Author Topic: CBS Fantasy league  (Read 82070 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: CBS Fantasy league
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 05:01:35 PM »
Maybe we don't get to pick Bonus Point items for Week 1 b/c it's actually TWO eps.  
???  

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 05:10:08 PM »
RFF Survivor Fans tribe is on Pg 38 now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
I went from 38 to 75 and did not see an RFF Survivor Fans tribe--am I just having a really bad day? :lol:

This can't be good...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »
Apparently CBS has not heard of alphabetical order . . .  :groan:  It is soooooooo much easier to find the tribes at FS.  Wonder if CBS has ever thought about hiring a 14 year old to design their site  :funny:  It would have to be an improvement!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »
well I have 2 me's now--neither have any bonus picks and neither are on a tribe. Hope to be able to fix all that later!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 04:24:10 AM »
Cbs says I have 407pts, ranked #26.  But it shows our 7 member tribe has only 387pts!  :duno:  :groan:   Now figure that one out!  I could not find a score for our tribe on the page w/ our list of players. 

The site's interface is crazy. :crazy:  :pull

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »
 :tup:, While the site does have some flaws yet, I still see some new features I like,  :hearts: being able to see what all the survivor points scored were so we can see who is doing what is a nice plus and seeing what EVERYONE's score is also a nice feature. Not sire about the whole leagues thing though, I have 407 also and know others scored well but it does not reflect in tribe score. I did see that unlike past years you must pick your tribe anew. So don't forget that one. :umn:
Surviv-a-holic
:)          }*

Offline geo1bar2

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I really do love Reality TV!
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »
Welcome back for another season of Survivor.  Thursday nights just weren't the same.  I tried to exit the S17 games cold turkey" this year, but alas, just couldn't stay away from the easy-to-criticize cBS league.   

A couple of random thoughts: 

There are no longer bonus categories, as in year's past.  For now, you must answer the multiple choice question to receive a weekly "bonus".

Speaking of "weekly", it now seems manditory to reselect your team members each week.  I recommend choosing them early in the week, and switching later, closer to episode airing, based on spoilers.

The score on the tribal leaderboard must reflect the average score of all of the RFF tribe members. 

There is still no easy way to view one's own team score (except by executing a tedious page-by-page search to find yourself on the leaderboard), so keep your scores high enough to be easy to locate.

Good luck to all RFF players, and let's keep this thread alive.

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »
Another way to figure out your score each week is to keep track of which 4 players you pick.  I didn't write mine down because I figured it would work like last season and I'd keep the same 4 until I traded them.  I really can't remember who I picked and haven't had the time to go through all those pages to find out.  It will be at least a week before I get a chance to check it out and then the 2nd Ep. will have already aired so who knows haw that will effect things.  Oh well, congratulations to our high scorers and if anyone spots spoiler info that could help out the team keep us posted.

I saw were some had posted comments at CBS.  I have tried to post there several times and when I hit submit or post a comment nothing happens.   :umn: I consider myself to be of at least average intelligence and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong . . . any suggestions!!!

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »
Ep 1. Survivor Scores

Ace          89
Bob        107
Charlie    83
Corinne   86
Crystal    15
Dan           3
GC           75
Gillian      35   Ep. 2 voted out
Jacquie    83
Sugar      83
Kelly        83
Ken         27
Marcus  128
Matty      28
Michelle    5    Ep. 1 voted out
Paloma   87
Randy       2
Susie      12

Fab 4 team = 411 pts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »
Now if someone can explain to me one more time how to FIND our team, much less JOIN our team, I'd love to join, lol!

So no bonus stuff anymore? That was the fun part!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
:tup:, While the site does have some flaws yet, I still see some new features I like,  :hearts: being able to see what all the survivor points scored were so we can see who is doing what is a nice plus and seeing what EVERYONE's score is also a nice feature. Not sire about the whole leagues thing though, I have 407 also and know others scored well but it does not reflect in tribe score. I did see that unlike past years you must pick your tribe anew. So don't forget that one. :umn:
Yes, I agree Rory with all you said.  Also, I meant to mention last nite that we must pick a new tribe each week. 
In case I want to keep the same team, I'll make sure to jot down who I had the week before. I wasn't sure who my 4th one was for Wk 1!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 12:52:00 AM »
peach, did you join yet?  If not, I'll try to help.  Not sure if I remember, but will try.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »
peach, are you registered?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 02:50:07 AM »
"Both" of me played and are registered but I could NOT find our team...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 02:55:30 AM »
ok, hold on, I'll go look...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 02:59:38 AM »
I found me!!

I got 386 and 383 points...will that help??  Sounds like I might bring down the average, lol....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:15:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 03:19:50 AM »
Good deal, peach.  Yeah, it'll help!  Great scores!  :tup:
 You know how to get there, so I won't put all the stuff I was going to! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 03:53:41 AM »
What bugs me is where to find our TRUE TOTAL Tribe score.  That number cbs put beside RFF Survivor Fans is WRONG!   
I know we can report each of our scores here to find out, but it would be nice if our individual scores could be listed with our names under our Tribal Name at the game site.

If cbs is reading this, they're probably saying "Get used to it"!  :knuckles:
I suppose we should give'em credit for their efforts to format the game differently this time.  :angel:

:nitenite: 
Later.............

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »
Rudy--I found me but I STILL can't find RFF--can someone tell me exactly where to find the RFF team?  Thanks...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »
Hey peachy, I'd love to tell you exactly where to find our tribe but unfortunately CBS keeps moving it.  The only thing I can tell you is to click on tribes then go to Public Tribes and one by one go through each page looking for it.  Once you find it all you have to do is click next to it and it automatically puts you in. 

Ruday, our CBS score is probably correct.  They are most likely averaging scores this season, which is more fair.  Last season our scores were based on teams of 8.  They took all the scores and added them together and that was your team score.  This was fine as long as you had 8 on your team.  If you didn't there was no possible way to make the leaderboard.

I love that they show the survivors scores all in one place this season I just wish they'd give us a breakdown on how the points were scored.  I guess if they don't tell us "how" they scored the points we can't tell them when they get it wrong  ;)  That being said the rest of the new format truly sucks.  It's nearly impossible to find the tribe you want to join.  I haven't been able to find out what my score is without going through over 10,000 scores.  Why do they only put 5 scores visible at one time!!!  :groan:  They list Bonus points in the rules but so far they don't exist.   You can see who is on your tribe but not what everyone scores.  And unlike everyone else . . . I can't post comments . . . even for the tribe I started . . . that is just soooooo wrong on so many different levels   (:;) 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »
Well, making progress! :lol:

Found this:

page 4

#16    RFF Survivor Fans 342

BUT, clicking it did nothing that I could see...

Is there a place to click on the tribe, join it, see a list of the members, and their scores? Oh wait...I am talking about CBS :lol3:

I found it!! :hearts:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/more_tribes.php?t=724
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NAH

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 11:55:57 PM »
Cbs says I have 407pts, ranked #26.  But it shows our 7 member tribe has only 387pts!  :duno:  :groan:   Now figure that one out!  I could not find a score for our tribe on the page w/ our list of players. 

The site's interface is crazy. :crazy:  :pull
  How did you find out how many points you scored? When I log in it just has my answers from last week but doesn't show the answers? Is there a trick to this? This is my first time playing.  If anyone knows how to do this can you please share? Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »
Hi NAH and :welcome2:

I had the exact same problem!

Once you are logged in , be sure you are at Survivor>>Fantasy

That should take you here:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/?y=12&x=30

You will have to use the PAGE button (see where it says page 1?) to slowly make your way through the users until you find yourself.  This is certainly NOT an  easy way to manage things, CBS!

Hope that helped, took me forever. And when I log in, I don't have my answers.... :duno:

Could you give us the link to the page w/ your answers? Maybe I am missing something!

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 02:36:48 AM »
And unlike everyone else . . . I can't post comments . . . even for the tribe I started . . . that is just soooooo wrong on so many different levels   (:;) 
Go to the Tribes page where it lists the tribe members: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/fantasy/more_tribes.php?selection=tribes&t=724

Below & left of the tribe list hit the link called "Add a comment".
A comment box opens.  Hit Submit and your post should appear.
On the MAIN forum, I think it's a similar format.  I'll go ck....