Author Topic: CBS Fantasy league  (Read 82179 times)

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: CBS Fantasy league
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »
Also junk filters are involved.  If you don't see your junk mail, you might not get the invite.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2008, 07:48:18 AM »
 :yess: I started a different Private Tribe and have been able to invite people to join it.  I don't know why it wouldn't let me before  :duno:

Anyway, how many people here are playing the CBS game . . .  I know some of us have more than 1 person playing "from their family".  Let's get this Private Tribe invasion of the CBS leaderboard started.  To start with if you or members of your family are playing and would like to be invited to join a tribe please post your (their) CBS username and score here.  I'll start with the ones I know:

surviiivor1  -  1391
bee1233    -  1480
geraldford11  -  1465
gavinator4 -  1448
geo1bar2  -   1441
tarpeach   -   1404
spoiledpeach  -  1332
rudaaay    -   1314
shanghilill  -   1297
peachbb    -   1284
If you're not on the list it means I didn't know your CBS username or I missed you in the list.  Please post your info.  Thank you!!!

If you haven't received an invite from me it probably means I don't have your email address.  If you would like to be invited to join please PM me the email address that is registered at CBS and the username it corresponds with.  By next week I hope we can take over several of the top spots on the leaderboard.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »
Here are scores finally:

And I did receive an invite, or one of me did...but it is strange? It is a notice from CBS that says:
You are invited to join my tribe. and gives a link which tells me to register? Do I have to register again?
And notice there is no info on who sent it either...

And peachbb isn't me....I forgot my name  from last year (never did find it)  :groan: and have no idea if that was it but that isn't me playing this time...I only have tar and spoiled fruits this time... :funny:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »
Hey peachy, you don't have to re-register at CBS to join the tribe you just have to click on the link and you should automatically be in.  The CBS email invites are really bad.  They don't tell the tribe name who who started the tribe or anything.  The bad part is there is a place on the form you fill out to invite people where you can compose a message to send . . . I did this and then it isn't included in the invitation.   :groan: CBS at work again!!!

I saw the peachbb and thought it might be you.  I have never heard of a tarpeach . . .

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
Well see if I am? Because it took me directly to the register for Fantasy place...

It was going to be TARpeach but they don't take capital letters, lol. And tarpeach (1404) is doing better than spoiledpeach (1332) so invite her too please? If you need more... :angel:

What's the name of your tribe?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:25:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
I just checked and you aren't on the list peachy  :duno:  Maybe you have to sign in when you get there, I'm not really sure what happened.  I found the re-register page you got.  You may need to try re-registering using the same UN and PW you are presently using if nothing else works.  I joined a Private from an email invite this morning and all I did was click on the link and I was in.  Is that the address you used when you registered your account at CBS? 

The tribe name is very original . . . Reality Fan Forum!!!  :neener:  so far I'm the only one in it.  I sent invites to you, geo1 and ruday this morning (I didn't have anyone else's emails or you would have been invited, I promise  :angel:) but so far no one has been able to join.  And now when I try to send invites through CBS I just get error messages  (:;)

and of course all the peaches are invited to join.  I don't have the other's email so if you wouldn't mind forwarding her an invite I'd really appreciate it   ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:15:55 PM by s1 »

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
I made it in the new private tribe.  Don't ask me how but second email from cbs worked. :conf:

Also peachbb is georgiapeach from chatway.  She is really nice.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
I have a clone?? :hearts:

And tarpeach is in too!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
 :res:  When is spoiled peach gonna join?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2008, 10:39:21 PM »
She hasn't gotten an invite yet...    :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
spoiled and tar were invited at the same time  :duno:  I PM'd you the email address the invite went to . . . if it's not there I don't know where it could be.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:42 PM »
That spoiled peach will be rotten before she gets to join, :lol:

No mail, no invite....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2008, 11:49:48 PM »
Fingers crossed but I think I'm in x2!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2008, 12:15:59 AM »
Sorry peachy, I goofed up and typed the tribe name incorrectly.  spoiled and tarpeach are on 2 separate teams and I don't think there is any way to fix it short of starting another new tribe and inviting everyone again.  I've about got CBS figured out . . . yes, I'm getting a headache . . . but here's how it works to start a new tribe:

before you start make sure you have the email address for everyone you want to invite.  And it can't be just any of their email addresses it has to be the one they used when they registered at CBS.  If it isn't the site will not let them join.  No way around it.

1. type in name of Private tribe
2. submit, then click on invite friends to join
3. either enter your username and password for you email account to use your address book to get the addresses of the people you want to invite  (I sent one to myself also just to make sure they had sent)  they also give you a box where you can type in addresses of people that you don't already have in your address book.

or

click on skip this step and manually type in everyone's email address that you want to invite separated by a ;

4.  enter your message in the message box.  I don't know why they have this option, whatever you type will not, I repeat - will not, be included in the invitations

5. submit, enter, whatever word they use, all your addresses.
6. the screen will go back to a page of the fantasy game site and leave you wondering if the invitations sent or not.  You don't get a confirmation of any type when you submit them. 
7. go to your email and check to see if you got an invitation

That's it.  If you start the tribe and come back later to invite people it won't let you.  If you forget someone, too bad, nope you can't go back and invite them.  and sometimes, sorry peachy, you invite someone and they don't get the invitation even though you sent it to the correct address.  I hope everyone else received their invitation and were able to join. 

If you don't remember what email you used to register at CBS PM me your CBS username and I think I can find it out for you.  I'm off to bed now.  Morning is going to come early and it's going to be a loooooonnnnnngggggg day.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
It will let you invite people later.  I did my address book ones first and later added the write in ones.  I think I figured it out because I'm technically challenged. I wasn't sure the proper process to do it.  Give it another try before black out period.  Good luck. :hosed

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »
Someone just invited me to join a Private Tribe.  I don't know who because CBS doesn't include that info in the invite.  Anyway, when I went to join the wrong link was in the invite.  Not your fault, it is CBS's.  It wasn't connected to a Private Tribe, it went to their register to play the game site.  I tried to join by filling out the registration page but it didn't work.

This is what it should look like:

You are invited to join my tribe.
http://www.cbs.com/community/manage/joinToInvitedTribe.html?uname=surviiivor1&t=3320&desturl=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/tribes.php?selection=tribes

This is what I received that is incorrect.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/register.php?selection=register&fuid=165648&t=2677

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:15:36 AM by s1 »

Offline geo1bar2

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I really do love Reality TV!
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »
s1 - That invite was probably from me.  What you received was an invite to the "Old Riii Players" private tribe.

Having been frustrated by the private tribes...heres a new public tribe...

RealityFanForum.com

currently shown on page 344 of the public tribes (with zero points).

It's a free for all, no passwords or invites required...Join if you're a hi-scoring RFF player, before it hits the leaderboard on Friday and a bunch of newbies sign up.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
Thanks for the invite geo, I would have loved to join up with the old iii'ers.  Is Media Scribe a member, I saw his name when I scrolled through the list last week.  Who else is there?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »
Or maybe I clicked something when I was trying to change the code, s1? (Highly likely, lol...)

I'm confused, why do we need a NEW public tribe? If we want to lead the board we can't have new non scorers joining, right? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline geo1bar2

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I really do love Reality TV!
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »
"why do we need a NEW public tribe"

All former public tribes that I have created, have been invaded by new players joining, and killing the tribes' average score.   Now that cBS has capped the max number of teams for a public tribe at 10, it just takes 10 or more high scoring teams working togther to create a leaderboard take-over.

If you've got a team or two in the top 100, consider joining the newly created RealityFanForum.com, so we can asemble a high scoring group of core players, who are in this (crazy demented) game for the long haul.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
peachy, the thought is that only 10 people can join a tribe now and have their scores count.  Not positive if that is how it works or not but if it is and we can get 10 high scorers signed up before the no shows find us we should do good.   If we have more than 1 private or public tribe that does good it just means we'll have more spots at the top of the leaderboard.  

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
okay, let me be sure both of me are top 100 and I'll go join. Are there enough of us though that I should just send the best of me? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
tarpeach is in!

okay spoiledpeach is #113 (poor thing--she only gets the left-over just in case options :lol:).

So I didn't join w/that alias...unless you need another person to make 10 so no one else can jump in? I can always unjoin later it looks like if you get a higher scorer. So tell me what you want... It won't hurt my/her feelings or anything :rotf:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:06 PM »
I joined too is that ok?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »
I joined too is that ok?

Of course it is! :hearts:  You are one of us now!
RFF's Golden Rule: