Author Topic: The Biggest Loser Season 6  (Read 91239 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Biggest Loser Season 6
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »

'THE BIGGEST LOSER' HITS A THREE-YEAR SLOT HIGH FOR ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMMING

NBC Press Release

'BIGGEST LOSER 6' FINALE IS THE #1 SHOW OF THE NIGHT IN ADULTS 18-49

'LOSER' WINS ITS TWO-HOUR SLOT IN ADULTS, MEN AND WOMEN 18-49 AND ADULTS, MEN AND WOMEN 18-34

'LOSER' GAINS 44 PERCENT IN 18-49 AND 33 PERCENT IN TOTAL VIEWERS FROM ITS FIRST TO ITS FOURTH HALF-HOUR

'MOMMA'S BOYS' PREVIEW RANKS #1 AT 10 P.M. IN ADULTS, MEN AND WOMEN 18-34

The finale of "The Biggest Loser 6" last night gave NBC its highest 18-49 rating with entertainment programming in its Tuesday time period in three years, winning its slot in adults 18-49 and other key measures, according to "fast affiliate-based" "live plus same day" viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research.

Last night from 8-10 p.m. ET, the finale of "The Biggest Loser 6" (4.5 rating, 12 share in adults 18-49, 11.7 million viewers overall) delivered NBC's highest 18-49 rating in this time period with entertainment programming since November 29, 2005 and the network's biggest overall viewership in the slot with entertainment programming since August 21, 2007.

"The Biggest Loser" was the #1 program on the broadcast networks last night in primetime's key demographic of adults 18-49. It ranked #1 from 8-10 p.m. in adults 18-49 and other key measures, including adults, men and women 18-34 and men and women 18-49, against competition that included first-run episodes of CBS's "NCIS" and "The Mentalist" and ABC's encore telecast of the holiday special "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

The finale of "The Biggest Loser 6" generated the series' biggest overall viewership since the finale of "The Biggest Loser 3" on December 13, 2006 and the show's highest 18-49 rating since the finale of "The Biggest Loser 4" on December 18, 2007. Versus the most recent "Biggest Loser 5" finale on April 15, last night's telecast increased by 2 percent in both 18-49 rating (4.5 vs. 4.4) and total viewers (11.7 million vs. 11.4 million), pending updates.

From its first half-hour to its fourth, "Biggest Loser" increased by 44 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 5.2/13 from a 3.6/10) and by 33 percent or 3.2 million persons in total viewers (to 13.0 million from 9.8 million).

At 10 p.m. ET, a preview telecast of the new series "Momma's Boys" (2.5/7 in 18-49, 6.1 million viewers overall) ranked #1 among the broadcast networks in adults, men and women 18-34 and #2 in adults, men and women 18-49. "Momma's Boys" will make its Monday debut on December 22.

Preliminary 18-49 averages for Tuesday night are: NBC and CBS, 3.8/10; Fox, 2.2/6; ABC, 2.0/5; CW, 0.4/1. In overall total viewers, December 16 preliminary results are: CBS, 17.9 million; NBC, 9.8 million; ABC, 6.0 million; Fox, 5.6 million; CW, 1.1 million. The 3.8 rating in adults 18-49 is NBC's highest nightlong Tuesday average, excluding news and sports coverage, since April 15.

Note that all national ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »

MICHELLE AGUILAR FROM FT. WORTH, TEXAS WINS NBC'S 'THE BIGGEST LOSER: FAMILIES' – AND $250,000 – AT LAST NIGHT'S LIVE SEASON FINALE

NBC Press Release

Plus, Raleigh, North Carolina's Heba Salama Wins the "At-Home" Prize of $100,000 Among Eliminated Contestants

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – December 17, 2008 – Michelle Aguilar, a 27-year-old assistant director from Ft. Worth, Texas, became the second female "Biggest Loser" in the series' six-year history when she won NBC's "The Biggest Loser: Families" and $250,000 at the live season finale of the hit series. Michelle lost 110 lbs. and 45.45% of her body weight to claim the prize. She started the show at 242 lbs. and ended weighing just 132 lbs.

Michelle, who was on trainer Jillian Michaels' black team, came on "The Biggest Loser: Families" with her mother, Renee Wilson, who started the show at 267 lbs. and weighed 161 lbs. at finale, losing 106 lbs. and 39.70% of her body weight. Michelle and Renee had been estranged for almost six years before coming on the show.

Michelle and Vicky Vilcan (Houma, LA), who was on trainer Bob Harper's blue team, were two of the finalists, and America voted to determine who would be the third finalist. In the first part of the live finale, viewers learned that Ed Brantley, a 31-year-old chef from Raleigh, NC had beaten his wife, Heba Salama, to win a spot in the finals. Both Ed and Heba were on Bob Harper's blue team.

The runner up among the three finalists was Ed, who started the show weighing 335 lbs. and weighed 196 lbs. at finale. He lost 139 lbs. and 41.49% of his body weight. Coming in third place was Vicky, who lost 101 lbs. and 41.06% of her body weight. She began the show at 246 lbs. and weighed only 145 lbs. at finale.

The winner of this season's $100,000 "at home" prize among eliminated contestants went to Heba, a 30-year-old from Raleigh, NC who works in pharmaceutical sales. Heba lost 138 lbs. and 46.94% of her body weight. She started the show as the heaviest female contestant at 294 lbs. and weighed 156 lbs. at finale.

From 8-10 p.m., the finale of "The Biggest Loser: Families" (4.5 rating, 12 share in adults 18-49, 11.7 million viewers overall) delivered NBC's highest 18-49 rating for entertainment programming in the time period in three years (since November 29, 2005) and the biggest overall audience for NBC entertainment programming in the slot since August 21, 2007. "The Biggest Loser: Families" won its time period in adults 18-49, beating competition that included CBS's "NCIS" and "The Mentalist" and ABC's encore of "A Charlie Brown Christmas." The finale generated the show's biggest overall audience since the finale of "The Biggest Loser" season 3 on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2006 and the show's highest adult 18-49 rating since the finale of "The Biggest Loser" season 4 from 9-11 p.m. on December 18, 2007.

"The Biggest Loser: Couples," the next season of the hit weight loss series, will premiere Tuesday, January 6 (8-10 p.m. ET) on NBC.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
An interesting article:  pffft :cmas11

Biggest Loser’s Vicky Says She Was Misunderstood

Vicky Vilcan, a nurse from Louisiana, went from 246 lbs. to 145 lbs. on The Biggest Loser: Families, but dropping 41.06 per cent of her body weight wasn’t enough to win the competition. The Biggest Loser title — and the $250,000 prize — went to Michelle Aguilar, a fan favorite, who lost 110 lbs., or 45.45 per cent of her body weight. Although Vicky says she’s still a winner, she also admits she is “so relieved that this show is over.” In fact, Vilcan says, “the show airing has not been kind to myself and my family.” In an interview at the show’s finale Tuesday, Vilcan talked to PEOPLE about being misunderstood on Biggest Loser, what you didn’t see on the show and how she’ll maintain her weight-loss during the holidays.

Does America have the right perception of Vicky?
America has the absolute correct perception. If I was one of those reality TV people like I was before I got on this show, I’d hate myself too. But they’ve been given the wrong picture. They’ve been given a one-sided story and they have made a judgment based on that.

Why is that?
It’s both the editing and the game playing. I never lied to anybody. I never smiled when people got on the scale and gained weight. I’m a nurse and I’m kind. Even when I voted Amy off, there were no vindictive feelings because she was one of my best friends there. I was mad when she voted Brady off but everybody is human and everybody gets angry but we had made up. There were just a lot of things that were one-sided that America didn’t get to see.

What’s something that you wish they would have aired?
I wish that America did see exactly how injured I was. And how I would wake up when everybody was sleeping and work out. And how I would swim four hours a day. I don’t think they ever did show me swim one time on the show. I’m a working mom and I managed to fit it all in and I think that should inspire working women everywhere.

How are you going to maintain your weight-loss?
I workout an hour every morning and an hour every evening after the kids are asleep. It’s very manageable for me and it empowers me and it gives me confidence.

Any plans to splurge on a big meal now that the show is over?
Christmas is coming up so I think I’m going to wait until then. At work, everybody is going to bring in a dish and I’m very excited to taste a little of everybody’s food.

Link: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/12/17/biggest-losers-vicky-says-she-was-misunderstood/#more-6887

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2008, 03:55:49 PM »

Biggest Loser 6 Winner - Michelle Answers Some Questions

Congratulations to Michelle!!!
The Biggest Loser Families winner!
We got a chance to ask her a couple questions you all wanted to know at the finale, check it out!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

Alison Sweeney's Blog:

What an amazing finish. Everyone looked so fantastic last night, didn’t they? I was really touched by Jerry’s journey, and how he’s regained his health. He was really affected by Dr. H’s words, and the truth is, it’s all due to his own hard work and commitment. It was also so moving to see how Coleen reacted to hearing the news about her dad. From day 1 on campus, she talked a lot about how concerned she was for him, and now look at them both – that’s what I love about this show!

I have to admit, I was pretty shocked by America voting over 83% for Ed. In retrospect, I get it, but I just didn’t realize it would be such a landslide. The fans certainly made their voices heard. Wow. And ultimately, that’s why I think America selecting the 3rd finalist is so interesting. So unpredictable. Interesting side note, if Heba had won the vote and been the 3rd finalist, she would have won the title and the grand prize. She had the highest % of weight loss of everyone this season.

I love Bob & Jill. they are so incredible, and so supportive of their peeps. I love how positive and inspiring they are every single day.
We were all in rehearsals for last night’s show all day on Monday and Tuesday. It was so fun spending time with the eliminated contestants. Amy & Shellay and Phil & Amy were so sweet about my belly. When they all last saw me, I had only just announced I was pregnant. Now, I’m only 4 weeks away. (eek!) I was just blown away by how incredible everyone looked – they all talked to me about their new lifestyles, and how they were going to maintain their new found bodies and more importantly, health. And it was fun to see all the previous contestants in the audience, so happy to be there instead of getting on that scale! :) And they all look great too! Bernie, Brittany, Dan, Jackie, Ali & Betty Sue from Season 5, and Hollie, Jim, Bill and Julie from Season 4 were all there. Like a high school reunion! Everyone was so happy to see each other, catch up on what they’ve all been up to. And again, they all are so hot! And I think it helps, for all of the current contestants to talk to them, hear their stories.

Michelle, Vicky and Ed all looked so fantastic. And wow – did Michelle bring down the house when she stepped on that scale or what? The audience was definitely in her corner. She’s been through so much, and as she said, when she stopped looking for excuses, and reasons to quit, she opened herself up to a new experience, change, and look where it got her! $250,000 richer, and the title of Biggest Loser!!! I can only imagine that when she started the show with her mom back in May, she never thought she’d end up the winner!

p.s. Sorry it took me so long to post, I was at Days, shooting 4 episodes this morning to accommodate my maternity leave. whew - I am so wiped out! :)

Link: http://blog.nbc.com/alison/the_biggest_loser/

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
Congratulations Michelle ....... I am soo happy that she won.

Congratulations to everyone and their weight loss....

Only disappointment.......I wanted Amy to win the $100,000

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »
I was shocked at how good most of them looked.  They really took it seriously this season.  Did you hear David Cook's song played?  I wanted the family with the autistic child to win the $100,000 because it is such a long and emotional ride ahead of them.  :xmas110

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:04 AM »
An interview with Ed:

Biggest Loser: Families Runner-up Ed Brantley

You look great, how does it feel to hear that?
It's amazing. Heba and I worked so hard to get where we are. The proof is in the physique and we are tough now.

When you two look at each other now, do you have to stop and pinch each other at how much you achieved?
Honestly, when I see those fat pictures now I just say how the heck did I let it get to that point. I think it it was a state of denial and I just didn't realize how far gone I was. I felt like my eating habits were a direct result of my sense of entitlement to myself after working so hard all day, I thought I deserved to eat four cheeseburgers if I wanted. Those were the first steps in the wrong direction to a serious food addiction and being 335 pounds on the way to 400 pounds.

Was there a moment where you thought, what took me so long to do something about this?
It was probably the third day on the ranch. Bob was tearing us up and I was looking at these older couples and they were doing better in the workouts. They were 10 years older than me. How could that be? At that point I realized it was my fault and partly my fault Heba was the way she was. I let my guard down and enabled her also.

You didn't win the big prize, but you won in so many other ways, are you okay with that?
It's fine. The biggest prize was going through this thing from beginning to end. I did check out for about a month but I kicked butt and got back up there. I knew I needed to be there for Heba and she needed me there as her rock. For us to leave the ranch together, no one has ever done that, so we are thankful for that.

How intense did you work to get to where you are tonight?
You wouldn't believe the crazy stuff we did. I just started running like Forrest Gump, I got home and said, "I gotta run!" That was the hardest thing for me to do and it wasn't just the physical part, there was a mental barrier in my mind. Running was the dumbest thing I ever heard, who does that? But once I ran five miles without stopping, I was like - "I'm a runner." That was the key to my success - eight to 10 miles a day. I love it. Now I start my day with a run, do about an hour of weights a day and then end the day with run.

What's the secret to not eating the food you cook at work?
It's hard when you are a foodie and addicted to food. But it's like any addiction and there will always be temptation. I am not at a point where I'd deprive myself but I am not going to binge eat or give myself that sense of entitlement I had. Also writing down all my recipes helped - I don't have to taste them again.

How proud are you of Heba's win?
I was so excited to hear it. It was such a crushing blow at the beginning of the night to hear America didn't care what you thought and is going to do what they want. It's shocking, but it's a free country and while I love America I do have an RV and we may go to Canada, they might like us more up there.

So what's next - the family you wanted to start?
We are going to take it day by day. We are ready to start a family, maybe not today or tomorrow, though we might practice tonight, to make sure we are doing it right [laughs] but one day at a time. Hopefully, we'll have a kid in the works pretty soon.

Any advice for someone thinking of doing the show?
If you are thinking of doing the show that means you need to get up and start doing something about it now.

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2008/12/biggest_loser_familiesrunnerup.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »
An interview with Heba:

"I have changed my life and am now basically addicted to exercise"

Winner Home Challenge on The Biggest Loser Families

Congratulations, you must feel pretty good right now?
I feel great - amazing - I am in shock and very proud.

How hard is it to take the lead spot from someone who just weighed in and worked so hard?
It's a game and it comes down to I had a lot of weight to loose and America put me in that position so I had to win wherever I was placed and I would have won either, so I am happy to be here.

How great is it to hear people say you look so good?
It feels great and all that hard work that lead up to this - it feels amazing.

Whose appearance surprised you the most when you saw them tonight?
Probably Amy P. She's a size 2! It's just incredible.

After leaving the ranch how hard was it to keep the regime going?
My husband Ed and I had stopped working and put everything into this so we were just 100 percent focused on the competition.

How proud are you of him coming in second?
Amazingly proud. He did a great job. I wouldn't have wanted to do this alone. We needed to do it together.

How are you going to ensure you never go back to your old weight?
I threw the old clothes away. I have changed my life and am now basically addicted to exercise so it's going to be easy for me to maintain.

Think carefully before going on reality TV (laughs). But if you have the opportunity to train with Bob and Jillian go for it. I have no regrets.

What will you do with you $100,000 prize money?
Save it, the economy sucks right now.

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2008/12/biggest_loser_familiesi_have_c.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »
An interview with Vicky the Vile:

"I swear I am not evil! I am a good person just like everyone else"

Biggest Loser Families Third Place

Are you bummed you didn't win?
No I feel fantastic. I absolutely knew I had lost the show at week seven when I knew I'd only lost 2 pounds in two months.

So how hard did you have to work to get to this point tonight?
Until about week seven, when I was falling apart because I was missing my kids and hadn't been to a soccer game or done anything with them, then something just changed. Talking to Phillip and telling me to live in the moment, I wasn't doing that, I was always guilty and feeling all these feelings... I needed to get my life straight, so that is what I did. I cut out working out six hours a day. Now I work out once in the morning and once in the evening. I don't miss soccer games and my kids get my undivided attention. That has made me a winner where it counts. Sometimes we can't have it all and you have to find a balance and that is what I did.

Don't do it! Don't do it. Don't sign your life away and have people change your intentions. You have the power to do it on your own within you, you just have to believe in yourself. I am ashamed that it took me putting myself in this situation and having people change my intention and changed things around that made me believe in myself.

So you think you were not represented fairly on the show?
I said the things I said and did the things I did, but there are two sides to every story and sometimes people are provoked and they don't show the true things that happened. Words were changed and facial expressions were changed, unfortunately. I don't think America has the right impression of me. I am not evil, I am not hateful, I am a nurse and I love my kids.

So what would you say to America?
I swear I am not evil! I am a good person just like everyone else.

Are you getting compliments on the street from people?
Actually, no - most people come up and say I was really mean to Phillip. I had to change my home phone number as people were calling me at all hours of the night. I take calls at the hospital so I had to keep answering the phone every time they called. I get hate mail on a daily basis so this hasn't been an overall positive experience for my family and children. There are positive things that have happened but not the show part. It's crazy. You are watching yourself on TV and saying, "I didn't say that." They cut the ends of conversations off. I actually kept my hair red because everyone wanted me to go back to my blond highlights but I wasn't changing my hair until after the show, that way I hope no one recognizes me.

Whose appearance surprised you most tonight?
Heba! She's awesome and Ed I never thought he could lose that much weight.

And the magic figure for you was 101 pounds - amazing.
I know and all I wanted this week was to just lose a total of 100. I was about 5 pounds away from that all week, so when I saw 101 - I was like YAY!

What are you going to do to make sure you never go back to your old weight?
For me it's working out - everyday. And watching my food and counting calories. I am a big numbers girl and my weight has fluctuated, but I know the odds are against me but I know that in my head now and I'll use that to work hard. I look at my two kids everyday and they keep me on track.

What do they think of the new mom?
They love it. My littlest boy hugged me the other day and said, "Mama, you are too boney." He used to say I need to loose my belly - now I am too boney.

Do you feel like you have inspired people?
No, not too many because of the way I was portrayed - but I had one lady at the gym tell me that I did, so I hope somewhere I did. I like to pay it forward and I was blessed to be trained by Bob and have him show me how to change my life.

Link: http://www.intouchweekly.com/2008/12/biggest_loser_familiesi_swear.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
An interview with Michelle:

Michelle Aguilar talks about her 'The Biggest Loser: Families' win

Michelle Aguilar didn't want to count her chickens before they hatched, but she had a good feeling.

As the third and last finalist to weigh in on The Biggest Loser: Families' scale during Tuesday's season finale of the NBC reality weight-loss show, The 26-year-old assistant director from Ft. Worth, TX was aware that she needed to lose more than 100 pounds to win the competition.

However, Aguilar told Reality TV World in a media conference call the day after her victory that she was optimistic that she had shed more than enough weight to win.

"I know that my scale at home told me [that] I had enough, but The Biggest Loser scale's a little bit different and I didn't know how accurate mine would be," Aguilar told Reality TV World." I was trying to hold back, and yet still be very excited. [But] I knew I was going to be very close to winning the whole thing."

Aguilar did lose enough weight to claim the show's $250,000 grand prize, dropping 132 pounds for a 45.45% weight-loss percentage after starting the competition at 242 pounds. While she told Reality TV World that she had been confident that her physical strength would keep her in the running to win, Aguilar said that it was mastering the mental aspects of her workout routine that had been her bigger concern since she left The Biggest Loser ranch to workout at home.

"I obviously knew I was strong enough and had improved a lot in myself already. It was whether or not I thought I was strong enough," Aguilar told Reality TV World. "Staying in the mental capacity of saying 'You're strong enough and you're worth it' is a lot harder than even doing the physical workout, and when you're in [the gym] for four-to-six hours a day and you see hundreds of people come and go you're like 'Why can't I be like them, why can't I just do an hour and leave?' It really easy to kinda of flip out of that mind set."

"When you're on the ranch and you're surrounded by people doing the same thing you're doing it's a little bit easier, and you can stay a little bit more competitive if you're watching your competition," she added. "Mentally when you come home, for me, was probably the toughest part of the show."

Aguilar said that one thing she had gone out of her way to make "a big deal about" was her decision to wear her Black team shirt to the final weigh-in instead of her original Pink team shirt that she had worn in the show's earlier rounds. She told reporters that her decision to stick with the black shirt was due to the significance that team gameplay had taken on throughout a majority of the second half of The Biggest Loser: Families and her desire to do her Black team proud.

"When we went into blue and black shirts the game completely changed. Just... their demeanor changed. Once Bob's team had blue shirts on they [became] different people," Aguilar told reporters. "I don't feel I changed who I was when I put the black shirt on, but I felt like I began to represent more than just myself... I was like 'Okay, this means a lot to me."

"Getting to the end and being the only person of the [Black team] remaining, I wanted to make sure I represented that well, and I wanted to be a part of that [Black team alumni]," she added.

When it came to her Blue team opponents, Aguilar said that she had felt like she was "going a little bit crazy" as she observed the gameplay tactics used by Blue team members Vicky Vilcan, a 37-year-old anesthetist from Houma, LA, and Heba Salama, a 30-year-old pharmaceutical sales representative from Raleigh, NC.

"[I was like] 'Is it just me? Am I the only one who thinks they're a little bit crazy,'" Aguilar told reporters. "Then as soon as the show started airing I realized 'No, I'm not crazy" because they were that way [I remembered them] to be. I wasn't so much shocked as I was just relieved to know I wasn't crazy."

Aguilar also cited her background in television production to say that she felt Vicky had been portrayed accurately on the show.

"I actually come from a television background as an assistant director and an assistant producer, and one thing I've learned is that you can't make that kind of stuff up," Aguilar told Reality TV World.

However, she added that Vicky's naivety regarding how television shows were created likely did not help her -- especially when it came to her less than flattering confessional interviews.

"I think because Vicky was such a fan of the show going into it... I think she [felt that] everybody probably played the way she played [on the show] and that they just didn't show it. So to hear her coming out of interviews on the show and saying things like 'Oh they're never gonna use my interview' in my mind I'm thinking as a producer 'That's exactly what I'm gonna use,'" Aguilar told Reality TV World. "I think it was just a little bit of her being naive and not knowing exactly how the TV world works [too]."

Aguilar also said that, while it ended up working in their favor nonetheless, that she had not been surprised by America's overwhelming vote to send Ed Brantley, a 31-year-old chef from Raleigh, NC, into the Final 3 instead of his wife Heba.

"When we were on the ranch and they had come back in from doing their confessionals where they were asking America to vote for either [Ed] or Heba, they came in and [Heba said] 'Oh, we told America to vote for me.' A 'don't worry about it' kinda thing," Aguilar told reporters. "I just kinda said to myself 'Well that's probably a bad idea, I think that may backfire.' Nobody in America likes to be told what to do."

Having achieved her goal of losing her excess weight, Aguilar told reporters that after seeing the long and hard road that she had taken to lose the weight that she would not allow herself to go ever go back to the way she used to be. She later told Reality TV World that she didn't have plans to lose any more weight on purpose, but rather wanted to focus on getting her body more toned instead.

"Right now I'd like to not just maintain where I'm at, but I'd like to get stronger. I think my body right now is in really good shape and I'd like to tone up, I'd like to lean out," Aguilar told Reality TV World. As a girl, everything still kind of jiggles a little bit, and I'd like it to be a little bit firmer. Whether that means I gain a few pounds or lose a few pounds is irrelevant."

Link: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/michelle-aguilar-talks-about-her-the-biggest-loser-families-win-8181.php

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Interview with Michelle Aguilar, Biggest Loser 6 Champion

Michelle became the second female Biggest Loser during season 6.

At finale she visits with Bernie Salazar of DietsInReview.com

to talk about her tremendous 110 pound weight loss and her journey going forward.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »

Alison Sweeney Interview at Biggest Loser 6 Finale

She looks gorgeous and works out with the contestants  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »
.... one more she's funny  :lol:

Jillian Michaels Interview at Biggest Loser 6 Finale

Trainer Jillian Michaels grabbed another win as her trainee,

Michelle Aguilar, became the second Biggest Loser.

She spoke with former trainee Bernie Salazar, of DietsInReview.com,

about what it is she's looking for in a contestant.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
An interview with Michelle:

The Biggest Loser's Michelle Wins Big

Michelle Aguilar planned to just fly under the radar on The Biggest Loser. That all changed when Michelle quickly became an audience favorite and went on to win the title—and a quarter of a million dollar jackpot. With her estranged mom at her side, Michelle battled the forces of evil to drop 110 pounds. Those evil forces could either be the psychological demons that haunted her for years, or perhaps the infamous Blue Team that manipulated almost every situation. Either way, Michelle won over America… and the scale. Now that her weight loss journey has been documented in millions of homes, how is she handling the spotlight?

Michelle talked to Fancast right after her win, addressing everything from her relationships with her mom and Jillian to her feelings on the portrayal (and betrayal) of the "crazy" Blue Team members.

How did it feel to win The Biggest Loser?
On the outside knowing that I was getting ready to walk into a live show, I was nervous, I was excited. But on the inside, mentally I was absolutely at peace. I was like whatever is going to happen tonight is going to happen and there’s nothing I can do about it. But I’m so ready to show my family, show my friends, show America, that this is what I’ve achieved so far. And so when I finally did win, when that moment actually happened it was very surreal and I’m still kind of pinching myself wanting to know if it really happened.

How you plan to keep the weight off?
I do have a different relationship with food now. I was actually just sitting in The Today Show Greenroom looking at the just spread that they lay out and there’s healthier choices and there’s not healthy choices. So when I look at this spread and I’m seeing what’s available I say you know what, that’s a lot of extra time in the gym and I don’t really have time for to put in the gym right now, so I’m not going to make those choices. And I think that’ll be what also is a big tool in keeping me from ever putting the weight back on.

Were you surprised when Ed was voted into the finals instead of Heba?
I wasn’t too terribly surprised. When we were on the campus and they had come back in from doing their confessionals where they were asking America to vote for either him or Heba, and they came in and said "We told America to vote [Heba]. Don’t worry about it," I kind of just thought to myself well that’s probably a bad idea. I think that might backfire. Nobody in America wants to be told what to do. Seeing the way it turned out I realized that had they just kind of left it up to America to decide it may have been better for them. But that’s the method they went with, I guess.

What did you think of America's overwhelming support for the Black Team?
I wasn’t sure how America would see [the Blue Team]. I’m like "Is this just me? Am I the only one that things they’re a little bit crazy?" And then as soon as the show started airing I realized no, I’m not crazy. They really were that way. They were the way I remembered them to be. So I wasn’t so much shocked as I was just relieved to know I wasn’t crazy. I was definitely still overwhelmed, though, by how much people believed in me. I thought that was just beyond words.

Now why do you think people feel so strongly about how each of you played the game?
I think America has this really cool thing where they take a little bit of ownership of each of us in a good way or a bad way. Reading some of the stuff online where people say "Don’t worry Michelle, we’ve got you. If we can vote you in we’ll vote you in. We’re going to protect you." The fans of this show are very dedicated. They’re watching to be inspired. I think if they’re not seeing stuff that inspires them they’re going to vocalize it. So I think that’s probably a unique thing about this show and having the types of viewers that they have.

You and Renee won a lot of the challenges on the ranch. How did that feel to either win it by yourself or as a team with your mom?
My mom and I like to pretend that we’re flying under the radar and then every now and then that little competitive side for both of us comes creeping out. We couldn’t help ourselves. We thought if we have a chance to win let’s totally win. We felt like if it was within our grasp to do it and we weren’t going to get hurt, and Jillian wasn’t going to kill us for winning, they we were going to do it. And whether that meant putting a big target on our backs, we weren’t afraid of anybody.

Why did you and Jillian click so well this season?
She’s as tough as nails and scared me half to death at the same time. And then as I began to struggle with the emotional side and she began to show herself to be a little bit vulnerable on the emotional side as well. Sometimes both of us were in the women’s bathroom talking about how bad the day was. And just for me being able to see this human side of Jillian, this off-camera side of her, I think helped our relationship. There came a point I was able to look at Jillian and absolutely 100% trust her with helping me through this process. To say that Jillian and I became friends is absolutely true. She’s one of the most genuinely kind people I know.

How has your social life changed since losing the weight?
I spent so much of my life being worried about thoughts of if I go there what will I wear and how can I hide my body? And I realized that that was a daily thought. If ever there was this surprise "Oh hey, instead of doing this let’s all go to the hot tub instead, everybody could just borrow bathing suits," and I’m like whoa, whoa, wait a second. Those kinds of things would freak me out before, whereas now I’m like yeah, go with the flow and I don’t give as much thought to how I am going to look. I’m just living in the moment and I’m not pre-consumed with everything else that is my body.

Link: http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/12/the_biggest_losers_michelle.html

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »
An interesting article:

Born Losers

Whatever … I’m just writing what you’re thinking

“Revenge is better than Christmas.”

That quote, which I heard many, many times from a former co-worker, has been ingrained in my head. And the timing couldn’t be more perfect. Oh Elvira, what a wise woman you are.

I don’t want to sound like a naïve person who thinks reality television is sunshine, roses, puppies and rainbows, because it’s anything but. But for the most part, The Biggest Loser has always been a pretty decent feel-good series where people are trying to lose weight, get healthy, and win some loot while they’re at it. Couldn’t the backstabbing be left to shows like Survivor and Big Brother? Couldn’t they all just get along?

This season, vile Vicky and her henchwoman, horrible Heba, were manipulative, mean bitches who lasted way too long in a game where I like to see the good guys come out on top. Thankfully, the awesome Michelle won in the end.

Vicky said in an interview that the show portrayed her negatively. So what? She wasn’t acting like a sore loser after a reward challenge that would have enabled to her to talk to her kids? She didn’t call Amy C. a bitch after she turned on the blue team? (Heh.) It was the producers who posted a “Revenge” sign on her door after Brady was voted out? And she didn’t badmouth Phil until his wife Amy P. was in tears?

Riiiiiiiight. I suppose it was a bad camera angle then. Part of the reason I love this show is that we get to witness the journey each contestant takes. But I could give a flying fig about what happens to Vicky after this.

I was terrified that America was going to respect the wishes of hubby-and-wife team Ed and Heba and vote her into the finals. But deep down, I knew there was no way Heba could’ve convinced the public that Ed deserved to sit out of the final weigh-in so she could be named the winner. No way.

Ed was all supportive of his wife, pleading with America to put her through instead of him, but thankfully America saw through that. And perhaps to spite her and just being sick of Heba’s alliance with evil Vicky, voters ignored the couple’s request and sent Ed to the finals instead.

Suckers.

Not only did fans vote for Ed, but he won by a landslide. Heba’s expression was classic; when Allison said the winner won with 84 per cent of the votes, Heba’s smug look (seriously? Did she really think she was America’s sweetheart or something?) was quickly wiped away when Allison said the votes were for Ed.

A total slap in the face, and a totally awesome move by Americans, who were clearly sick of Heba. Had she been a more likable player, she would’ve won. Heba lost a total of 138 pounds, for a total weight loss of 46.93 per cent. Michelle, who was crowned the winner, lost 110 pounds, which worked out to a total weight loss of 45.45 per cent.

Just about everyone wanted Michelle to pull off the win — and halleluiah! Every member of Bob's blue team was a miserable person, who managed to infuriate not just their fellow competitors but viewers as well. Thankfully, justice was served in the end. A tough thing to swallow for the losers, I’m sure.

The rest of them:

Adam and Stacey: The first couple eliminated were looking fine. Adam was sporting a sweet suit, while Stacey looked stunning. And they were only around for a week at the ranch, so all their hard work was done at home. Good job!

LT and Tom: Love the Toms! They’re both still massive guys, but now they look like solid linebackers, instead of jiggly centres. They’ve clearly taken their health seriously — Tom no longer has high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes issues.

Jerry and Coleen: Jerry, who couldn’t last three minutes walking on a treadmill, can now run 5 km. Unbelievable! He has eliminated all his medications and diseases, and his daughter Coleen, who bears a striking resemblance to Reese Witherspoon, couldn’t be prouder of her pops. Those two got me every time …

Shellay and Amy C.: Holy. Smokes. This mother-daughter duo were smokin’ hot, both showing off toned, beautiful bods under their tight-fitting dresses. They looked like completely different people.

Phil and Amy P.: Phil lost the most amount of weight (151 pounds) and looked like a whole other person — like, half his size. Not only was he super-toned, but he had a newly shaved head, and looked so fit. Amy P.’s transformation was equally shocking … I hoped deep down she would win the $100,000.

Brady: Though he lost a ton of weight, he’s still a solid, beefy guy. He looked great though. Plus, I can’t bash him too much; he’s married to Vicky, so that’s enough to deal with on its own.

Renee: She looked absolutely beautiful with her sassy new haircut and gorgeous black dress. I loved how she said that no matter how good she looks, Michelle looks even better. Awwww. And double Awwwww to her husband in the audience. SO cute.

Heba: Despite how much she irritated me, I have to call a spade a spade. Heba, who didn’t appear to be shrinking as rapidly as everyone else, looked really good, like, half her original size. Her haircut was sleek and fantastic … though she could’ve bought a better bra for national television. Just saying.

When Heba won the at-home competition, I was irked. I know, I know. I should be celebrating such an astonishing achievement, but instead, I’m wishing her harm. I really wanted Amy P. to win … and thought she had it in the bag.

I was hoping she would be the victor, just so she could give Heba a big ol’ “Suck it!” after winning, for treating her and hubby Phil like garbage. More importantly, I just wanted Heba to lose so I could laugh and laugh. But alas, that wasn’t the case.

I know, I’m immature. Shoot me.

Link to the article: http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Watercooler/Dens%20Digs/Articles/081219_digs_biggest_loser_DW

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »
Ed and Heba will be doing a radio chat Thursday 1/8 @ 11pm EST

link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Reality_Check/2009/01/09/Reality-Check-Radio

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »
An interesting article:

EXCLUSIVE: Biggest Loser Champ Michelle Is Engaged!

Nine days after Michelle Aguilar won NBC's The Biggest Loser, her boyfriend of four months, Micah Whitehead, popped the question, she tells Us Weekly in its latest issue (on stands now).

"I was so shocked!" she tells Us.

The 27-year-old Aguilar -- who lost an impressive 110 lbs. (she went from 242 to 132 lbs.) -- tells Us shopping for a wedding dress now is "absolutely liberating.

"Before, you have that fear: 'Hey, can you pull me a size 20?'" says Aguilar, who is now a size 4 to 6. What girl wants to say that?"

She tells Us she "absolutely" plans to use some of her $250,000 Loser prize money to pay for the wedding.

They plan to wed in spring or fall 2009.

Link: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/biggest-loser-champ-michelle-is-engaged
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:46:39 PM by marigold »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »

Winner of Biggest Loser 6 Michelle Aguilar Stars in Her Own Milk Mustache Ad

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »
 :hearts: She looks cute