Author Topic: CBS Fantasy league  (Read 82084 times)

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CBS Fantasy league
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »
Hey Ruday, that's what I did but when I hit submit nothing happens.  My text just sits there in the comment box and nothing happens.  Oh well . . .

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »
I don't know, s1, but if it's any consolation, I got email from a cbs rep in response to several posts on the main board, including mine.  We all posted concerns & asked questions about this n' that on sept 23-24.

The response from Rep 'hppygolucky' is the last one on the page.  It sounds encouraging to me that cbs and this "intercessor" are trying to work out the Fantasy Survivor bugs.  hppygolucky sounds like a very concerned person to me & trying hard to help. 

See what you all think:
http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/18856.page

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
Re: changes being made, the rep included this:
"I'd advise anyone who stays permanently logged in to be sure and log out and back in again, in order to make sure the changes can occur."

I stay logged in all the time, unless cbs logs me out.  It hadn't dawned on me that logging in/out would help changes occur!

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
There's a bonus question up now   :waves:

Marcus refers to his alliance as

Possible answers:

The Misfits

The Onion Alliance

The Banana Republics

anyone know the answer..I missed that.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:04:36 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »
Sorry Lil, I missed it too!  :duno:  

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:10 AM »
There's a bonus question up now   :waves:

Marcus refers to his alliance as

Possible answers:

The Misfits

The Onion Alliance

The Banana Republics

anyone know the answer..I missed that.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/

They are the onion alliance.

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
Thanks Rud S1   :tup:
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
s1
They are the onion alliance.
Ohhh...now I remember them talking about the layers of the onion and comparing it to their alliance. 
Thanks for jogging my memory, s1! :hugs:

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
Still waiting for the scores from last night. Sure wish we could see how we stack up in the tribes though. Lots more folks in the RFF tribe. Good to see that. Anybody notice the CBS editing screwup? The fact that Randy and Ken were sitting on Confort reward BEFORE the reward challenge. Obviously that conversation took place after the RC but the edit was placed before the RC. DON'T FORGET :secret to make your team picks now. you can always alter them later.  :spy:
Surviv-a-holic
:)          }*

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
Info I found last night when I wasted way too much time on the CBS site.

How to earn points:
10 - Reads Tree Mail
12 - Cries
25 - Wins IC - Group
30 - Wins IC - Individual
10 - Wins RC - Group
20 - Wins RC - Individual
  3 - Jeff says name
30 - Uses a Sprint NOW Wireless Device
10 - Chosen to share in a Reward
15 - Given Immunity Idol by another survivor
30 - Bonus/Ponderosa question
-18 - Sent to Exile Island
-12 - Sits Out a challenge
-40 - Voted Out
-10 - Receives Medical Attention

You will notice there have been some changes this season!!!

Scores for our RFF Team - we are ranked #30 among Public Tribes.  Without the bottom 4 that I couldn't find scores for we would be ranked #3
6. geo1bar2          706
10. gavinator4       703
34. spoiledpeach   682
42. geraldford11    679
48. surviiivor1        674
57. tarpeach          667
92. rudaaay           653
191. mayamia        597
393. shanghilill       554
531. swksmason    535
569. corran1327     530
762. spookyb18      511
I finally gave up looking for these 4 after looking through the first 500 pages out of 3,307.  Did I mention how much I dislike the way CBS's site is set up this season  (:;)
jas13579
phoenix76jdg
otwell48
tlhcpa

Also the Survivor's scores have not been updated for week 2.  Our scores are updated but not the list of what the individual Survivors scored.  Typical  :groan:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 09:23:54 AM »
There has been a change to the site for the better.  Listed above your team picks now you will find your score!!!   :yess:
It's about time!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:23 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work, s1.  :tup:
 I know how you feel about wasting time at the cbs site.  I've spent considerable time there from before Survivor started just searching endlessly for stuff the rules state we're supposed to have and don't (or didn't?)  I"m going now to check again.   

Also, tried to register another me early in the week, but finally gave up.  Is it really worth it?  Nope.  I'm content to be just Rudaay and let the chips fall where they may!!

Thanks again!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »
You are correct Rudaay, at this stage of the game it isn't worth creating another identity to play with  :tup:  You'd be 2 weeks and 3 episodes behind in scoring so there's no way you could catch up to everyone else.  If you join a team with a new entry you'd just drag down their score because you'd be starting out 600-700 points behind the top scorers.  CBS isn't scored like FS so to have a chance at winning the whole shabang you have to play from the very beginning, never miss a week of making your picks and have a lot of luck on your side.

Rudaay, did you notice that you're only about 55 pts. from the #1 spot and we've got 7 people in the top 100  :yess:  This is a very good start to the season.

I have tried once again to post a comment at CBS for our team and can't.   :duno: I don't know what is blocking my effort but we are assuming it is something with the security on my computer.  I click Add Comment, type my comment and then hit submit.  Nothing happens.  I've tried hitting Add Comment after I type my message and still nothing.  Tomorrow I plan on trying from another computer.

Good Luck Everyone!!!  Don't forget to make your picks each week and let's take over the leaderboard  :jam:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »
s1
Rudaay, did you notice that you're only about 55 pts. from the #1 spot and we've got 7 people in the top 100    This is a very good start to the season.
Really??  Wow, I did not know that. 

Only thing I know is my Wk 2 pts dropped (from 407 in 26th place to 246, in 92nd place).  My overall score is 653.  Ohhh wait...I just did the math & realize you meant it's my overall score that's 55pts away from #1. Well cool that!!  :yess:  
And Big Congrats to the others in the Top 100! :jam:

Ok...what about our total RFF TRIBE score, which is only 521 pts? How is that number determined? ???  Dont' they add up each of our 17 members' scores??  Sorry, but I am lost w/ that.  Our TOTAL score should be in the thousands, not a measly 521!   Good that RFF is ranked #30...but why is the number of points so low?   I know I'm gonna feel duhhh...after you or someone explains it.  It's probably something I'm overlooking that's right in front of my nose!  :groan:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
s1
I have tried once again to post a comment at CBS for our team and can't.    I don't know what is blocking my effort but we are assuming it is something with the security on my computer.  I click Add Comment, type my comment and then hit submit.  Nothing happens.  I've tried hitting Add Comment after I type my message and still nothing.  Tomorrow I plan on trying from another computer.
Do you have your Security set on HIGH (in Tools/Internet Opts/Security)?
I keep mine on Medium High.  Using another comp might help and it's worth a try.  But if it is set on High Security, you'd probably have the same prob.

However, that may not be the prob.  Could be a typical CBS site glitch!  Have you contacted cbs via 'User Feedback'?  The tiny link is at the bottom of each page, which directs you to a form to fill out.  No guarantee you'll get an answer.  They say "they're not always able to provide a personal response."  Yet it might be worth a try if you still can't Send from the Game forum.   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 05:01:56 PM »
We still can't ASSIGN bonus points as it describes in the FAQs & the Official Rules:

"Pick four active Survivors to be on your team. Assign a Bonus Points category to each member of your team. Bonus Points are a special scoring opportunity in which you guess which category each of your Survivors might score points in (see How Do I Score Points? below). If you guess correctly when assigning these categories, you can score Big Points."

"How Do I Score Points?

"If any of the Survivors on your team do any of the following during an episode of the show, you score points. No points are awarded for flashbacks. You may assign Bonus Point categories each week to each of your Survivors. Watch the show and see what's happening. Here's how the points are scored:" blahblah

-------------
The Rules include the actions for bonus points, but there is absolutely NO link anywhere where you can ASSIGN actions to each member of your Team. 
I have not found it...IF it's there.  :duno:

Have any of you found a link for assigning Bonus Points?? ???

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »
s1
Rudaay, did you notice that you're only about 55 pts. from the #1 spot and we've got 7 people in the top 100    This is a very good start to the season.
Really??  Wow, I did not know that. 

Only thing I know is my Wk 2 pts dropped (from 407 in 26th place to 246, in 92nd place).  My overall score is 653.  Ohhh wait...I just did the math & realize you meant it's my overall score that's 55pts away from #1. Well cool that!!  :yess:  
And Big Congrats to the others in the Top 100! :jam:

Ok...what about our total RFF TRIBE score, which is only 521 pts? How is that number determined? ???  Dont' they add up each of our 17 members' scores??  Sorry, but I am lost w/ that.  Our TOTAL score should be in the thousands, not a measly 521!   Good that RFF is ranked #30...but why is the number of points so low?   I know I'm gonna feel duhhh...after you or someone explains it.  It's probably something I'm overlooking that's right in front of my nose!  :groan:

Our score is averaged so 521 is probably correct and a pretty good score.  To determine our score you add up the scores from all 17 members (should be somewhere around 8,850 pts.) and then divide that total by 17.   That's why it hurts a team so bad when anybody quits in the middle of the game  and doesn't leave the tribe or forgets to make picks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »
Well, something isn't right about that then. I know that last year there was something that said have you been invited to join a tribe and to enter the code or something?

With this system, what would prevent dishonorable people from joining a team and then not posting just to sabotage that team? ??? Seems strange...

Could we switch our tribe to private? Would that help??

And s1, PM me if you would like me to message CBS on your behalf, anytime! :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »
Well, something isn't right about that then. I know that last year there was something that said have you been invited to join a tribe and to enter the code or something?

With this system, what would prevent dishonorable people from joining a team and then not posting just to sabotage that team? ??? Seems strange...

Could we switch our tribe to private? Would that help??

And s1, PM me if you would like me to message CBS on your behalf, anytime! :kuss:

Thanks peachy, I appreciate the offer and if I can't post comments from the other computer I'n going to try later today I may take you up on it.

It would be really easy to sabotage a Public Team.  I set up our Public Team last minute just to see how many from here were playing.  I didn't really have time to check out the setup for the Private Teams this year at the time and didn't know if they were restricted to 8 players as in the past.  My thought was to start with a Public Team and see how many players we have that are serious about playing.  Then after a couple weeks we'll start several different RFF Private teams so we can take over most of the top spots on the leaderboard.    Has anyone checked out how the Private Teams are set up this season?  Is there a limit to how many people can join? 

Request of all RFF players - If your CBS username isn't the same as or similar to your RFF username please post in this thread who you are so we'll know how to PM each other with Private Team names and passwords.  Thank you!!!

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »
 Request of all RFF players - If your CBS username isn't the same as or similar to your RFF username please post in this thread who you are so we'll know how to PM each other with Private Team names and passwords.  Thank you!!!
[/quote]

I be gavinator4
Surviv-a-holic
:)          }*

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2008, 11:05:23 PM »
CBS, in their infinite wisdom, is giving us a running total of the survivor's scores, instead of what they score each week, to make it even harder to keep up with the scoring.   :groan:  Once you do the math here is what they scored for each week and their total score which is totally useless unless you pick the same 4 survivors each week which would really be totally stupid!!!  Okay, rant over . . . for now . . . I'm sure I'll have another . . . and probably in the near future . . . CBS does seem to have that effect on me as of late  (:;)

Ep.      1              2           Total

Ace          89           81           170
Bob        107          33           140
Charlie    83           18           101
Corinne   86           10             96
Crystal    15           77             92
Dan           3           74             77
GC           75           53           128
Gillian      35 XXXXXXX             35
Jacquie    83           -6             77
Sugar      83           36           119
Kelly        83            6              89
Ken         27           44             71
Marcus  128           52           180
Matty      28           65             93
Michelle    5 XXXXXXX               5
Paloma   87            -4             83
Randy       2           50             52
Susie      12           47             59

CBS week 2 Fab 4 = 297 pts.

Offline shanghilill

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2008, 08:15:49 PM »
 :waves: Howdy All, maybe we should post our picks or discuss what the best ones would be on QT like we do for Tribe Refaforu. May help bring the scores and team placement up..just an idea.

~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »
 :tup: Sounds like a good idea to me 'lill. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2008, 03:14:58 AM »
Yeah, sounds good to me too, lill.  :waves: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2008, 03:19:58 AM »

I be gavinator4

Me be rudaaay.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Rory. :tup:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:11:59 AM by RudyRules »