Author Topic: EP1: 9/28 "Bees are Much Calmer than All This!"  (Read 68283 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1: 9/28 "Bees are Much Calmer than All This!"
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »
Thanks Puddin, I thought perhaps I missed it, and I didn't want that Canadian to get to large of a lead.
Would you like to run it mswood? thats if Cinera does not want to. I can't think of a better person to ask.

While I'm here

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2008/09/advance-look-at-season-premiere-of.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »
THE AMAZING RACE

CBS, 8pm et/pt (Sunday, Sept. 28)

By Susan Stewart

The real American pastime is competition. That’s why The Amazing Race is such an amazing show.
Race is emotionally engaging in a way that single skill-based reality shows like Project Runway and even American Idol can’t be. Race requires fitness, sure, but mostly it requires heart, persistence and teamwork.

Except for the cheating – always a highlight – this is a race, in the end, about character

Season 13’s first episode takes its 11 two-person teams from Los Angeles to Brazil in the usual tearing hurry. Along the way, a few teams make early impressions.

Chubby frat brothers Andrew and Dan (dumb and dumber?) are comic relief, especially when forced to climb 53 stone steps on all fours – twice. Ditto self-styled “southern belles” Marisa and Brooke. “We’re very classy,” Brooke says. Then she proves it, exclaiming, “I am about to pee in my pants!” when faced with a challenge.
So far, so good.

http://www.ontvonlinereviews.com/blog/2008/09/26/the-amazing-race/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »
Okay, who is now bummed that we aren't in HDTV after watching survivor?  Oh and do we have a game this season?

Who's bummed she doesn't even have HDTV? :meme  I feel a shopping spree coming on...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »
Thanks Puddin, I thought perhaps I missed it, and I didn't want that Canadian to get to large of a lead.

oh, it's ON  this season mswood. You're going down.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »
Would you like to run it mswood? thats if Cinera does not want to. I can't think of a better person to ask.

While I'm here

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2008/09/advance-look-at-season-premiere-of.html
IF, If Cinera doesn't want to or can't I could. 

I mean there are several pluses.

1.  One I can screw with Michael...
2.  Two I go out, being a winner.
3.  Three, refer to option 1.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2008, 02:33:57 PM »
no  cheating!  (:;)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »

While I'm here

1.  One I can screw with Michael...
Careful woody, I think that Michael might not be of age :flirt:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »

1.  One I can screw with Michael... throw Michael out of the game.
Fixed.  :lol: :lol:

You're a good man, Michael. I keed.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »
I stated about one month ago that I would decide who I am rooting for in AR13(not just epiisode 1 but the whole race). Unlike Michael, my record of wins is not zero (I got Uchenna and Joyce and BJ and Tyler right out of 12 races), so i will not be jinxing them by picking them. My choice is Nick and Starr Spangler. The are tough, fast, agile, and young. They make mistakes but should be able to recover to avoid elimination.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2008, 09:52:49 AM »
I like your choice apskip.  Off of what we know its who I think/ want to win.  I would also like to see the Mom/Son team do well.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »
My record of wins from favorite teams isn't zero -- I definitely picked Chip & Kim and Uchenna & Joyce as my favorite teams from their respective editions and may have picked the Linz Family from the Family Edition -- and my favorite team this time is Kelly & Christy.  I want an all-female team to win and this team has a better chance than Marissa & Brooke!

Belle Book

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
Kate O'Hare's Hot Cuppa TV

Kate O'Hare live blogs her advance copy!

LOTS of spoilers! :ascared  (I'm kinda surprised they let this much out pre-show...but who am I to complain? :lol3:)

We begin with, as ever, with America's favorite Kiwi, the lovely and talented Phil Keoghan (that man can rock a sweater -- or in this case, a snazzy black jacket -- like nobody's bidness).

Phil's on a skyscraper rooftop in Los Angeles. Wonder what the mortgage is on that thing. Phil's rockin' the brown leather; the contestants are motoring in classic cars to the L.A. Coliseum.

And here we go:

Mother and son Toni and Dallas, who are not from Dallas, but instead from Woodside, Calif. (Maybe if they were from Dallas, she'd have named him Fresno.) They make sammiches together.

Siblings Nick (actor) and Starr (cheerleader) from New York and Texas. Gosh, they're perky -- and they always get what they want. Could they then want a huge government housing bailout for Galveston? Even the Kuwait Times is concerned.

Separated Ken (ex-NFL, ex-cheater) and Tina, from Tampa, Fla., and San Diego, Calif.

Long-distance sweethearts Aja and Ty, from Los Angeles and Southfield, Mich. How will they deal with constant togetherness?

Pink-as-all-get-out Southern Belles Marisa and Brooke from Columbia, S.C. The gal pals are "very classy," and make cupcakes.

Phoenix frat brothers Andrew and Dan, grippin' those red plastic cups and eyein' the honeys.

Daters Stephanie and Anthony from Los Angeles. He's a mortgage broker. Boy, if he didn't win this, bet he's cranky now. She wants a ring. Good luck in this housing market.

Tie-dyed, hirsute-but-cute married beekeepers Anita and Arthur from Fall Creek, Oregon. The shirts are OK, but that Michael Jackson cap's an iffy choice, there, Art. Art chops wood; they have black-and-white dogs.

Blue-on-blue Kelly and Christy, Texas pals helping each other through bad breakups. They're both just 26.

Freshly minted daters Terence and Sarah from New York. She works on Wall Street. Yeepers. He's a faux-hawked free spirit, she's bespectacled and works her butt off.

San Diego comic-book geek pals Mark and Bill. Mark is the CFO of San Diego Comic-Con International. Don't forget to book now for 2009! Seriously. Do it. They play chess.

I think there should be some Vegas odds-makers working out whether people who dress alike win more often than those who don't. Just a suggestion.

You're going around the world -- but first you must run to the parking lot and try not to get lost on the way to LAX. (Hmmm, Coliseum,110 to the 10 to the 405, or the 110 to the 105? Number two would be my choice. Trust me, after getting to LAX from downtown, getting to Brazil will be the easy part.)

Oooh, Terence is taking surface streets. He's a native.

Hah, exit to the 105! I was right.

Just so you know, I don't plan to liveblog the boring highway and airport stuff (honestly, I've been known to fast-forward it all, and I may again). We'll catch up with our intrepid travelers in Brazil.

Brasilia! Take a taxi through Salvador, find a sandwich shop. Pretty airport, nice new taxis. Go, Brazil! No, cheated-on Tina, they don't speak Spanish in Brazil. Portuguese, my dear. Bet the tax driver heard that and now will go the long way.

Pretty city, but no sandwiches, just a clue for the geeks, who are wearing disturbing shades of orange. "Become a barista, old-school style." What is this, some kind of proto-Starbucks? Oh, you get to be a tippy cart vendor, which the geeks master in "a split second."

More with the Texas divorces and the matchy-matchy. Ooh, somebody speaks Portuguese? No, I'm not referring to Tina saying, "Yikey, schmikey." Oh, the carts are so cute, they have tiny big rigs on the front of them, so it's sort of like Cobblestone Street Truckers. Somebody wins and has a very good accent.

Starr gives huggies to the guy at the finish. Very nice, Starr. but Sarah plants one on the hot soldier.

Divorcees are confused. Mom and son are in red and lack sleeves. The frat guys and the beekeepers are stuffed in cabs. Pink Belles are worried about being in an unfamiliar airport in a foreign country. Um, what part of the briefing did you miss?

Stephanie of the L.A. Daters voices over about wanting money to get married and have kids. Did I mention that Anthony's a mortgage broker?

Baristas, round two, much like round one.

Baristas round three, mother and son lose it in the street. The frat guys don't hug the guy who gives the clue. He looks glad about that.

Go, go, go! Go, go, go! (Yeah, that always makes them go faster. Works about as well as "Stop, thief!")

Time for a nighttime picnic in the woods, and one of the girls starts macking on Dallas. Sarah yakks up the other teams, making Terence feel all alone. Poor Terence.

A bug! Dirty shoes! Eyebrow pencil!

More taxis, to a pretty church in a pretty square. There are places I may never want to visit after seeing them on this show, but so far Brazil is not one of them.

"You said go a million times." State the obvious, much?

Sarah regrets making the nice with Nick and Starr. Terence is antisocial. Poor Terence. Poor Sarah. Terence whines because Sarah runs faster. Did I mention that, along with being a faux-hawked free spirit, Terence is a running coach? Way to advertise the old fitness, there, Terence. Be nice, dude, she speaks Portuguese.

Pilgrimage up stairs on your knees, or climb 240 feet down a cargo net from an outdoor elevator. You decide.

Oops, Terence and Sarah. Down is popular for the moment. For heaven's sake, don't stand under the net without an umbrella, that's all I have to say.

Terence and Sarah start over. They're "spazzing." How do you say "no kidding" in Portuguese?

Pit stop at the battlement -- no pirates allowed.

They're at the docks! They go to the docks in reality shows, too. Can a warehouse be far behind?

Phil welcomes team number one, and they win a romantic trip. Not sure if a romantic trip is appropriate here. Hi, Travelocity gnome! (I held one at "Amazing Race" HQ. Pretty cute -- and kinda heavy.)

Sarah shows off that fancy accent again.

The second wave arrives -- and down is still more popular...except with the frat boys.

Geeks rejoice; frats climb;, drummers drumming; watchers watching, Spider-women descending; drummers drumming; climbing, ripping, drumming; Pinks may pee; drumming; happy mom; sad frats.

Beekeepers hold hands. Sweet.

Frats go for two; Phil makes blues happy; down, down, don't look down; long silver hair blowin' in the wind; more drumming, more ripping, more beekeeper love; Pinks didn't pee; it's an elimination round!

Up, kiss, down, drum, up...how many? Yes!

Applause! Slurp, run, taxi; puzzled Pinks realize this isn't America (again, what part of the briefing did you miss?). Back to the docks; Phil double-teams it.

Trudge; cross; cross the water; run, trudge; tired but happy.

We're here! But, you've been Philiminated! Phil has the sad face on, but it's OK. Awww.

Next week...geeks want charity, and an alliance goes pear-shaped. "They didn't even say hi to us!"

http://blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/2008/09/the-amazing-rac.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »
haha was great to read peach! I only want to watch it now so much more!!
Someone makes out with Dallas!? OMG!
The trip! I have the trip to Rio somewhere .. brb

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »

Winners of Amazing Race wins stay in the Intercontinental River 29/April/2008

Winners of reality American show commemorate in the Carioca Carnival Winners of American reality carnival show celebrating the Reality show Amazing Race 13 starts to be recorded this month for the American net of TV CBS. The reality show Amazing Race 13 begins you be recorded this month by the American TV network CBS. In the end of this season, the winners, besides taking U$ 1 million, still gain of the Intercontinental Hotel River, in Are Conrado, seven nights in a suíte of luxury, in the next Carioca Carnival, with right the stroll and diving in the Archipelago of the Cagarras. At the end of this season, the winners, and bring $ 1 million, still win the Intercontinental Hotel River, in Is Conrado, seven nights in the carnival suite of luxury in the next, with the right you walk and diving in the archipelago of Cagarras.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »
Phil welcomes team number one, and they win a romantic trip. Not sure if a romantic trip is appropriate here. Hi, Travelocity gnome! (I held one at "Amazing Race" HQ. Pretty cute -- and kinda heavy.)

I'll take Dan and Andrew for the win, this to from their reactions arriving at the pitstop :word:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
So romantic trip NOT appropriate could be:
F/F
Mom/son
Fighting couple
Geeks
Frats
Bro/Sis

Heee...take your pic!

And hopefully by macking she only meant flirting! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »
sandwich shop per Boingo!
  :jumpy:  Yay!...I knew Matts sandwich shop would be useful.   :lol:

heres a view of the street from the opposite direction...looks like they normally have street vendors there...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:31:33 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »
Puddin, I don't think the Frats come in first based on that thing peach posted, see, if it's written in any form of chronological order:

The second wave arrives -- and down is still more popular...except with the frat boys.

Geeks rejoice; frats climb;, drummers drumming; watchers watching, Spider-women descending; drummers drumming; climbing, ripping, drumming; Pinks may pee; drumming; happy mom; sad frats.

Frats go for two; Phil makes blues happy; down, down, don't look down; long silver hair blowin' in the wind; more drumming, more ripping, more beekeeper love; Pinks didn't pee; it's an elimination round!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »
I agree Michael, they aren't in the first wave...

I'll bet they are just happy to be there! :happy:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:26:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
yup, I'd be happy to to survive the first leg and avoid the first elimination!
guys I'm so excited!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »
next day church in the square

:jumpy:  Looks like the picasa pictures of the cluebox in Brazil are actually near the Sao Francisco Church along Ladeira de Carmo in Salvador (Bahia) Brazil.

Note baroque blue/white building in background with fancy pointy things on roof.  Cluebox is to the left of the church front (not seen very well in pictures).

Edited to Add:
A Igreja de São Francisco (The Church of Saint Francis) and its attached convent are up the cobbled streets and to the left at the far side of the Terreio de Jesus, standing at the end of an adjacent square (Praça Anchieta), beyond a large stone cross.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
Puddin, I don't think the Frats come in first based on that thing peach posted, see, if it's written in any form of chronological order:

Well I don't care whos first! Maybe we actually will be surprised as in not spoiled, lol

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »
i know that's why i'm so excited puddin ! :D

it's better sometimes being surprised  :jam: :jam: (at least for the first episode, then after that I become obsessed and wish for my favorite team every week)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
Sounds like it might be Sarah and Terence first? I Dunno :D ?
Maybe Mark & Bill? *hee!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:35:08 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2008, 10:35:05 PM »
Oooh, Terence is taking surface streets. He's a native.
It's true that Terence knows the area (see the first sentence here), but unless the freeways were jammed solid I'd question that choice. Both Google and Maquest provided the same street route: west on MLK, through Baldwin Hills and down La Cienega. Personally, I'd hang a right at Pann's and use La Tijera, making it a little easier to return the provided car, but...it may work out for him (I'll know tomorrow  :tup:).