARY 5, ON ABC

For the first time ever in "Bachelor" history there will be single mothers in the hunt for the Bachelor. These great moms, who also juggle successful careers, will need to compete with 21 other stunners, including a Brazilian seductress who aggressively pursues the Bachelor, a woman who is one of Jason's biggest fans and thinks she knows him better than himself, a gorgeous pageant queen who can't wait for motherhood, a clever Canadian gal who wants to put Jason to an unusual test and a voluptuous free spirit who has her eye on Jason to fulfill her dream of a big, international-type family. They all have their sights set on moving to Seattle with the new Bachelor, Jason Mesnick, and his son, Tyler, when the 13th edition of ABC's popular romance reality series, "The Bachelor," premieres with a two-hour special, MONDAY, JANUARY 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Megan, Stacia, Stephanie and Treasure are the four single moms who are hoping the single dad and his son will complete their families. How will they shake up the chemistry of the group?

Jason, 32, an account executive in estate and legacy planning, meets 25 potential soul mates as he begins his exciting search for true love. In the premiere episode, "1301," Jason prepares for the night of his life, as the 25 beautiful bachelorettes, who can think of nothing but him, begin to arrive. Emily from Seattle tries to press her hometown advantage. Nikki, a statuesque brunette, wows Jason by telling him she only came "because it was you." Shannon admits she is Jason's biggest fan and her extensive knowledge of his life floors him. Jillian finds a new way to "grill" a guy when she discloses that she can find out a lot about a man from the condiments he puts on his hot dog and puts Jason to the test on the spot. Sharon admits that she quit her job as a school teacher for a chance to be with him, and Renee has already envisioned her happy future with Jason by creating a "vision board."

Tensions mount and sparks fly when the "first impression" rose is brought out by Chris Harrison. Raquel invites the Bachelor to join her in a seductive samba, but Molly, an all-American girl-next-door, steals him away for a hot slow jazz dance. Stephanie, a beautiful widow, reveals the tragic story of her past, while a self-assured Lauren is confident that the rose is hers.

But the claws really come out when the women are asked to vote for which Bachelorette they want to leave that night. What a shocker to start the season! Then Jason, in his first rose ceremony, must eliminate ten of the 25 women, leaving 15 to compete for his affection and, in the end, his heart.

The 25 women are:

Ann, 24, a flight attendant from Phoenix, AZ

Dominique, 26, a medical sales representative from Mt. Carmel, PA

Emily, 23, a casino marketing representative from Seattle, WA

Erica, 25, an account executive from Monroe, CT

Jackie, 26, a wedding coordinator from Dallas, TX

Jillian, 29, an interior designer from Peace River, Alberta, Canada

Julie, 26, a teacher from Columbus, OH

Kari, 27, an advertising executive from Lee's Summit, MO

Lauren, 27, a teacher from Malboro, NJ

Lisa, 27, a public relations associate from Boise, ID

Megan, 25, a single mom (son, Deacon, age one) and lacrosse coach from Sewickley, PA

Melissa, 25, a sales representative from Dallas, TX

Molly, 24, a department store buyer from Grand Rapids, MI

Naomi, 24, a flight attendant from Carlsbad, CA

Natalie, 27, a human resources associate from Morton, IL

Nicole, 25, a menswear buyer from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nikki, 29, an administrative assistant from Blue Island, IL

Raquel, 27, a medical student from Recife, Brazil

Renee, 36, a jewelry designer from Los Angeles, CA

Shannon, 29, a dental hygienist from Marshall, MO

Sharon, 32, a teacher from Batavia, NY

Shelby, 23, an account executive from Stockton, CA

Stacia, 24, a single mom (daughter, Grace, age three; son, Triston, age five) and a charity accountant from Orem, UT

Stephanie, 34, a single mom (daughter, Sophia, age four) and a medical marketing representative from Huntsville, AL

Treasure, 28, a single mom (daughter, Isabella, age six) and a nurse practitioner from Salt Lake City, UT

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are executive producers. "The Bachelor" is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »
An interesting article:

The Bachelor: Conference Call with Jason Mesnick

In just a few short weeks, fans of The Bachelor will tune in to watch Jason Mesnick get a second chance at love.  There isn't a fan of the show, or of The Bachelorette, out there who doesn't remember watching Mesnick's proposal to DeAnna Pappas get rejected on national television.  Now, he's in a much happier place and is even engaged to the woman that he chooses at the end of this season!  This week, ABC will be releasing the list of 25 women that will compete for Jason's heart and, in preparation for the premiere this January, Jason spoke to the press today in a conference call.  Read on to hear what he has to say about everything from involving his son on the show to televising his upcoming wedding.

On the decision to become The Bachelor...
"It wasn't an easy decision because my question was, 'How would this impact Tyler?' That was my first question. I talked to a therapist and a pediatrician and they said, 'He's going to be fine'. I just said, 'I'm not gonna go more than a week or so without seeing him.' I can't do that. The show was great and they gave me what I need. He was around when he needed to be and he was with his mom when he needed to."

On single mothers being on the show this season...
"Honestly, it doesn't make a difference either way. I would hope people would view me as a person, not just as a single dad. It didn't surprise me that there were single mothers but it didn't make me think one way or the other."

On his son being part of The Bachelor...
"He plays a very small part on the show. You'll see that, early on, if you see him, it's him and I. Just him and I."

On advice from his son...
"He's 3 so he lives a life day to day and has a great time no matter what he's doing. I don't know about any advice by word, but his advice by living is, 'Let's just live today'. When you're with a little guy, you know it's all about today."

On revealing the engagement...
"I just remember, in my opinion, how could I hold something like that back, when I'm as happy as I am? There's only certain things I can say with the show not even starting yet, but I just said to myself: 'This is me. I'm so excited and I'm so happy and I want everyone to know it.' There's no way I could hold that back."

On trying to find love on reality tv a second time...
"I just knew it was real. A real love experience for me. It's something you have to experience to really, truly know. If that didn't happen to me the first time, there's no way I would do it [a second time]."

On a tv wedding...
"I have not even thought about anything like that. My life is off of tv and I cannot even imagine that happening."

Link: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-conference-call-w-25305.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
The bachelorettes...

Ann
\

Dominique

Emily

Erica

Jackie